Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,527 members, 7,812,643 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (909612 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by t405: 9:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
Good evening house,

My masters program is a 2year program and i have funds that can cover the tuition,room and board and 'others' cost for these two years. I am preparing a table detailing the total amount of funds in my statement of account submitted and the total cost of studies for 2 years.After i do this it would be visible to see that i ve enof to cover this expenses and some change left

Now i am aware that CIC requires to see proof of funds for the first year only in a 2 year program provided their is a way to also proof that their is a projected income stream that can cover the cost of the second studies year but as i do not have an income stream or a sponsor i decided to show the total cost of two years since i ve sufficient funds to cover it.

now while filling the 1MM form i am at a dilemna as to what figures to put in there be it for 1 years cost of studies or 2.The reason i think i shud present my cost of studies for 2years n not 1 year is that i want them to see upfront that theres enof funds for the 2yrs so they dont refuse me based on sighting cost/funds only for the 1yr with no projections on how the 2nd year's cost would be covered.

opinions needed pls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
With 2.2, it's never impossible for you to get straight masters admission the point is just that some schools are highly competitive that number of applicants usually exceed the number of their intakes. In such schools, a 2.2 graduate may have slim chance of admission.
I will advise you should not apply to the top-notch schools like waterloo, McGill, Alberta,Toronto....as their admission requirements are very high and highly competitive (good grades of like 4.7-8/5.0 with some other factors like working experience, awards of excellence,...been considered for admission decision)
Note- you're competing with applicants from various parts of the world, so they always set their standard very high.
The second option is, some schools in Canada do offer a year pre-masters program which is non-certificate program before masters program, Carleton university offers that. But you will have to send an E-mail to their admission department first to know much about it and the type of form you have to fill for that.
The truth is that, masters admission with 2.2 grade is not impossible cos a lot of people on this thread has actually gotten it.
Please this is just my humble opinion base on my knowledge so far.
rshinela:
thanks so much for responding i was thinking of doing nursing since i plan staying back after school, so am looking for a course that is lucrative and in high demand there, i graduated with a 2.2 i.e second class lower so dont know if i can do straight master if is possible will prefare that. so what do you think which schools should i look into?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
CannyZionist:
My Nairaland brothers and sisters, I collected my passport today with letter of correspondence......

@Mikymiko, Folaroyal, Emma4ever, Osemigho, xyoung and other numerous members, God will soon grant y'all TRVs..Amen

@MichV, God bless your hustle on the other side.

Congrats!

Amen! Am honoured.

Go and rep Nigeria well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
t405:
Good evening house,

My masters program is a 2year program and i have funds that can cover the tuition,room and board and 'others' cost for these two years.

Now i am aware that CIC requires to see proof of funds for the first year only in a 2 year program provided their is a way to also proof that their is a projected income stream that can cover the cost of the second studies year but as i do not have an income stream or a sponsor i decided to show the total cost of two years since i ve sufficient funds to cover it.

now while filling the 1MM form i am in dilemma as to what figures to put in there be it for 1 year cost of studies or 2 years.The reason i think i shud present my cost of studies for 2years n not 1 year is that i want them to see upfront that theres enof funds for the 2yrs so they dont refuse me based on sighting cost/funds only for the 1yr with no projections on how the 2nd year's cost would be covered.

opinions needed pls.
Go by the requirement of CIC, at least 1year. Information on that study permit form matters a lot. Hence any other clarification should be done in writing as LOE

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by t405: 9:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
THANKS A LOT

michV:
Go by the requirement of CIC, at least 1year. Information on that study permit form matters a lot. Hence any other clarification should be done in writing as LOE

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
penitential:
No sh*t bro,I get your point.

Gone are those days Bro. To even surf through this thread these days ehn it's discouraging. So boring.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin.....Yemo baba! Your contributions here then were so on point.
The thread is just too boring these days.
I guess so many people retired to being a silent follower since after they've been insulted for their contributions...lawmerchant esp.
Its all good sha. So good to read your comment this night. I tried chatting you on WhatsApp weeks back but you're not responding.
yemdogg:

Gone are those days Bro. To even surf through this thread these days ehn it's discouraging. So boring.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by thesoj: 10:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
LONG POST ALERT
RANT AHEAD
I would like to request that anyone who PMs me should please not ask questions that can be answered by doing a thirty-second Google search. This is extremely frustrating! angry

I have spent at least one hundred hours of my own unpaid personal time over the past year and half volunteering to provide information, review documents, etc for applicants on this thread, yet I still receive emails from people (who have supposedly been on this thread for a while) asking me trivial questions like "how much should I have in my bank account?", etc. It is disheartening to receive questions that I and many others have already repeatedly and tirelessly answered on this thread.

