Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311869 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 5:22am On Aug 18, 2011
@ bountimore, congrats bro, but pls how many working days did it take you to get Ūя̲̅ visa?,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Macheus(m): 11:18am On Aug 18, 2011
Am about travelling to UK to
study B.admin and Human
Resources Mgt. in London school
of Business and Finance (LSBF)
pls. I need your candid opinions
abt the country.school.the course
and also the job prospects.
Lastly. You guys that are
attending the school already
should drop your contacts either
Facebook or Yahoo so that we
can know each other better. I
appreciate you all!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dove30: 1:08pm On Aug 18, 2011
congratulation to everyone who have gotten there visas too.i guess visa applications is getting better and more straight forward now.if u present all the required documents you have a good chance of getting your visa unlike 4 years ago when they return your documents with ready made refusals without going through your applications .i guess the new laws have made it much easier for them to verify and work well with we Nigerians because initially the problem came from Nigerians tendering fake documents.i did my application last month and got my visa.i was refused twice last year.my writing now is just to plead with everyone that have gotten visas and are yet to get visas is that we should please help maintain this new revolution that is going on now.let us not corrupt this system or we would harden the ecos minds towards people coming at our back.lets not spoil it for them.a lot of problems we face with the embassy today was caused by people that where in front of us.lets not tender fake documents.lets be honest and straight forward with them.i can see now that a lot of people are getting worried about the school verifying the money when one gets to London.please and please plan very well and don't let us get into trouble.PRAY AND PUT YOUR SITUATION TO THE LORD AND PLEASE PLAN.DON'T JUST SIT AND THINK MIRACLE Would FALL ON YOU.THINK AND PLAN AHEAD.JESUS CHRIST WOULD CONTINUE TO BE OUR STRENGTH IN JESUS NAME!!AMEN!!!! AND HE WOULD CONTINUE TO PROVIDE FOR US IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!AND IF THERE IS ANYONE THAT IS HAVING PROBLEM WITH THE SCHOOL VERIFYING THE MONEY THE LORD JESUS WOULD PROVIDE THE MONEY AND MAKE EVERYTHING GO WELL BY THE TIME YOU ARRIVE UK IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!!U SHALL NOT BE PUT TO SHAME IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!GO AND PROSPER IN JESUS NAME AMEN!!! please lets live the right way and eradicate corruption in our society.i love Nigeria and am proud to be a witness to the revolution taking place.lets maintain it!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
@dove30, congrats to you, pls i wud want to know how long it took them to reply you, i applied on the 26th of july and yet to get a reply, today makes it the 17th working day,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dove30: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2011
dellman:

@dove30, congrats to you, pls i wud want to know how long it took them to reply you, i applied on the 26th of july and yet to get a reply, today makes it the 17th working day,
[/quot
dellman link=topic=331618.msg8952276#msg8952276 date=1313670266:

when i applied it took 14 working days to get mine.but i applied early enough in June so am sure that's why it was faster cos they wouldn't have had much applications to handle at that time.you don't need to panic i understand if you are cos i felt the same way.anxiety and all lol!.They have a lot of applications at this time and it takes a bit longer now and it shows they are working bruv so dont be worried.its not going to take longer than uve waited just a lil bit of patience ok!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ dove30, thanks for the encouragement, i bliv sumtin positive is coming out of it, what do U̶̲̥̅̊ know about the showing of maintainance fund at the airport? is it true?,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
Thanks Dove, appreciate your words of encouragement. Day 17 and still waiting.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2011
@yababoy, bro let's just wait n see wat will happen dis week, i bliv we both will share our testimonies too,amen,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dove30: 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2011
dellman:

@ dove30, thanks  for the encouragement, i bliv sumtin positive  is coming out of it, what do U̶̲̥̅̊ know about the showing of maintainance fund at the airport? is it true?,

HMM ABOUT THE SHOWING OF MAINTENANCE FUNDS AT THE AIRPORT I HAVE NOT HEARD THEM REQUESTING FOR IT AT THE AIRPORT.I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THAT WOULD WORK OUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT STATED IT ANYWHERE THAT WE SHOULD BRING THAT TO THE AIRPORT!!BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE IT WOULDN'T BE NICE FOR ANYONE TO THROW THAT AWAY SO WHAT I HAVE SIMPLY DONE IS TO PRINT MY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT  AND TAKE IT ALONG WITH ME.AND IT WOULD NOT BE OLDER THAN A MONTH BEFORE I TRAVEL WITH THE STATEMENT. I AM JUST DOING THIS SO I WOULD NOT BE A SCAPE GOAT.BUT TO BE HONEST I DON'T THINK IT WOULD MAKE SENSE IF THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING.BUT HAVE HEARD THAT SOME SCHOOLS REQUEST IT TO VERIFY AND AM SURE THE SCHOOLS ARE DOING IT SO NO STUDENT WOULD PUT THEM IN TROUBLE.IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR AGREEMENT WITH YOUR SCHOOL ON PAYMENT OF FEES.LIKE ME SCHOOL COLLECTS HALF PAYMENT INITIALLY AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PAY THE REST IN THREE INSTALLMENT  PAYMENTS.IT VARIES FROM SCHOOL TO SCHOOL SO YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR SCHOOL SAYS ABOUT PAYMENT OF OUTSTANDING FEES.BUT PLEASE I AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ASK EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM WHO HAVE IDEAS ON WHAT IS GOING ON ABOUT  VERIFYING FEES TO POST THERE VIEWS SO WE CAN ALL TALK IT OUT CHEERS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2011
bountimore:

Hey people, afternoon!
First all thanks to Baba God, next loada appreciation to my nairaland peeps up here, ell77, justwise and everyone for your time and patience in explaining things in here.

Got my visa today, wow! Received my sms alert yesterday, its all good at the end.

Just for prospective applicants,these were the docs I submitted for my application:

Copy of my CAS
Bank statement and cover letter from bank
Btech cert,transcript and waec cert as stated on my CAS.
Letter from the institution confirming my 25% scholarship
A photocopy of each doc.
Took 21working days!

Now uni of northampton welcomes me, Lol
Thank u once more justwise, ell77, graciousme, dming, slyp, cockpitboy, endless can't remember everyone!

Will come back as I av some more inquiries,I knw every will get solved here, lol.

Best of luck to us all.
congrats broda, im happy for you, when will you b travelling?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ all, Pls all nairalanders, there is a new twist to this application tin.i just got a call from my bank that the embassy wants to verify my account n make sure all funds are still intact, thank God every fund is still intact, wat i now get to know now is that. 1, the application period is now 20working day and the reason for dis is to make sure all funds are in your account after you apply, 2.they now cross check every document you supply so pls don't supply fake documents cos they will detect, wish all of us still waitin best of lucks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2011
@all, may God crown our efforts with success for dos of us expection our visa! I submitted at ikeja office. @dellman, dnt worry all d best, drop yoour email address or bb pin we can rub minds,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2011
@ sux 31058239 my pin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Dellman: This is a real twist o, were you called today and is there any special reason why the bank had to call you,? Couldn't they have confirmed your balance to the UKBA straight away?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2011
i got d call like 30minutes ago n abt the bank callin me i rily don't know why, the guy that called first asked if i applied for a visa,then wat branch i got my statement from as well as the date, o boy shock hold me straight up, i bliv its all for sumtin gud sha, let's just wait for their text, but by gods grace we will all smile
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2011
@dellman, hope the bank officials attended to the ukba ppl properly cos dats anoda tin. Insha Allah we shall all smile at d end of it all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
dove30:

