Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari (34551 Views)

Joachim Iroko In Court For Naming His Dog Buhari (Photos) / Joe Chinakwe Rearrested For Naming His Dog Buhari, To Appear In Court On Monday / Trader Arrested For Naming His Dog ‘Buhari’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by bittertruthz: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2016
favexx:
Nairaland members no get chill. btw I have nothing to say about this till I go buy my own dog name am aisha den dey will explain it its only the presidents wife dat I aisha

The time and money you will spend to find trouble why not use it for something else that will benefit your life?
According to Nigeria constitution this is against the law. Lucky ones can escape such offense if the prosecutor refuse to take the case. Its already in the law.

Let us be honest, Hausa man can never ever name his dog Ojukwu or NNamdi Kanu in Nnewi, Onitsha or Abba.
Stubbornness does not pay. THE BIBLE SAY BLESSED ARE THE PEACE MAKERS FOR THEY SHALL OBTAIN PEACE.

even if they release him now, the stress and energy lost does not worth it.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Guyman02: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2016
Islamic fanatics kill 8 in Gusau for blasphemy against Mohammed who were quickly buried yesterday with the State Governor in attendance, no arrests made.
A man names his dog after his here, got arrested and detained for days without trial, released and rearrested again, taken to court and lands in prison.
One Nigeria indeed!

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by vectoh(m): 9:22am On Aug 23, 2016
Ausbongean:
hmm watching them with 3d
d guy s even a man.u fan!
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by ATERI(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2016
A clear case of presidential insanity!

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Tamakay(m): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2016
I support Mr. President for this one. For crying out loud, he's the President and u voted him in and he is not GEJ where u can insult from left right and centre. Use him as an example

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by xkxtt: 9:26am On Aug 23, 2016
idiot man,see him big head like ole (thief).he wan cause riot for naija,make he go cool off for jail dey chop beans and gari
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by MadCow1: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2016
jmoore:

You have no idea that's why you will never understand. Koran itself is an insult to Christianity. We are talking about violent and you are talikng about disrespect. Keep running away from the truth.

The world did not witness any violence when that The Da Vinci Code was published.

But when a cartoon was mohammed was published, hell was let loose.

You just keep making my case..

The Muslims by the nature of the contents of their religious books and ability for those contents to be taken literally have a high propensity to react violently to people who blaspheme their religion/religious deities.

Christians by the nature of the contents of their religious books and the underlying principle of love and mercy which is the bedrock of 'Christianity' are less likely to react violently to someone blaspheming their religion/religious deities.

Now what any sensible person would do is strike a balance.. We all can live peaceably if we all can learn to be tolerant and attentive to each others sensitivities.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by legendte(m): 9:27am On Aug 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:

This has nothing to do with violence and everything to do with irresponsible provocation.

Does it have to cost you an arm to be respectful to your neighbors?

Why are Africans like this? Gosh.
And somebody made a statue of Trump in far away US. And an ex president named his chimpanzee after the wife of another ex president. How about the Afonja and Igbo issues on nairaland? How about calling a sitting governor an unchained mad dog? I don't want to totally agree or disagree with his actions as I have no firsthand info of what happened. But the worrisome part is the manner at which we handle a particular set of people. Ese Oruru, the Imo woman, the redeem woman etc. Nobody would have complained if same measures are adopted for all similar cases. Jonathan was stoned and there was no killing. Army chief was blocked and there was a massacre.

2 Likes

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by fiizznation: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2016
Someone inscribed buhari's name on his pet, paraded that same pet in a Hausa dominated part of a market just to cause trouble and some people are saying the man did no wrong. Why then did the stupid man killed the 'innocent' dog secretly when the cops requested to see the said dog?

Who even inscribed a name of anything on a pet if not a deranged person. I'm pretty sure even a person named jack will pick offense if he sees one deranged lunatic had inscribed 'jack' on a dog. Inscribed the name of Obama on the body of your pet and parade the dog in some downtown neighborhoods of Detroit, trust me you will be lucky to come out alive.

Some things are not illegal but people kind of reframe from them just for the sake of peace and for respect to one another. Now why should I as a fulaniman inscribed the name of one Yoruba leader on a dog and parade the same dog in a Yoruba populated neighborhood. Won't the yorubas see my act as provocative and disrespectful? And that's if they haven't lynched me already.

People can say whatever nonsense they want to say regarding this stupid man, but the law will always have the final say. And if the law should be based on justice and fairness, then the deranged man will spend a lot of quality time behind bars

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by chimauga(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2016
Govt of the useless by the fools to the walking dead(Zombie)

that is APE APC lead Govt democrazy

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by MadCow1: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2016
bittertruthz:

The time and money you will spend to find trouble why not use it for something else that will benefit your life?
According to Nigeria constitution this is against the law. Lucky ones can escape such offense if the prosecutor refuse to take the case. Its already in the law.

