Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,514 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

The Fastest Internet In The World - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Fastest Internet In The World (7771 Views)

Pictures: Is Airtel The Fastest Network In Nigeria? / 2014/2015 Fastest Internet Speed By Countries / Top 20 Fastest Internet Providers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by daveemuobo(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2009
I tink we should all be logical,but i must say we're to carried away by our wisdom? to think for ourselves.as for dat 80gbps (or 80gBps ),may i ask what connection is that guy using b4 he got that speed.Dsl,or cable or vsat?none has that capacity(the fastest connectn in d world as at 2mnths ago.is provided by NIB India @ 48MBps, not 48mbps ).

btw the fastest normal pc connection to a network is the gigabit lan of 1gbps as of aug 2009(or correct me, since we re dynamic).even if ur isp provides 80gbps,which pc will utilize all of that speed?

Gettit straight ppl, ur pc can only get upto 1gbps unless u want to install sun sparc servers in ur room.

, the world is still growing and being optimistic doesnt me we shud show d crap we're made of k, ?

But sha, i 'm optimistic bout the day we acheive that.btw i get 9mBps with my isp(vsat with satellites by new skies satellite).
As for fibre optics,plans are made to deploy them to consumer desktops late 2010.

btw, speedtest.net gives the world's speedranking fyi.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 12:48am On Oct 09, 2009
Ascony:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? shocked shocked shocked
80gbps? with that speed , i will download real girls from carribean, and after much i will upload them back to their base. grin grin grin

LMAO

dave.emuobo:

I tink we should all be logical,but i must say we're to carried away by our wisdom? to think for ourselves.as for dat 80gbps (or 80gBps ),may i ask what connection is that guy using b4 he got that speed.Dsl,or cable or vsat?none has that capacity(the fastest connectn in d world as at 2mnths ago.is provided by NIB India @ 48MBps, not 48mbps ).

btw the fastest normal pc connection to a network is the gigabit lan of 1gbps as of aug 2009(or correct me, since we re dynamic).even if your isp provides 80gbps,which pc will utilize all of that speed?

Gettit straight ppl, your pc can only get upto 1gbps unless u want to install sun sparc servers in your room.

, the world is still growing and being optimistic doesnt me we shud show d crap we're made of k, ?

But sha, i 'm optimistic bout the day we acheive that.btw i get 9mBps with my isp(vsat with satellites by new skies satellite).
As for fibre optics,plans are made to deploy them to consumer desktops late 2010.

btw, speedtest.net gives the world's speedranking fyi.

I am using Starcoms CDMA 1x USB Modem as a gateway to the foreign server called VPS. It was basically meant for hosting forex softwares but I discovered that the remote desktop can be alot more useful. I can access my desktop from any computer connected to the internet.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 1:02am On Oct 09, 2009
erico2k2:

Guy relax, Nigerians aint that naive anymore,what you a stating is just not atainable even on forein servers,Im in Nigeria at teh moment and I have brought my wireles network with me(Tmobile UK) it still has to roam fru MTN my max speed is 460.8kbs.The other thing is when I use my sony ericson K810i as a modern it directly connects with my laptop and there is something calle an ethernet emulator port ie my phone becomes a server and can connect to more than one computer it then displays a speed of up to 980.8Kbs but that aint the true sped, its just the speed of connection between my phone and my laptop ok.

I respectfully disagree with you erico2k2. With my small age and experience, I have learnt not to say impossible until proven beyond any reasonable doubt. What is impossible to Mr A could be possible to Mr B. The difference is just as a result of information they possess. And if you want a demonstration, then no problem. I will do a vidoe of myself using the service and post it for you to see if you are going to pay the camera man.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Czarskit(m): 1:06am On Oct 09, 2009
Mine is 3Gig/month. . . grin
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 1:08am On Oct 09, 2009
Infoseye:

Can you pls explain how you increased your 115.2kps to 16gps?

I am using Starcoms CDMA 1x USB Modem as a gateway to the foreign server called VPS. It was originally meant for hosting forex softwares like EAs. I use it to test run EAs for a one-month period on uninterrupted dedicated server but I discovered that the remote desktop can be alot more useful. I can access my desktop from any computer connected to the internet.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by tunde300us(m): 10:31am On Oct 09, 2009
@mr surveycash: pls explain how ur 115.2kbps can increase to 16gbs by just connecting to a server
what is the logic behind dis ur magic now,what ure sayin in effect is that ma friends in nija with 1kbps can as well connect to this ur miracle server and get 16gbs,pls give us small respect now for nija.Even if we neva reach there it dosent warrant u messsing with ppls head.
Prof PELLA in the house grin
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by daveemuobo(m): 1:14pm On Oct 09, 2009
Surveycash,hope u know the highest theoretical speed of usb 2.0 for data transfer is 480mbps(or 60mBps) (1Byte= 8bits hence the big B and small b).k?Usb modem cant use
upto that max speed because of standardisations.

And czarskit, i hope u dont mean 3GB download limit (u're usin mtn's plan??!)

Pls o, Ppl lets google for what a gateway is,starcomms is still in charge of ur network layer, hence its imposse to get a higher speed than ur networks' except na special arrange AND a different hardware nd not ur usb modem.

Google shud be our best frnd.,For a usb modem,the speed is 115kbps or 420kbps or 921kbps or for highend modems its,3.6mbps or 7.2mbps or 14.4mbps.That's not implyin that i'm not optimistic 4 better speeds,the world is growin everyday but thats why usb 2.0 will soon give way to usb 3.0.so,lets STOP hopin for better speeds on our usb modem.Best is 921kbps on a STANDARD fone usb modem. Or upto 14Mbps for dedicated usb modems or highend fones.even my nokia 3.5g hsdpa fone of 3.6Mbps will connect to my pc at a max speed of 921kBs, therefore my max browsin speed ever on d fone if used as a modem will be 3.6mbps/8=450kBps.

Gurus in the house,i'm open to correction since tech changes every second.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by sylve11: 2:10pm On Oct 09, 2009
Ascony:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? shocked shocked shocked
80gbps? with that speed , i will download real girls from carribean, and after much i will upload them back to their base. grin grin grin

lol grin unserious dude! grin cool

But come to think of it, that's crazy 80gig p/s shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Infoseye(m): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2009
"Reads all post above and wonders when Nigeria will improve, at least manage our Internet service better without sucking our wallet dry for their expensive average intertenet service performance"
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2009
While una dey argue! Me & dat guy dey download & upload exotic babes, download money 4rm Cbn vault, even heal people by uploading sickness from their body
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 11:45am On Oct 10, 2009
While una dey argue! Me & dat guy dey download & upload exotic babes, download money 4rm Cbn vault, even heal people by uploading sickness from their body
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2009
Like that & like that
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Vincent41(m): 4:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
Guy 80gb or not nigeria will never reach to that extent
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 11:30pm On Oct 10, 2009
dave.emuobo:

Surveycash,hope u know the highest theoretical speed of usb 2.0 for data transfer is 480mbps(or 60mBps) (1Byte= 8bits hence the big B and small b).k?Usb modem cant use
upto that max speed because of standardisations.

And czarskit, i hope u dont mean 3GB download limit (u're usin mtn's plan??!)

Pls o, Ppl lets google for what a gateway is,starcomms is still in charge of your network layer, hence its imposse to get a higher speed than your networks' except na special arrange AND a different hardware nd not your usb modem.

Google shud be our best frnd.,For a usb modem,the speed is 115kbps or 420kbps or 921kbps or for highend modems its,3.6mbps or 7.2mbps or 14.4mbps.That's not implyin that i'm not optimistic 4 better speeds,the world is growin everyday but thats why usb 2.0 will soon give way to usb 3.0.so,lets STOP hopin for better speeds on our usb modem.Best is 921kbps on a STANDARD fone usb modem. Or upto 14Mbps for dedicated usb modems or highend fones.even my nokia 3.5g hsdpa fone of 3.6Mbps will connect to my pc at a max speed of 921kBs, therefore my max browsin speed ever on d fone if used as a modem will be 3.6mbps/8=450kBps.

Gurus in the house,i'm open to correction since tech changes every second.

