Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312291 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
Skii:

sorry to sound dumb and stuff but what does ECO mean?

and whats the full address please

Entry Clearance Officer (ECO)

Get the full address from British embassy website.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Periwinkle(m): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2011
Pls i am about to apply next week for my student visa; i was refused last year because i didnt indicate that i had a passport (expired, actually) different from the one i had and that i had applied before to the UK (2006). The wordings are as below

“You should note that because this application for entry clearance has been refused under paragraph 320(7A) of the Immigration Rules, any future applications may also be refused under paragraph 320(7B)  of the Immigration Rules, (subject to the requirements set out in paragraph 320 (7C)).

320(7B) = 10yrs ban
I assumed the passports were independent of each other me being a novice. Honest mistake really!

I am being sponsored by a govt agency and am prepared to state evrything on the form this time around. is there anything i should add in the 'additional information' part? Pls what are my chances this time around?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tiwatowa: 10:13am On Aug 07, 2011
I AV HND IN BANKING&FINANCE PLS DO KNOW COLLEGES IN UK THAT OFF PGD OR ANY COURSE 4 HND HOLDER.FEB INTAKE.ASSIST PLS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2011
Dear nairalanders I need your advice on this. My tution fee is 9500£ and I was asked to make a deposit of 4000£ . On my CAS letter it stipulates that I need to have the tution balance of 5500 and 5400 for maintainance which amounts to 10,900£.
Am very aware of the 28days quarantine policy, I had 3m (naira) deposited into my acct which should mature this coming friday. I added some other small cash like 50 and 20 since it was my savings acct and I av been withdrawing like 2k and 4k naira from it since it is my savings acct, but my balance has never gonr below the 3m that I first deposited in my acct. Can I submit my application come friday or is it that I should have never withdrawn any money from the acct and that the samll withdrawals would have reset the 28day quarantine thing.

Thanks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 10:46am On Aug 07, 2011
tiwatowa

You have failed use of English requirements.
Reason
Poor spelling and lack of punctuation in you post.
No UK entry for you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:50am On Aug 07, 2011
batu2sai:

Dear nairalanders I need your advice on this. My tution fee is 9500£ and I was asked to make a deposit of 4000£ . On my CAS letter it stipulates that I need to have the tution balance of 5500 and 5400 for maintainance which amounts to 10,900£.
Am very aware of the 28days quarantine policy, I had 3m (naira) deposited into my acct which should mature this coming friday. I added some other small cash like 50 and 20 since it was my savings acct and I av been withdrawing like 2k and 4k naira from it since it is my savings acct, but my balance has never gonr below the 3m that I first deposited in my acct. Can I submit my application come friday or is it that I should have never withdrawn any money from the acct and that the samll withdrawals would have reset the 28day quarantine thing.

Thanks,
Yes u can submit ur application, as long as u did not go below the 3m required for ur remaining fees and maintenance fees then u are ok.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 10:56am On Aug 07, 2011
God bless you justwise. Thnk you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sean001: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2011
worry246:

tiwatowa

You have failed use of English requirements.
Reason
Poor spelling and lack of punctuation in you post.
No UK entry for you!

@worry246
why criticizing to this extent? check your own spellings also.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tiwatowa: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2011
@worry.u are a fool.let's wait and see.let me av ur email id.i'll send u details abt me.am not a visa seeker like u
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 1:44pm On Aug 07, 2011
tiwatowa
Typical nigerian boi response!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
When they get problem.
Start shouting and insult other people who might be trying to give advise!!
Start beating chest like monkey.

You will still never pass the UKBE english language requirements!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tiwatowa: 5:47pm On Aug 07, 2011
@worry.learn how to talk.cos u don't know who is who.very easy 4 me to get ur data.i don't need ur advice.we shall see
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 6:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
tiwatowa
You are little boi who will never ammount to anything.
If you study hard you could still not become truk pusher they throw you out as poor mumu.
You will never get to good country but live in gutter stealing food from mama put.