HMM ABOUT THE SHOWING OF MAINTENANCE FUNDS AT THE AIRPORT I HAVE NOT HEARD THEM REQUESTING FOR IT AT THE AIRPORT.I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW THAT WOULD WORK OUT BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT STATED IT ANYWHERE THAT WE SHOULD BRING THAT TO THE AIRPORT!!BUT ON THE OTHER SIDE IT WOULDN'T BE NICE FOR ANYONE TO THROW THAT AWAY SO WHAT I HAVE SIMPLY DONE IS TO PRINT MY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT  AND TAKE IT ALONG WITH ME.AND IT WOULD NOT BE OLDER THAN A MONTH BEFORE I TRAVEL WITH THE STATEMENT. I AM JUST DOING THIS SO I WOULD NOT BE A SCAPE GOAT.BUT TO BE HONEST I DON'T THINK IT WOULD MAKE SENSE IF THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING.BUT HAVE HEARD THAT SOME SCHOOLS REQUEST IT TO VERIFY AND AM SURE THE SCHOOLS ARE DOING IT SO NO STUDENT WOULD PUT THEM IN TROUBLE.IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR AGREEMENT WITH YOUR SCHOOL ON PAYMENT OF FEES.LIKE ME SCHOOL COLLECTS HALF PAYMENT INITIALLY AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PAY THE REST IN THREE INSTALLMENT  PAYMENTS.IT VARIES FROM SCHOOL TO SCHOOL SO YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR SCHOOL SAYS ABOUT PAYMENT OF OUTSTANDING FEES.BUT PLEASE I AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO ASK EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM WHO HAVE IDEAS ON WHAT IS GOING ON ABOUT  VERIFYING FEES TO POST THERE VIEWS SO WE CAN ALL TALK IT OUT CHEERS
The bottom is this. . .you could be asked at the airport to show the avaliability of the fund you claimed you have during the visa application but this is rare, however, your school have the right to request for ALL the fees to be paid at once, now if you have an agreetment with ur school for installment payment then u got nothing to worry about, basically, you could be asked to show that money at any point in time if they want to. Just don't triger it by. .e.g defualting in ur payment , not turning up for lectures or working more than 20hrs a week and get caught.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dove30: 5:17pm On Aug 18, 2011
dellman:

@ all, Pls all nairalanders, there  is a new twist to this application tin.i just got a call from my bank that the embassy wants to verify my account n make sure all funds are still intact, thank God every fund  is still intact, wat i now get to know now  is that. 1, the application period  is now 20working day and the reason  for dis  is to make sure all funds are in your account after you apply,  2.they now cross check every document you supply so pls don't supply fake documents cos they will detect, wish all of us still waitin best of lucks,

dellman  yea the embassy calls the bank sometimes to verify accounts.sometimes they do not and sometimes they do if they feel there is need to.but the good thing about it is that it shows they are working and they are about to take there decision but want to verify all is intact and its a positive step.they normally  give visa when the verification is successful.like the poster above said  we just hope the bank gave them the information they want.i want you to be positive in all situations!!dont panic be relaxed!!!!! you have played your role relax while they are working k!!!you would soon hear from them!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dove30: 5:41pm On Aug 18, 2011
justwise:

The bottom is this. . .you could be asked at the airport to show the avaliability of the fund you claimed you have during the visa application but this is rare, however, your school have the right to request for ALL the fees to be paid at once, now if you have an agreetment with your school for installment payment then u got nothing to worry about, basically, you could be asked to show that money at any point in time if they want to. Just don't triger it by. .e.g defualting in your payment , not turning up for lectures or working more than 20hrs a week and get caught.

