Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39440 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:29pm On Sep 03, 2016
Laido:

Taah! No talk that one. Go and ask from confirm techs. Iphone usage is restricted in Nija. There are more than 50 functions that u can use it for over there which isn't possible here! Go and confirm. Ah ah, He's local keh!

You just dey shout, give me examples na
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by zicoraads: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lemme ask this question, what can the iPhone do that my BlackBerry Z30 can't?

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
nzubeokafor:
Besides iPhone is good for yahoo boys here in Nigeria .as for me I see no differents am still rocking my iPhone6.
baba on to which level ?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by zicoraads: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2016

My friend who uses an iPhone 6+ basically uses only the istore or something for music. And the camera is amazing. But asides that, if I am to drop my BB for it, what value really is to be got?

Bossmd
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by deedondavi(m): 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.

The infinix note 3 would have been a better choice.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by bodee(m): 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
I am pretty sure that some dudes viewing this will be thinking that #people get money ooo

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2016
zeb04:
I am using an iPhone and I can tell you it is a real waste of money. I can't wait to go back to Samsung.

What do you want from that Samsung that is not already provided on your iPhone. Babe don't downgrade. grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ufenemofe: 4:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
Nairalander wedding celeberation

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by zeb04(f): 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

What do you want from that Samsung that is not already provided on your iPhone. Babe don't downgrade. grin
oh I can't deal,the battery life is the worst
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
Inasmuch as iPhone remains top notch device in the smartphone world and have only fallen 1 step down against Samsung in many years ranking, now most Nigerians that even have the financial power to acquire for themselves a new iPhone don't ordinarily do so based on the primary purposes smartphones (iPhones) were meant for, but mostly for show of class (flaunting).

Aside from iPhone truly being an exquisite device, now for those ones, having forgotten that aside from the show of class that is mostly their paramount reason for going for iPhones, there are many other constraints associated with using iPhones especially down here in Nigeria.

For example, with your iPhone, you cannot transfer Bluetooth files to other devices; you cannot manage your media library without a laptop/computer with iTunes installed; you cannot even side load apps; no file manager and no ease of tweaking etc.

Undoubtedly, everybody wants to manipulate their gadgets especially their smartphones just the way they want, but with iPhone you are almost caged like that Bingo Dog on chain.

Now the question is this; Going by the fact that iPhones are always expensive, is it a waste or still wise decision to go for iPhone devices in Nigeria?

bongolistik

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
zicoraads:

My friend who uses an iPhone 6+ basically uses only the istore or something for music. And the camera is amazing. But asides that, if I am to drop my BB for it, what value really is to be got?

Bossmd

The Op wants to know if there are any limitations in using an iPhone and not the other way round. Your question is twisting the thread the opposite direction. An iPhone is basically limitless.

My brother buy that which pleases you.
If you feel your Z30 fully satisfies you then keep using it. But if you can cope with the luxury of the iPhone go for it. The iOS is a pleasure to behold compared to Android.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by jmichlins(m): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2016
bodee:
I am pretty sure that some dudes viewing this will be thinking that #people get money ooo
guy you dey reason as my mind dey work. I no get today but am certain of a great and better tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by aikeron: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2016
iPhone 7, coming soon. 07-09-16 Release date!

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
MrKong:

How did you get the app Pls...it's not in Nigerian store

Open a us apple acct. Or go iTunes on ur computer, sign in and change country to USA. Then sign in again on ur iPhone.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

LOL at using Spotify only in the states. It is as simple as using free vpn, doesn't require any tweak. Blasting Spotify like crazy here bro.

Bro what's the use of Spotify on iPhone and why is it so special?

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by sarolad(m): 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
Please how can I get iTunes code for Apple iPhone [b]
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by airsaylongcon: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
Belosconi:
Can you use Apple Pay in Nigeria?
Can you use Apple's Siri in Nigeria?

Same way you can't use Google pay or widely use NFC in Nigeria
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by bongolistik(m): 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!
At&t and other American carrier offer visual voice mail services, whereas MTN and Co don't
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
zeb04:
oh I can't deal,the battery life is the worst

Then get the iPhone 6S plus. It has got a better battery with OIS, or better still pre-order the new iPhone 7. I hope you won't come back running to iPhone after dumping it ooh. The best smartphone experience is with iOS baby. Sweet selfies for the ladies, optimised games for the guys, great office utilities for the business minded, not to mention when you combine it with the iPad Pro and explore more possibilities.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by tdayof(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!
No biggie. Anyone can do that. Just buy the american Version.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by princetom1(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:
Usage of iphone in Nigeria is simply a waste of money

Says who? U, i guess.
Not if u have a Job u need clients to have a good feeling about u that u are well off and not gonna run with their money. In Nigeria, people guage on alot of things. Speaking from experience. Is not only iPhone though, other flagship like Samsung galaxy, and galaxy note, xperia and so on, fall in same category
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2016
bongolistik:
At&t and other American carrier offer visual voice mail services, whereas MTN and Co don't

And who told you Visual Voice Mail is for iPhone alone, it's also available for Android smartphones. Or is there any Samsung user that uses visual voice mail in Nigeria. VVM is carrier related and not a smartphone thing. Your point is no point but fallacy. Try again.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by PhonePlanet(m): 4:57pm On Sep 03, 2016
Belosconi:
you cant also use google pay, samsung pay, or cortana in nigeria.

apparently you can use itunes in nigeria but not play music(android) or grove music(windows) or even spotify.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
princetom1:

Says who? U, i guess.
Not if u have a Job u need clients to have a good feeling about u that u are well off and not gonna run with their money. In Nigeria, people guage on alot of things. Speaking from experience. Is not only iPhone though, other flagship like Samsung galaxy, and galaxy note, xperia and so on, fall in same category

Actually reputation speaks a lot, because i use a low end tecno phone doesn't mean I'm broke, priorities are just different & clients who look at such minor things are not really serious about what they want

5 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Qudbell(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2016
Belosconi:
does windows' cortana work in nigeria?? how often do u use samsungks voice tag ot wadeva its called..

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Elxandre(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
Come on man!

Comparing a 2k screen to a 720p screen
Or the 5s 640p 4 inch screen to a 5.2 720p.

You can't be serious! sad
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:

Actually reputation speaks a lot, because i use a low end tecno phone doesn't mean I'm broke, priorities are just different & clients who look at such minor things are not really serious about what they want

If you use Tecno, man you are broke grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by klosety45: 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
What is it all about.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ikp120(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

And who told you Visual Voice Mail is for iPhone alone, it's also available for Android smartphones. Or is there any Samsung user that uses visual voice mail in Nigeria. VVM is carrier related and not a smartphone thing. Your point is no point but fallacy. Try again.

Boss question number 1:

Does your iPhone 6 have bluetooth like my java phone?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by airsaylongcon: 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
Revolva:
Well anybody who has the money should buy but what annoys me is the way our ladies misuse this iphones around imagine a 20yea old gal is asking my friend for an iphone 6 on d first date....they guy run leave her for d resaurant after paying d bills

Many babe's are prostituting for high end device for show off na dem de snap selfie pass all the time dem no let IG rest with camera 360app

As for me iphones are not made for country like ours but anybody wey wan take him last saving buy ipone 6s or the latest iphone7 na plate of amalaa be dat

Can you explain what you mean by "not made for country like ours"?

3 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Annalise(f): 5:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Then get the iPhone 6S plus. It has got a better battery with OIS, or better still pre-order the new iPhone 7. I hope you won't come back running to iPhone after dumping it ooh. The best smartphone experience is with iOS baby. Sweet selfies for the ladies, optimised games for the guys, great office utilities for the business minded, not to mention when you combine it with the iPad Pro and explore more possibilities.

I have heard that if you want to get more juice out of the ios experience, you must combine it with a macbook. I didn't know an ipad pro would serve the same purpose. My next phone might be an i phone but I'm not ready to buy another device with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oukitel K6000 Plus For 21k On Jumia / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.