Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (249368 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by CurrypiodoCus: 10:48am On May 13, 2010
Kim Kardashian' s official MySpace page. Kimberly Kardashian' s Playlist. Log in to listen to this playlist or follow the links below to hear individual songs and albums.17 Feb 2010 Kim Kardashian was seated next to an air marshal on a flight to LA and Tweeted:
see more: Kim Kardashian Sex Tape Video

also:
Kim Kardashian Uncut Sex Tape
Watch Kim Kardashian Sex Tape
Real Kim Kardashian Sextape
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by titipexy: 11:45am On May 13, 2010
Guys its like infinity package hz started 4real on arabsat 2b 12545H 20880 just rescan to gt picture.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by figment232(m): 12:31pm On May 13, 2010
@all plz i am planning to buy a fairly used 1.8mesh dish from somebody,but on inspection of dish i noticed that d surface of the dish is peeling off.Is it dat the dish is bad or can it be worked on.plz i need u advice.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:38pm On May 13, 2010
jujukemist:

george d nawa! I have been lookin for you. I sent you a cngrats you no reply?

@jujukemist,
My brother! Sorry abeg no vex. I didn't see your congrats.
Thanks all the same for reachig out. The thing no easy. Na road test I dey since last week.
No be small thing ooooo! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:43pm On May 13, 2010
@figment,
That fairly used 1.8m dish is still ok. All you need to do is refurbish it. That thing you see peeling off is the surface aluminium foil which can be replaced by fibre makers.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 2:08pm On May 13, 2010
figment232:

@all plz i am planning to buy a fairly used 1.8mesh dish from somebody,but on inspection of dish i noticed that d surface of the dish is peeling off.Is it dat the dish is bad or can it be worked on.plz i need u advice.
why not 2.4 m and above to join the likes of Gorge-D in nilesat.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:47pm On May 13, 2010
George_D:

@figment,
That fairly used 1.8m dish is still ok. All you need to do is refurbish it. That thing you see peeling off is the surface aluminium foil which can be replaced by fibre makers.

listen to ikeduru
it will be a wise move
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2010
@all. Hi guys.You are doing a great job.Keep it up! @george d. How can i reach you?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chuk101(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2010
Hi guys mytv africa is fta rescan your decoders for all their channels
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2010
some times they d release their channels for free view for promo reason, so don't get over excited.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:09pm On May 13, 2010
blexxonmak:

@all. Hi guys.You are doing a great job.Keep it up! @george d. How can i reach you?

@blexxonmak,
Sorry, i'm in the jungle at present. But if you drop your line, I promise to call.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 8:01pm On May 13, 2010
ikeduru:

why not 2.4 m and above to join the likes of Gorge-D in nilesat.
na money go determine d size of dish he wil go for,he shd start wit that 1.8m and later may b he wil upgrade to 2.4m or 3m
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 9:33pm On May 13, 2010
Oga olofofo, which wil b beta 4 nilesat in lag, 2.4m pan or fibre.wil i get hotbird wit 2.4m in lag? Tnx boss
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2010
olatufu:

Oga olofofo, which wil b beta 4 nilesat in lag, 2.4m pan or fibre.wil i get hotbird wit 2.4m in lag? Tnx boss

what you can get is 2.6 fibre and it's better than 2.4 pan. yes you can get hotbird with 2.4m in lagos. if yo uhave the cash and space, just close your eyes and go for a 3m instead.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olatufu(m): 11:54pm On May 13, 2010
@ oga olofofo, i app ur advice.dr's cash bt space is my prob.wil cal u 2day sir. Mornin house.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 3:21am On May 14, 2010
@George_D:
Hello Sir George:
Please, what is difference between and MPEG4 receiver like SRT4669x and an HD receiver? I ask this because HD receivers are supposed to be MPEG4, DVB – S2 and the SRT4669x has these characteristics. Still it is not considered HD
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lastpage: 3:31am On May 14, 2010
I greet with a big "idobale" to all the "gurus" and all the selfless giants in da house.
You wont believe it, l have been reading from "Season 1, now up to Season 4!
The more l read, the more l enjoy, the more you guys write and its so wonderful that Naija have people like you!
As soo proud of y'all.

I am a "Cable box" (Eurovox, Dreambox, DigiVox, e.t.c)  person as its only Cable we have in my current place.

I just want to appreciate u guys for now.
Lovely World cup ahead.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:23am On May 14, 2010
@ lastpage,
na burundi u dey?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lastpage: 9:35am On May 14, 2010
^^^^^^Na so u like me reach? cry crygrin
Naaaah, currently in U.K, West Sussex area.

I am planning to land Lagos in a few weeks time and am wondering how l am going to ensure l dont miss my footie!
Am still looking for help on which STBox to buy for Lagos?
From discussions between "gurus" like you, George, Olofofo, e.t.c l am leaning towards "Starsat" or "Strong" but not sure which is better in the long run. I wouldn't mind spending a little extra just to get something less stressful as "Madam" is in on the gist as well grin

From my own little experience, apart from getting the correct alignment on your dish, l think he choice of box is the next crucial thing. Am l right?

And l am amazed at those DIY "engineering" that George did in Season 3 or early season 4! Shows loadz of ingenuity.

Honestly, u guys are "Da Bomb"!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 11:37am On May 14, 2010
@george d. 08036166686. Thanks
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 11:57am On May 14, 2010
lovala:

@George_D:
Hello Sir George:
Please, what is difference between and MPEG4 receiver like SRT4669x and an HD receiver? I ask this because HD receivers are supposed to be MPEG4, DVB – S2 and the SRT4669x has these characteristics. Still it is not considered HD

Quote from: obnelly on September 22, 2009, 12:21 PM
pito, can SD work like HD.
@ Obnelly

SD can not decode HD.
What you should understand is that you have DVB-S, MPEG-2 and DVB-S2, MPEG4 which are transmission streaming/broadcasting format,
while SD and HD refers to Picture quality in layman's terms. Now with MPEG4 compression, more channels can be transmitted in a single frequency than MPEG2.

Now lets take a look at Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD), to cut a long narration short, for you to view TV there are dots on the TV screen, (approximately 625 lines) now as the screen gets bigger, the picture gets poor. Also if you view some standard definition pictures on HD most little details will be seen.

The discovery of DVB-S2, MPEG4 coincided with HD, so it became associated. Previously, there was a problem with transmitting in HD because only one channel can be carried by a single transponder at a time, whereas the same transponder could be used to carry multiple SD signals.

to cut the long narration. some satellite receiver manufacturers already started manufacturing boxes that could receive DVB-S2 SD signals also there are DVB-S HD receivers but they where discontinued since it was not good economically from the manufacturers point as more people where shifting already to HD.

Currently all Multi-TV signals are SD transmitted in DVB-S2, MPEG4 QPSK format that's why it can be received with SD decoders but no video only Audio while Daarsat has only one HD Channel "Luxe TV HD" the rest are in SD but transmitted in DVB-S2, MPEG4 8PSK .

Don't forget that almost all tellys in nigeria are SD, except you own a Plasma or LCD TV
lovala:

@George_D:
Hello Sir George:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=242036.msg4590820#msg4590820
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by jujukemist(m): 1:11pm On May 14, 2010
Enitan I greet you, how are you? grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 2:03pm On May 14, 2010
@Ikefra. In one of your posts,you talked about nilesat reception at PH with 3m mesh (orbitron) and fuji lnbf.Please could you apply the same set up to badr4,6 and report your findings to the house. Shalom!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Lov4sat(m): 2:19pm On May 14, 2010
titipexy:

Guys its like infinity package hz started 4real on arabsat 2b 12545H 20880 just rescan to gt picture.

Please can one track this satellite with a 90cm dish in Port Harcourt, if yes how do one go about it?
Thanks smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Lov4sat(m): 2:28pm On May 14, 2010
chuk101:

it is confirmed that mytv channels are now FTA because they are migrating to mpeg 4 digital broadcasting.
I believe as soon as the migrate is complete they will encrypt the channels again
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 2:33pm On May 14, 2010
@ all,its like the infinity tv doesnt pop out on Daarsat decoder,i can see loveworldplus only.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:09pm On May 14, 2010
@ sun-sat
loveworld plus is just one of the offering that infinity has , just auto scan on your daar box other channels should pop up.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by konami001: 4:43pm On May 14, 2010
@ALL
Anyone who can help to make my microbox work? I bought one from Kano and stupidly
upgraded it to a lower version::: from v1.30 to v1.29, e nor gree work again, Any help
to upgrade am back to v1.30, anybody with the software or who can do it, pls alert me,
Thanks,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 4:55pm On May 14, 2010
@ George

Please which position is this C-lnb skewed to 10 O’clock or ?

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikeduru: 6:27pm On May 14, 2010
@Blexxonmak, I am using 2.4m comstar mesh dish . Since
i asked George-D of any posibility of getting nilesat with
it; he said 'NO'and i dropped the project . It was Ikefra from port who claimed to have received nilesat with 3m mesh dish using
Fuji lnb .
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lastpage: 6:35pm On May 14, 2010
microgiant,
Pls can you tell me what make/size/cost/type (pan or fiber?) of that dish u have in that post up there?
I just fell in love with it.

Tanks Bro.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 14, 2010
@ micro,
thats surely 10 O' clock
konami001:

@ALL
Anyone who can help to make my microbox work? I bought one from Kano and stupidly
upgraded it to a lower version::: from v1.30 to v1.29, e nor gree work again, Any help
to upgrade am back to v1.30, anybody with the software or who can do it, pls alert me,
Thanks,

why on earth could you have upgraded your decoder? Let me just keep quiet for now

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.