Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,917 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:56 PM

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) - Satellite TV Technology (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) (250639 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (170) (Go Down)

Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emsky: 1:10pm On May 21, 2010
spaceman:

@all
Are we sure we are not missing somthing?
Last week I went to my friend's shop -who is a dealer, to make inquiry on certain feature of Daarbox, to my surprise, he told me " dem don buy them finish".
Daar box that were lying his shop unattended to.
I became suspicious that how come people start buying the box so rapidly.
Could it be an indication of a surprise ree----------ttt------------nn?
i still have this daarsat box ,what s too special about the box,does it has some special free channels,i want to know b4 i give out.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 1:31pm On May 21, 2010
@sholasong,
@blexxonmak,
@williams85,
@chris7272,

Daarbox remains the cheapest full HD decoder in the market at present (if you can still lay your hands on it). And at that price, it is selling for less than half of other HD decoders. Note that I'm talking real HD and not just MPEG 4.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 1:51pm On May 21, 2010
GeorgeD. If that's all, why the rush this sudden? Everybody knew it is HD before now. I still want to beleive there's something more 2 the rush.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by spaceman(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2010
@emsky
I dont know the thing too special about the box, but i would be glad if you just pass yours across to me. cheesy
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by sholasong(m): 2:00pm On May 21, 2010
I just told my friend to bring 2 daarbox for me, still i am not sure what i will be needing it for, please e ja mi si now
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 3:17pm On May 21, 2010
@All
the stone the builder rejected is now the hottest cake in town wetin dey happen about the box grin grin grin
i just told somebody to get me one from a neighbour in abuja.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 21, 2010
why are you guys just over hyping whats not there. HD this Hyper, HD that. The secret to enjoyng HD is that if your television is not HD compliant then you are next to nothing. What HD channel do u wanna tune to with all of ur 90cm dishes?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 3:29pm On May 21, 2010
borderline:

@irapada
borderline jnr.said you were at his zone yesterday.he asked me to appreciate you greatly.feel free to call me anytime you come to lagos.big up to you.
thanks my frd
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by IRAPADA(m): 3:40pm On May 21, 2010
@ikefra,can i track with that tp that hit 92% and also using w4 as ref where shd i move d dish left or right
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ohikhena(m): 3:53pm On May 21, 2010
enitan2002:

why are you guys just over hyping whats not there. HD this Hyper, HD that. The secret to enjoyng HD is that if your television is not HD compliant then you are next to nothing. What HD channel do u wanna tune to with all of your 90cm dishes?

@Enitan

Nice one there.I wonder of what use is a HD decoder when u dont have HD Television.Except if u want to add it to ur collectors item.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by wahwah: 4:30pm On May 21, 2010
IF ANYBODY INTERSESTED IN DAARBOX AT 18k CALL ME AT 07038805476 wink wink wink wink
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 4:59pm On May 21, 2010
@ all,
I scan astra 2b with my 4653x and got the complete infinity package,I thought its mpeg4 before.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 21, 2010
wahwah:

IF ANYBODY INTERSESTED IN DAARBOX AT 18k CALL ME AT 07038805476 wink wink wink wink

is it for the complete package?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by emsky: 6:45pm On May 21, 2010
spaceman:

@emsky
I dont know the thing too special about the box, but i would be glad if you just pass yours across to me. cheesy

I'll keep mine untill the truth is reviewed.
@all
Dont bother if u cant get daarsat box,infinity is on the way,their box is a full HD.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ameboperoo(m): 7:31pm On May 21, 2010
Will it be good 4 FTA?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by ikefra(m): 8:20pm On May 21, 2010
I use strong SRT 4653X .

From w4 move up a little and to your left facing the dish use 11920 H 27.478 that is MBC tps you have to be patient , it took me 6 months to track Nilesat and 1 additional month to track Badh 4 and 2 weeks to normalise MBC which is the tracking TP the hardest to get.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by iykemann: 9:36pm On May 21, 2010
@ all,
rescan your box on sirius 4.8e and watch STV1 and israeli channel.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by borderline(m): 9:58pm On May 21, 2010
this doesn't any sense at all.daarsat hd box's craze? after how many years.there isn't any new thing about them.if anybody ever told you otherwise,then such one has got something fishy up his sleeves. lets drop this unnecesary uproar.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by olason(m): 11:35pm On May 21, 2010
All, pls dont waste ur hard earn money on daar box judging frm my experience most basic feature in any decoder is missing. it does not do d bakyard stuf, decreases signal by 5%, not user friendly, etc. for now in Nigeria srt 4910 is stil d king. ful hd, does d bakyard ting, super advanced blind scan, does terristral and sat. jus connect ur local antenna and enjoy al dose star dvb t chanels 4 free, boost signal . etc
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by williams85(m): 3:51am On May 22, 2010
@olason. How many people will cough out 50k to buy a satelit box. The only different with daar box is blind scan.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by adewest(m): 4:20am On May 22, 2010
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemibaloo(m): 9:22am On May 22, 2010
@ all. rescan ur decoder at w4/w7 new chanels; E!, canal+,tv5, B4U, TRACE tropical, k24,Brazil,B4U M,RTPi, fr24,. all mpeg 2.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by freshp(m): 9:50am On May 22, 2010
@yemi
pls can u post the tps here as per say that bird has too many tps and a rescan will resort to bringing back all those channels one has deleted.
BTW are they FTA?
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 9:54am On May 22, 2010
olason,
I think williams85 is right. We all know 4910 is king but the cost has been a major set back for most peeps in here. Compared to daarbox theres not much difference besides the blind scan and the terrestial stuff. So you take the cheaper option which gives you almost the same thing your looking for.

And from my own experience, daarbox actually does boost signals rather than decrease it contrary to your suggestion.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by yemibaloo(m): 11:16am On May 22, 2010
@frestp. yes dey ar all fta
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 22, 2010
@ ola, am definitely with u on that. Is it because all in the name of being called a proud owner of hd box, we now settle for less? I know so many peeps here on the forum that havent bought the daarbox and those that bought it sold it out after some time. If we start contributing 2k every month till next year, we'll surely get the 4910. Its because it is nt available here in 9ja that peeps here havent started buying it. Is it bodejohn, that bought two wonder boxes in a matter of 2 months that wont have 50k for 4910? Or olofofo, badaru, butoneday,ifende,dejsam,adewest,micro,ola,pit,twins,baba egun and george? The truth there is we've spent more on useless things compared to 4910. So let d box becom readily available in 9ja then u'll see proud owners after few hours of launch.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ibaku(m): 2:13pm On May 22, 2010
@enitan, i definitely agree with u sir, if we are what we claim to be, then daarbox would do nothing 4 us. Srt 4910 remains a must get !!!
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by justx24(m): 4:58pm On May 22, 2010
@All

Nice to see the house is still warm , I know i might be a bit behind you all. Trust me am always peeking on thing and picking up a few tricks. Now i have all the space i want and i want to know the different between a 1.8m and 2.4m dish. I mean in what i can really receive with each.

Nice to be back here with u guys

justx24
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:10pm On May 22, 2010
@justx24,
Your welcome back and congrats for your new abode. I think your better off sticking with a 2.4m as against 1.8m. The difference in size may be little but when it comes to signal reception, you'd be surprised what that little difference translates into.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Ikiriye(m): 6:18pm On May 22, 2010
@ enitan i completely agree with u on 4910,we dont need to settle for less let one igbo importer at alaba lay his hands on it den it becomes a bye story.4910 will definitely fall in price soon
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 22, 2010
justx24:

@All

Nice to see the house is still warm , I know i might be a bit behind you all. Trust me am always peeking on thing and picking up a few tricks. Now i have all the space i want and i want to know the different between a 1.8m and 2.4m dish. I mean in what i can really receive with each.

Nice to be back here with u guys

justx24

baba funra re oooo,
the deities are well pleased with you, so nice seeing you back in our fold. I know with your level of IQ, you are going to discover what you've left for a long time. A lot of things have happened, happening in the FTA world, so put on tracking gear suit and be prepared.

Dont go for 2.4m, just go for 3m dish, am speaking from experience

@all,
And by the way, 2.6m fibre for sale at a ridiculous price.
Re: Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) by Rextab(m): 8:00pm On May 22, 2010
@ all.greetins to the house.w7 is becomin somthing to smile about.hv scannd my box and im enjoy the champions legue final.

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (170)

All About Nilesat Installations / Official Thread of Free-to- Air Satellite TV [part 3] / Strong Receivers Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)