Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672196 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jokemb:
Good day everyone
I hope everyone reader gets to see this and finds it useful.
I'm a silent reader here. Today first of December was my interview day for us f1 visa.
Conversation btwn I(young boy) and the VO(Woman)
VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma
Vo: passport please.
Me: okay I passed it.
Vo: why this Uni?
Me: I wanted to start rapping cos I was ready to offload lol she said hold on
Vo: I know you came prepared but I want to have a conversation with you. Talk to me.
Me: OK
Vo: who's your sponsor?
Me: my dad is my sponsor he's the one funding my edu.
Vo: okay
What does he do?
Me: business man into wine importation and furniture
Vo: okay.
Why do you think you got this amount of scholarship?
Me : they school stated its cause of my excellent academic performance
Vo: okay did you write an essay .
Me: yes I did.
Vo : what's the topic .
Me: blah blah blah ...I told her
Vo: hands me white paper
Lol i kept sampling it till I left the embassy building Lol

I'm so happy . I had my interview in Abuja.
I'm going to Indiana by January. Just in case any one know someone going my way too just holla at me.
I wish everyone searching for visa a good luck.
You can text me .
God is real I prayed hard he heard me...
congratulations man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by worry359(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
No need to waste space quoting a whole post just for two word reply!

Just quote the author!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Christian129(m): 5:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
DeeTus:
Show you brotherly love? grin
Is your interview fast-approaching?

Lol.. Yes sir. I sent you a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Good day friends
I paid for visa fee today and will fill my ds 160 tomorow ...I'm begging I know I didnt do well the last time I admit my mistake ...please help me and not scod me to get out of this and get my white paper ....what corrections will I do on my ds 160 please help me ...thank you ....I graduated from secondary school 2010 and got a diploma in 2015 .....please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
I think the first thing you need to do is to follow the gurus' advice...ensure you fill in your diploma this time and again, review the transcripts already posted here to structure your own responses. So many people here, including me did not wait for any mock interview from anybody before we got our visas. We just followed the thread and structure our own responses. Ensure you give detailed explanation to buttress your points before the VO. I pray God shows you mercy this time for your dream to come through. It is well.
Chiezzh:
Good day friends
I paid for visa fee today and will fill my ds 160 tomorow ...I'm begging I know I didnt do well the last time I admit my mistake ...please help me and not scod me to get out of this and get my white paper ....what corrections will I do on my ds 160 please help me ...thank you ....I graduated from secondary school 2010 and got a diploma in 2015 .....please help

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
Good day friends

Well since you are filling a new ds160 I guess you need to straighten out your academic background.

Draw a time line from 2010 to 2016 and develope a cogent and confident explanation for your academic decisions.

After school, what have you being doing? How you retackle this question would determine ur fate.

If you got a diploma, then what were you doing in between 2010 to when the diploma started? The story must be convincing.( serious work is needed here).

Capitalize on the need for a degree as a building block on your ND. At least the courses should align. I wish you got some form of scholarship to ease things with the VO.

And as you know ur ds160 must match your gist.

Kindly scroll up and download all the Visa interviews and study arduously to build your ability to defend yourself

Then setup a mock interview from what you learn and answer it in your own words. Then paste the answers here for help.

Best of Luck
I don't need to tell you to pray.

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
Good day friends

You will get it this time by His grace. Please follow the advice given this time around. Its well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 7:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
Plss who knows PayPal rate /$ n is it safe to use them? thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fesobi92: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
ipledge01:

Congratulation, go and excel.

I sent a mail Fesobi92 still waiting for your reply.
Done sire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
larmeedeh:
Plss who knows PayPal rate /$ n is it safe to use them?
thanks
GTB 320
Access 325
Paypal depends on the bank rate. PayPal is safe bit then what are you paying for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
so expensive to call Nigeria right now, another hike shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 9:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
amanze15:
so expensive to call Nigeria right now, another hike shocked
Chai.... Now who do we blame?
Any which way sha,
Chairman dey sweep room for me oohhh.... I dey see u in 3D. cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
How about saying after my Secondary school in 2010 I gained admission into a poly to study civil engineering and graduated 2013 ...and went for a compulsory 1yrs industrial training after that due to the employment issue in nigeria I was able to secure a job in a hospital and worked for 2 years ..that's when I found out about the course biomedical .....pls more opinion ...I actually got diploma 2015...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 9:43pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
How about saying after my Secondary school in 2010 I gained admission into a poly to study civil engineering and graduated 2013 ...and went for a compulsory 1yrs industrial training after that due to the employment issue in nigeria I was able to secure a job in a hospital and worked for 2 years ..that's when I found out about the course biomedical .....pls more opinion ...I actually got diploma 2015...

I believe there was an ASUU strike some time ago in 2012 or 2013, not sure of the actual year. Why can't you jst include something about it to cover up some your delay. I jst hope am making some sense
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 9:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:

What was your diploma in
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Civil engineering. ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
Civil engineering. ...