I also constantly receive extremely badly written SOPs with grammatical and logical errors (or glaring contradictory lies) everywhere. If you are not willing to rid your SOP of dozens of grammatical errors, how do you expect a visa officer or admissions committee to consider you to be a serious student?

I just can't understand how some people claim to want to go to graduate school in Canada yet are not willing to do the most basic research for themselves. This is so discouraging.

By the way, it's not all bad. There are several applicants on here that make my day! I have made really good friends in some of the serious people here. But they are few and far between. Please I am not saying everyone on this thread is this way, and I am not trying to put anyone down.

There are tons of online resources to improve your writing and grammar. Stop being intellectually lazy. Start reading books. Start working on yourself. Prayer will not get you your visa; life is about strategically and intelligently putting in the necessary work. Vaccines didn't just drop from the sky, bright biomedical researchers developed them. Stop planning to reap where you did not sow.

I can't help you if you are not willing to help yourself. If you plan to send me an email asking me questions, first do a Google search or read through the thread (you don't have to start from Part 1, even a "mere" 50 pages will answer a lot of your questions... alternatively, read my periodic posts that summarize the thread and/or view my comment history on my profile starting from page zero to the last one) or check to see if any of the "gurus" on here have addressed it in the past. If you wanna send me your SOP, please do not even bother sending it if it is riddled with grammatical errors and glaringly incomprehensible writing. I can only help those who want to help themselves.

#VentingOver

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by goodman31: 12:22am On Dec 03, 2016
Good day my people in nairaland. I submitted my application on the 7th of September and biometric on the 8th. So I received a mail that my application for study permit was refused. Purpose of visit was ticked
I pay all the school fees of 17910 Canadian dollars.
I informed my uncle in the Us and he told me to appeal it and that he'll give me affidavit of support. Please as anyone appealed refusal of visa. I didn't want to say no. But I want ask my seniors here. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by blaugrana82(m): 12:29am On Dec 03, 2016
Guys do u advise i send a mail to CIC? my application is now 15weeks and school is supossed to resume Jan9
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2016
michV:
oga J..this your e to that moniker sweet my belly.in the past years when i s

Mich, what can one do nah? You've said it all. That's how one moniker called me " e-rat". I am yet to recover from that. Thanks to Justwise who wisely did the needful.
#gently strolling by#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 1:52am On Dec 03, 2016
I just went through the thread and I am on the lookout for emma4eva, I hope the moniker is right? You were asked to do another medical test right?

I am passionate about the outcome of the advice given you and if it is not too much you could click on my moniker to check my experience as regards a request for a fresh medicals when the previous one wasn't yet expired. It might just help. I went to Consultant Practice for a fresh one, thanks to Hayqinxfb's advice .
Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by bosypumpin: 1:54am On Dec 03, 2016
thesoj:
LONG POST ALERT
RANT AHEAD

@thesoj be making sense since 1621 wink

Before all the gurus disappear from here, abeg lemme famz o. I can like networking wella.
Cheers friend, that was no rant, it was as sincere as it could come.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Eraytee: 4:16am On Dec 03, 2016
goodman31:
Good day my people in nairaland. I submitted my application on the 7th of September and biometric on the 8th. So I received a mail that my application for study permit was refused. Purpose of visit was ticked
I informed my uncle in the Us and he told me to appeal it and that he'll give me affidavit of support. Please as anyone appealed refusal of visa. I didn't want to say no. But I want ask my seniors here. Thank you

first and foremost give a breakdown of ur application, course of study at bsc level, proposed course of study in canada, are u a pdg/pgc/msc/phd applicants? i thinks these information is necessary to view d VO's reason for ticking purpose of visit for u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2016
Folaroyal:

Folaroyal is a man.. lives in lag. Gender is marked as (m) or (f) in front of the names if yu check.
Regards

okay, gender is marked as (m) or (f) as in what?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by emma4eva(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2016
bosypumpin:
I just went through the thread and I am on the lookout for emma4eva, I hope the moniker is right? You were asked to do another medical test right?

I am passionate about the outcome of the advice given you and if it is not too much you could click on my moniker to check my experience as regards a request for a fresh medicals when the previous one wasn't yet expired. It might just help. I went to Consultant Practice for a fresh one, thanks to Hayqinxfb's advice .
Cheers
I did the medical test july 27th dis year, i got medical passed 2 days later, though i was denied aftwrwards. I have sent a mail to accra attaching my medical information sheet, if i dont get any reply by monday or tuesday, i will go for a new medical test on wednesday. Thanks for ur concern.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mzstephh(f): 10:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Hey Guys good to see how helpful you all are, really inspiring ooo. My problem now I have two degrees from the UK (Masters in Pharmacy and a Masters in business and management) However you know how the UK is now very xenophobic and difficult, if you aren't a citizen the struggle triples. So I decided to apply for an 8 month graduate certificate program in supply chain management and logistics in Canada, I got and admission into Seneca college for January 2017, I am currently still in the UK on my student visa which expires in January 2017 and decided to try my luck applying for a Canada study permit from here embarassed. I know very stupid of me but I'm sure you guessed as much I got a sweet REJECTION LOL

Reason:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
Travel history
immigration status in country of residence
Purpose of visit.

