Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? (24806 Views)

Poll: Who is better between Drogba and Torres?

Drogba: 53% (57 votes)
Torres: 46% (49 votes)
This poll has ended

Chelsea To Sell Torres For £15 Million ? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Who Is Better? / Drogba Vs Rooney: Whose Absence Will Have More Influence On The Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Shaunscot(m): 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2009
bgees:

Torress over Divin' Drogba. the only advantage Drogba has over Torress is physical strength.

Torress over Villa too!

El Nino over El Guaje?
You must either be a bad coach ,you dont know didly squat about soccer or you just have the hots for Torres.

The only advantage Torres has over Villa is his height but that dont even mean Villa dont score headers.

Anyway, each man to his own.

Villa can only be compared to the likes of Eto'o and I'd even argue that one.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by joxiri: 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2009
can people please remember to vote at the top of the page
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tocdee(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2009
Shaunscot:

El Nino over El Guaje?
You must either be a bad coach ,you dont know didly squat about soccer or you just have the hots for Torres.

The only advantage Torres has over Villa is his height but that dont even mean Villa dont score headers.

Anyway, each man to his own.

Villa can only be compared to the likes of Eto'o and I'd even argue that one.

Of course you'd argue every other thing apart from the issue being discussed here! grin grin
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 03, 2009
can all the monkeys and baboons pls answer the question about torres and drogba and stop bringing in other players like villa, eto,guiza and my dick. whenever they ask about the others, you give ur answer to that, for now its drogba and torres. shitheads.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dlox01(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2009
the fear of drogba is the begining of,
drogba is better dan torres,there is no match drogba is ever written off,torres fades away in crucial matches like c ronaldo!!drogba all da way jor, besides torres is shit in spain,we all saw him play shit in confed cup but check drog out in his home crack it up,abegi 4get,in liverpool he gets all da help he cant even struggle for ball, if drog was getting all that he would be avreaging 40 goals or something!
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 1:44am On Oct 04, 2009
al-qaeda:

can all the monkeys and baboons pls answer the question about torres and drogba and stop bringing in other players like villa, eto,guiza and my privates. whenever they ask about the others, you give your answer to that, for now its drogba and torres. shitheads.
Wetin dey worry you ehn? U dey craze abi dem swear for 4 u? Mind yaself oooo *Shior,nonsense*
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tocdee(m): 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2009
chic2pimp:

Wetin dey worry you ehn? U dey craze abi dem swear for 4 u? Mind yaself oooo *Shior,nonsense*

Guilty
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by tocdee(m): 1:24pm On Oct 04, 2009
dlox01:

the fear of drogba is the begining of,
drogba is better dan torres,there is no match drogba is ever written off,torres fades away in crucial matches like c ronaldo!!drogba all da way jor, besides torres is shit in spain,we all saw him play shit in confed cup but check drog out in his home crack it up,abegi 4get,in liverpool he gets all da help he cant even struggle for ball, if drog was getting all that he would be avreaging 40 goals or something!

Shithead with shitty grammar.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by eldeking: 1:34pm On Oct 04, 2009
m a chelsea fan wit jersey #81 El John King, But abeg I giv it to Fernado-do-do Torres, the guy wit magic legs, sharp turns, the man dat can destroy any defence without support frm no other playa.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Oct 04, 2009
Why is Torres so shitty for his National team?
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 4:17pm On Oct 04, 2009
^^^^ C'mon now,he ain't exactly shitty. Okay,may be he shoulda scored more international goals however didn't he score the winning goal in Euro 2008? undecided undecided undecided

tocdee:

Guilty
Nah. The Bobo just vex me jare.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by joxiri: 5:58pm On Oct 04, 2009
right this thread should be deleted because its obvious who is better now, when drogba does not score he creates but like i ve previously said torres can be marked out of a game like he was today end of.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by myside: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2009
did u guys see 2days match. livfool failed the drog test.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by phizman(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2009
Drogba is a striker with a big heart, rugged to d core.
Torres is good but too ajebolic 4 my liking. He shld be compared to N. Anelka & NOT Baba Drogba.

