Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? (24809 Views)

Poll: Who is better between Drogba and Torres?

Drogba: 53% (57 votes)
Torres: 46% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea To Sell Torres For £15 Million ? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Who Is Better? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Whose Absence Will Have More Influence On The Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Talk2yeancah(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2009
Mehhhhhhhn Drogba is a threat to any defence anytime but EL-NINO is far more better than him
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by noblec1(m): 8:30am On Oct 03, 2009
Presently i'll prefer Drogba to Torres but I think Rooney is hotter than them this season. GO MAN U!!!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dexterg(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2009
At d mention of d name Didier evry defence must fall. Dat guy is irreplaceable! Torres is a good striker but definitely nt beta dan D D.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by father2father4eva(m): 8:43am On Oct 03, 2009
We will know that sooner smiley
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by denzel2009: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2009
There are few defenders that can hold Drogba down, but any detemined defender will easily cut Torres out of a game.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by fizzybaba(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2009
@ poster; same topic is being debated on bbc website.this tym to include wayne rooney

the truth is they are all great players with excceptional striking values;

drogba; can score from anywhere.(torres hardly can/does), better in the air. u would need at least 2 defenders to hold drogba down.scores free kick

torres.highy technical with natural ability.can count how many times have seen drogba dribble.torres got pace, better finishing than drogba

overall, i would go for torress.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:09am On Oct 03, 2009
Torres is marginally better.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by B11ladman: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2009
Though this strikers are getting the goal, but the are not technical in term of team play, they both possess the same scoring instinct. Tores is more likely to fade off in any game while The Drog is worst game will the be the tores's average. but i still recone with both striker. but i prefer technical strikers like Zlatan, Rooney, Raul, Klass Jan Hunteler, David Villa, Eto`o and anielka , Just to mention few, but i will still give cast my vote for drogba
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dani1luv: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2009
Drogba n Torrez ve few things in common. .

One. . Same style of hairstyle. .
two. .  They both play offside game. .
etc. .

But Torrez iz da best
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Nezan(m): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2009
You can hate Drogba, but he is one good attacker.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by r231(m): 10:22am On Oct 03, 2009
dani1luv:

Drogba n Torrez ve few things in common. .

One. . Same style of hairstyle. .
two. .  They both play offside game. .
etc. .

But Torrez iz da best

grin true
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by sammytb(m): 10:48am On Oct 03, 2009
Nope, but is a world class striker he can score 4rm any angle. Though can score 4rm any angle but torres is prefarably better.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by ayawori(m): 10:56am On Oct 03, 2009
Haba Torres is very good bu Drogba is d best cuz a match dat torres scores one drogba will score three . Torres depends on Gerrard sum tymes but Drogba can muscle anybody out. Drogba plays Free Kicks even if na 2 score sum tyes abeg na Drogab grin grin grin
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by ayawori(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2009
@khanye its not about scorin Three against Hull City n becoming barren against Fiorentina its About the goals dat Detemine d outcome of a match
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Shola2009(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2009
You simply cannot compare Drgba to Torres!.Torres's a legenddddddd!! at 18yrs old he became the captain of athletico madrid,carrying the whole team on his shoulders! who was drogba before he came to chelsea??,he had just 2 decent seasons in marsille and thats it. What else has he done
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by joxiri: 11:48am On Oct 03, 2009
so this debate has ended up on nairaland
well i think both players cannot be compaired drogba is the best in the world (aerial and physical strength) at what he does and torres is the best at what he does (instinct for goal, skill and pace) what they both lack is each others strength, having both of them in a team will be the best possible scenario though
Pepe reina recently said drogba can bring a ball down from anywhere in the pitch he must have been wishing he had drogba in is team
but we cant under-estimate torres skills, which drogba clearly lacks
but I think Drogba has the edge marginally and just because torres can be marked out in a game but i dnt think drogba can be marked out, if he is fully fit and concentrating, i dnt think theres any defender who can mark drogba.
but in the ideal world having both in a team will be what dreams are made of
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Utali(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2009
Deadly Drog Eke Ogba Drogba!!!

Torres comes 2nd
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tocdee(m): 12:15pm On Oct 03, 2009
mykali:

Torres is a man for small games.
i'm yet to see him devastate a Man Utd or Chelsea defence in a crucial tie

Drogba can be counted on in the big stage
against Arsenal numerous times, against Liverpool towards Moscow
Drogba is sure to deliver

IF i wanted a striker to give me a comfortable goal's difference in the league . . .Torres
if i wanted a striker to win me a big match . . .Drogba

You're sooo lazy!! Do some research! Torres scores against Chelsea for fun and totally devastated United's Vidic in March. Scored the most important goal in the last Euros. Scored against Inter, Arsenal, Porto, Chelsea in the Champions League. Scored twice in the last Merseyside Derby at Goodison Park!! Do games come much bigger than these? tool! angry angry

I've heard people criticize him for his performances for Spain citing his lack of goals. I watch ALL Spain's matches. Villa scores a lot when he's partnered with Torres because Torres is ALWAYS man-marked giving Villa more room to operate and Spain don't play to his strengths.

