Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (351134 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:44am On Sep 21, 2016
* Continues*

Dedicated to Maggilove, bossy512, Twinkle004,mofy1

Tomi

The letter slowly slipped out of my hands, my face was drenched with tears and i wish i could see Dantata right then to give him a tight hug. He had been through so much in his young life but he doesn't wear it on his sleeve. If he could go through all that and still maintain a smile on his face then it was time i stop seeing myself as a victim. The world owe me nothing and it was time i stand by my resolution. I wondered if it was too late for me, i wondered if Kelvin and i still had a chance, i grabbed my purse and ran out of the house. My mother was right, she had tried to speak some senses into me. Her words kept ringing in my mind.

" Tomi i know that you are lazy and you like to take your time when doing things but you can't go about a relationship in such manner." She had said, " You don't run at the first sight of trouble , it's not a garden or bed of roses there's bound to be obstacles and challenges but in the end all that will bing you both closer and it will make your love for each other wax stronger"

" Mom you don't even know half of it or how complicated it is" i replied.

" Do you love him and has he been good to you?"

" well......"

" Yes or no?"

" Yes mom."

" Then what are you still waiting for? we African women we fight for what belongs to us and we don't mind getting some dirt on us to keep what is ours".

I snapped out of my riverie. If Linda can fight dirty to get what she wants then i will too and by God i am not going to back down without a fight this time around.

" Please can you go faster?" i asked the cab driver.

" OK ma." He answered.
I jumped out of the cab and raced for the gate. I pounded on the gate and it was opened by the gate man. I ignored his greetings and raced to the house, i ran into someone and stumbled backwards. He reached to steady me and instantly let go of my hand, his eyes widened in shock or fear.

" To.....Tomi" he stuttered moving backwards.

" Tosin, i mean Mr.Williams " i said." I am here to see Kelvin"

" God! Am i going mad?" He exclaimed. " What are you doing here? how.....how could this be?" He kept moving backwards." I am definitely hallucinating "

" I don't understand what you are saying. But i suppose you angry with me because i stopped coming to work without formally resigning. I apologize, i planned on bringing the letter this week"

" You.....you are not dead?"

" Dead?" I repeated. " Why would you think so?"

" There..... there was an accident. The....the bus caught fire."

" Accident? Fire? When?"

" My God! I .....I saw your.....your.....corpse with my own eyes"

" God forbid " I shouted." Tosin are you......are you alright?"

" You are.....you are not dead? then what the hell happened?"

" Where is Kelvin?" i asked." Maybe you should explain what you are going on about to me"

" You ran out of here on that day, Kelvin and i followed you and we saw you got into a bus" he said, expelling out air. " we followed the bus and the bus hit a lamp post and went up in flames"

" Oh my God!" I exclaimed, covering my mouth with my hands." Yes i was in the bus but we were stuck in traffic and i got a call from my mom so i got down from the bus and took a bike instead. You thought that i was dead?"
He moved closer and drew me into his arms fiercely.

" Oh Tomi.....I am so relieved that you weren't in the bus." He abruptly pulled back." We came to your house and we were told that you were being buried in Ibadan by two little boys".

" Awww that was my aunt! i was named after her. No wonder Kelvin didn't try to reach me." I moaned." Where is he?"

" Tomi a lot has happened in the last three weeks."

" Is....is he alright?"

" He almost went crazy and...." He trailed off.

I made to run into the house but he held me back.

" Please tell me he's fine!"

" He's fine but he's not here" he assured me.

" Why didn't anyone contact me?"

" Tomi we thought you were dead! that would be the last thing on our minds but i tried your number for days to no avail."

" Where is he? where?"

" On his way to the church"

That was when i took in what Tosin was putting on. He was dressed in a navy blue suit and he was groomed like he was going for his wedding.

" Why?" i cried out." What is going on?"

" Come. Come with me, it is not too late after all". he said.