And what undergraduate course are you going for now + how old are you??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 10:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Biomedical 24yrs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 10:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
Biomedical 24yrs
Answer this few questions please
1. Is it Biomedical sciences or Biomedical Engineering??
2. What year did you start your diploma and when precisely did you finish it??
3. Did you write a statement of Purpose for admission process??
4. If Biomedical Engineering..is it offered in Nigeria and how many schools do??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
electronic:

GTB 320
Access 325
Paypal depends on the bank rate. PayPal is safe bit then what are you paying for?
I intend using it to pay for flight ticket , not sure if it will work but this monthly limit on mastercard is just annoying. no bank allows 200$+ for international transaction expect access n I hear its 200$ monthly.
or what do u do suggest ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolutweety(m): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
larmeedeh:

I intend using it to pay for flight ticket , not sure if it will work but this monthly limit on mastercard is just annoying. no bank allows 200$+ for international transaction expect access n I hear its 200$ monthly.
or what do u do suggest ?

Use wakanow.com to book your flight. They will give you cheaper flights to your destination.
You can pay in naira with your debit card on their site, with no worry of bank limit.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 10:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Biomedical engineering 2013 to 2015 I dint get the 3rd question and only 4 schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:
Biomedical engineering 2013 to 2015 I dint get the 3rd question and only 4 schools

Statement of purpose or personal statement on why u want to study bio engineering
So again another round of questions.
1. What were you sincerely doing from 2011 to 2013 before u got admission
2. What have u been doing since you finished diploma

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
ajomarzy:

Statement of purpose or personal statement on why u want to study bio engineering
So again another round of questions.
1. What were you sincerely doing from 2011 to 2013 before u got admission
2. What have u been doing since you finished diploma
From 2011 to 2013 I applied for school but didn't get admitted i found a job and stated working
I did a 1 yr compulsory Industrial training
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 11:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
Chiezzh:

From 2011 to 2013 I applied for school Ibut didn't get admitted to in found a job and stated working
I did a 1 yr compulsory Industrial training

What sector did yu work before you got admission and in what kind of company did you do your IT??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Chiezzh: 11:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
ajomarzy:

What sector did yu work before you got admission and in what kind of company did you do your IT??
I worked in dad hospital before admission and as an apprentice to an engineer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by xkunzo(m): 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
pls how can someone transfer sevis fee from one school to another , is it possible ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 11:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
bbdd:

LOL. First win in 4 years. You guys can enjoy it.
Doing great here.
How are you doing?

I'm doing good boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 12:20am On Dec 02, 2016
xkunzo:
pls how can someone transfer sevis fee from one school to another , is it possible ?

Sevis fee or Sevis record?? Transfer of sevis record to another school possible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 12:30am On Dec 02, 2016
Chiezzh:

I worked in dad hospital before admission and as an apprentice to an engineer

Then you need to be sincere when feeling your form then....put your work experience in the hospital(hospital name and role) from 2011 till when u got admission
Then put the exact course you studied and exact date u started and finished (2013-2015)...civil engineering and the company you did IT with (All this would show you have not been idle)....tell them you had to work after sec school as u could not gain admission early and u did not want to remain idle..then hospital experience brought about wanting to read a course related to health care u developed passion for...

Then finally if they ask why Bio engineering...you need to explain how you developed a passion in the medical and health care sector from your experience in the hospital...
You say you wanted bio engineering but the gave you civil engineering...and since both are in engineering field but different sectors you would like to focus more on health sector(if they ask why the change from civil to Bio)..then explain how Bio engineering (BME) is the application of engineering principles and design concepts to medicine and biology for healthcare purposes...read very well about the course and how you intend to apply it here in Nigeria to your dad's hospital I presume

Basically the magic key here is going to be how well you sell yourself out and the confidence you show when speaking
NB- there would be some engineering modules that both those in civil and Bio would do am sure
Also read transcripts of people that have been interviewed in this forum on how to answer questions thrown at you properly....and compare it to your past performance which was poor

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Qhalifah: 12:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Thanks momma
LagosismyHome:

means you have to be strong in or have done courses in the past that are mathematical like ......eg statistics , probability , linear analysis and those kind maths things ...... if not if your maths foundation / background is weak then o boy, a lot of work ahead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by okesammie: 1:43am On Dec 02, 2016
sirRiddy:
Chiezzh
I am sorry about your visa denial but I think you played a huge
part in the unfavorable outcome. Nothing is guaranteed in life but this is what happens
when one does not prepare for important events. You sound quite
ignorant, clueless and utterly desperate. Even if you just want to
enter the country without actually going to school, you need work hard
and ensure you put up a good fight in front of the VO.

Can you turn this whole thing around? Maybe. I will advise that you
learn from this and not just prepare for your next interview but any
other big event in your life. Do not come here and ask silly
questions about basic things that show you did not do any sort of
research. You have the internet, get to work. If you cannot work hard
with little reward, it might be tougher when you eventually move here.
Anyway, take some rest and do not see this as the worst that can happen to
you. Think of worst things: Cancer, jail, MMM crashing and you have your
life savings staked there. Try to do your homework and see this as a
wake up call. Good luck!
No dey joke with MMM crashing abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.