Documents attached via online application route:
Letter of acceptance
Sponsor letter from my brother saying he is my sponsor
Brothers bank statement (savings account with sufficient funds)
his pay slips from his UK job
Passport and Biometric residence( in the Uk that's the visa thingy)
The family information document provided online
Two passport photographs as they stated.

Perhaps I should have gone back home to apply, anyways I got another admission to Fanshawe college for the graduate certificate program in MAY 2017, and defo applying from Naija. Please guys any words of advice on how to re-apply successfully with anger? I know the course is kinda questionable sha but the plan is to enter the system by doing this course and familarise myself with Pharmacy there so I could practice soon by God's grace. grin

Thanks in advance...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
t405:
Good evening house,

My masters program is a 2year program and i have funds that can cover the tuition,room and board and 'others' cost for these two years. I am preparing a table detailing the total amount of funds in my statement of account submitted and the total cost of studies for 2 years.After i do this it would be visible to see that i ve enof to cover this expenses and some change left

now while filling the 1MM form i am at a dilemna as to what figures to put in there be it for 1 years cost of studies or 2.The reason i think i shud present my cost of studies for 2years n not 1 year is that i want them to see upfront that theres enof funds for the 2yrs so they dont refuse me based on sighting cost/funds only for the 1yr with no projections on how the 2nd year's cost would be covered.

opinions needed pls.

bro u can't prove d 2 years fees on dere ( CIC ) application form, secondly dey require prove of one year, but since u are goin to b self sponsor, i wiĺl say ur SOA should read d extra year included funds and u can throw a little lite on it on ur SOP, if u are including SOP

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 2:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
goodman31:
'

it beta u reapply again bro instead of appealing, list d documents u submitted and course u going for, are u an undergraduate or a graduate, if a graduate wat course did u study and wat course u goin for.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2016
blaugrana82:
Guys do u advise i send a mail to CIC? my application is now 15weeks and school is supossed to resume Jan9
Same applies to me but still hoping this coming week but I haven't done medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
emma4eva:
I did the medical test july 27th dis year, i got medical passed 2 days later, though i was denied aftwrwards. I have sent a mail to accra attaching my medical information sheet, if i dont get any reply by monday or tuesday, i will go for a new medical test on wednesday. Thanks for ur concern.

D first med was it a call from d CIC, or u did upfront, if it was a call from dem den attach d email dey send u wit along side
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mzstephh:
Hey Guys good to see how helpful you all are, really inspiring ooo. My problem now I have two degrees from the UK (Masters in Pharmacy and a Masters in business and management) However you know how the UK is now very xenophobic and difficult, if you aren't a citizen the struggle triples. So I decided to apply for an 8 month graduate certificate program in supply chain management and logistics in Canada, I got and admission into Seneca college for January 2017, I am currently still in the UK on my student visa which expires in January 2017 and decided to try my luck applying for a Canada study permit from here embarassed. I know very stupid of me but I'm sure you guessed as much I got a sweet REJECTION LOL

Reason:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
Travel history
immigration status in country of residence
Purpose of visit.

Documents attached via online application route:
Letter of acceptance
Sponsor letter from my brother saying he is my sponsor
Brothers bank statement (savings account with over £30,000)
his pay slips from his UK with a salary of (£3000)
Passport and Biometric residence( in the Uk that's the visa thingy)
The family information document provided online
Two passport photographs as they stated.

Perhaps I should have gone back home to apply, anyways I got another admission to Fanshawe college for the graduate certificate program in MAY 2017, and defo applying from Naija. Please guys any words of advice on how to re-apply successfully with anger? I know the course is kinda questionable sha but the plan is to enter the system by doing this course and familarise myself with Pharmacy there so I could practice soon by God's grace. grin

Thanks in advance...

bro wats ur undergraduate program, is it related to ur current admission now at fanshawe college, if not u ve two ways to go abt it, apply for a related course or write a strong LOE or SOP attach and wen u are applying again if not goin for PHD don't include ur previous master result and don't say anytin abt it since u are usin a BSc, in d space of wat 've u been doin after ur BSc on ur CIC form u can put searching for admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Abolergy: 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
goodman31:
@goodman31 the better shot is for you to reapply.Did u have an upfront medical or were called? Please your response is urgently needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by careerwoman(f): 4:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
Hello everyone, this is the biggest forum so far in the travel section. Keep on with the good work smiley.. Please, my enquiry is about visitor visa to Canada. I have a conference to attend in Montreal in mid March 2017. I want to know if it is still feasible to get the visa within this short time frame. Also, what visa office does one address their letter from sponsor to? I understand they have no visa office in Nigeria. what is the minimum amount that should be in my sponsor's account? I have started the online route already but I am having some challenges with completing my application. What general advice can you give me concerning visitor visa to Canada. I hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you. Success to all applicants on the forum.. Cheers

