Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,513 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (676151 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 5:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
AJANIEmmanuel78:
indianapolis is very expensive i have a friend there except if u be OBO smiley indianapolis is very expensive i have a friend there except if u be OBO
Baba, no scare me oo...lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
sobastical:

Indianapolis is the state capital so you should expect that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kidman96(m): 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
Walspring:

I find it hard to believe that GTbank staff doesn't know about paying US student visa fee..

Maybe you asked the wrong person

Send me pm

They do. They just don't know how someone can't pay for it online from the U.S.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by happyday: 6:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
neurosci:

I've PMd you.
I've replied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
AJANIEmmanuel78:

indianapolis is very expensive i have a friend there except if u be OBO

What city are you comparing it to..It's relatively inexpensive compared to lot of major cities
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tmeeto: 7:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
Hello House,

My passport expires May 2017, I was told at the immigration office that I can't get a renewal until December 2016( 6 months to the expiry date) however I am planning on applying for an f1 visa.
Can I just go ahead and apply with the old passport despite the fact that I read somewhere that I need to present a passport that extends 6 months beyond the course completion date?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 7:54pm On Oct 10, 2016
Beelad:
I just started following this thread recently and I really appreciate the great work being done here.
I plan to apply to University of Illinois at Springfield and University of Tennessee for masters in public health. Please I'll be glad if anyone can provide any useful hints on these schools as regards acceptance, affordability and any relevant info. Thanks in advance
Please can someone help with this?Gurus in the house. Cc walspring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2016
tmeeto:
Hello House,

My passport expires May 2017, I was told at the immigration office that I can't get a renewal until December 2016( 6 months to the expiry date) however I am planning on applying for an f1 visa.
Can I just go ahead and apply with the old passport despite the fact that I read somewhere that I need to present a passport that extends 6 months beyond the course completion date?

Thanks.

This question has been answered many times so u can refer to previous post ...

So it depends on when exactly u are going for interview.at the date of the interview you need at least 6 months left . So its 6 months left for visa interview and POE and not degree completion date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominic147(m): 8:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pls motifoluwasolami I really need ur help in nailing my GRE exam.. My exam is slated for November, I will be glad if u can help me wit GRE 2016 edition materials and pass questions.. Ur swift reply will be highly appreciated..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2016
biikeys:

What city are you comparing it to..It's relatively inexpensive compared to lot of major cities
new york
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
tmeeto:
Hello House,

Thanks.

Go ahead and apply before December and when it is December just make sure you renew your passport before leaving the country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:02pm On Oct 10, 2016
kidman96:

They do. They just don't know how someone can't pay for it online from the U.S.

Lol.. All those ones no sabi think at all.

I wonder if they explore at all..

I have said it in my previous post how the person can pay for you over there..

But lemme ask is the person having trust issues with you that (s)he can't send you the money to make payment here in Nigeria ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
Dominic147:
Pls motifoluwasolami I really need ur help in nailing my GRE exam.. My exam is slated for November, I will be glad if u can help me wit GRE 2016 edition materials and pass questions.. Ur swift reply will be highly appreciated..

Kindly follow the thread link below;

https://www.nairaland.com/1832477/how-achieve-high-scores-gre/127#50045821
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Dominic147(m): 9:04pm On Oct 10, 2016
[quote author=Walspring post=50091854]

Pls reply ur dm sir..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2016
Dominic147:
reply ur dm sir..

I have replied your pm

Check to confirm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:19pm On Oct 10, 2016
Walspring:

I have replied your pm

Check to confirm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kidman96(m): 9:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
Walspring:

Lol.. All those ones no sabi think at all.

I wonder if they explore at all..

I have said it in my previous post how the person can pay for you over there..

But lemme ask is the person having trust issues with you that (s)he can't send you the money to make payment here in Nigeria ?

Work. Please let's chat on whatsapp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
Good evening everyone,
Please, on the day of interview that is for the non-immigrant visa, is there any rule that says you will not allowed into the embassy if you're below 18 yrs, unless you come with your parent or a legal guardian?
Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
Horlopz:
Good evening everyone,
Please, on the day of interview that is for the non-immigrant visa, is there any rule that says you will not allowed into the embassy if you're below 18 yrs, unless you come with your parent or a legal guardian?
Thanks so much.

As a minor less than 18 ..., wont it be best to go with a parent as a supporter club....i would think this is a good thing so why would you want to go alone
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cuspy(m): 10:20pm On Oct 10, 2016
happyday:

Let's thank God.

Send an email to the grad program co-ordinator with your profile, well articulated. S/he should be able to tell you if there are funding positions, or direct you to those who can tell you.

Attach your scores (GRE + transcripts). Talk about his/her research area, and indicate interest (that's if you like it).

And don't mention anything about money or funding.

You want to know if the department is looking in the direction of your research interest(s).

Thanks again.
Ya too much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2016
LagosismyHome:

As a minor less than 18 ..., wont it be best to go with a parent as a supporter club....i would think this is a good thing so why would you want to go alone

Thank you, I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Songitto(m): 10:43pm On Oct 10, 2016
ferdinad:

This is what i get using USPS to track.
I do appreciate. Thank you

Bro chill your item will finally reach its final destination, its just that nipost is tantamount to snail, you can try and call usps on toll free they have another way of tracking it for you, call them on skype its free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 10:47pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 10:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
EVENING HERE, I TRIED GETTING IN TOUCH WITH PROFESSORS AT EAST WEST UNIVERSITY CHICAGO ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT BUT I'M UNABLE TOO,THEIR SITE GET AS E BE(EASTWEST.EDU)....PLEASE IF YOU CHOOSE THE SCHOOL TOO OR CAN HELP IN ANY WAY ABEG ILL BE VERY HAPPY........(08127487695)
EPP a brother....
Na only the school dey Yankee?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
kidman96:

Work. Please let's chat on whatsapp.

message me on whatsapp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2016
OluDare01:

Na only the school dey Yankee?

Yes nah grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
that where the person sponsoring choose
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
Horlopz:
Good evening everyone,
Thanks so much.

Let your parent or guardian go with you and with their ID as well, preferable International passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SCHOOLBUOY(m): 11:15pm On Oct 10, 2016
that where the person sponsoring choose,cause it close to where she stays....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
that where the person sponsoring choose

I guess there is something special or a special reason why your sponsor chose the school, maybe your sponsor reside there..

I hope this wont lead to intending migrant
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
SCHOOLBUOY:
that where the person sponsoring choose,cause it close to where she stays....

You have a big work to do from now till the day of interview..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 11:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
sobastical:

tell am o, all this scare tactics, nairaland una no go kill person, indianapolis that is "ibadan" to Chicago, Cleveland and Cincinnati, even living in St louis and Nashville is more expensive, the internet is always there to help you. indianapolis is just a privileged junction to the East coast.

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/index/north-america

http://www.businessinsider.com/most-expensive-cities-in-america-2016-3

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.