Stats: 3,165,397 members, 7,861,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:48 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250654 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:16am On May 19, 2010
@adewest,
@freshp,

If that claim is really true then it means ORBITRON remains the best mesh dish ever. Its a pity its no longer available in the market. Before I finally settled for COMSTAR, I searched for that dish like crazy but to no avail.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 12:42pm On May 19, 2010
@George
i still think that the man has finally dropped the dish.
May be when next i travell home i will check on the man, and if still available i will negotiate for you.
but it will have to be sometimes in the next 6 months.
LONG LIVE FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 2:48pm On May 19, 2010
@freshp,
Six month is a long time oooo! but anyway sha if that's how long I need to wait to lay my hands on that majic ORBITRON maybe I won't mind at all! smiley
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikefra(m): 6:31pm On May 19, 2010
@IRADAPA ArabSat is the same as Badr 4 and my Fox Movie is 74% ,MBCs 62% ,MTV Arabia 54% ,BBC and Euro News 60% ,JSCs 60% ,Dubia One 56% the highest is 92% and that should be Saudi TVs.

My location is Portharcourt.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:19pm On May 19, 2010
ricki:

Does that mean if i bring my SKY HD box + full subscription card down to niga I can use it? I currently have two I am not using at the moment.
I have a lot of kits in the garage that i will like to play with in niga.
If it works, all I need is to dust my HD projector and bring it down too.

??
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by evanodon: 8:30pm On May 19, 2010
u guys are doing a good job do u know that i came across this forum by accident i fell in love with fta, which made me to follow the thread from part 1 till date i can tell u dat after reading through i nailed mytv, siruis at 4.8, eutelsat w3 at 7 degree,astra 2b i really appreciate ur guidance i hope to contribute my own quota as soon as possible
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 8:36pm On May 19, 2010
@George
its not my fault.i wish it could b earlier.its just that my next vac 4rm office is around that time.but if anything comes up i will let u know.
@ evanodon
thank u jare
thats the spirit.welcome 2 d wrld of FTA.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by araoye(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2010
Guy pls i need ur help, im a newbie, i use a hitv conax decoder, but also install another dish which i use for malagasy stations, i get only mbc3 and mbc1. My question is can i get other fta with my 80cm dish using the direction of hitv dish
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 11:39pm On May 19, 2010
@Ikefra. Thanks for throwing more light on reception of nilesat/badr in PH using an orbitron dish.Please could you tell me the kind of set up you are using-fixed or motorised orbitron dish?? @George d. Orbitron dishes are still much available. Check Telsat NZ.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 11:56pm On May 19, 2010
@badaru1,dejsam,olofofo,adewest,pitodenz,george d. Has anyone put the new Stargold Fuji HD Ready LNB to test. It is being speculated that it gives better result as compared to Fuji 0.3 lnb,premium laser,etc. Can anyone comfirm this.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 7:57am On May 20, 2010
blexxonmak:

@badaru1,dejsam,olofofo,adewest,pitodenz,george d. Has anyone put the new Stargold Fuji HD Ready LNB to test. It is being speculated that it gives better result as compared to Fuji 0.3 lnb,premium laser,etc. Can anyone comfirm this.

There is no such thing as a HD ready LNB. LNB is LNB. all that you see on the pack is a marketting ploy, if they doubt it, ask them to show you a LNB that is not HD ready. The stargold LNB remains a good LNB, but what i notice of late is there so many variations of the same product, so it's really hard to keep track of what is the real thing, imagine the same stargold repackaged as Digisat Prime focus or our good old santek repackaged as FOCUS. my advice is that whtever works for you, you should stick to.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 11:54am On May 20, 2010
blexxonmak:

@George d. Orbitron dishes are still much available. Check Telstar NZ.

blexxonmak,
I'm interested in the 3m orbitron. Kindly help me find out its availability and pricing. Ever since I was told that they went out of the market years back, I never bothered to make any enquiries again. I guess our satellite equipment dealers are more comfortable flooding the market with COMSTAR dishes. Maybe it moves market for them better.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 3:56pm On May 20, 2010
@olofofo. You are very correct. There is nothing like hd ready lnb.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2010
@george d. Check the following link: http://www.telsat.com/ant.htm
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 4:42pm On May 20, 2010
@blexxonmak,
That website isn't of much use to me. Look at their opening statement:

"Please note the ORBITRON range of Antennas have been discontinued except for the 16ft (5m) and 27ft (7m) models which are reconised as the only quality mesh antennas available. This page is intended for reference purposes only."

When you said orbitron dishes "are still very much available" I was thinking your refering to their availability in the Nigerian market just like comstar, strong etc. I wasn't looking at ordering them from abroad. And I don't really need a 5m mesh of any kind for now. grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Sunsat(m): 4:52pm On May 20, 2010
donald303:

sunsat
65cm in alaba intl.ojo is 1.5k
90cm is 2.5k
supermax ku lnb is 500naira
1roll rg6 is 550naira
oshodi market can be 200naira costlier.
thanks donald303, onitsha top their price with 200 naira in all and what they have is space and not strong pan
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 5:08pm On May 20, 2010
George thanks but those guys have nothing now,I should not have giving mine away when 69x came out ,now am looking for it like mad,even second hand I will buy.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by odilibe(m): 6:12pm On May 20, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:52pm On May 20, 2010
@sayso,
No be small thing ooo! Daarbox na hotcake now oooo! The stone the builders rejected! grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 7:14pm On May 20, 2010
Hello all,
what's the big deal about this Daarbox stuff why is everyone crazy about it?, a friend of mine who got into daarsat buz then has some, he was selling the complete equipment @18k but because the demand went high started selling the box alone for 18k thouth he can't understand why guys are intrested
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 7:20pm On May 20, 2010
@ George D
could you please open my eyes to the daarbox stuff maybe i should ask my friend to retain one for me.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by williams85(m): 10:29pm On May 20, 2010
if so be the case, i'm going to collect my daarbox at N9500. First thing tomorrow morning. tongue
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 12:22am On May 21, 2010
@olofofo
my pet brother told me how hospitable & complete gentlemanly you are when he came for the exchange. he has since taken one of the packages down to school in akure for irapada.
thanks for your cooperation.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 2:39am On May 21, 2010
@irapada
borderline jnr.said you were at his zone yesterday.he asked me to appreciate you greatly.feel free to call me anytime you come to lagos.big up to you.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 7:42am On May 21, 2010
@george d. Why the sudden craze about daarsat box? Is there something i should know?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Malix: 7:56am On May 21, 2010
Suddenly Daarbox has bcom a precious gem.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 8:36am On May 21, 2010
sholasong:

Hello all,
what's the big deal about this Daarbox stuff why is everyone crazy about it?, a friend of mine who got into daarsat buz then has some, he was selling the complete equipment @18k but because the demand went high started selling the box alone for 18k thouth he can't understand why guys are intrested

bros I need that Box,can you get me your friends number now?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 9:30am On May 21, 2010
@all
Are we sure we are not missing somthing?
Last week I went to my friend's shop -who is a dealer, to make inquiry on certain feature of Daarbox, to my surprise, he told me " dem don buy them finish".
Daar box that were lying his shop unattended to.
I became suspicious that how come people start buying the box so rapidly.
Could it be an indication of a surprise ree----------ttt------------nn?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Lov4sat(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2010
GURUS in the house I greet you all,

I beg somebody should help me with info on how to upgrade my SRT 4653X strong decoder using RS232 cable with a computer.
I once visited strong website and follow the instruction on the site but my computer could not see the decoder connected through the RS232 cable, Pls I need a way forward. Thanks undecided
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chris7272: 11:12am On May 21, 2010
@all
pls. let me know the function of daarsat to that of 499x did daarsat have the fasility of fta if it as l would rather go for it some kindly advice

thank
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sayso: 11:39am On May 21, 2010
chris7272:

@all
pls. let me know the function of daarsat to that of 499x did daarsat have the fasility of fta if it as l would rather go for it some kindly advice

thank

it has FTA features,where can you see the Decoder?are you in PH or Warri or south south/east area?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by chris7272: 11:58am On May 21, 2010
@all

thank

sayso
from lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread