Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (311871 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ell77(f): 1:24pm On Aug 10, 2011
Slyp:

I will kindly advice every future applicant to always seek for advice to rectify any thing that seems confusing in the course of packaging their application before submission for no advice will be relevant after submission.

Pls o, To you guys in uk, hope this protest tin in london will not disturb our trip to uk cos i just learnt that nigeria vs ghana march has been put to hold due to the on going protest in london streets.

As far as I am aware this issue has not affected airports (nor will it as these areas are more secure than the average shop) and thus will not affect those coming to UK. Universities have not been affected either and I doubt these problems will still be apparent next month.

Dapto:

Pls Everyone,when applying alongside wit d transcript to d VFS,does it is av to be properly sealed or open as d other document.Because,what is usualy done is that when d official sealed transcript is obtained,it is opened and scan to various schools for admission purpose.Is it now right to apply wit d hard copy that is open already to d VFS or better to go and get another one,that is sealed up to apply with.
For those that av obtained their visas,please how did u do it.

Sealed or unsealed makes no difference as long as it is original.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 6:57pm On Aug 10, 2011
TomClancy:

I used a birth certificate issued by the national population commission, which was issued just days before I submitted my visa application since the 19th of July.

Where and how did you get the birth certificate
Could you hlp me with the details pls.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 11, 2011
Does anyone has d link to printing the new forms UKBA people r usin pls?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yemming(m): 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2011
hello guys,

i need your help, im an international student currently studying in turkey, i will be coming back home to apply for a 6 month uk visa and i have already been refused once in 2006 on my old naija pali,

i dont have a sponsor but i want to apply that i will be sponsoring myself with my domiciliary account which i have been able to put some reasonable amount of money in it via savings from abroad,

i want to use an hotel reservation because i dont have a sponsor, please people i need you guys to advice me on how to go about it,

will be happy to read from you guys

thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 12:13am On Aug 12, 2011
@Yemming Since its a visit visa, post in the visit section and you'll get answers there as this thread is for students visa.
The General UK Visa thread is https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-127964.0.html
Goodluck
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 10:55am On Aug 12, 2011
Morning all,

Sly wasup with u? Any update yet, as per alert 4rm vfs, my application makes 20days today.

Told u all I mailed, the uk embassy,abuja visa customer care unit just replied me requesting my passport number,age n name to enable them help me track my application, haven't replied em yet though, Should I do that?

Every other pals expecting same alert as mine,wsup any news?

Cheers o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sawyouwalk: 11:48am On Aug 12, 2011
mine also makes 20 days today ooo, still waiting anxiously for the text from them, i think you should reply them and let see what they would say.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2011
Finally got the notification that my visa processing is complete after some dreaded 18 working days of waiting. Hoping for a positive outcome as I plan my trip to Abuja to pick my passport and stuff next week.

@ dming,
hi, just visit the National Population Commission state office and request for a birth certificate. Go along with some supporting documents as proof of your date of birth ( I used my infant baptism certificate, school transcripts and international passports). You'd be given a form to fill, and the certificate will be prepared on the spot for you. For a certain age bracket, the service is free of charge but for some others, there is a service fee of a couple of thousands. Remember to not laminate the certificate after its been issued. Hope you'll find this little information helpful. Sorry for the late reply,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Slyp: 3:13pm On Aug 12, 2011
@ bountimore
i m cool. Did u receive a tx d day u submited ur applictn? If you did pls i wil advice u nt to reply the tx u got from vfs cos 20days is nt sometin much. afteral there was a guy on this thread who got his visa abt 25days. So guy just chil good news awaits you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nana28: 3:29pm On Aug 12, 2011
Men and Brethren, if not God on our side wetin man for do? I will rejoice for He has made me glad. I have my visa after 20 working days.

In all these an idea came to me, if we struggle so hard to get visa to UK why don’t we struggle even more to get a visa to heaven where the streets are made of gold, where there is no sorrows nor tears, no hustling, angels at our beck and call. All I want now is to go there.
Now I must live righteously, Holy, without blame in the sight of Jesus My Lord. Spread the good news of His divine birth, death and resurrection.

God Bless you all!

Brother Bountimore you are next!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Aug 12, 2011
nana28:

Men and Brethren, if not God on our side wetin man for do? I will rejoice for He has made me glad. I have my visa after 20 working days.

In all these an idea came to me, if we struggle so hard to get visa to UK why don’t we struggle even more to get a visa to heaven where the streets are made of gold, where there is no sorrows nor tears, no hustling, angels at our beck and call. All I want now is to go there.
Now I must live righteously, Holy, without blame in the sight of Jesus My Lord. Spread the good news of His divine birth, death and resurrection.

God Bless you all!

Brother Bountimore you are next!!

Congrat
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 4:22pm On Aug 12, 2011
@Justwise and ell77 please I will like u guys to look into this.
I just went to print out my bank statement of account today, and it was a 2months bank statement (from 12th of June to 12th of August). At the beginning days/earlier days of the bank statement (ie on the 12th of June to 28th June) I dint have the required maintenance fund in my bank account, but I deposited more than the required amount on the 29th of June. Since the 29th of June, I have not gone below the minimum maintenance fund and won’t go below it until I apply and get my visa.

My question is this, since I used a 2months bank statement of account that first started without showing the maintenance fund required (ie below the required maintenance fund), but had the maintenance fund from the 29th of June till date, is the statement of account okay?, Please help me out. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 5:08pm On Aug 12, 2011
nology
Couple of things you might get asked.
Can you show where deposits came from?
Salary or sponsorship from relative with backup papers.
They will be looking for accounts loaded then money all taken out again!!
UK schools are checking bank acc for funds when you get here.
If not enough the offer & visa cancelled
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:35pm On Aug 12, 2011
nology:

@Justwise and ell77 please I will like u guys to look into this.
I just went to print out my bank statement of account today, and it was a 2months bank statement (from 12th of June to 12th of August). At the beginning days/earlier days of the bank statement (ie on the 12th of June to 28th June) I dint have the required maintenance fund in my bank account, but I deposited more than the required amount on the 29th of June. Since the 29th of June, I have not gone below the minimum maintenance fund and won’t go below it until I apply and get my visa.

My question is this, since I used a 2months bank statement of account that first started without showing the maintenance fund required (ie below the required maintenance fund), but had the maintenance fund from the 29th of June till date, is the statement of account okay?, Please help me out. Thanks
There is nothing wrong with the bank statement, the 28days counting starts on the 29th of June when u deposited the required money, but you have to  apply before or by the 28th of this month.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2011
@justwise and worry246 Thanks! smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
TomClancy:

Finally got the notification that my visa processing is complete after some dreaded 18 working days of waiting. Hoping for a positive outcome as I plan my trip to Abuja to pick my passport and stuff next week.

good luck to you bro

@ dming,
hi, just visit the National Population Commission state office and request for a birth certificate. Go along with some supporting documents as proof of your date of birth ( I used my infant baptism certificate, school transcripts and international passports). You'd be given a form to fill, and the certificate will be prepared on the spot for you. For a certain age bracket, the service is free of charge but for some others, there is a service fee of a couple of thousands. Remember to not laminate the certificate after its been issued. Hope you'll find this little information helpful. Sorry for the late reply,

if you stay in lagos, can you post their address for me as i plan to go there next week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nkeco: 11:05pm On Aug 12, 2011
Please is any one applying for city of Wolverhampton college?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2011
@ dming, I don't stay in Lagos, but you could just visit the national population commission website, there you'd find their address at Lagos. Good luck on that,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by worry246(m): 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
nkeco:

Please is any one applying for city of Wolverhampton college?

College is good legitimate school
Wolverhampton town has large mixed race population.
Good mix of asian and afro / caribean food avaliable in market.
Yams spices peppers goat cow chicken all fresh.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2011
Hi everyone,

Good evening, please amongst we that are waiting for a visa application alert. please has anyone tried tracking on vfs website today using the reference number given to us? tried mine a couple of times today and it comes back with the message "ERROR Occured while performing operation !!!"

Please anyone tried his/hers. i need to confirm if this aint happening to me alone o

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Teamo2(f): 2:52pm On Aug 14, 2011
Last week Friday makes it 7 working days since I've submitted my visa application and I'm so scared dat I'm beginning to have nightmares about this visa stuff.
And d Uni I'm attending are resuming 3rd of next month.
I can't just wait 4 all dis 2 b ova(with good result sha, grin grin grin)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 6:16pm On Aug 14, 2011
Te-amo:

Last week Friday makes it 7 working days since I've submitted my visa application and I'm so scared dat I'm beginning to have nightmares about this visa stuff.
Keep yourself occupied with other things
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 14, 2011
Te-amo:

from all u av said, i dnt think u av any problems wit d forms u fill, let me av ur yahoo id so we cld rub mind, im always online u can just buzz me!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Bostin(m): 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
Is essex uni a good one,anybody here going there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by batu2sai: 11:20pm On Aug 15, 2011
Naira landers

I submitted my application today but i forgot to include an online printout page that would show the equivalent of my acct closing balance in pounds (OANDA currency converter). But I have well over the required amount as my acct balance. I hope this won't affect the application as I have provided all the important documents required.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
Feeling so good, secured the student visa at last!!! Thanks to the nairaland house for all their advice, keep it up.

@ boutimore, I think that message comes up occasionally, and that should be a technical problem - something totally unrelated to your visa processing, as it was in my experience.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nana28: 6:59am On Aug 16, 2011
batu2sai:

Naira landers

I submitted my application today but i forgot to include an online printout page that would show the equivalent of my acct closing balance in pounds (OANDA currency converter). But I have well over the required amount as my acct balance. I hope this won't affect the application as I have provided all the important documents required.

Thanks

It doesn't matter they will still check and verify. I did not include it in my application and i still got my visa!

@Bountimore just relax you will get your text soon
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 7:03am On Aug 16, 2011
@TomClancy I'm happy for you. So how many working days did urs take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dming(m): 7:18am On Aug 16, 2011
TomClancy:

Feeling so good, secured the student visa at last!!! Thanks to the nairaland house for all their advice, keep it up.

@ boutimore, I think that message comes up occasionally, and that should be a technical problem - something totally unrelated to your visa processing, as it was in my experience.
congrats
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by bountimore: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2011
@TomClancy, Nice one bro!, Congrats!, atleast u can rest a lil bit now I hope i get mine this week!, cheers pal!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sawyouwalk: 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2011
help praise the lord just got my visa today ooooo!!!!! am really glad and thanks to everyone, everyone stil expecting it will come thru. after 20 working days!!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by graciousme(f): 12:44pm On Aug 16, 2011
smiley congrats to all who have secured their visa and to those expecting i wish you success too.

the wait is really a serious issue !

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / General German Work And Family Re-union Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.