Let us be honest, Hausa man can never ever name his dog Ojukwu or NNamdi Kanu in Nnewi, Onitsha or Abba.
Stubbornness does not pay. THE BIBLE SAY BLESSED ARE THE PEACE MAKERS FOR THEY SHALL OBTAIN PEACE.

even if they release him now, the stress and energy lost does not worth it.

You are preaching to deaf Niggas..

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by justmenoni: 9:29am On Aug 23, 2016
Yinmu,who come tell you i was sitting,standing or looking at your post..all in the name of rushing to comment or criticize na so una go dey post rubbish...guess you're jobless or perhaps a student if not you should understand that this simple error in your place of work fit cause make dem sack you...You're a perfect example of ITK.

fiizznation:
Ok thanks for the correction. I didn't even notice the error I made. Anyway I hope you can move on now

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by damon222: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Is this not madness, what breach of peace, so Nigerians shouldn't do what the feel like doing even though not illegal, because it might offend some backward and irrational people, this is giving into violence for peace, what an irony. These people would surely pay for their crimes someday starting from their god buhari. angry
Am very sure that if Jesus Christ was of this ere abi time, he may not be able to tolarate abi bear what we are experiencing and passing through today from Buhari. GEJ was a sitting president when Soyinka call him and his wife hippo and shepopo.
They will surely pay. They will pay many times. Today, apc members are happy. They should know that tempers are very high. As they continue to take joy is increasing people BP, so too their will increase in due course. Amen.
No body owns this country more than any other Nigerians not even a day old baby, yet some think they own this country alone.
All those who are passing through this pains, should quickly run to any book shop, buy a hardcover note book and jot or write down all this rubbish we are experiencing against 2019. It is beyond play.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by HirstMOG(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2016
fikfaknuel:
I don't support him writing the president's name on the body of the dog but...

If i'm correct, there was a certain George Orwell who 'constructively' criticized the Soviet and World super powers in his book 'Animal Farm' and portrayed them as animals including horses and pigs!

Sha, this man wasn't 'constructive' and based on how i'll argue for the name of democracy, he should be set free and told to 'sin' no more. Where would he get #50,000 to bail himself cos he named his dog Buhari because he thinks, the country's problem is Buhari?

Is president buhari the only person bearing that name this means that buhari is same as dog if it get someone angry. I called this injustice in the eyes of democracy bro.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by fiizznation: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2016
justmenoni:
Yinmu,who come tell you i was sitting,standing or looking at your post..all in the name of rushing to comment or criticize na so una go dey post rubbish...guess you're jobless or perhaps a student if not you should understand that this simple error in your place of work fit cause make dem sack you...You're a perfect example of ITK.

Ok you been noticed. Now move along

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by bigass123(m): 9:37am On Aug 23, 2016
You obviously don't understand the dynamics of Law... people caught up in attempted crime don't go Scot free... Attempted rape, attempted murder, attempted robbery.. Once caught must pay for it just that the punishment metted won't be as severe as it would have if the crime was actually perpetrated.
For example: You came back from work and caught a thief trying to buggle your house.. Will you let him go? Answer that question honestly.
We live in a country where religion and ethnicity are sensitive issues.. Now one id!ot woke up named his dog Buhari (that is still okay) went ahead to inscribe the name on the dog and was parading that on the streets in a Hausa community for that matter (What Better way to incite violence) but for the manner of approach of someone who felt offended and reported to the police that careless action would have resulted to loss of several lives and valuable properties vandalized and public peace breached.
The man deserves to be locked and thought in there how to behave in a civil manner in society.

TheArchangel:
He didn't breach any peace bro, LIKELY TO CAUSE BREACH OF PEACE is what he is being accused of. Nigeria is indeed a necrotizing fasciitis- a flesh eating bacteria.

He is yet to commit the damn crime. Like accusing someone of " likely to rob or fight or " This is preposterous indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by QuotaSystem: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2016
legendte:

And somebody made a statue of Trump in far away US. And an ex president named his chimpanzee after the wife of another ex president. How about the Afonja and Igbo issues on nairaland? How about calling a sitting governor an unchained mad dog? I don't want to totally agree or disagree with his actions as I have no firsthand info of what happened. But the worrisome part is the manner at which we handle a particular set of people. Ese Oruru, the Imo woman, the redeem woman etc. Nobody would have complained if same measures are adopted for all similar cases. Jonathan was stoned and there was no killing. Army chief was blocked and there was a massacre.