That said, Drogba scores in big matches too and is an excellent striker BUT at Torres' age, he was an unknown.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tocdee(m): 12:17pm On Oct 03, 2009
ayawori:

Haba Torres is very good bu Drogba is d best cuz a match dat torres scores one drogba will score three . Torres depends on Gerrard sum tymes but Drogba can muscle anybody out. Drogba plays Free Kicks even if na 2 score sum tyes abeg na Drogab grin grin grin

LOL!! Torres has scored 5 times against Chelsea in the past 2 years!! Drogba has scored 3 against Liverpool in the same time! And Torres missed some games via injury! grin grin grin grin

TORRRRREEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by praxx(m): 12:31pm On Oct 03, 2009
I will go for Drogba any day any time. The both have a fantastic goal scoring record when they are in form but drogba helps the defence and thats something torres and some other strikers cannot do(i stand to be corrected).
I don't want to talk about injury plague.
I will have DD in my team always.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Shaunscot(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2009
tocdee:

You're sooo lazy!! Do some research! Torres scores against Chelsea for fun and totally devastated United's Vidic in March. Scored the most important goal in the last Euros. Scored against Inter, Arsenal, Porto, Chelsea in the Champions League. Scored twice in the last Merseyside Derby at Goodison Park!! Do games come much bigger than these? tool! angry angry

I've heard people criticize him for his performances for Spain citing his lack of goals. I watch ALL Spain's matches. Villa scores a lot when he's partnered with Torres because Torres is ALWAYS man-marked giving Villa more room to operate and Spain don't play to his strengths.

That said, Drogba scores in big matches too and is an excellent striker BUT at Torres' age, he was an unknown.

I agree with everything u've said except the highlighted bit.
Villa is the one who gets man marked and Torres is the point man for Spain.
Villa gets more goals cos he has a knack for openings space and the goal.He is also better than Torres at losing defenders.
having corrected that, I'll go with Torres over Drogs anytime.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Dclique(m): 1:37pm On Oct 03, 2009
torres!!!! ;d ;d ;d
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dani1luv: 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2009
r231:

grin true

Yes naa true b4. . . .

IF torrez catch em' defence ehn. . . na wahala

Same applies 2 drogba. . em' 2 wiked sef cheesy
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by IFELEKE(m): 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2009
Topic,
Comparing both is like matching death with sickness. . .Torres is way better!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dani1luv: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2009
cool umph
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 3:36pm On Oct 03, 2009
tocdee:

I was about to reply to this post until I saw the post below

Shaunscot:

Villa is the one who gets man marked and Torres is the point man for Spain.
Villa gets more goals cos he has a knack for openings space and the goal.He is also better than Torres at losing defenders.
Thank u jare. Villa is also more clinical in front of the goal and more skilful.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 4:30pm On Oct 03, 2009
To those who said Drogba was nothing before coming to Chelsea.

In 2004 Drog was the highest goal scorer in UEFA competitions and the hottest striker in Europe.

Torres before coming to Liverpool averaged 15 goals a season.

Moreover he is a monumental failure for the National team.

DROGBBAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by ritchboy(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2009
and to those who say droga cant be marked out of a game, i remember vidic shutting him out COMPLETELY in the ucl final. . . The poor lad was so frustrated he decided to physically assault nemanja!
To put it in his own words, drogba is "a fukcing disgrace!" grin
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by bgees(m): 5:06pm On Oct 03, 2009
Torress over Divin' Drogba. the only advantage Drogba has over Torress is physical strength.

Torress over Villa too!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 5:26pm On Oct 03, 2009
bgees:

Torress over Divin' Drogba. the only advantage Drogba has over Torress is physical strength.

Torress over Villa too!
Dream on nucca wink.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by myside: 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2009
king el nino. enuf said. the stats speak loud nd clear. im a chelski fan and have a natural hatred for liverfool, but this pink faced boy from spain is got me hooked on him. hes currently the best striker in heaven much less earth.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by 55gal(m): 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2009
Drobga grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Northampton Town Vs Manchester United :League Cup (1 - 3) On 21st Sept 2016 / Southampton Vs Manchester City - ( 1 - 0) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.