Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Twine (A Drama Series) - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Twine (A Drama Series) (351538 Views)

A Date With FATE (A Comic Drama Series On Love And Destiny) / Riot In Ubahu(A Story Of Love,discipline,adventure And Drama / Life The Way I See It ( Family Drama Series) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
toboski1:

remember am Tosin ooo, we Tosin do great exploits don't make that character dull *winks*

As if I don't know wink
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
tmcrz:

Seems you let the cat outta da bag a tad too early... Datz not been revealed in the story yet (or I missed it? I doubt.)

Meanwhile, i like the story so far. Will chk out the "Allen Av" story next.

Lool i will make up for it grin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 31, 2016
Dear Lord! I hope she wasn't raped! shocked
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by toboski1(m): 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

As if I don't know wink
just refreshing ur memory swthrt
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Queenoma(f): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ur choice of words and use of flashback is awesome kiss

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Fidelismaria: 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
Interesting Pls Can U Mention Me Wenever U Drop An Update
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
Fidelismaria:
Interesting Pls Can U Mention Me Wenever U Drop An Update

Alright boss
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by veekid(m): 6:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

What are you doing here papa Ngo? were you not forming single in the other thread?

angry u Berra go back to where you are coming from tongue

Uhn uhn mummy Ngo; person no fit follow you play again?

2 Likes

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by olatex25(m): 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
Weldone sis.. Weldone
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by sotozo(m): 9:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Great job.

World Class Literature.

One thing I note is that; not everyone would get the link between each episodes well. Remember some people are good with numbers and not words.

God bless your handiwork.

You gat a new follower. Will check up your other stories. You can actually help to send the links and that of foxyflow too.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
*Continues*

Tomi

I don’t know how I manage to withstand Linda for almost 12 hours. She had even asked me to step out as the meeting was about to kick off. I had a feeling she was up to no good but as usual I shrugged it off. That evening I decided to go see my parents, after freshening up I took a bus to Ojota where my father built his house, my childhood home. I remembered my childhood days as I alighted at Olusosun Bus-stop, those days mom buys China made nylon gown from China Town and Aba made shoes for me, which was my Christmas day outfit. The sole of one of the shoes is usually higher than the second pair of it; the annoying part is both soles will remove after i have trekked from Ojota to Sweet sensation at Allen to buy meat pie and ice cream.

One Christmas day i took a short cut through Olusosun, where the boy I was crushing on lived. He was cute and had a brown skin, it was like he escaped from the grips of albino but he came out with the scars. Anyway I liked him, brown skin, red hair and all. I was all decked out in my red and purple readymade gown and I was rocking my Aba made shoes. My jerry curls was also on point, that very morning I had covered my head with the toilet sponge after smearing globs of gel on my fried hair. The relaxer I used on my hair made it look like the hair of a chick which fell into water. I had to use the toilet sponge because I didn’t know where the one I used I for bathing was. So I took a little mirror and picked my hair out of the tiny holes in the sponge with a needle. I was doing it all for Nathan.

I saw Nathan and his group of smelling boxers friends at the far end of the street, they had bangers in their hands which they lit and threw at young girls passing by. They were having a good laugh out of it. I heard them arguing as I got closer to them.

“I get six sounds, na five sound you give me!” one big headed akpu eating boy said.

“Your father Yansh! What of the seven sounds I give you?”

My crush was dressed in a faded baggy jean with that two phase fifty cent singlet. The net singlet with two colors. Red and Navy blue. Nathan had worn the red phase all through November and he switched to wearing the Navy blue phase in December. He was busy dancing to Yahooze while his friends argued about the missing seven sounds knock out.

I brought out my two shades red and pink rubber eye glasses mom had bought for me, I wore it to compliment my dressing. My palm was sweaty, I was so nervous and the boys had gone quiet. They were giggling while covering their mouth with both hands. Nathan was laughing too. I looked behind me; there was no one behind me, were they laughing at me?

“Ayamataga Your shoe don remove” one of the boys called out.