TBC

28 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Omobolajisword(f): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2016
Nice update waiting for more update
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by dominique(f): 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2016
Na wa o. Every update brings a different twist and make the story more addictive. Thumbs up Bibi.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by biddieluvzyaho(f): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
Go girl.... Go scatter that wedding.don't think she deserve that happiness#
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fox14(f): 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
bibijay123:
Chapter thirteen

Dedicated to bakeuhappy, fox14, Treasuredkids, Memunah

Tosin

Although i won the battle with Sola but the war was far from being over. Our father willed his properties and company to him. Overnight, my elder brother became a celebrity, who threw elaborate parties every weekend, he changed cars like wears and he was jetting all round the world. One fateful day, i ran into him and my ex_girlfriend at the mall. They were both surrounded by hefty guys in black outfit. I acted like i didn't see them while i continued perusing the watches on display, from the corner of my eyes i caught her whispering something to him.

Someone tapped me on my shoulder and i whirled around. One of the tall muscled guy with mean eyes was standing before me.

" You are advised to leave here at once while you still have your legs" he said in a deep gruff voice. " Your presence is irritating boss"

I dropped the wrist watch i was admiring and left. I drove off to Adediwura and sons Construction company with an idea taking root in my heart.

" I need your help" i said without preamble, on getting into his office.

" At Your service" Kelvin said.

" I want to loan five million naira"

" Sure" he replied, bringing out his check book.

" What is your interest rate?" i asked him.

" Seriously?" He exclaimed. " Name your first son after me" he joked.
I spent the next few months doing my ground work and getting to know those who matters in the society. I attended every gala and fund raiser, i made friends with people who loathed my father and i shined a lot of ego to get them to invest in my business. With the help of these people i kick started my luxury company. Within the next three months i paid off the loan i took from Kelvin. The right contacts and my determination got me to where i have found myself today but despite all these there was still a big void in my life and a gaping hole in my heart.

Three years after establishing my own business, i made sure i went after my father' s clients and i was able to convince them to join my team. I heard the hushed talks during social gatherings that my father was bankrupt. The rumour in Town was that Sola had sold off most of his properties and he had also mismanaged the company. To salvage his dying business, he had cut off Sola and put the family house on sale. Initially, i thought they were just rumours but i investigated and was shocked that our family house was truly up for sale. That house meant a lot to me and i devised a means to get it. Jane.

She was the neglected wife of an ambassador, she has been giving me the green light but i didn't even spare her a glance. I needed someone to make the purchase of the house on my behalf and she was the right person for the job. During a cocktail dinner, she started flirting with me as usual and i went along with the flow. Few minutes later, she gave her excuses and left. I waited some few minutes before handing in my own excuses. I followed her car, instead of driving to her own house she had driven to a hotel and checked in. I drove into that same hotel and checked in too. She strolled down to the reception as i was given the key to my room. We both acted like we didn't know each other, she followed me and as i was about closing the door, she rapped lightly on it and slipped in. I slipped my hands around her waist taking her to the bed.

" I want you to do something for me" i said, knowing she would do anything i asked her in the moment of heat and passion.

" Anything.....you name it " she moaned.

" I want you to help me buy a house on sale"

" That is quiet easy" she smiled. " Your father' s house?" She guessed.

" I trust you will go about it with outmost discreet " i said, nippling on her ear lobes.

" Trust me" she replied in a sensual voice.

True to her words she bought the house and when my father got to know that i moved in with my mother his animosity towards me intensified. He barged in on our second day in the house, he looked older and thin.

" I want my house back!" He shouted. " That Eve deceived me! She said she was buying it on behalf of her friend oversea!"

" What are you talking about? i advise that you leave before i unleash my dogs on you "

" Tosin! " my mom cautioned. " No matter what happen he still your father! "

" Mom please stay out of it! Someone barged into my home, he trespassed on my property and he also threatened me! what do you expect me to do?" I asked " You better advice him to leave before i get back". I said, starting towards the staircase.

" You will regret this! I will make you pay for this humiliation! " he threatened, before rushing out of the house.

TBC

Omg!! shocked. I got a DEDICATION. Thank you Bibijay123, I am thrilled! cheesy kiss
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by PWEETYWIZZY(f): 12:58pm On Sep 21, 2016
Wow, dis story is da bomb. Can't imagn kelvin walkn down d isle wit Linda. No way. Miss bibi, kindly gv mi a mention. Thks. More inspiration dear
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by room089: 1:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
Bibi how could they have taught that Tomi was dead just because the vehicle they presumed she was in got burnt. Does it mean she never took permission from Tosin her boss before embarking on the journey to ibadan for her aunty's funeral?