Please people, I said in my first post that I am browsing at 1.6gbps not 16gbps. Please take note. And I want to state here that it is not free oooh. Soup wey sweet, na money , Thank God you know say na money kill am.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by malone5923(m): 1:27am On Oct 11, 2009
The highest a 3.6mbps modem can get is 439.5KBps when converted to kilobytes.
@Survey cash. What is the name of your isp? And if you dont mind tell us the price.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2009
malone5923:

The highest a 3.6mbps modem can get is 439.5KBps when converted to kilobytes.
@Survey cash. What is the name of your isp? And if you dont mind tell us the price.

As I said in earlier replies, I am using Starcomms CDMA 1x USB Modem. Any modem will do, even the one used by the freedom browsers. All we need is a gateway to access the remote ISP. See pictures below to understand what is really happening.

It is a foreign server in the US called EZHost. I pay $70usd monthly subscription.

Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Infoseye(m): 7:10am On Oct 13, 2009
@survey cash I make use of 3uk 3g usb modem how do go about this Vpn thanks.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by donjon: 7:36am On Oct 13, 2009
Bros! If dem dem scam u!
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by tunde300us(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2009
Abeg dont throw ur moni away oh,dis guy say he has a vpn link in the US and he paid to use it.My guess is dat the the vpn link is basically for his forex account.I am yet to believe dat a 152kbps link can be increased to 1.6gbps without any physical change.if it is possible even local ISP's in Nigeria will not need SAT3 again
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 11:13am On Oct 13, 2009
donjon:

Bros! If dem dem scam u!

Who is scamming who? The EZHost scamming it's users or Me scamming those requesting explanation on how the VPS works? Please be explicit.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 11:30am On Oct 13, 2009
tunde300us:

Abeg dont throw your moni away oh,dis guy say he has a vpn link in the US and he paid to use it.My guess is dat the the vpn link is basically for his forex account.I am yet to believe dat a 152kbps link can be increased to 1.6gbps without any physical change.if it is possible even local ISP's in Nigeria will not need SAT3 again

It is called VPS (Virtual Private Server) not VPN. I already said in my earlier post that it was basically meant for running forex EAs but I found out that it is exactly like a desktop but in a remote location. I loaded mozilla and it accepted. I tried google.com and it opened. I was just exploring the remote desktop. I went to oldapps.com to try download the latest yahoo messenger of 16.01MB. Immediately I clicked the download button, I saw open file. I was shocked. I thought it was error download.

when I opened the folder, alas!, the set up was there. When I double clicked it, the installation was done in less than 4 seconds. You all know how long it will take me to download a-16mb file with a an ISP of 115.2kbps.

Talking about throwing a money. You are right. You can throw away your money if you don't know the reason why you are investing it in a particular project.

To me, I don't think am throwing a way $70usd to make $374usd in 2 weeks.

On believing 115.2kbps increased to 1.6gbps without any physical change, do the maths yourself.
size = 16.01mb
download time = 0.01secs
download speed = ? you can fill in the gap

Hope I answered your questions?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by lynxnoon(m): 11:36am On Oct 13, 2009
was abt to ask u to explain ursef b4 guys eat u raw grin grin grin
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by malone5923(m): 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2009
Guy continue with your explanation. One thing I do doubt is about your speed, like what tunde said there has to be some physical change. From 115-1gb its like forcing an old lady to outrun a cheetar(when she no be witch we go make am fit fly).
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by tunde300us(m): 6:24pm On Oct 13, 2009
U didnt answer ma questn oga,i asked how is it possible to have a virtual server that has capabilities more than ur 115.2kbps modem,pls check wat it means to have anytin virtual (look alike)it dosent exist but it serves as a tunnel of some sort and has everytin u need to run wateva it has not what u want.

Even dat 115.2kbps sef isnt a dedicated one so ure not even gettin 115.2kbps 4rm ur modem. But if u say it is true then it means i can copy a 200gig file on ma virtual hard drive that has a realistic 10gig space .abi ?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 7:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
tunde300us:

U didnt answer ma questn oga,i asked how is it possible to have a virtual server that has capabilities more than your 115.2kbps modem,pls check wat it means to have anytin virtual (look alike)it dosent exist but it serves as a tunnel of some sort and has everytin u need to run wateva it has not what u want.

Even dat 115.2kbps sef isnt a dedicated one so ure not even gettin 115.2kbps 4rm your modem. But if u say it is true then it means i can copy a 200gig file on ma virtual hard drive that has a realistic 10gig space .abi ?

Guys, VPS means Virtual Private Server a.k.a RDp (Remote Desktop).

How Does it work?
This is what happens. There are two computers here, Mine and the other is the remote. This remote computer exist somewhere in the USA. It acts as a server that runs on a 1.6gbps while mine runs at 115.2kps.

To tap into the speed of this high speed server, I need a link to do that. My Starcomms 115.2kps serves as the network link to the external (Virtual) server. Once I get hooked up (with my admin name and password), I can now have the capability to surf the net with the speed of this virtual server.

The downside of this VPS is that you are given a dedicated file and memory size which may not be enough to carry all your downloads but can be used for basic internet purposes. For instance, the one I am using presently gives me a disk space of 3gb though the ram is 39.1gb with a 2.4ghz processor.

Hope you find these tips explanatory?

Thank you.

Hassan
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by Infoseye(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2009
surveycash:

Guys, VPS means Virtual Private Server a.k.a RDp (Remote Desktop).

How Does it work?
This is what happens. There are two computers here, Mine and the other is the remote. This remote computer exist somewhere in the USA. It acts as a server that runs on a 1.6gbps while mine runs at 115.2kps.

To tap into the speed of this high speed server, I need a link to do that. My Starcomms 115.2kps serves as the network link to the external (Virtual) server. Once I get hooked up (with my admin name and password), I can now have the capability to surf the net with the speed of this virtual server.

The downside of this VPS is that you are given a dedicated file and memory size which may not be enough to carry all your downloads but can be used for basic internet purposes. For instance, the one I am using presently gives me a disk space of 3gb though the ram is 39.1gb with a 2.4ghz processor.

Hope you find these tips explanatory?

Thank you.

Hassan

How do I get started thanks.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by malone5923(m): 11:14pm On Oct 13, 2009
Yes how do we get started?
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by tunde300us(m): 12:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
Because it is now a remote desktop it stops being a virtual,i will stand on ma argument.U cannot increase ur internet speed without something from ur end.
What u just tried to explain to me is basically a virtual environment that does not have anytin to do with internet speed.
See ur internet speed as a pipe of 2inch diameter,and at every secs the total amount of water that can pass through it is cant have more than 2inch in size too,if on its way to ur house u now increase that pipe to 10inch or at either ends u increase it am sure ure just wasting ur time cos u have been allocated a 2inch space and nothing on either side will make it larger except.
But i wish those who have monies to spend to go on and spend it. At this juncture i rest my case maybe some other who have more info can help us here cos i think we are just cross fertilizing ideas here
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by hayprof(m): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2009
See argument, where sule dey ? angry
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by surveycash(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2009
tunde300us:

Because it is now a remote desktop it stops being a virtual,i will stand on ma argument.U cannot increase your internet speed without something from your end.
What u just tried to explain to me is basically a virtual environment that does not have anytin to do with internet speed.
See your internet speed as a pipe of 2inch diameter,and at every secs the total amount of water that can pass through it is cant have more than 2inch in size too,if on its way to your house u now increase that pipe to 10inch or at either ends u increase it am sure ure just wasting your time cos u have been allocated a 2inch space and nothing on either side will make it larger except.
But i wish those who have monies to spend to go on and spend it. At this juncture i rest my case maybe some other who have more info can help us here cos i think we are just cross fertilizing ideas here

tunde, hmmmn. Thank you for your constructive arguments. But the fact still remains, I am browsing on 1.6gbps.
Re: The Fastest Internet In The World by tunnex190: 4:29pm On Oct 14, 2009
Ha, na wa oh! I can't read all what you guys had typed because it was too long and not interesting for me. Anyway, i didn't blame you because you didn't pay for it. Had it been that you paid by kilobytes or whatever bytes, you'll definately know how much is going to cost you. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Suprise:how To Get Free N450 Airtime To Call All Network Daily / My Top Five(5) Gionee Phones / How To Transfer Files Wirelessly With Xender From PC To Phone Or Phone To PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.