Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672178 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iambiola(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello to d gurus in the house, am new to the house but a good job is been Done here, God bless you all,
I need your prayers and assistance In likely Question am to face @ d embassy on Monday next week. I got admission into Lincoln university oakland to study MBA, I studied accounting in my BSC, hope it is still in same line of study?I Work as an account officer/cashier presenty @ my Workplace, I Would appreciate likely Questions am to face and constructive replies to give the VO, to get my visa Approved,
Thanks to the house in anticipation,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by SAMUELS3(m): 11:40am On Dec 01, 2016
iambiola:
Hello to d gurus in the house, am new to the house but a good job is been Done here, God bless you all,
I need your prayers and assistance In likely Question am to face @ d embassy on Monday next week. I got admission into Lincoln university oakland to study MBA, I studied accounting in my BSC, hope it is still in same line of study?I Work as an account officer/cashier presenty @ my Workplace, I Would appreciate likely Questions am to face and constructive replies to give the VO, to get my visa Approved,

Your interview is near, read from page 190 of this part 10 till date, you will surely get the likely questions.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 11:57am On Dec 01, 2016
Mekurexx:
Happy new month y'all! cheesy. Just a quick tip for those coming in Spring & Fall, edaku embarassedn! when choosing a phone plan, go for affordable ones. Dont get swamped in orientation hype and allow obodo oyibo breeze to go and push you to be paying $50+ monthly as phone bill. You might not feel it in your first or second month, but 3rd month when you start using your tongue to count your teeth you will know how far. God bless slimmy, bigfrancis21 and co that talked about cheaper phone plans like lycamobile,ultramobile,simplemobile some months back. Its better to use these so called cheap plans, as time goes on, you can switch to Verizon & co. Whats the point of $50+ phone bill when you cant call internationally or text intl. My $19 phone bill has unlimited intl text, $1.5 intl credit and very clear domestic call and texts + 40+ free intl calling. Just thought I'd drop this here cuz body don dey tell on people with crazy bills. One love tongue
I am quoting this comment for historical purposes. Archived! REF/001/Data-Things

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 12:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
poshestaunt:
Visa approved! Lagos consulate. Chinese guy. Transcript loading in a bit. grin grin >
Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by seeker88(m): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
Songitto:
Glory be to God,visa approved today at lagos u s embassy around 8:30am, transcripts will come very soon
Good news!!! congratulations...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hbaba: 12:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
DeeTus:
No. I will advice you travel before your visa gets expired. This is student visa, not tourist visa.

If you fail to go and allow it to expire, you'll struggle to get another one unless you have a very strong reason.

I just got new admission for summer. And I can't travel more than 3months to resumption. If I'm wrong with my notion, kindly correct me and advice accordingly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please, I need gurus to conduct a mock interview for me o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hbaba:
Thank you for the good job. Here is my challenge where I would really appreciate your kind suggestions

F1 visa granted for spring 2016 December 2015. Unfortunately, I was unable to resume at the school due to an extension in the project which I was managing at my place of work. Now the project is over and I deferred my admission to summer 2017. The school has sent new I20 (in transit to my address). Please do shed more light on this. Do I need to visit the embassy again for visa as I still have a valid F1 visa till December 2017? I am aware I need to pay for new sevis as the previous is over 12months. Your inputs would be appreciated

I can't travel more than 3months to resumption ..... Very wrong you cant travel more than 30 days not 3 months

Find the thread here on NL where you can send a message to the VO , so maybe he/she can provide more accurate information

So this is what i know from before..... How valid it is I am not so sure , as i stopped been a student a while ago .

Firstly on the topic of deferring : If you were previously issued a visa, you can use this visa for a later date, as long as your visa has not expired.....