You say you can "get my data"
Go ahead you could never get enough money to travel to next village so what are you going to do?
Beat your chest like monkey boi!!!!!!
My AXE is sharp for you tiwatowa.
If you want advice I gan give it.(learn English) & grow up
If you want curses & AXE you can have Thunder & Fire.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by tiwatowa: 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
ENGLISH TEACHER READ WHAT U WROTE VERY WELL AND POINTS TO UR MISTAKES."WE SHALL SEE" I MEAN IT.I DONT MAKE MOUTH LIKE U.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 10:34pm On Aug 07, 2011
Abeg Tiwa and worry, you people are killing me softly! if i die of laughter before i get my visa i will come and flog both of you!!

Anyway i'm here to ask if i need to include my birth cert to my studen visa application? or maybe the personal vaf9 one??

my own money is in my account, so basically my parents are out of the equation, so honestly i dont see why i need it but my mother wont let me rest.

Truth is i actually cant find the original cert, i can only find a COPY of the registration of birth, and cant be bothered to hustle for another one.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 08, 2011
U don't need a birth cert since u r nt usin ur parent's money,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gbaby87(m): 8:54am On Aug 08, 2011
Amen!! Thanks a lot!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 10:07am On Aug 08, 2011
Everyone, nana, slyp, cockpitboy et all

At this point I think I want to visit VFS and put my complaint forward or something, its taking to long.

Also the person have borrowed some fund from wants her money back this week, been on my neck.

The major fear nw, is that in the news that intercontinental bank is liquidating,can't afford to lose 3.6M to a bank in the cause of awaiting visa,some of d funds which aint mine,wanna withdraw all bfor d bank's death. Was at d bank today to enquire on the liquidation,they are claiming to be merging with access nd nt closing down but one can't trust them!

Have sent mails to vfs and the british high commission this a.m,not a reply yet except for autoresponses that aint helpful.

Do I go to VFS today? Do u think news of a bank u have presented to ECO liquidating wouldn't even affect one's application, am visiting VFS, What do u all reckon?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nana28: 3:41pm On Aug 08, 2011
bountimore:

Everyone, nana, slyp, cockpitboy et all

At this point I think I want to visit VFS and put my complaint forward or something, its taking to long.

Also the person have borrowed some fund from wants her money back this week, been on my neck.

The major fear nw, is that in the news that intercontinental bank is liquidating,can't afford to lose 3.6M to a bank in the cause of awaiting visa,some of d funds which aint mine,wanna withdraw all bfor d bank's death. Was at d bank today to enquire on the liquidation,they are claiming to be merging with access nd nt closing down but one can't trust them!

Have sent mails to vfs and the british high commission this a.m,not a reply yet except for autoresponses that aint helpful.

Do I go to VFS today? Do u think news of a bank u have presented to ECO liquidating wouldn't even affect one's application, am visiting VFS, What do u all reckon?

@Bountimore, Just relax, i don't think that IB liquidating will be a problem as the CBN has taken measures to secure depositors funds. Even if you have the visa you may still have to show the evidence on entry sometimes even the school might ask for it.
As for you sending them an E-mail, i guess cockpitboy also sent them a mail and they asked him to wait that they will get back to him, which they did.
If the owner of the money is taunting you, i guess the best thing is to plead and if she wants you could pay with interest.

Men guy na to pray hard now because our destiny is right before us and it is all for grabs but one ECO is sitting on it. Don't worry this week you shall receive a good report in Jesus name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2011
bountimore
School is very likely to demand your bank acc showing sufficient funds.
This is a job the UKBA now gets them to do as part of school approval.
If you can not show funds
Offer of school is withdrawn
Visa withdrawn
Sent home and all money wasted.
If you are boosting acc think again now!!!!!
Much bad wahalla ahead following that road
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2011
@nana, well I guess one just have to wait now, just had a reply to my mail from VFS:

Thank you for writing VFS UK Nigeria                                  

Your application is undergoing verification at the visa section.

