Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,773 members, 7,820,708 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? (48428 Views)

Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter / Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / Naturalized US Citizens: Do You Get Treated/respected As A Native Born Citizen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by kaziblake(f): 9:29am On Sep 07, 2016
DarryOsh:

The things people will do for cheap popularity. This question was asked on the American forum Quora. Yes, you could have asked the same question OK Nairaland but you went as far as copying one of the most upvoted answers, claiming the experience as tour own. This is deception, this is a lie. And it's just wrong!

Here's a link to the source: https://www.quora.com/Has-someone-treated-you-poorly-until-they-discovered-you-were-wealthy-and-or-successful/answers/27013430
Na wa o...see as he deceived us.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2016
ashjay001:

Yep! What do u say to someone who is at a different spectrum of thought from u?

U don't even get my reference to Ronchas n Chatur? All is well.
Prove to me that the Windsors own Buckingham Palace. Stop trying to be clever.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Funkybabee(f): 9:40am On Sep 07, 2016
is the way you dress
your dressing is your personality
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by vivalavida(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2016
CzarChris:
This stuff happens to me every single time, why? Cos I'm not really such a fantastic dresser, I wear whatever I feel comfortable with.

Then become a fantastic dresser
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 07, 2016
smiley

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Spidermon: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2016
I just dey read through the pages dey vex why my papa no get money.

Lemme return to lowkey mode before person go lash me.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by ashjay001(m): 9:56am On Sep 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Prove to me that the Windsors own Buckingham Palace. Stop trying to be clever.

What or whom do I impress in a virtual world?!

B4 d modern age, d royal family in England, was d final law of d land! Several countries jettisoned theirs(France, Russia). Then, they owed what was theirs outrightly, but due to d cost of maintenance, which led to bankruptcy for a lot of british royalty, I believe some royal properties were placed under state care. Who actually owns it, is a grey area!

Below is other opinion u might respect!

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-1189,00.html

And just in case u are yet to realise it, I am clever!
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by willibounce1(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2016
dokiOloye:
Observe very carefully, Igbo traders tend to be very polite in their dealings with their customers esp d owners of d shop,not their sales girls/boys.
I was brought up in d east,there is this street in my town filled with 2,3 and 4 storey buildings.The shops downstairs are usually owned by d landlady.
If U come to buy as little as sachet water of #10(was #5 per piece then),the madam will keep petting U."Thank U my son,do U need a leather bag?" good night my son".
All for 10 naira sachet water.
But when I came to live in Abj,I was schocked by d rudeness of d itinerant hausa traders.Immediately they see U with 1k note,they'll arrogantly dismiss U citing lack of change,even when they have enuf change on their hand and U are seeing it.
But an Igbo man will first of all collect Ur money,then both of U will start looking for d change.If U both can't find it,he/she will try to coax U into buying something else or coming back for Ur change later.
Men,give it to d Igbo traders in terms of customer relationship.

Just STFU with your tribal crap. You guys don't have to be insecure about everything. Only igbo ppl are perfect with golf customer service? Abeg find somewhere rest.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by lobiologs(m): 10:00am On Sep 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that of being from a wealthy background. Dem no know say shishi no gum me. cry

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "Yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

So here I am, enjoying my virtual wealth. grin

This happens to me a lot and it's quite funny, I be shouting inside me like "EPP ME"...
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by willibounce1(m): 10:06am On Sep 07, 2016
Most of the people who look down on customers are always ladies. Not only in Nigeria but anywhere in the world. But it's worst with naija gals. Many of them are very rude and senseless. Even if their money fall and you say ' excuse me' just to call their attention to it, they give you that "wetin dey do this one, you and who " when they get to know what you really called them for, they start forming nice.

The examples given in this thread alone is enough proof that naija girls no day try. That's why they get scammed easily. Na. Only money day many of them brain

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by favexx(f): 10:10am On Sep 07, 2016
willibounce1:

Just STFU with your tribal crap. You guys don't have to be insecure about everything. Only igbo ppl are perfect with golf customer service? Abeg find somewhere rest.
e pain am o

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 10:11am On Sep 07, 2016
ashjay001:

What or whom do I impress in a virtual world?!

