Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

The Fastest Internet In The World - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fastest Internet In The World (7770 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / 2014/2015 Fastest Internet Speed By Countries / Top 20 Fastest Internet Providers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 4:55pm On Oct 14, 2009
malone5923:

Yes how do we get started?
Infoseye:

How do I get started thanks.

To get started. Go to EZHost Website. Just the subscription type you want. Give them ur card details. GT Master works fine or Zenith Websurfer. Make the payments. CHeck your mail for set up instruction. Follow instructions in the mail and you are up and running.

Note: I am not a staff of EZhost neither am I affiliated to them in anyway whatsoever pls. I just saw a thread and shared my opinion.

Thank you
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Mavor: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2009
hey surveycash, pls get to me on brenwilliam@gmail.com. I have a good proposal for you. Thanks
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 10:06am On Oct 17, 2009
Mavor:

hey surveycash, pls get to me on brenwilliam@gmail.com. I have a good proposal for you. Thanks

Why not post it here so others may benefit?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by DualCore1: 11:21pm On Oct 17, 2009
surveycash, all you are doing is connecting to a remote computer. you are getting a faster connection on the remote computer because you are doing server to server connections. You cannot download sturvs to your remote computer and drag and drop it on ur local computer's desktop and expect it to happen in a flash like it was really a part of your PC.

when 2 servers are talking to each other its a totally different thing from when a server is talking to a local machine.

you can only use that speed to get things to and from the remote server. that speed cannot be used in anyway by your local machine.

I think i know what i'm talking about here, you got a VPS, I got dedicated servers fully managed by me and i allocate them (via HyperVM) into smaller units (VPS) for people who want to start up their own mini-hosting company.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by malone5923(m): 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2009
You cannot download sturvs to your remote computer and drag and drop it on your local computer's desktop and expect it to happen in a flash like it was really a part of your PC
I was going to say the same thing. Lets wait and read his reply grin
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by DualCore1: 11:51pm On Oct 17, 2009
This is from surveycash
It is called VPS (Virtual Private Server) not VPN. I already said in my earlier post that it was basically meant for running forex EAs but I found out that it is exactly like a desktop but in a remote location. I loaded mozilla and it accepted. I tried google.com and it opened. I was just exploring the remote desktop. I went to oldapps.com to try download the latest yahoo messenger of 16.01MB. Immediately I clicked the download button, I saw open file. I was shocked. I thought it was error download.

when I opened the folder, alas!, the set up was there. When I double clicked it, the installation was done in less than 4 seconds. You all know how long it will take me to download a-16mb file with a an ISP of 115.2kbps.

Talking about throwing a money. You are right. You can throw away your money if you don't know the reason why you are investing it in a particular project.

To me, I don't think am throwing a way $70usd to make $374usd in 2 weeks.

On believing 115.2kbps increased to 1.6gbps without any physical change, do the maths yourself.
size = 16.01mb
download time = 0.01secs
download speed = ? you can fill in the gap

Hope I answered your questions?

First, not like surveycash is trynna scam anyone. he's just telling it like as he understands it.

It is not your computer, it is remote. You are going to be connecting to it through your starcomms connection. To see how awful everything is, try playing a video on that remote connection and see if you don't swear for your starcomms connection. You wont get smooth back cuz your starcomms will spend aeons of years streaming feeds between the remote computer and your local machine.

here is the breakdown
You connect to the remote computer using your starcomms connection and its normal crappy speed (not some 1gbps thingy)
The remote computer connects to the internet VIA its high speed.
Anything you download is stored on the remote computer, not you local machine and you cannot do a copy paste of a 16mb from your remote computer to your local machine and expect to be like zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz "copy complete in 4 seconds". Judging by my past experience wit the starcomms 1x connection, it'll take about the whole afternoon to get 16mb.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by soolari(m): 3:00am On Oct 18, 2009
Mavor:

am alzo, need tat, wat EZHost. full sites thankx
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Elebiju: 6:14am On Oct 18, 2009
Use your common sense to analyze what you see 80gb rep sec is not attainable watch the video again people
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by tunde300us(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2009
Thanks dual core for the assistance,i had tried all i cld to explain ma bit to surveycash but he insists he is browsing on 16gbps.I think tht thing is best for ppl who needs it for things like forex ,if u need it for internet pls stay with ur MTN oh
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2009
soolari:

am alzo, need tat, wat EZHost. full sites thankx

Thank you for your interest. But as I said in my earlier post, I am neither a staff nor an affiliate to EZHost service. For that reason, I am not going to promote them for free here. If you are really interested, send me a mail at incomelegends@gmail.com for the full address.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 12:35pm On Oct 19, 2009
tunde300us:

Thanks dual core for the assistance,i had tried all i cld to explain ma bit to surveycash but he insists he is browsing on 16gbps.I think tht thing is best for ppl who needs it for things like forex ,if u need it for internet pls stay with your MTN oh

I said 1.6gbps not 16gbps. 1.6gbps or not the fact still remains that this VPS speed it 1000 times faster than my local service.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by unclesamtech(m): 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2009
Nigeria too dey try ooo
3.6 G for Mtn
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 12:58pm On Oct 31, 2009
unclesamtech:

Nigeria too dey try ooo
3.6 G for Mtn

You mean 3.6gbps?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 11:41am On Nov 01, 2009
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by webpest(m): 11:39pm On Nov 09, 2009
if u ve 80gig in naija, na im be say no more DSTV and HITV cos u can easily watch tv online, the gud part no more recharge cards u can make calls free online. so forget it they will neva allow it work here.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Mobinga: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2010
lol. wat a FAKE video. . 80gig/sec?? not even the CIA can get that. .
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by sirmseen(m): 11:18am On Sep 20, 2010
Big lie!! Not even for abroad, no one can achieve 80 gb per sec. Morover it dosent make sense. IGB per sec sef, u go happy wella
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by twinskenny(m): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
wow thats an incredible speed we have there
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 10:30pm On Sep 22, 2010
sirmseen:

Big lie!! Not even for abroad, no one can achieve 80 gb per sec. Morover it dosent make sense. IGB per sec sef, u go happy wella

Dont just call people liars sirmseen if you dont have proof to justify your claims.  The word impossible when stretched becomes i'm possible
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by jerryben12: 10:05pm On Sep 24, 2010
Great speed. But even with your IZAP speed, you can use magic jack and get excellent call quality,

Hurry and order your magic jack now and make unlimited calls to the US and Canada from anywhere. Just plug into your computer, connect your handset and call any number, anytime in US and Canada all for free!

jerrybenchi@yahoo.com, price is N15K without handset and N18k with handset
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by nagathi: 9:48am On May 17, 2011
Thanks for sharing,
I check my speed test here http://www.ip-details.com/ at free of cost,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Suprise:how To Get Free N450 Airtime To Call All Network Daily / My Top Five(5) Gionee Phones / How To Transfer Files Wirelessly With Xender From PC To Phone Or Phone To PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.