Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? (48424 Views)

Hot And Cold Stream In Ugep, Cross River State, Discovered By A Hunter / Lagos Airport Staff Who Steals Passengers' Belongings Discovered (pics, Video) / Naturalized US Citizens: Do You Get Treated/respected As A Native Born Citizen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Swizdom(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
xreal:
Hahaa.

Reminds me of my RICH friend in lagos...
He works for a Politician (close allie to Jagaban), this man own a mining company in Lagos. And my friend reports directly to the man's son and sometimes to the man himself.

This certain day, my friend walked into the bank to confirm certain money paid (alert failure).

He walked in so so dirty, he saw a lady in the bank looking decent, and the lady never looked down on him, she smiled in return and that was the beginning of a family... nine months later, the lady was in New York to have her first baby for my friend, second baby was in thr UK, and the third US again.

It's a lesson to all.

All those 'dress as u wanna be addressed' things are b'shaiitt.

I'ld rather look dirthy while at work and have billions in my pocket than live on borrowed suit at works and have nothing.

Hammer hit very well on the nail head! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by sheycrown(f): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Was looking to buy a skirt at a store sometime last year...got in and was asking the sales girls if they had skirts but I got no reply from them, only for two ladies to come in after me dressed "madamish", both sales girls got up and were all over them. I just opened my mouth and was about to give them the bashing of their lives, but a security man took that time to come tell me to come out and repark as I was obstructing someone. Both girls were like ah sorry ma, what would you like to buy. I just hissed and left the store.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Swizdom(m): 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
What if your ordeals here had been the way you had once treated people? I know many of us had treated people badly without even knowing it and the moment we get treated the same way, we remember we have billions in our account. Just wondering...

4 Likes

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by 5minsmadness: 4:02pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
bharkarh:
if Oprah waka pass me, I no fit know say Na she grin
is a lie you will know because she has a prominent face.abi when Mark was walking on the streets of Lagos wasn't it someone that noticed Mark before everyone And the media that started announcing that Mark os in Nigeria

Except you say you're not intrested In famzing her or taking a selfie with her.bottonline you will know so yeparo wink
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
PaulKillerman:
I hate when kids write what they do not know... Mark is always known for dressing that way, that's his style... That aside other billionaires dress good.... More so, the Caucasians are simple people (billionaires or not) they are less concerned about mundane titles , and are more interested in things that better their lots, over here, the greed, ego, wickedness and selfishness of an average Blackman will not allow him(reason why dey behave like animals).. It really has nothing to do with being rich... It is the attitude of blacks
i hate when itk start arguing blindly.

Next wink
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
GodswillAJudins:

I can humbly relate to your two scenarios,
I have observed that Most Yoruba traders or shop owners will want you to literally beg them to sell something, they see them selves as gods, their egos unerring, most of them don't appreciate customers at all, unlike their Igbo counterparts I often promise my self not to go back to their shop someone other time in the future. their non business attitude and in negotiate able manners are so unlike someone doing business. wa da fuc
heysss gbenu e soun .taaaa mechionu. I'm very Yoruba and anti tribalist. If we see truth let us say it and let the devil be ashamed. Yoruba have poor buisness relationships.they treat their customers very poorly. Infact the word will be better in Yoruba.wonlaponle customer. They'll be doing as if they're doing the customer a favour whereas it's customers that's bringing money for them

As a matter of fact let a Yoruba and igbo be selling the same thing I'll rather get it from an igbo man because an igbo man will not reign curses on me for Window shopping OR pricing their goods wink

Sorry that's for engrshakespare not you.I mistakenly quoted you wrongly. My apologies wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 4:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
grin grin
redcliff:

Lol. It seems you dont know the swiss. Apparently they think the world ends in europe and all africans who recently entered europe came by boat. Those guys are so backward socially
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 4:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
mykel20:
People should cool it with the Zuckerberg comparisons. Not all American billionaires are that modest. That's just zuckerberg's own style. Wealthy Americans can also be very ostentatious and embark on crazy fantasy spending, same thing with the Europeans and the Arabs( I think the Arabs are even more lavish). Being lavish isn't just an African thing, people all over the world tend to live above their means, its now a way of life. The so-called modest rich guy wearing jeans and tee is probably wearing a $200k wristwatch or a million dollar ring that you wouldn't notice. Basically what I'm saying is that it's not only Africans like to show off, I mean these bloody Americans named a show Rich kids of Beverly Hills, like wtf.
Michael say only what you know wink
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by TEYA: 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
ok she thought you were probably the younger sister and someone sent you to buy those stuffs

You shouldn't have even bought anything from her and walked out

I have encountered such nasty experience.very recently about a month ago.I was on my way back home WITH my daughter when I passed by a supermarket. I saw a very beautiful clutch purse and I stopped by wanting to buy it.so I walked into the supermarket and asked how much it IS, the woman first looked at me for a few seconds and asked if I tell you the price can you buy it?I was like what is that supposed to mean then she said it's 7k.I brought out 10k and counted it in her presence. She too was using eye to count the money with ME, I said you see this money with me here, it's not going to end here. I came to buy something I fancied and instead of you to behave civil you were asking me stooped questions whether I can buy it.

She was now like Haa aunty koribe,emabinu.I said wura let's leave here joor.I went 3shops near hers to buy exactly what she was doing shakara for and deliberately passed by her shop to spite her. I made sure i didn't put the clutch purse inside a nylon so she Will see it.She nearly cried in bitterness.it was obvious She was just controlling herself

Meanwhile that's why I love the igbo spirit when it comes to entrepreneurship and attending to customers. Every customer is a king and is treated as such. Even if you don't buy and you just Window shop they will treat you like you own the world.which brings me to my last story.last week I went to price Curtains because I wanted to have an idea of how much Curtains are now.you needed to see the way this igbo guy attended to me.he was so courteous and warm.I had to tell him bros don't bring everything out I just want to know how much it is and so because of his hospitality I vowed that I will go back there and buy it which I did yesterday. However I saw other Curtains which we're relatively cheaper and finer than his but because of his pleasant customer treatment which I received from him I bought it from him

The bottonline is if you don't look down on your customers and treat them nicely even if they came to windowshop, even if your shop is under the ground they will go out of their way to find you.

you think igbos all treat customers as such? there is one igbo shop owner close to my house who has an extremely rude attitude, when i i discovered i could not take it anymore, i started walking past her shop to the one after her to buy stuff and then walk right in front of her shop back home. i had two more similar experiences with igbo shop owners.i think we have people from all tribes who (mis)behave that way. i have long learnt not to take nonsense from shop owners sha. i no dey collect credit o, so no ever disrespect me.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
Michael say only what you know wink
I'm just telling it as it is, based on my personal experience. If you can't fathom the idea then that's your problem bruh
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 6:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
is a lie you will know because she has a prominent face.abi when Mark was walking on the streets of Lagos wasn't it someone that noticed Mark before everyone And the media that started announcing that Mark os in Nigeria

Except you say you're not intrested In famzing her or taking a selfie with her.bottonline you will know so yeparo wink
I will only know if people start talking about her or maybe if she get body guards plenty sha. Truth be told, I don't even know how Bill Gate looks like, I only read about them.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
bharkarh:
I will only know if people start talking about her or maybe if she get body guards plenty sha. Truth be told, I don't even know how Bill Gate looks like, I only read about them.
oyi tun paro wink
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
mykel20:
I'm just telling it as it is, based on my personal experience. If you can't fathom the idea then that's your problem bruh
L.I.E.S! wink
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2016
TEYA:

you think igbos all treat customers as such? there is one igbo shop owner close to my house who has an extremely rude attitude, when i i discovered i could not take it anymore, i started walking past her shop to the one after her to buy stuff and then walk right in front of her shop back home. i had two more similar experiences with igbo shop owners.i think we have people from all tribes who (mis)behave that way. i have long learnt not to take nonsense from shop owners sha. i no dey collect credit o, so no ever disrespect me.
well I'm talking in the light OF My own personal experience wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
L.I.E.S! wink
Another day another dumb Nairalander. **sigh** Keep dwelling in you ignorance bruh. Its your life. Who cares?
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by chudez0147(m): 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that of being from a wealthy background. Dem no know say shishi no gum me. cry