Drogba is a better complete striker anytime anyday.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by stede(m): 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2009
as a futball fan i will prefer TORRES because his reflex ar so sharp but if i for a DO or DIE game THE DROGBA WILL BE OF GOOD IMPORTANCE DUE TO THE FOLLOWING REASONS
- DROGBA IS TRICKISH
- DROG IS VERY VERY SMART
- THE DROG IS STORG & AGILE COMPARED TO TORRES
LASTLY DROG IS MOUNT PRESSURE ON THE OPPONENTS.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2009
@chickenshrimp,

Just like Charisteas scored the winning goal at the Euro 2004. If not for Villas goals they wouldnt have played the finals to start with.

Drogba has shown it again today, 2 assists where was Torres?
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by wolexojo(m): 8:40pm On Oct 04, 2009
Roll Call please,
Didier Drogba, "present sir"
Fernando torres,
Fernando Torres, Absent please.
Torres was just absent in the march,drogba is far far better
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by cliveland: 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2009
well i guess at the end of 90mins u knew d anwser??

two assist n 2 goals from d "King" himself. what better way to anwsert ur qtn. u will always walk alone.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 1:49am On Oct 05, 2009
dayokanu:

@chickenshrimp,

Just like Charisteas scored the winning goal at the Euro 2004. If not for Villas goals they wouldnt have played the finals to start with.

Drogba has shown it again today, 2 assists where was Torres?
And if it wasn't for Nando's goals they would not have won the tournament(years of underachievement woulda been extended for @ least another 2 years). You should be comparing Charisteas with Bolton's Kevin Davies not Torres.

BTW,we should not judge both strikers based on their performance 2day as chelsea were clearly the better team and Nando also had an off day.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Krayola(m): 3:33am On Oct 05, 2009
On NL a player is only as good as his last performance. And God forbid his team loses it's all that player's fault. The other 10 players and the tactics have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dayokanu(m): 4:09am On Oct 05, 2009
A player is as good as his last match else Ronaldinho would be the hottest property in world football for the next 10 years for his performances 3-4 seasons ago
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Krayola(m): 4:29am On Oct 05, 2009
So one bad game and a player's career reputation goes down the drain?

Messi was shambolic in his last few games for Argentina. They need to revoke his citizenship
Eto'o ain't done shit for Inter lately
Robben is useless
Miroslav who, what, for where?
Diego, that useless Arrow
Kaka is such a waste of space
Benzema must be shipped out of Madrid 1st thing in the morning
Fabregas is currently the best midfielder on the planet
Pedro is one of the top strikers in Europe
Navas shits all over Robben, or Ribery. Both sef
should i keep going?  grin
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by chic2pimp(m): 5:24am On Oct 05, 2009
Krayola:

On NL a player is only as good as his last performance. And God forbid his team loses it's all that player's fault. The other 10 players and the tactics have absolutely nothing to do with it.
Well,I personally don't see anything wrong with that statement especially if the player happens to go by the name of Ibrahim tongue tongue grin.

dayokanu:

A player is as good as his last match else Ronaldinho would be the hottest property in world football for the next 10 years for his performances 3-4 seasons ago
Useless analogy.

Krayola:

So one bad game and a player's career reputation goes down the drain?

Messi was shambolic in his last few games for Argentina. They need to revoke his citizenship
Eto'o ain't done shit for Inter lately
Robben is useless
Miroslav who, what, for where?
Diego, that useless Arrow
Kaka is such a waste of space
Benzema must be shipped out of Madrid 1st thing in the morning
Fabregas is currently the best midfielder on the planet
Pedro is one of the top strikers in Europe
Navas shits all over Robben, or Ribery. Both sef
should i keep going? grin
Keep going jare cool.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by mbulela: 7:41am On Oct 05, 2009
Didier Drogba.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by dlox01(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2009
tocdee:

Shithead with shitty grammar.