That sounds more straight forward!!the solution is just to print along your statement of account showing funds or just show evidence of funds where ever you have them.and try to find out how your school wants you to pay the remaining fees if you have not paid all.and dont trigger them to ask for it lool!!!nice one just wise well said!! and if you do not have all this then know you are gambling with chances they may ask and they may not!!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
@dove30, thanks bro, i bliv am gettin it soon, God showed me a sign by making the bank guy call me, it is well,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by urchiu: 5:57pm On Aug 18, 2011
@All, any one joinin RGU this Sep? Will like to get in touch, u can reach m. Also Nlanders in RGU or Aberdeen can also help am seriously looking for a private acco around the sch.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:10pm On Aug 18, 2011
dove30:

That sounds more straight forward!!the solution is just to print along your statement of account showing funds or just show evidence of funds where ever you have them.and try to find out how your school wants you to pay the remaining fees if you have not paid all.and dont trigger them to ask for it lool!!!nice one just wise well said!! and if you do not have all this then know you are gambling with chances they may ask and they may not!!!

No school wants to loose their sponsorship licence, so they have to make sure that all foreign students complies with the rules.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dove30: 6:25pm On Aug 18, 2011
urchiu:

@All, any one joinin RGU this Sep? Will like to get in touch, u can reach m. Also Nlanders in RGU or Aberdeen can also help am seriously looking for a private acco around the sch.

do you mean university of reading
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gab69: 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2011
Nairalanders, am really praying, i hope i don't have problems cos my 28day account balance was 1.54m, had to take some money out recently, now having 1.49m which is still higher than the 5400p @ 270 = 1.45m, and this is the 15th working day since application, *nervously biting fingernails*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2011
@gab69, u r. Still on point just kip prayiin 2 God 2 help us smile at d end. Can I av ur yahoo ID? Let's chat!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nana28: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2011
Quick question house, i have secured accommodation in a halls of residence but i have not made a deposit. They have sent me the contract which i am supposed to sign as they have reserved a room for me in the hostel. The keys would be issued to me as soon as I sign the contract and make a deposit. I would like to make a deposit for the room when I arrive in the UK.

Would I have problems with the immigration control when I arrive in UK? (NOTE:I already have a reservation but have not made payment yet)

I need a response ASAP! thanks guys.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
nana28:

Quick question house, i have secured accommodation in a halls of residence but i have not made a deposit. They have sent me the contract which i am supposed to sign as they have reserved a room for me in the hostel. The keys would be issued to me as soon as I sign the contract and make a deposit. I would like to make a deposit for the room when I arrive in the UK.
Would I have problems with the immigration control when I arrive in UK? (NOTE:I already have a reservation but have not made payment yet)

I need a response ASAP! thanks guys.

No, you will be fine, if you are asked at the airport tell them that you have arranged an accommodation with the school and show them the email exchange with the school.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
@justwise

How about someone who hasn't arranged for accommodation with the school?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 9:33pm On Aug 19, 2011
bountimore:

@justwise

How about someone who hasn't arranged for accommodation with the school?

You need to have an idea abt where to stay b4 sorting out ur accommodation but if ur school is picking u up from the airport then u got no prob as the school will accommodate for the night b4 u sort out ur accommodation issue.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2011
Thanks justwise, a friend will actually be picking my up, plan on arriving the uk like 2weeks before my resumption,but wouldn't be resuming at the school straight away, will be hanging with my friend till the actual date of resumption and see if during that period I can get an accommodation that isn't school's own,maybe around the school's environ. how do i mention this to the immigrations, will this affect?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
bountimore:

Thanks justwise, a friend will actually be picking my up, plan on arriving the uk like 2weeks before my resumption,but wouldn't be resuming at the school straight away, will be hanging with my friend till the actual date of resumption and see if during that period I can get an accommodation that isn't school's own,maybe around the school's environ. how do i mention this to the immigrations, will this affect?

There is nothing wrong with that, just explain it the way u put it here. . that u are arriving 2wks earlier to be able to get accommodation b4 school starts. Give ur friend's address if asked.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gab69: 1:08am On Aug 20, 2011
@ Justwise, am really praying, i hope i don't have problems cos my 28day account balance was 1.54m, had to take some money out recently, now having 1.49m which is still higher than the 5400p @ 270 = 1.45m, and this is the 15th working day since application, *nervously biting fingernails*

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.