I don't get the point you're trying to pass across. I have no issue if he decided to name the dog after his village or father or whatever, but going to the extent of WRITING the name of his neighbors father on the dog, who coincidentally bears the name of the current President Buhari who is generally and openly hated by people from the perpetrators region, proves a clear intent to spite the man and the community which could lead to public disorder.

Walking the dog through a northern dominated section of the market is also indicative of mischief which is punishable under law in Nigeria and in other climes.

Would you carry the nake.d statue of Trump through a Trump campaign rally filled with his supporters? I pray the Police would be quick enough to rescue you.

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by HirstMOG(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2016
fiizznation:
Someone inscribed buhari's name on his pet, paraded that same pet in a Hausa dominated part of a market just to cause trouble and some people are saying the man did no wrong. Why then did the stupid man killed the 'innocent' dog secretly when the cops requested to see the said dog?

Who even inscribed a name of anything on a pet if not a deranged person. I'm pretty sure even a person named jack will pick offense if he sees one deranged lunatic had inscribed 'jack' on a dog. Inscribed the name of Obama on the body of your pet and parade the dog in some downtown neighborhoods of Detroit, trust me you will be lucky to come out alive.

Some things are not illegal but people kind of reframe from them just for the sake of peace and for respect to one another. Now why should I as a fulaniman inscribed the name of one Yoruba leader on a dog and parade the same dog in a Yoruba populated neighborhood. Won't the yorubas see my act as provocative and disrespectful? And that's if they haven't lynched me already.

People can say whatever nonsense they want to say regarding this stupid man, but the law will always have the final say. And if the law should be based on justice and fairness, then the deranged man will spend a lot of quality time behind bars

you are as clueless as your so called buhari (dog). when one cow from the north named his goat jonathan with a tag on his neck, where were the police when ur President's wife called fayose a loosed mad dog where were the police when they called south-south and southeast 5%, where was the constitution is president buhari the only person bearing that name all the same I never knew buhari means dog, thanks to the young man for telling us the real meaning.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by damon222: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2016
omogin:
Na gej I blame. For conceding power to this old tin
I think you are wrong. There is no body, I mean no body would have known that there is, as at today, any body with this characteristics like Buhari today. Who will ever believe that there is a mad man who will behave like Buhari today? No body. It is just unfortunate that we have an animal in our midst today. Let us still appreciate GEJ. GEJ is a Dr, while Buhari does not have common school certificate and many people instead voted for him. This the effect of voting for an animal.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2016
fiizznation:
Good. Next time he should name his pet any of his leaders name and nobody will have any problem with him. Stupid fool. The money he would have used in catering for his pregnant wife is now been use for 'irrelevant' case like this. You don't go about looking for trouble and expect the law to clap for you.

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by omolakaka(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2016
lets all be realistic if dis was done in the north maybe the topic would hv been Mr chineke Lynch by angry mob. he brought Dis upon himself, it is not a Muslim or Christian issue

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by jesuspikinjp(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2016
i just pity this poor guy that should have given his dog a proper name like jack, Romeo even Jonathan would have been better instead of a ridiculous name like Buhari, i see whoever answered Buhari as a failure and disappointment. Now his business and his family are going to be affected cuz of this issue and i am pretty sure he is the bread winner of the family, now that they have taken him away who is going to look after his family in this harsh economy ? this economy is too harsh for taking a family bread-winner away cuz of this insignificant issue, while those who ripped the country off cuz of their greediness are free men and women, anyways i don't expect less from the zoo

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by arantess: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2016
TheArchangel:
He didn't breach any peace bro, LIKELY TO CAUSE BREACH OF PEACE is what he is being accused of. Nigeria is indeed a necrotizing fasciitis- a flesh eating bacteria.

He is yet to commit the damn crime. Like accusing someone of " likely to rob or fight or " This is preposterous indeed.
like in that movie 'minority report'..
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 23, 2016
bigass123:
You obviously don't understand the dynamics of Law... people caught up in attempted crime don't go Scot free... Attempted rape, attempted murder, attempted robbery.. Once caught must pay for it just that the punishment metted won't be as severe as it would have if the crime was actually perpetrated.
For example: You came back from work and caught a thief trying to buggle your house.. Will you let him go? Answer that question honestly.
We live in a country where religion and ethnicity are sensitive issues.. Now one id!ot woke up named his dog Buhari (that is still okay) went ahead to inscribe the name on the dog and was parading that on the streets in a Hausa community for that matter (What Better way to incite violence) but for the manner of approach of someone who felt offended and reported to the police that careless action would have resulted to loss of several lives and valuable properties vandalized and public peace breached.
The man deserves to be locked and thought in there how to behave in a civil manner in society.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2016
caesaraba:

I don't get why a lot of these guys quoting you are trying to make you see reason. NL and it's endless stream of attendant losers feeling like they are worth a nickel. I actually blame the Hausa guys for taking the matter to the police. They shoulda just mobbed the idiot as they'd have done in the past so people like you can come online wail properly.
His bail is a paltry 50,000 Naira go and pay (or form a group to pay for him). You'd wonder why civil society groups aren't championing his case as opposed to other percieved persecution cases but of course his name is Iroko so hitertho functional brains from a certain region will take a vacation.