@worry246, hun well seriously that's one fear I have been nursing as well, sincerely I will be able to pay the rest of my tuition fee to the school baefore leaving naija, so do u think even after paying tuition fee completely,they still want to verify that u have maintainance fee?
@nana, well I guess one just have to wait now, just had a reply to my mail from VFS:

Thank you for writing VFS UK Nigeria                                  

Your application is undergoing verification at the visa section.

@worry246, hun well seriously that's one fear I have been nursing as well, sincerely I will be able to pay the rest of my tuition fee to the school baefore leaving naija, so do u think even after paying tuition fee completely,they still want to verify that u have maintainance fee?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
There have been stories about schools checking accounts.
The UKBA make the schools do all the checks.
If the schools fail when inspected their licence to take students is cancelled.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 6:32pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ bountimore
i perfectly do understand what you are going through rite now. I will encourage you to wait and relax patiently. You may likely receive an alert 2moro or next.
pls don't touch ur acct for now, just wait n see what wil happen this week. Talk to the person that gave you money in manner he/she wil understand n keep praying for God's intervention. I believe strongly that you are coming here with a good news in no distance time
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2011
Hi everyone,
I just want to appreciate everyone for offering advise on the visa application issue especially justwise and ell77, the degreeangel.co.uk lady
for starting up this thread in the first place.
Well, I just need the house to help clarify a couple of issues.
I used a birth certificate issued by the national population commission, which was issued just days before I submitted my visa application since the 19th of July.
I submited my visa application using my official statement of results (since the CAS asked me to present this). But this statement has just my first name and surname (without my middle name), while all my other documents have my three names in full.
I also used a pounds account statement from Standard Chartered Bank, which contained the balance of the tuition + maintenance, I let is stay for complete 28 days untouched. But after that period, some 3000 pounds and another 50 pounds was paid in.
As I have no foreign travel record, I submitted only my current passport. My previous passport is expired and was never used.
So guys, what do you think? I hope the factors I just mentioned cannot result in a negative outcome,

And finally, when the visa is issued, does it start 'reading' from the day you intend to arrive in the UK (as you stated in the application forms)?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 11:09am On Aug 09, 2011
TomClancy:

Hi everyone, I just want to appreciate everyone for offering advise on the visa application issue especially justwise and ell77, the degreeangel.co.uk lady for starting up this thread in the first place.Well, I just need the house to help clarify a couple of issues. I used a birth certificate issued by the national population commission, which was issued just days before I submitted my visa application since the 19th of July.I submited my visa application using my official statement of results (since the CAS asked me to present this). But this statement has just my first name and surname (without my middle name), while all my other documents have my three names in full. I also used a pounds account statement from Standard Chartered Bank, which contained the balance of the tuition + maintenance, I let is stay for complete 28 days untouched. But after that period, some 3000 pounds and another 50 pounds was paid in. As I have no foreign travel record, I submitted only my current passport. My previous passport is expired and was never used. So guys, what do you think? I hope the factors I just mentioned cannot result in a negative outcome,
And finally, when the visa is issued, does it start 'reading' from the day you intend to arrive in the UK (as you stated in the application forms)?
Money paid after the 28days will not affect ur visa outcome as long as u have the required amount in ur account b4 the payment.

Was the ££ account u used in ur name?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2011
TomClancy:

Hi everyone,
I just want to appreciate everyone for offering advise on the visa application issue especially justwise and ell77, the degreeangel.co.uk lady
for starting up this thread in the first place.
Well, I just need the house to help clarify a couple of issues.
I used a birth certificate issued by the national population commission, which was issued just days before I submitted my visa application since the 19th of July.
I submited my visa application using my official statement of results (since the CAS asked me to present this). But this statement has just my first name and surname (without my middle name), while all my other documents have my three names in full.
I also used a pounds account statement from Standard Chartered Bank, which contained the balance of the tuition + maintenance, I let is stay for complete 28 days untouched. But after that period, some 3000 pounds and another 50 pounds was paid in.
As I have no foreign travel record, I submitted only my current passport. My previous passport is expired and was never used.
So guys, what do you think? I hope the factors I just mentioned cannot result in a negative outcome,