How do I get affordable but good flight deals to Canada. It's only a 10 day trip, I don't want to spend a fortune on flight ticket alone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jasondavidz1: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
hello guys,

i am new on this forum(a silent observer) and i have cause to say THANK YOU to all the gurus and the likes for your kindness in offering guidance to various applicants. May God bless you all.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Mzstephh(f): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2016
@[quote][/quote]@nelly28 Hey thanks for replying mehn lipsrsealed actually it was an Mpharm (Master of Pharmacy) course here in the UK for four years then I worked for a year and then did a Masters in Business and Management program for another year. cry So in essence the Supply Chain Graduate certificate program doesn't count? I assumed that the supply chain course would be essential in most Pharmaceutical companies ( plus further useful arguments).
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nelly28: 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
Mzstephh:
@@nelly28 Hey thanks for replying mehn lipsrsealed actually it was an Mpharm (Master of Pharmacy) course here in the UK for four years then I worked for a year and then did a Masters in Business and Management program for another year. cry So in essence the Supply Chain Graduate certificate program doesn't count? I assumed that the supply chain course would be essential in most Pharmaceutical companies ( plus further useful arguments).

alrite I gat ur point file a gud LOE or SOP in ur next application success.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by careerwoman(f): 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
careerwoman:
Hello everyone, this is the biggest forum so far in the travel section. Keep on with the good work smiley.. Please, my enquiry is about visitor visa to Canada. I have a conference to attend in Montreal in mid March 2017. I want to know if it is still feasible to get the visa within this short time frame. Also, what visa office does one address their letter from sponsor to? I understand they have no visa office in Nigeria. what is the minimum amount that should be in my sponsor's account? I have started the online route already but I am having some challenges with completing my application. What general advice can you give me concerning visitor visa to Canada. I hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you. Success to all applicants on the forum.. Cheers

How do I get affordable but good flight deals to Canada. It's only a 10 day trip, I don't want to spend a fortune on flight ticket alone

I'm new here, guys.. Please, someone should help me... Is there a Canadian visa office in Nigeria..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by justwise(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
careerwoman:

This is the right thread https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by careerwoman(f): 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
michV:
@pen if you look at the fraction of those nonentities,their age bracket ranges from (22 - 25 or 26yrs at most but will still have immature adults).I am not here for the minority of the ill mannered ones in nature and this is why they can hardly find good husbands.mind you,you can never satisfy a group where there are different ideologies and perception.i don't feel pained when called jobless cos i am not but if you carefully examine,the ones desperate/calling you names are those jobless..
Lemme drop this nutshell for you..
1) Real recognizes real. (@pen, when i was refused TRV, a matured married lady though silent follower, from this thread PMd me and asked if financial reason was the reason behind my refusal so that she could assist me to quickly reapply,i told her finances is never the problem,it's just the PGC i opted for. Sincerely i was overwhelmed.thanks to her if she is silently reading this.this is why I said real recognizes real
2) you don't know what you have till you lose it
3) A prophet is never valued in his own land.
4) In every peaceful atmosphere, there are bitter souls
5) There MUST always be ingrates
6) some are educated but are as good as illiterates
7) ill mannered ones will pretend to be loyal/respectful because they financially know your worth.

for those categories pained by my epistles,i am not here for you, but here for those especially focused guys wanting to make a better living out of this journey..i may sound boastful but some of recent have successfully got their TRVs by my insight detailed contributions both past and present.
Please, I need your help.. I have a conference in mid March next year at Montreal. Looking to apply for a visitor visa next week. I've started the online route. Is it possible to get the visa by feb.? which route is faster and more cost-effective? which visa office handles applications from Nigeria/
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by careerwoman(f): 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
justwise:

This is the right thread https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion
Ohhh ok. Thank you.. smiley
My apologies for derailing from the main purpose of this thread
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 04, 2016
careerwoman:
Hello everyone, this is the biggest forum so far in the travel section. Keep on with the good work smiley.. . I hope to hear from someone soon. Thank you. Success to all applicants on the forum.. Cheers

Visiting takes about 6weeks for you to get a response. The high commission of Canada in Lagos... Anifowose, off Adeola odeku is the office that treats visiting applications.
It is not late to apply now. Sponsor should have a very good flow (in and out) and its safer you have an invitation.
Mail me when you need to book cheap flights.
Regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.