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "Yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

So here I am, enjoying my virtual wealth. grin
bello Bro. Sorry, I really do not know how to do this nairaland thing. But if you can understand my English, then I must say the both of us na Dsame Dsame #Bless!
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by SAMBARRY: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
mykel20:
Another day another dumb Nairalander. **sigh** Keep dwelling in you ignorance bruh
same to you wink
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by chudez0147(m): 8:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Mine is the complete opposite. The first impression people have of me is that of being from a wealthy background. Dem no know say shishi no gum me. cry

Even when I try to point out my #1,000 darling yaki hair and fairly used shoes/clothes, they go "Yea right, you're just trying to be humble". angry

hello bae. Sorry, I really do not know how to do this nairaland thing. But if you can understand my English, then I must say the both of us na Dsame Dsame #Bless!
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by bharkarh(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
SAMBARRY:
oyi tun paro wink
you need not to believe me bro. Na crime say I no sabi as person look? Not saying I don't know who dey are.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Aspiregreat: 10:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
willibounce1:

Just STFU with your tribal crap. You guys don't have to be insecure about everything. Only igbo ppl are perfect with golf customer service? Abeg find somewhere rest.

You still didn't get his point, We will still give it to the IGBOs when it comes to costumer relationship. No tribe beats them to that'.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Harinholar(f): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

.....hummm u ehennnn... enjoy oooo
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ugosample(m): 10:52pm On Sep 08, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Yimu. All the private jet owners in this are famous to a certain degree. Acquisitions of private aircrafts are usually announced as they are used to make ''statements''. I find it very hard to believe that there are unknown owners of private jets in this country( private is the operative word). One should not confuse corporate with private...Feel free to not reply.

Oga you are not right on that one o.
There are two men from the SE who have private jets o, and you don't know them.

Not everyone likes show off.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Ugosample(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2016
dokiOloye:
Observe very carefully, Igbo traders tend to be very polite in their dealings with their customers esp d owners of d shop,not their sales girls/boys.
I was brought up in d east,there is this street in my town filled with 2,3 and 4 storey buildings.The shops downstairs are usually owned by d landlady.
If U come to buy as little as sachet water of #10(was #5 per piece then),the madam will keep petting U."Thank U my son,do U need a leather bag?" good night my son".
All for 10 naira sachet water.
But when I came to live in Abj,I was schocked by d rudeness of d itinerant hausa traders.Immediately they see U with 1k note,they'll arrogantly dismiss U citing lack of change,even when they have enuf change on their hand and U are seeing it.
But an Igbo man will first of all collect Ur money,then both of U will start looking for d change.If U both can't find it,he/she will try to coax U into buying something else or coming back for Ur change later.
Men,give it to d Igbo traders in terms of customer relationship.

You are very right on this one.
Even when you price them, they would not take offence.
But try it with all those Yoruba market women, you will hear tori.
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
ucheuzor1:

Are u wealthy?.....seems u don't know d meaning of wealth...is not do u hv money
oga what is wealth?
Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by whiteroses(f): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2016
Mom007:

Please sister, am not understanding this your story. After karma helped you get even with the guy you still went ahead to date him? Smh

This is why most naija girls are single and bitter at 35 . Ladies we need to wait, listen, watch, and pray. Its not everyday we go carry fire for head. This guy and I are head over heels in love and are getting married in March. Thank you for your concern sha. I no be a mumu girl , stalking tiger is not afraid #watch&pray

1 Like

Re: Has Someone Treated You Poorly Until They Discovered You Were Wealthy? by maxti: 12:25am On Oct 12, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Would have clicked like, but I no want spoil your 419 likes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Items That Are Prohibited On Domestic Flights In Nigeria / Cattle Arrived Lagos From Zamfara After 32-Hour Rail Transport / Moment Ibom Air Made Its Official Take Off Today For Abuja (Pics,Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.