Did state the details of your previous passport on the application form? I had an old one too which was never used but I stated it in my application that the passport was not in use.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ejy2011: 1:22pm On Aug 09, 2011
You should have used the same names in all ur documents. My school sent my CAS withot my middle name, i immediately alerted them about it and they sent me another CAS. I had a problem of age during my visa application. I was scared of being refused visa because of the age discrepances in my documents. I made up my mind to submit it with seeking no one but God's advice. That was cos i know people will advice me not to so as not to be banned for ten yrs. I was scared of the 10yrs ban too but God through prayer gave me the courage to submit it. And he did as he promised.
My brother/sister, embassy gives visa but according to God's desire. U may even have all the required documents, seek the advice of the best visa agent, at the end it's only God that'll decide the issuance of visa.
I read(in this forum) when a lady was getting worried about her application despite using pronounced visa agent. She was so confident of her application but i was not cos i knew the age discrepances in my documents and my mistake in the visa application form and also i only relied on this forum for advice. But her own(thank God successful) took far longer than my own.
what u think is a mistake is only a mistake to human but to God could be the reason why the visa will be issued.
The only thing remaining which i know u've been doing is prayers and God will see u through.
Congrat's in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ last two posters, thanks for responding,
the pound account is in my father's name, but he provided a sponsorship letter to that effect. Glad to know there wouldn't be a problem with that.
I filled the personal details form online, there were several options to choose from and so I chose the option that said that the passport had expired.

Any comments on the statement of result and the birth certificate issue?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 09, 2011
@ ejy2011, thanks for your response. I used the same names in all my documents, with the exception of my statement of results issued by my university. I used it that way and I got the admission. Its just I realized it quite late and I'm praying to God that the ECO, whoever he is, just ignores it. I'm really believing that the very best will come out of this whole matter,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2011
TomClancy:

@ last two posters, thanks for responding,
the[b] pound account is in my father's name, but he provided a sponsorship letter to that effect[/b]. Glad to know there wouldn't be a problem with that.
I filled the personal details form online, there were several options to choose from and so I chose the option that said that the passport had expired.

Any comments on the statement of result and the birth certificate issue?

Did u also include ur birth certificate as a proof of ur rela/ship with the account owner?

I don't want to go on. . .about other stuff, u have submitted already, telling u anything more will not help u. Leave it to God as ejy2011 said

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 7:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
I will kindly advice every future applicant to always seek for advice to rectify any thing that seems confusing in the course of packaging their application before submission for no advice will be relevant after submission.

Pls o, To you guys in uk, hope this protest tin in london will not disturb our trip to uk cos i just learnt that nigeria vs ghana march has been put to hold due to the on going protest in london streets.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Dapto(m): 5:55am On Aug 10, 2011
Pls Everyone,when applying alongside wit d transcript to d VFS,does it is av to be properly sealed or open as d other document.Because,what is usualy done is that when d official sealed transcript is obtained,it is opened and scan to various schools for admission purpose.Is it now right to apply wit d hard copy that is open already to d VFS or better to go and get another one,that is sealed up to apply with.
For those that av obtained their visas,please how did u do it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
Dapto:

Pls Everyone,when applying alongside wit d transcript to d VFS,does it is av to be properly sealed or open as d other document.Because,what is usualy done is that when d official sealed transcript is obtained,it is opened and scan to various schools for admission purpose.Is it now right to apply wit d hard copy that is open already to d VFS or better to go and get another one,that is sealed up to apply with.
For those that av obtained their visas,please how did u do it.

i applied with a copy i recently obtained from my school but a covering letter was attached by the academic officer. i also sent a hard copy to my school asides the scanned copy. the hard copy was sent directly to uk school from my naija school. if the transcript is original i think its ok but if its a copy like mine a signed and stamped covering letter from your school should be attached. i had also opened my envelop too so i dint bother puttin the envelop

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.