The guys in Zamfara did it the old school way, y'all still complaining. What do you really want? To provoke people intentionally and not expect a response? Go and read the facts of the case again and see why the first person to quote you said your post made you look stupid. Have a nice day.

Please don't reply, I'm not a contestant in your nonsense Nairaland e-battles. *unfollows thread*
supporting violence, I can see how u reason, just look at u wrote "the guys in zamfara did it the old school way" no sanctity for human life. If u can't control your temper it's ur problem, if u are provoked either u find ur way or u cause ur own provocation it's very simple and not resulting to violence no one has monopoly over it. Ur post what does it make u looking like, stupid or what.

If u don't want a reply state ur opinions without quoting me.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Paseus(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2016
Making a scapegoat outta him is gud. Democracy aint foolishness...and any1 who doesnt lyk it shld GO AND DIE. We are nt barbarians
Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by damon222: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2016
fiizznation:
Good. Next time he should name his pet any of his leaders name and nobody will have any problem with him. Stupid fool. The money he would have used in catering for his pregnant wife is now been use for 'irrelevant' case like this. You don't go about looking for trouble and expect the law to clap for you.
You foolish little brat and others will pay for this in due course. When Soyinka call GEJ and his wife hipopo and shepopo. Everybody just laughed over it. But today, Buhari feels he is the acredited almighty and that he alone own Nigeria. You all will pay for this.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by fiizznation: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2016
Ezechinwa:

lets assume your name is Alex,
I named my dog Alex
and two years from now you become president
so you will arrest me cause I named my dog Alex?

my friend, please put yourself in people shoes,
some dogs are named Chelsea, does it mean Chelseafc will arrest that person?

Obama has been insulted several times and Jonathan too, yet does it mean you should arrest them?

We all have freedom of speech and freedom to debate over our own opinions, You can't take that from anyone cause we are not in the slavery era,

you can be a Muslim or even Christian, it doesn't mean I have the right or power to impose whatever religion you choose not to belong to.

As a leader, not everyone will approve your deeds, same with all of us on earth, not everybody will like you or hate you.

In England, the whites call us monkeys and also Insult Nigeria , although I feel bad whenever they do that but I have no choice but to ignore them and move on with my life. It doesn't mean I have the right to fight with my fist or kill cause I was insulted.

The best solution most time is to Ignore them, If I called you a "Fool" and you know deeply your not a "Fool' you simply ignore it and move on, rather than proving my claims are right
You don't just get it, do you? Naming his dog buhari is not even the issue here because everybody can bear buhari, but inscribing 'buhari's name on the dog and parading the said dog in a Hausa dominated part of the market is the main issue here. Have you in your entire life seen were names of popular personalities are inscribed on a pet, paraded on a supposedly hostile community? Have you? Let's be realistic my friend, we all know this man's motive unless we don't want to tell ourselves the truth.

For example, I had a minor alteration with you, I then when straight to the market, bought a dog and inscribed your father's name on the dog, paraded that same dog in front of your father's house. Are you telling me you are not going to pick any offense from what I did?

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2016
fiizznation:

Will you have said the same thing if this was Done to Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by bonechamberlain(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2016
cole265:

Igbos should be allowed to have their own country. They no longer can reason well.
then what is the shout for unity, why insisting they must stay. People who reason well are not violent, irrational, murderous and always get provoked easily always. it would be marvellous if Igbos are left to go so that you can live with such people. Since they are the ones u describe as reasonable.

1 Like

Re: Joachim Iroko Remanded In Prison For Naming His Dog Buhari by Ugosample(m): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2016
Tamakay:
I support Mr. President for this one. For crying out loud, he's the President and u voted him in and he is not GEJ where u can insult from left right and centre. Use him as an example

Wasmt GEJ president too?
What makes it okay to insult GEJ and not PMB?
Double standards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Motorist’s Dog Tries To Attack A Policeman On Duty In Ogoni, Rivers State / Nigerian Man Celebrates His Dog's Birthday In A Special Way (Photos) / 5-Year-Old Girl Attacked By 3 Dogs Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.