Lo and behold! Both soles of my shoes were behind me on the ground. I almost died in shame; I picked up both soles and ran down through the valley which leads to my house. My mother was making Moi Moi in the kitchen when I entered the house.

“Tomi! See how dirty you are! Did you roll around on the ground?”

It was then that I noticed the ice cream stains on the gown but it was late for me to care. I flung the useless shoes into the dustbin.

“Don’t buy me these shoes anymore! Why do you keep buying shoes that I wear only once?”

“The sole of these one too removed? Nawa oo……awon Omo Nna are just ripping us off ni o”

“How do you expect them to last when they are just 400 hundred naira?”

“Who told you they are 400 hundred naira? I bought those shoes for N450 naira o! Oya go and remove it from the dustbin, I will gum it for you and you will use it to do New Year”

I walked into my room and banged the door shut. I fumed in my room until I was called for dinner and a crazy thing happened right after dinner.
“I am going to my room Tomi, please go and cover the pot of Moi Moi well, if not rat will eat it.” Mom said before heading to her room.
After watching the re-run of Lorenzo’s wife and sunset set beach I decided to call it a night, thank the good lord I remembered mummy’s words so I went into the kitchen.

I saw a big rat with scalded back trying to get into the moi moi pot, I stood back and watched it get into the pot before I hurriedly got a cover and covered the pot. I was still angry at what happened earlier so I felt I should pour out my anger on the rat. I got another big pot and placed it on the pot cover. The rat was struggling to escape so I got yet another pot which I placed on it .I stood back and watched the pot with satisfaction. Serves him right! The heat from the pot should kill him by morning and I went off to bed.

My mom’s shrieks woke me up the next morning. I jumped happily out of bed thinking the rat was dead if not why was mommy shouting? I also screamed in shock when I saw what the foolish rat had done! It ate all the Moi Moi and escaped. Ha! I don’t know what I was thinking! Who would believe anyone would still be that silly at fourteen?!

Tbc

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
olatex25:
Weldone sis.. Weldone

Thank you bro.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
sotozo:
Great job.

World Class Literature.

One thing I note is that; not everyone would get the link between each episodes well. Remember some people are good with numbers and not words.

God bless your handiwork.

You gat a new follower. Will check up your other stories. You can actually help to send the links and that of foxyflow too.

Thanks

Thank you, now that i am designating each scene to a character i think they should be able to get it.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 9:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
colik:
Been hearing lotsa good things about her works....I've got to read this one. smiley

BTW,when you're mine and gardener's daughter?! Awesome series. grin

Thank you. Some ibo boys even printed out the When you are mine story and they sold it in episodes. I bought the complete season, when i played it, it was only the sound tracks that was on it grin

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank you. Some ibo boys even printed out the When you are mine story and they sold it in episodes. I bought the complete season, when i played it, it was only the sound tracks that was on it grin

Lol.
I followed the series while it was been aired on tv.
I was really small then but I can never forget because my mum was obsessed with it.
You just wasted money sha. grin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Elize1(f): 10:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nice piece dear, waiting 4 more.
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by MeemahBoo(f): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
Bibijay 123 i stumbled on this story and i had to go back to read Allen Avenue. And i want to say a special thank you because you made my day. MrsExplorer i hail o, Alone was tha bomb.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by MrsExplorer(f): 11:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
MeemahBoo:
Bibijay 123 i stumbled on this story and i had to go back to read Allen Avenue. And i want to say a special thank you because you made my day. MrsExplorer i hail o, Alone was tha bomb.

ALONE?

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by MeemahBoo(f): 11:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
Yes ma
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by HashtagMoniker(m): 11:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
bibijay123:
* Continues*

Maggie

I played the scene over and over in my head. Victoria had looked so radiant that morning, i remembered the warm smile she had given me before walking out of the house. I wished i had stopped her, i wished i had forseen it but i know if wishes were horses beggers would own a polo club already.

I felt like a failure. Jennifer had trusted me with her girls and i have failed in my duties. She was so kind to me when she was alive, she took me in from the street and gave my life a meaning.