The Second comment If the SEVIS number, program and university have not changed, then for sure you can still be able to travel on the initial issued visa . However you need a new I20 (which you stated above) and it must be the one with the revised date ....so in your case the SEVIS has changed hence why i am not fully sure of your case

Then thirdly, From the i20 start date , You cannot enter the U.S. more than 30 days prior to the start date ...This is to correct your comment in bold

There is a rule that if you defer for over 5 Months then you need a new visa stamp but that is for returning student. You are a new student not a returning student .... Normally i would have said confidently that you are ok to use the visa with a new i20 but because your SEVIS has changed then i would recommend you write to the VO directly on NL . If you have then i guess wait till they respond and maybe you share the response here so we can all learn for the next person
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
DeeTus:
I only say things the way they are. Whether i'm bad or not, is totally inconsequential. grin

Election's come and gone. "The devil you know is better than the one you don't know." grin
Bros, please check your pm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Femi 321, Deetus, Textrem and other gurus, abeg make una show me love na. Allow me testify to your benevolence in the coming weeks. Abeg help with my interview preparation o. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iyobs7(f): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
DeeTus:
Which country is that? grin

Studied Computer Science in India 2013-2016

2006/2007-2013 Uniben part time science lab tech
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Jokemb: 1:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good day everyone
I hope everyone reader gets to see this and finds it useful.
I'm a silent reader here. Today first of December was my interview day for us f1 visa.
Conversation btwn I(young boy) and the VO(Woman)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
Vo: passport please.
Me: okay I passed it.
Vo: why this Uni?
Me: I wanted to start rapping cos I was ready to offload lol she said hold on
Vo: I know you came prepared but I want to have a conversation with you. Talk to me.
Me: OK
Vo: who's your sponsor?
Me: my dad is my sponsor he's the one funding my edu.
Vo: okay
What does he do?
Me: business man into wine importation and furniture
Vo: okay.
Why do you think you got this amount of scholarship?
Me : they school stated its cause of my excellent academic performance
Vo: okay did you write an essay .
Me: yes I did.
Vo : what's the topic .
Me: blah blah blah ...I told her
Vo: hands me white paper
Lol i kept sampling it till I left the embassy building Lol

I'm so happy . I had my interview in Abuja.
I'm going to Indiana by January. Just in case any one know someone going my way too just holla at me.
I wish everyone searching for visa a good luck.
l I prayed hard he heard me...

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 1:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jokemb:
Good day everyone
I'm a silent reader here. Today first of December was my interview day for us f1 visa.
Conversation btwn I(young boy) and the VO(Woman)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
Vo: passport please.
Me: okay I passed it.
Vo: why this Uni?
Me: I wanted to start rapping cos I was ready to offload lol she said hold on
Vo: I know you came prepared but I want to have a conversation with you. Talk to me.
Me: OK
Vo: who's your sponsor?
Me: my dad is my sponsor he's the one funding my edu.
Vo: okay
What does he do?
Me: business man into wine importation and furniture
Vo: okay.
Why do you think you got this amount of scholarship?
Me : they school stated its cause of my excellent academic performance
Vo: okay did you write an essay .
Me: yes I did.
Vo : what's the topic .
Me: blah blah blah ...I told her
Vo: hands me white paper
Lol i kept sampling it till I left the embassy building Lol

I'm so happy . I had my interview in Abuja.
I'm going to Indiana by January. Just in case any one know someone going my way too just holla at me.
I wish everyone searching for visa a good luck.
My telephone: 07052462628
You can text me .
God is real I prayed hard he heard me...

Wow, nice interview, new month with new testimony........ Congratulations dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 1:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
iyobs7:
Wow I don't even know what to say. Take me for instance, finished sec school 2003 got admitted 2006/2007 studied for 6 years (part time) found out it wasn't accredited and had to get another admission in another country 2013 and finished 2016. What do I do and how can I escape the VO for 2003-2013?
This thread was not created to teach people how to escape VOs. You can create another thread for that, thank you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iyobs7(f): 2:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
OluDare01:

This thread was not created to teach people how to escape VOs. You can create another thread for that, thank you. grin

grin grin grin grin please naaaa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ipledge01: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jokemb:
Good day everyone

Congratulation, go and excel.

I sent a mail Fesobi92 still waiting for your reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
iyobs7:
Wow I don't even know what to say. Take me for instance, finished sec school 2003 got admitted 2006/2007 studied for 6 years (part time) found out it wasn't accredited and had to get another admission in another country 2013 and finished 2016. What do I do and how can I escape the VO for 2003-2013?

Escape grin

Simple put our full history on the Ds 160 form and then write it down , logically what you have done since 2003 ...... Then say it in a short logical statement .