Keep up the good work; you are so good!

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Phew! Finally caught up. Nice one Bibijay

I think the wedding is for Maggie and Joseph, i cant wait to see Linda's big revelation on the d-day. Well done Bibi more ink to your pen kiss

3 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by vandops10(m): 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
more grease cool
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fidelismaria: 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2016
sho

wat is going on?
wedding?
who z getting married?
I tot kelvin dad cancelled d wedding?

hmmmm

dis twist is getting too much oooo
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Aitee1: 2:06pm On Sep 21, 2016
dominique:

This is not the religion section biko. Let her narrate the story the best way she deems fit.

Gbam!!!

I don't know why some people like displaying some holier than thou attitude angry

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by DoctorFlash(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
#shy# pls darling can u mention me in ur next update hmm?plss.
More lucozade boost 2 ur immune system, more grease 2 ur elbow, more ink 2 ur pen, more light 2 ur pc/phone,more petrol 2 ur gengenrator.
i cut cap 4 ya #pls kip kipin me updated#Luv Ya.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2016
room089:
Bibi how could they have taught that Tomi was dead just because the vehicle they presumed she was in got burnt. Does it mean she never took permission from Tosin her boss before embarking on the journey to ibadan for her aunty's funeral?

lol see who's back! sure missed u! I don't think i shld answer ur QST now.....let's keep viewing.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2016
Fidelismaria:
sho

wat is going on?
wedding?
who z getting married?
I tot kelvin dad cancelled d wedding?

hmmmm

dis twist is getting too much oooo

of course he did but we haven't heard from dem nau only from Tomi.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fidelismaria: 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2016
bibijay123:

of course he did but we haven't heard from dem nau only from Tomi.

oh
okay

let's hear from dem den
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by purity22(f): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
I hope Kelvin is not going that church to get married to that Linda oh angry angry angry cool
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Matrycx(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
shoutout to bibi, u ar d real oliver twist, u cn twist even d neck of an elephant, weldone sis, more update pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 21, 2016
Just to ease my mind, I'll assume that Tosin is the Best Man and not Dantata. Probably came by Kelvin's house on an erand. So...the wedding can't start in his absence.

m'Lady you are too much!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bakeuhappy: 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hi Bibijay!
Thank u so much for the mention. As always this is so good.i really appreciate. Thanks a zillion times over.more ink to your pen.
Lots of hugs
Sylvia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by dominique(f): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2016
room089:

Her walking away from Kelvin means staying away from Tosin also as they're best friends and it was Kelvin that hooked her up with the job in Tosin's firm (though unknown to her at the time).
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Taduma1(f): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
kudos to you ma'am, u're a rare writer ...

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Taduma1(f): 3:11pm On Sep 21, 2016
kudos to you ma'am, u're a rare writer...

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
dominique:

Her walking away from Kelvin means staying away from Tosin also as they're best friends and it was Kelvin that hooked her up with the job in Tosin's firm (though unknown to her at the time).
g

Thank you sis kiss you are really following.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 3:22pm On Sep 21, 2016
Taduma1:
kudos to you ma'am, u're a rare writer...

Thank u ma kiss
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 3:24pm On Sep 21, 2016
Matrycx:
shoutout to bibi, u ar d real oliver twist, u cn twist even d neck of an elephant, weldone sis, more update pls

Chai cheesy
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by treasuredkids(f): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2016
Awwww!!! Bibi thanks so much for the dedication. I'm honoured. More wisdom and knowledge to ur brain dear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Taduma1(f): 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thank u ma kiss
u're welcome ma.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Queenoma(f): 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
I m short of words to qualify bibi's writing prowess, i cant wait for the nxt update...... Bibi pls hurry, i m too young 4 hbp
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
treasuredkids:
Awwww!!! Bibi thanks so much for the dedication. I'm honoured. More wisdom and knowledge to ur brain dear.

.you are welcome kiss
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by yorhmienerd(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2016
Getting more interesting
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Jumizie13(f): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Bibiiiiiiiiiiii ooooooooooo.

Where is you ooooooooo
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by dominique(f): 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
bibijay123:
g

Thank you sis kiss you are really following.

Anytime dear. Hope we'll get an update later on today o wink

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.