I was found in a polythene bag by the roadside on a fateful drizzling August morning. I was told, some kind souls had taken me to an orphanage nearby which was where i grew up. Life in the Orphanage was bitter sweet for me. i dreaded the dawn of each new day, i hated the nights most because that was when the repulsive caressing hands seek out my young body in the darkness.

Mother Superior Annabel had taken to me since I was brought to the orphanage. She looked out for me, she personally made new dresses for me to the envy of the other girls and she taught me my letters and alphabets. I felt loved in those days, i had someone to talk to, i had a surrogate mother to look out for me but that bliss was short lived.

I don't remember precisely when it all started but one particular night stood out in my mind and it would hunt me forever.

" Maggie dear "

I was in my favorite part of the Orphanage which was the little garden at the back. I got up happily as my surrogate mother approached me. I thought she wanted to give me an early gift since it was the eve of my 14th birthday .

" Mother" i called, so very happy to see her.

She pressed me into her bosom and held my head close to her chest. Her hand drifted to my lower back as she fondly caressed me lightly. She truly loved me and she always said she would want a daughter just like me if she wasn't a nun.

" How are you my child?" She kissed my cheeks.

" I am fine mother"

" Good. I have something special for you but i don't want the others to see it. When it is light out, i want you to sneak into my quarters and i will give it to you. "

I lept up with joy. " What is it mother! tell me! please tell me"

" Shhh, you don't want the others to hear, do you?"

" No mother"

I was so impatient and almost keeling over with curiosity. Immediately after light went off, i threw back the covers and stole out of the room i shared with six other kids. I knocked softly on mother's door and she threw it open but i was rooted to the ground in shock because the person before me looked nothing like the sweet mother i knew.

She was in a scarlet nylon panty hose, her lips were painted bright red and she had on heels which made her look like a lead cast from those late night movies we sometimes snuck out of bed to watch.

" Come in and lock the door" she commanded in a deep sultry voice.

" Mo..mother" i stammered in fear.

" It is me dear" She said in her nun voice." We are trying something special tonight, that is why i am dressed this way".

" OK mother" my voice trembled slightly as i settled on the long sette in her small living room.

She handed me a plate of cookie which i devoured raveneously.

" Do you want more?"

" No mother. Thank you"

She sat down next to me caressing my thighs lightly. I felt uncomfortable and scooted back.

" I love you Maggie. I have always loved you right from the first day i set my eyes on you"

" I love you too mother" i replied naively.

" Come girl" she pressed her lips softly on mine.

I jerked back in repulse.

" Mother?"

" Get on your knees" She commanded taking the tone of the vixen once again.

I stood up in fright. " I want to go now"

" No you won't! get down on your knees!" She jerked me by my hair and i resisted, trying desperately to pry off her firm grip on my hair.That seemed to annoy her as she landed a hot slap on my face which sent me sprawling across the room.

" Stu.pid ungrateful child!" She panted." After all i have done for you! "

I whimpered as tears blinded my eyes. She placed her hand on me gently, with the touch of the woman i knew as Mother.

" Please help me Maggie..... Please.....i have waited so long for this day. I just want to have a little fun with you and i will even reward you."

" What do you want me to do?"

" A little fun is all i ask for......." She licked and kissed my earlobe, her hand stole into my threadbare night dress and i scooted away from her touch.

" Mother please......i don't want this......this fun " i begged.

" Will you at least allow me to suck on your little b.reasts?"

She wasn't sane. I could see the madness blazing in her eyes. Some unseen forces had taken over the body of my mother. I made for the door but she suspected that move and blocked my path.

" If you step out of this room Maggie, i will look for another young special girl to replace you and i will make you rue the day you were born"

" Mother please i beg you........ Please let me go" I cried.

A shrill piercing sound resonated in the room and i was jolted back to the present. The voice sounded like that of our gateman. The others got to their feet too and we all ran outside. The cause of the rauckus got my knees weak , i felt my knees giving up on me and Joseph reached for me before i could kiss the ground.

Victoria stood outside the gate, her cloth were dirty and there were smudges of dirt on her tear stained face. She lurched herself into my arms sobbing.