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iambiola(m): 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hi, kindly assist in my earlier post, my interview date is slated for Monday, thank u
LagosismyHome:

Escape grin

Simple put our full history on the Ds 160 form and then write it down , logically what you have done since 2003 ...... Then say it in a short logical statement .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
iambiola:

it is too much for me to start .......... You either go through the whole thread and read it all regardless of data cost or giving up your sleep . (if its me that what i would do) or you read these previous transcript of success and rejection and learn from it . The dropbox was done a while ago so it doesn't have many other transcript posted since but it gives you a base line to work from

get your pen and paper and note the questions especially the frequently asked on and build your own transcript

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkt7zz6y583qhna/APPROVED_VISAS_Part_7.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nq0ft9sr52twe7/DELAYED_VISAS_PART_7.pdf?dl=0

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iambiola(m): 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Thank you God bless
LagosismyHome:

it is too much for me to start .......... You either go through the whole thread and read it all regardless of data cost or giving up your sleep . (if its me that what i would do) or you read these previous transcript of success and rejection and learn from it . The dropbox was done a while ago so it doesn't have many other transcript posted since but it gives you a base line to work from

get your pen and paper and note the questions especially the frequently asked on and build your own transcript

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkt7zz6y583qhna/APPROVED_VISAS_Part_7.pdf?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nq0ft9sr52twe7/DELAYED_VISAS_PART_7.pdf?dl=0
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hbaba: 3:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Thank you for the input. Until I see the i20 before I can affirm the sevis number is different. However I made sevis payment 11/05/2015. I just logged into their database now to check my status. Attached is the screenshot of what I saw. Does this mean the sevis is still valid till 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hbaba:
Thank you for the input. Until I see the i20 before I can affirm the sevis number is different. However I made sevis payment 11/05/2015. I just logged into their database now to check my status. Attached is the screenshot of what I saw. Does this mean the sevis is still valid till 2018?

ok seen .... now delete the attachment ...... There no need to show any picture that has any personal information .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ahahnow: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
Please, any gmat instructor, for a reasonable price able to help me achieve a 700 gmat score? Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hbaba: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
LagosismyHome:

ok seen .... now delete the attachment ...... There no need to show any picture that has any personal information .

Attachment deleted. Does the pics I shared connote the sevis expires 2018? And what is the way forward on this problem. I guess it's a special case that needs special intervention grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
I want to know why my visa allocating was denied ...please who has the contact email ?
They've all stated why it was denied, yet you're still finding contact. Do you really want to take to corrections?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
femi321:
I did it then, your card is probably the problem, maybe you have exceeded the limit for the month or your bank has disabled international transaction. Look for gtb or stanbic card
Gtb's limit is $100, i think, and GRE fee is above the limit. I think paypal is the best bet for GRE fee payment. That's if it will even work with the bank's monthly limit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 4:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
adup:

Pls all the gurus in the house, d deed as been done and he had realized his mistake, he wasted his time, money in dis subsidy economy recession period, pls and pls let's join hands to hands and help this fellow...... United we stand divided we fall

You are right. I guess he feels terrible already
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eDavesson(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hi guys, I hope you are good. I am new to this forum. I was accepted into Broward College Florida to study Aviation Mechanics and I plan to arrive USA 13th Dec 2016 for enrollment. Please, will anyone be willing and happy to accommodate me for some days until I sort out my accommodation? Kindly let me know. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
I doubt if if there's any member of this thread in that school. Use LinkedIn
eDavesson:
Hi guys, I hope you are good. I am new to this forum. I was accepted into Broward College Florida to study Aviation Mechanics and I plan to arrive USA 13th Dec 2016 for enrollment. Please, will anyone be willing and happy to accommodate me for some days until I sort out my accommodation? Kindly let me know. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hbaba:

I just got new admission for summer. And I can't travel more than 3months to resumption. If I'm wrong with my notion, kindly correct me and advice accordingly.
Lol, why not get winter admission and travel before your visa expires?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Christian129:
Femi 321, Deetus, Textrem and other gurus, abeg make una show me love na. Allow me testify to your benevolence in the coming weeks. Abeg help with my interview preparation o. Thanks
Show you brotherly love? grin

Is your interview fast-approaching?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
iyobs7:

Studied Computer Science in India 2013-2016

2006/2007-2013 Uniben part time science lab tech
India is okay. No problems!

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.