i would really love to see/read through the value u have added to this thread, u low life condition bend crayfish son of a, !!!!!
u cant even put a constructive statement down to back ur blabber lips!!
please avoid replying my veiws or u might just be as useless as toress at stamford bridge!! angry grin
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by mykali(m): 12:25pm On Oct 05, 2009
Men that last reply was ugly
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by cliveland: 1:01pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ posters n repliers,

y 4 heavens sake we cant act like adults i pray we all are do we have to insult swear eachtime, its just a simple pool of who is better than who, neither of them is a blood relation of any naija on this forum, than we support them/clubs doesnt mean we shd insult ourselves, our personal opinions of anything doesnt make anyless better or worse, na wah pllsssssssssss make una take am easy ooo e fi be say d person wey u dey bash here na ur paddy sef ooo
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Czarskit(m): 1:33pm On Oct 05, 2009
Una dey mad?! For where Wayne Rooney dey. . .
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by cliveland: 1:41pm On Oct 05, 2009
@czarskit!!!!!!!

shocked shocked shocked

we dey ask 4 people wey get leg u run go carry shoe/boot na wah, if to say roooooney tall we for see am, pele, pele nndo, pee, soorry. grin angry

when we are comparing "short "/undersize attackers we go see ur man, for now na able-boddied men we dey discuss here, laffff won kill man pickin ooooooooooo
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2009
Who has the smile?

The pix says it all.

Drog rules the EPL attack.

Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Cristalz(f): 3:44pm On Oct 05, 2009
cliveland:

@ posters n repliers,

y 4 heavens sake we cant act like adults i pray we all are do we have to insult swear eachtime, its just a simple pool of who is better than who, neither of them is a blood relation of any naija on this forum, than we support them/clubs doesnt mean we shd insult ourselves, our personal opinions of anything doesnt make anyless better or worse, na wah pllsssssssssss make una take am easy ooo e fi be say d person wey u dey bash here na your paddy sef ooo

LOL grin
Nuff said.

@Topic
Someone here said the only advantage Drogba has got over Torres is his strength.  .  .I agree.

Fernando has got in-built quality skillz and absolute class. All you've gotta do is watch him when hez rolling.
Dribbling, football intelligence, agility, scoring.  .  .hez pure genius. His problem is his fragility. Also, once he is tightly marked, hez quiet.

Drogba is not as skilled as 'Nando, but he can muscle his way through any defense line and get the ball in. Defenders are scared of Drog 'cos when they tackle him, they're the ones more likely to come out with something broken. Very hard to mark Drog.

Ask yourselves, when you admire Drogba's goals what's the first thing that stands out? It's usually the way he muscled his way past defenders and applied his head or leg to the ball at the right time.
When you admire Torres' goals, you admire the sheer beauty of his moves, dribbles, and the way he wickedly curved or slammed or lifted the ball in.

Thing here is, Drogba makes up for what he lacks skill-wise with his strength and that chest control move of his. Of course he is skilled, but Torres is the more rounded footballer.
Drogba is a painter. . .Torres is an artist. Pick whichever works best for ya. grin
My opinion.
Re: Drogba Vs Torres. Who's The Best? by Gekko(m): 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2009
Cristalz:

LOL grin
Nuff said.

@Topic
Someone here said the only advantage Drogba has got over Torres is his strength.  .  .I agree.

Fernando has got in-built quality skillz and absolute class. All you've gotta do is watch him when hez rolling.
Dribbling, football intelligence, agility, scoring.  .  .hez pure genius. His problem is his fragility. Also, once he is tightly marked, hez quiet.

Drogba is not as skilled as 'Nando, but he can muscle his way through any defense line and get the ball in. Defenders are scared of Drog 'cos when they tackle him, they're the ones more likely to come out with something broken. Very hard to mark Drog.

Ask yourselves, when you admire Drogba's goals what's the first thing that stands out? It's usually the way he muscled his way past defenders and applied his head or leg to the ball at the right time.
When you admire Torres' goals, you admire the sheer beauty of his moves, dribbles, and the way he wickedly curved or slammed or lifted the ball in.

Thing here is, Drogba makes up for what he lacks skill-wise with his strength and that chest control move of his. Of course he is skilled, but Torres is the more rounded footballer.
Drogba is a painter. . .Torres is an artist. Pick whichever works best for ya. grin
My opinion.

So who is better?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Maccabi Tel Aviv: UCL (4 - 0) On 16th September 2015 / Northampton Town Vs Manchester United :League Cup (1 - 3) On 21st Sept 2016 / Southampton Vs Manchester City - ( 1 - 0) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.