Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,151 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:49 AM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250657 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by konami001: 7:18pm On May 14, 2010
enitan2002:

@ micro,
thats surely 10 O' clock
why on earth could you have upgraded your decoder? Let me just keep quiet for now

I tire o jare, how can one repair something that is already good, please dont keep quiet, render me the help you can first,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:20pm On May 14, 2010
@microgiant,
Depends on the c band lnb your using. If it is SUPERMAX EXTENDED C band, skew the lnb at 2 o'clock
but if it is STRONG C band, skew the lnb at 10 o'clock.

@blexxonmak,
I got your number now. Will call you shortly.

@jujukemist,
How's that your off-roader plans? I know you'll soon launch something sweet from the inspiration your
getting day by day in that section!  wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 7:36pm On May 14, 2010
Lov4sat:

Please can one track this satellite with a 90cm dish in Port Harcourt, if yes how do one go about it?
Thanks smiley

@Lov4sat,
If its confirmed that tp on Arabsat 2b is active then I think one can track it with a 90cm dish. All DTH beams are meant to be tracked with dishes 90cm or less.

As for how to go about it, just track Astra 2B and move your dish a litle bit downwards to your left (standing behind the dish). Both satellites are almost in the same position and when your at astra 2b, you can almost see the signal bars for arabsat 2b breathing (they are just 2.3 degrees apart).
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:52pm On May 14, 2010
@konami001

100% certain that the software i forwarded to you works, try cleaning the microbox first before loading the patch, it is wrong to assume that only version 1.30 works, my version 1.29 is still rocking.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 9:33pm On May 14, 2010
@Sir George, no forget my question o.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 11:02pm On May 14, 2010
@ALL
If you were about shouting “hurray, MyTv is now free to air”, just hold your breathe ‘cos the channels have all gone back to their normal status: encrypted.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 4:57am On May 15, 2010
@ Ifende/Spacevice,

both of you share this same great day as part of your existence on earth, i'm wishing you both Happy Birthday and Long Live!!!!!!!!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 5:18am On May 15, 2010
@Sir George,olofofo,enita,all the gurus,pls my question is can I receive any other channel on astra 2b using 1.8m dish apart from multi tv and infinity tv.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by konami001: 5:36am On May 15, 2010
olofofo:

@konami001

100% certain that the software i forwarded to you works, try cleaning the microbox first before loading the patch, it is wrong to assume that only version 1.30 works, my version 1.29 is still rocking.

@olofofo
ok, Thanks for letting me know this, I will clean and update and get back to you,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by donald303: 6:35am On May 15, 2010
@george
pls can i nail the c-band staions on ew2a(those startime stations) with a c-band lnb that has dielectric in its throat
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 6:50am On May 15, 2010
@george d, olofofo & enitan. How much does the mi***box go for and how can i get one? It seems there are many shylocks out there. @george d. I'm still expecting your call.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by blexxonmak(m): 7:07am On May 15, 2010
@donald303. The answer is yes you can,though the channels are $$$$$
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by microgiant: 7:53am On May 15, 2010
Happy birthday to the great Ifende and spacevice wish you many more years of happy tracking.

@ George&Enitan
You won't believe I have been fixing it the other way round

lastpage:

microgiant,
Pls can you tell me what make/size/cost/type (pan or fiber?) of that dish u have in that post up there?
I just fell in love with it.

Tanks Bro.

That is a C-band on a 90cm dish project. (not mine, saw it on the net and just used the picture for reference purpose)
Note:
1. The conical scalar used.
2. You can only get transponders with very strong beams
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 8:44am On May 15, 2010
All. I learnt mytv has started receiver swap. Any news? I hope there will be consideration 4 us with old decoders
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 9:18am On May 15, 2010
Ameboperoo:

All. I learnt mytv has started receiver swap. Any news? I hope there will be consideration 4 us with old decoders
you must have an uninterrupted six subscription ,your old box 4k
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:04pm On May 15, 2010
lovala:

@George_D:
Hello Sir George:
Please, what is difference between and MPEG4 receiver like SRT4669x and an HD receiver? I ask this because HD receivers are supposed to be MPEG4, DVB – S2 and the SRT4669x has these characteristics. Still it is not considered HD

@lovala,
Your question has been answered before way back in season 3. All the same, the basic difference between an MPEG4 receiver and HD reciever is this: MPEG4 is a video compression standard while HD is a digital broadcast standard. A TV station can decide to broadcast in either mpeg2 hd or mpeg4 hd. For your satellite reciever however, an mpeg4 only reciever can recieve hd but will display it as normal non-hd broadcast while an hd reciever will recieve both and display as appropriate.