B4 d modern age, d royal family in England, was d final law of d land! Several countries jettisoned theirs(France, Russia). Then, they owed what was theirs outrightly, but due to d cost of maintenance, which led to bankruptcy for a lot of british royalty, I believe some royal properties were placed under state care. Who actually owns it, is a grey area!

Below is other opinion u might respect!

And just in case u are yet to realise it, I am clever!
What you believe is irrelevant. Your link isn't working.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by kentochi(m): 10:17am On Sep 07, 2016
reading through this
made me feel life.
nigeria we are good at looking down on people
just besuse the said person did not wear 1500cloth.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by ashjay001(m): 10:33am On Sep 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What you believe is irrelevant. Your link isn't working.

Irrelevant to u? Yes! How that one take concern me? U really think ur opinion matters ba?

Use d above as one string.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by dokiOloye(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2016
willibounce1:

Must U get abusive to make Ur point?
When U get home,slap Ur father and mother twice each for failing to give U good home training.
Ewu.

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by awoluyi(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2016
The error has always been relating appearance to very fat bank account balannces. I have had numerous experiences and here are two. I was working as a Power system engineer for Oil & Gas company and therefore always appearing in overall. So the company's drivers, clerks etc felt they were materially better, the way they responded even when I greeted them showed their feeling of superiority. One day a driver brought one of the company's technicians to my house to pick a Test Equipment for an operation, the driver couldn't believe it when i told him that the building was my personal house. When he saw me the following day he almost postrate to salute me. In August 1998, my wife and I went to do window shopping for a car, as we were going round a shop asking for prices of cars, my wife stood by a mercedes benz car admiring it, the shop owner just told us "That is no go area, the vechicle is 'for big people.'" The dealer was surprised when I asked him to follow me to defunt Savanah Bank plc for cash payment for same car. From that moment he started saying Sir, Sir to me as if I was a Knight. The problem with our society is that people fail to relate one's dressing to his/her profession. The feeling is that everyone should appear in vain glorious attires all the time forgetting the Yoruba saying that "Aso nla ko ni eniyan nla."

4 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2016
byvan03:

I wonder why these women open businesses in the first place. I don't like market place , so I tend to be very swift with purchase. If I really want something, I block out other factors and get that exact one that appeals to me. I rather return the rude favour, piss you off badly and still get what I want. The shoe woman nah Igbo woman, I feel it's an individual thing angry.
seriously, it's an individual thing. Some Yorubas' treat their Customers well, though the Igbo's are still the best in any business related stuff. I stand to be corrected though.

5 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by ugees(m): 10:57am On Sep 07, 2016
About being rich, i don't know but the other day i went to a bank to make a transfer to someone. My mobile and internet banking platforms were down. After about 10 seconds of taking my instruction slip the cashier looked up and asked me how I got the money in my account. I am a grown working man and suffice to say I was very confused. I asked if there was a problem and she murmured sheepishly about something I didn't catch. My friends still joke that it must have been my clothes but I doubt because i was decently dressed.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
that one no get television for house abi she no dey see Oprah for tv?

I just feel the sales person just wanted to be rude. Who nor know Oprah for this world
if Oprah waka pass me, I no fit know say Na she grin

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by engrshakespeare: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2016
dokiOloye:
Observe very carefully, Igbo traders tend to be very polite in their dealings with their customers esp d owners of d shop,not their sales girls/boys.
I was brought up in d east,there is this street in my town filled with 2,3 and 4 storey buildings.The shops downstairs are usually owned by d landlady.
If U come to buy as little as sachet water of #10(was #5 per piece then),the madam will keep petting U."Thank U my son,do U need a leather bag?" good night my son".
But when I came to live in Abj,I was schocked by d rudeness of d itinerant hausa traders.Immediately they see U with 1k note,they'll arrogantly dismiss U citing lack of change,even when they have enuf change on their hand and U are seeing it.
But an Igbo man will first of all collect Ur money,then both of U will start looking for d change.If U both can't find it,he/she will try to coax U into buying something else or coming back for Ur change later.

Your generalization is still wrong, I know many rude Igbo traders and nice hausa traders. No generalization is wrong.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by engrshakespeare: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2016
dokiOloye:

Your generalization is still wrong, I know many rude Igbo traders and nice hausa traders. No generalization is accurate.

2 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Tellemall: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Larry Page and Sergey Brin(Not brothers though), Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg have an appearance of simplicity that stem from from their NATURE- they are techies/nerds. They will always appear 'simple' no matter how rich or poor they are. You should do a search of these people and see the kind of 'inanities' that these 'simple dressers' spend their money on. People derive their pleasures differently. My overall point is that we should not attack people who derive their own pleasures from 'dressing extravagantly' because a microscopic number of billionaires have decided to do otherwise; it has been the trend for the past few days and Nigerian celebrities are taking the most flak. I don't know much about Kate Middleton and I know that the Windsor family are not a billionaire family; they are millionaires at best. Dangote is always either on suit or that Hausa kind of dressing and there is nothing simple about any of that. You want make him wear chain?

Why do you bother with them? Nigerians are sheep.

So Mark came and then what? The world should progress by everybody wearing jeans and t-shirts? Because that's now the sign of wealth?

How sure are we that his publicists haven't adviced him to be charismatic by appearing downtrodden in his annoying gray shirts?

I'll bet people like that have never seen the rich kids of Instagram pages. When you have money, it's your choice how to use it in a flashy manner. Each to his own taste.

How can you compare a dork like bill gates/zujerberg to people who grew up without tinkering day and night on computers because they were the uncool kids?

Nigerians are sheep. Show them one thing and they believe it is the good life they have been missing.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by willibounce1(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2016
dokiOloye:
When U get home,slap Ur father and mother twice each for failing to give U good home training.
Ewu.

The same way you kick your parents to say good morning. You can use your mother and father for money rituals for failing to teach you common sense. Ewure jati jati. Olori pelebe
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin

Nigerians are very funny people.

I was on my home clothes and went to rent an office space. The man said i should call him later not knowing i was being politely dismissed. I called, he no pick. I sent text and he replied that his vacant space was for people who had goods to sell. That i should go procure my goods first. I felt heavily slighted. I looked at my garage, chose the bigger car, dressed well and perfumed up. Took my 2 distributors certificates and went to see him. Omoh, as i come down from car, the man greeted me, " Good afternoon sir ". I tried telling him why i needed his vacant space. He said no problem, make i go bring the rent for 2 years. Nah so taxing start, meanwhile next office door neighbor paid for 6 months and started business..
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
dokiOloye:
Ewu.
now you just called him a "goat" , and you also brought his parents into this.

Bottom line, your tribe does not define your kind of person.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
willibounce1:

The same way you kick your parents to say good morning. You can use your mother and father for money rituals for failing to teach you common sense. Ewure jati jati. Olori pelebe
here we go again. Na the two of una get fight, forget the parents 'cos they know nothing about it. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
ashjay001:

Irrelevant to u? Yes! How that one take concern me? U really think ur opinion matters ba?

Use d above as one string.
Error 404. Is your information not on another website? Or better still copy and paste it here.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ranchhoddas: 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Tellemall:

Why do you bother with them? Nigerians are sheep.

So Mark came and then what? The world should progress by everybody wearing jeans and t-shirts? Because that's now the sign of wealth?

How sure are we that his publicists haven't adviced him to be charismatic by appearing downtrodden in his annoying gray shirts?

I'll bet people like that have never seen the rich kids of Instagram pages. When you have money, it's your choice how to use it in a flashy manner. Each to his own taste.

How can you compare a dork like bill gates/zujerberg to people who grew up without tinkering day and night on computers because they were the uncool kids?

Nigerians are sheep. Show them one thing and they believe it is the good life they have been missing.
They love to follow. Everything a billionaire does must be the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by dokiOloye(m): 12:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
bharkarh:
now you just called him a "goat" , and you also brought his parents into this.

Bottom line, your tribe does not define your kind of person.
Reaction to action aren't always equal and opposite.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
dokiOloye:
Reaction to action aren't always equal and opposite.
lol....you guys should just forget about the whole thing. No point in insulting each other.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that of being from a wealthy background. Dem no know say shishi no gum me. cry

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "Yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

So here I am, enjoying my virtual wealth. grin
baba o, na you be Package.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by numericalguy(m): 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Bisjosh:
First of all, u dress the way u wanna be addressed.

I have never been in that situation before.
though I dress good but many don't know how wealthy I am.

Modesty I guess... grin

You sound like someone who will do what the OP speaking about.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria / Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.