" I told you all nothing happened to her" Suresh hissed.

Her father took her into his arms. The others hovered over her uncertain of what to do but we were all obviously happy she was safe.

" Where were you?" Linda screamed at her.

" Please don't trouble her" The young man that came with Kelvin said.

Tosin. His name was Tosin, there was a scandal in his family five years ago.

We led Vicky into the house. I was happy my baby was back home in my arms. Thank the good lord for that.

" You owe us some explanation you slut!" Linda spat out.

" How could you say that about your sister?" Kelvin asked." I am not surprised tho"

I took Vicky upstairs and helped her into the bath. She was visibly shaken and in shock. Joseph knocked softly on the door and i left her in the bath to see him.

" Maggie how is she?"

" She is shaken but she will be fine"

'' I was so worried and scared we will never find her".

I touched his cheek gently." Joe Nwosu, she is home now and she is safe. Have you called the doctor? "

"Doctor? Mba. I will go give him a call now"

I leaned over and kissed him softly on the lips.

" She will be fine."

" Maggie when do we tell her? "

" Obviously not now. We will eventually tell them but it might change things for us"

" I want us all to be happy as one big family."

" I know my love. Please go give the doctor a call and keep Linda from our backs"

He sighed." Why is she so heartless and bitter? She used to be a sweet little angel but she turned sour immediately her mother died. "

" Our paths has been laid down for us before we were even born. Linda is just........Linda. We can only continue to love her and pray for her....umn?"

He sighed again. " Let me go give that doctor a call now "

I returned into the room. Victoria was already on the bed, she looked so small and frightened. The look on her face broke my heart into a million pieces.

TBC

Got confused here
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by olatex25(m): 11:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Lol... A fool at fourty fourteen i mean, is a fool for champion, nope i mean foreva...

Tnx 4 d update sis, kip it cumin
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Jay542(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2016
Bibijay123 a very wonder story. Happy new month. But Tomi dirty oo. cheesy grin

Following.

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Queenoma(f): 9:16am On Sep 01, 2016
Tomi is really a silly girl cheesy

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2016
Happy new month bibi, keep it up kiss
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by toboski1(m): 11:28am On Sep 01, 2016
Queenoma:
Tomi is really a silly girl cheesy
what makes her silly? she can't cheat nature na

1 Like

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 11:56am On Sep 01, 2016
* Continues*

Tomi

" Tomi look at you!" Mom exclaimed. " You are so thin!"

" I look alright mom"

" No you look starved. Kilode?"

I looked around the room. The paint was peeling off, the furniture was so old, the foams in it has long since been replaced with carton papers. Mom had even made a makeshift cover for it. The old TV set was on but the images on the screen were dancing in a zig zag pattern. I hit my palm twice on the top of it to reset it.

" Mom please talk to daddy nau! it is embrassing to still have these garbages in one' s home! "

" No, no, you can't call the TV my late brother gave to me garbage! that is outright disrespect to the dead! " he removed his glasses and sat down on the hollow sofa." When did you get here?"

" Good afternoon dad, i got here some minutes ago"

" Daddy Tomi we should change this furniture nau, it is not like we can't afford a new one." Mom said.

" Woman don't let these children of now adays fool you. You see these things here have sentimental values for me......i can still remember when my father died in 1950."

I groaned inwardly. Dad was about to delve into his famous family history. Mom and i traded looks. How my grandfather fought in the second world war, how he single handedly defeat a lion! most of the stories were lies but who dares to argue with my father?

" Dad they are so old!"

" My dad willed these furniture to me.......my father was a galant soldier......Omo Ekun himself" dad laughed.'' He was a retired soldier at the time he willed these furniture to me"

" Dad he gave them to you! he never willed anything to you because he died interstate. We have to change them!"

" Whether he willed it to me or gave them to me when he was alive the koko is of all his children i was the only one he honored and that was in 1950 few months before he passed away."

" If our daughter brings home a suitor today where will they sit? i can't even invite my friends home because of the way our home is'' Mom complained before going to the kitchen.

" You see your mother? ehen..women! they are so erratic! the eracticity of women can be likened to our Nigerian government. They are just too unstable and incomprehensible"

You just can't win an argument with my dad. My mother and i had pleaded with him several times to allow us paint the rooms and changed the furniture but he refused. It was like he was afraid to let go of the past or maybe he was afraid to let go of his dear late family members. Old decaying and dusty newspapers from the past, before Nigeria got her independence was on an equally shaky three legged table at a corner of the living room. My father still keeps the old headmaster mustache and afro. He was never seen without his trouser suspenders and grey faded headmaster face cape. I used to be ashamed whenever he comes for my PTA meeting. My class mates would laugh openly and jeered at me. Dad doesn't see anything wrong with the way he dresses. As i grew older i learned to appreciate his kindness and vast knowledge of the world. It doesn't matter if my dad looked like a papa Ajasco replacement. He will always be my father.

" When are we meeting him?"

Dad asked suddenly.

" Who?"

" My dear dont feign ignorance and by the way i hope you are still a vargin!"

I blushed to the roots of my hair. I wish i wasn't an only child so my parents will have someone else to pester. Ofcourse i was still a virgin, i was pure both in my heart and thoughts.

" You should see the big wedding held at church last week! you know Tolulope ? that small girl that i use to send on errands?" Mom asked coming into the room with a tray of steaming hot amala and gbegiri soup. " Omo rada rada yen ti sha ju e loko" ( that useless girl has gotten a husband before you.) "

" Woman you should be happy for others so they too can celebrate with you when it is your turn!" Dad spat out.

" i know her" i managed to say.

" That girl has slept with the whole of Ojota but if you see her wedding ehen! fear will catch you " Mom said with envy.

I went to get my food from the kitchen while they continued planning my yet to be wedding, throwing playful barbs at each other. I hugged both of them when i was done eating and went back to my apartment. I had tried my best to transform my apartment, my sofa was neat, i had few clean clothes in my wardrobe and few clean bedsheets as well. my novels were back on my bed instead of the bathroom where they were before. I lowered the volume of my plasma TV. Someone was at the door.

" Baby" he said and staggered in as soon as i opened the door.

" What are you doing here?" i demanded angrily.

" How could you......" He belched loudly.

He reeked of alcohol and he looked older, his beards were days old and his shirt looked so rumpled you will think he pulled them out of his a$$.

" Rich, you are drunk! Please leave at once!"

" Tomi i love you.......but you f*ucked me up! Why?"

" Rich please go"

He pulled my hand and we both collapsed to the ground, he ended up on me. I struggled to push him off me . he tried to kiss me, I removed my face and the slobbery wet kiss landed on my cheek .

" How dare you! See! See what you have done to me!" He slurred out the words.

His hands forced apart my legs brutally. I closed my eyes and sank my teeth into the fleshy nook of his neck. He yelped in pain but he still didn't let go of me. He ripped my top, latched his tongue onto my n.ipple. he bit hard on it and raw pain blinded me. I continued struggling with him but i was getting tired.

TBC

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 12:00pm On Sep 01, 2016
HashtagMoniker:

Got confused here

Maggie was remembering her past while they were all in the living room worried abt victoria. But she was jolted back to the present wen the gate man shouted. That scene was a glimpse into her past and it also shows she was having an affair with Mr Joseph. Hope its clear now cheesy
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 12:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
toboski1:

U got it bro cheesy
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 12:07pm On Sep 01, 2016
veekid:

Uhn uhn mummy Ngo; person no fit follow you play again?

angry
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by bibijay123(f): 12:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
mhiz:
Happy new month bibi, keep it up kiss

Happy new month sis. Happy new month Anugod and johnwizey kiss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by milky3(f): 12:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
more inspirations to your reasoning@Bibijay123 ... I read story of a call worker it was interesting I learnt a lots
Re: Twine (A Drama Series) by Queenoma(f): 1:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
toboski1:

What makes her think the rat won't eat the moi moi

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (69) (Reply)

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne / Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.