Coming back to STRONG 4669X, even though it can recieve DVB-S2 signals, it still is not an HD reciever.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 12:18pm On May 15, 2010
iykemann:

@Sir George,olofofo,enita,all the gurus,pls my question is can I receive any other channel on astra 2b using 1.8m dish apart from multi tv and infinity tv.

@iykemann,
There are other beams on that bird including SKY UK and BBC streams but you'll need more than a 1.8m dish to recieve them. If I guess right I think you should be looking for a 6m dish or more to track.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spacevice(m): 12:21pm On May 15, 2010
enitan2002:

@ Ifende/Spacevice,

both of you share this same great day as part of your existence on earth, i'm wishing you both Happy Birthday and Long Live!!!!!!!!!

@ Enitan/Micro
Thanks for ur gud wishes. One love!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 12:27pm On May 15, 2010
@All
can some1 pls guide me to any thread about microbox rx?(season 1,2 or 3).i ask because i browse 99% of the time on phone (u all know what that means).thanks.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:20pm On May 15, 2010
@freshp,
I'm not sure there is a microbox thread presently on the satellite technology childboard.

However, you can try this link:

http://www.key-flash.com/2009/07/latest-firmware-dongle-y4-29072009.html
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by twinstaiye(m): 6:48pm On May 15, 2010
freshp:

@All
can some1 pls guide me to any thread about microbox rx?(season 1,2 or 3).i ask because i browse 99% of the time on phone (u all know what that means).thanks.
There cant be a thread on microbox? You have to go to the backyard or better still call anybody that you know is in backyard for help. We all know there wont be a thread on microbox cos we dont know what microbox is all about. abi i lie?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 7:46pm On May 15, 2010
great men of our noble FTA i greet.can some body tell me what is the present cost of srt 4910 and where to buy it
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 9:40pm On May 15, 2010
@moderator

nice reply. see no evil, Hear no evil,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by lovala(m): 11:10pm On May 15, 2010
@George_D:
Thankx Sir George for the clarification. I guess I got in now and.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by williams85(m): 11:28pm On May 15, 2010
@members residing at umuahia and owerri. I'm a batch B corp member serving in borno state. If u need to find out the price of any satellite equipment or to buy one, reach me on wilnze@gmail.com. Ur equipment will be delivered safetly, since i'll be passing out by june.
I'm just trying to help cos i've benefitted so much on this thread.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by konami001: 12:59am On May 16, 2010
olofofo:

@konami001

@olofofo
I have just finished running the update on the microbox again, it keeps saying SN IS EXPIRED, Here is the procedure i followed';
1. Used cleaner on box and it reverted to the original botech decoder software
2. I applied the v1.29 update on the microbox that you provided, As soon as I connect the w3 LNB to the microbox, I see SN IS EXPIRED in yellow on the screen, I even connected it to the Echolink with the Serial Port Cable and left it over night to see if it will work, IT DIDN'T, I think I will go or the the other one we discussed about, I will let the microbox alone for now, Anyway, incase any idea pop up, please keep me in the know, thanks for your help,
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 3:55am On May 16, 2010
@ all
plz can someone coonfirm d current price of srt 4910 receiver and where 2 buy original
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by salamander(m): 5:49am On May 16, 2010
@All

It seemed there has been an interest in this microbox of late. But it seemed people are not getting the answers given so far. Let me just reiterate what other honourable members have said about the box.

IT DOES NOT EXIST HERE
IT CANNOT BE DISCUSSED HER, period

a bi a lie?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 6:50am On May 16, 2010
olofofo:

@moderator

nice reply. see no evil, Hear no evil,
okay,okay i get it. grin
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olofofo(m): 8:24am On May 16, 2010
@konami001

trying using the SN check software form sat-universe and see and refer further discussions to olofofo@gmail.com or YM. it is well.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2010
@konami001,
Again in addition to what twins and salamander said, you can reach out to Dejsam in kano. Just a 2 minute phone call will save you all this stress of posting without result.

I'm sure you get the drift by now: Your not likely to get much help here on that microbox by continous posting. Just an advice.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 11:49am On May 16, 2010
Ikiriye:

@ all
plz can someone coonfirm d current price of srt 4910 receiver and where 2 buy original

N50,000 from strongs rep in alaba mkt lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread