Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,269 members, 7,836,213 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga (18024 Views)

Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member / Nigerians Misinterpreted Me – Bayo Onanuga, NAN MD Reacts To Backlash / Angry Nigerians Blast Bayo Onanuga Over Insensitive Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Wizzyblack3(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2016
ArmedRobber:
He has some points though, hunger is in the Land for those that refuse to Leave the city.
This issue of Hunger was blown out of proportion by unscropulous never do well Elements,just to paint this administration bad.

Rural areas in Lagos like ipaja,ayobo,e.t.c you can't still get cheap foodstuffs in this area.
I was at megida junction ayobo last week and someone bought a derica of Rice for N220 and beans for N180
That's when I realised Aboki in ikoyi,mama ngozi at obalende market re cheating us.
Imagine I pay N350 for a derica of Rice and N300 for beans in obalende-ikoyi axis.
I spend almost 10k on foodstuff at obalende market last month which I could have bought cheaper at ayobo including transport.
Govt needs a price regulation system to check the activities of this traders.
Especially the ones on island.them just dey Rob us of our hard. Earned cash
No body is rubbing you buddie, You're talking about price difference and not taking location into consideration, how do you expect someone selling Ikoyi and Ayobo to sell at d same price? How much is shop rent in Ayobo compared to Ikoyi? Land use charge nko? Tax? Electricity consumption charge? Unnecessary Local Government levies and others useless charges nko? Are they ever the same in both locations? How much do you rent an apartment in Ayobo compared to Ikoyi? Then you should say Landlords in Ikoyi are rubbing you as well.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Okpore101(m): 10:46am On Sep 07, 2016
Fyno:
your on point brother, I even bought a Bag of Rice at #8000 at shoprite owerri today while they keep saying its #20000.
NNPC near my HUX dey sell kerosene at #35 a liter,one paint of garri is #250,Yam 100 a tuber even idomie super park is now #650 a carton.
PDP wants to rubbish our grandfather just because he's old

Hahahahahahahahha..... Bros you nogo keh me with laugh oooooo!
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by kombitel(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2016
This man is obviously out of touch, When you can afford to send your child to London, how will you understand the pains of the man who has not been paid for 5 months in Benue state or Osun state? How will you connect to the pains of the man who has been laid off by diamond bank or salary slashed by 50% overnight by Heritage bank!

Lets get it clear...Hardship in Nigeria has grown in last 2 years. The logic is simple. Inflation at circa 20%. Salary flat. Non food inflation at 100%. There is no way quality of life will remain the same. What he should know is there is what economists call elastic limits in demand and supply. If the guy in the village where he priced the so called foodstuff cannot afford any price higher than what he bought, He should know they will never pay more. A man who makes 18k as basic salary & u think he is enjoying where transport cost alone can wipe off his earnings. Where is the luxury to be calling tomatoes of 1000NGN "cheap"?

If he has nothing more constructive to say, He can please hold his peace.

We need ideas now to expand opportunities and come out of recession and not some sh*t talking nincompoop.

So what does he expect the media to say ... Nigerians are living eldorado Rabbish.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Africanman123(m): 11:13am On Sep 07, 2016
LOL, This man is definitely not living in Nigeria. Who uses 1k to buy fruits?? grin
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by prince985(m): 11:18am On Sep 07, 2016
AntiWailer:
Yes it is blown out of proportion.

I read Fuel is to be increased but i bought fuel for 140 naira per litre today.

We read how a man jumped from a tall building because of hardship in Nigeria it appears the man jumped in Uganda on our behalf.

We heard another one commited suicide, meanwhile investigation showed he was killed and a rope was arranged to cover up the murder.

They talk as if there is no longer light in Nigeria, infact some one wrote how there was no light in Lagos.

The times are hard but MAGNIFYING it to favour PDP and the rogues who are just bent on escaping prosecution will be to the detriment of the common masses.
senseless person. have u asked urself wat it means to suffer in d first place? or u think it is only when people start dieing of starvation that u can call it suffering? FYI if u dont enjoy 24hrs light like d Americans and some other countries do u ar suffering. if u buy fuel for up to 100 naira per liter u are suffering. if u have to worry about water supply u are suffering..if u drive along an untarred road u are suffering. because u are managing to live does not mean things are not that bad..Nigerians have been suffering before this uneducated idiot came into power only that it doubled by the time his administration started..think

2 Likes

Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by sorepco(m): 11:23am On Sep 07, 2016
Whats wrong with u? U dont understand sarcasm?? The guy is there insulting buhari and onanuga n u de think another thing....

Branzy:
Abeg I go send yu moni make yu buy 20 bags.. Anufia
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by AntiWailer: 11:24am On Sep 07, 2016
prince985:
senseless person. have u asked urself wat it means to suffer in d first place? or u think it is only when people start dieing of starvation that u can call it suffering? FYI if u dont enjoy 24hrs light like d Americans and some other countries do u ar suffering. if u buy fuel for up to 100 naira per liter u are suffering. if u have to worry about water supply u are suffering..if u drive along an untarred road u are suffering. because u are managing to live does not mean things are not that bad..Nigerians have been suffering before this uneducated idiot came into power only that it doubled by the time his administration started..think

Another class opened entirely on a different subject matter.

Go back and read within context and spare me the sermon.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by mengho(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2016
no sir, the 1000 naira u spend to buy those things in bauchi used to cost around 500-400 naira in bauchi state. I don't know how people leave in d city but over here I can get a good soup with half kilo of meat with 1000 naira but b4 d recession it used to be around 600-700 naira.
And money ain't easy to get for some people nowadays soo, there is definitely hardship in d land.
By d way I stay in d north & I also farm so I know the cost of most things dats why is pretty hard for traders to over charge me.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Gamusgamus: 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Fourwinds: 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Orubebe.....we can not take it....bubu. bubu. bubu. bubu. bubu. bubu. bubu..

puyaga. puyaga puyaga
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Branzy:
.. Abeg I go send yu moni make yu buy 20 bags.. Anufia
Don't take life too serious. Maybe u should lookup d word 'sarcasm'
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by freshiemichael: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
Fyno:
your on point brother, I even bought a Bag of Rice at #8000 at shoprite owerri today while they keep saying its #20000.
NNPC near my HUX dey sell kerosene at #35 a liter,one paint of garri is #250,Yam 100 a tuber even idomie super park is now #650 a carton.

I don't wht to call u but u r wht u r: agent of dackness!....where in dz country Nigeria can we get all u claim here better change ur ways before vulture would devour u alive! ewu awusa!!!
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by freshiemichael: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
True.

It has now become the pastime of those, who have failed personally in life to attribute it to Buhari.

Your personal failings was not caused by this Government,so check yourself.

If in 2016,you are educated and still blaming Buhari for you not succeeding in life then (A)Change your Job (B)Change your lifestyle (C)Change your cycle and environment (D)Change your friends

And

(E) Go to your village to beg them to leave you alone.

Buhari has nothing to do with your sufferings.

the hunger dtz dealing with u has affected ur sense of reasoning; u need a psychiatrist/psychologist.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Harvigh(m): 2:01pm On Sep 07, 2016
ArmedRobber:

Don' t worry stay put in the city and expect price of foodstuff to reduce
While others re now patronising rural areas to buy in cheaper price
Ayobo ipaja is in outskirt of Lagos foodstuff re cheaper there I wonder where all this imaginary figure of Rice came from

Are you talking about the same Ayobo Ipaja where one derica of rice sells for 280/300? I wasn't told, I live there! Don't just write anything simply because you still believe in your lord Buhari, he's a disaster!
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by justli: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
Branzy:
You failed to see the brilliant sarcasm in that comment. The guy deserves a recharge card if you ask me. "PDP wants to rubbish our grandfather because he is old" grin grin grin
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by DrP2000(m): 2:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
Fyno:

In short, Mr Bigs and Tantalizers are now sharing their foods free, just go in and serve yourself, flight to any part of Nigeria is free now, even private hospitals now offer free services. This kind of people is why this country will never be good but GOD is in control.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by ArmedRobber: 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2016
Harvigh:

Are you talking about the same Ayobo Ipaja where one derica of rice sells for 280/300? I wasn't told, I live there! Don't just write anything simply because you still believe in your lord Buhari, he's a disaster!

Jesu.!!!! FYI buhari is not my Lord kk,don't take it too personal.

Where in ayobo did u buy a derica of Rice for N300..?
I'm going to ayobo this weekend maybe I can confirm
Thanks
Cos there was a nairalander. that testify to it too,cos price of rice is at 200 to N220 at captain davis
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by ReachHard: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
DAMN, mehn!...
All these insults on the poor man here alone can make him turn in his resignation lerra to Bubu tonight ooo :-D :-D

Poor ex-Punchman; you don enter hot edikang nkong soup wey Naija pipu cook for you, hehehehehehehe LMFAO!
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by coolplanet: 3:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
ArmedRobber:

Don' t worry stay put in the city and expect price of foodstuff to reduce
While others re now patronising rural areas to buy in cheaper price
Ayobo ipaja is in outskirt of Lagos foodstuff re cheaper there I wonder where all this imaginary price of Rice came from

so,how much is bag of rice in ayobo,was it harvested there or imported.so dollar no affect am abi.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Longman6(m): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2016
The truth is Nigerians aren't suffering the same way, the rich don't know that people suffer, no matter the logic in this man's statement he has shown to be someone who lacks empathy and one who is lacking in wisdom.Even Buhari few months ago said"I know your pains"inflation rate has gone up and last week the NBS put unemployment rate at 43%..in a sane country no one makes such comments.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by bashydemy1: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
pilotab55:
Dog na go chop dat ur mouth.
How now? is that all you can type despite how the man analyses every issue? Well the problem of Nigerians is that some of them are lazy and when they see little opportunity they use that as an excuse...

If you say people are suffering go to Beer parlors, Clubs etc you see How fill up those places are with some drinking up to 5 bottle of beer or more? How much did they sell brandy, Whisky, etc inside the club? some people buy more than 5. It's festive period and people are buying Rams on daily basis and where is the suffering? Hardworking people never complain it's those lazy and propagandist that always complain.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by bashydemy1: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
chachanga:
He needs to leave his comfort zone and come to our side where that 1400 will hardly buy enough pepper for stew!

PL side is still technically part of the Central Nigeria Food Belt now? And ABUJA is a dumping hub!

Other areas are not faring so much better. Hasty generalizations and verbal diarrhea are unsuited to a public officer of his calibre.
He should come to you side? Someone said he was in Jos, Bauchi and even Abuja and things are not as they've been painted and you ask him to come to you side abeg where be your side ooo?
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by bashydemy1: 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2016
Branzy:
Why send money when you can turn to a business man with this, Travel to oweri buy lots of bags and resell whereever you reside.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by bashydemy1: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
ArmedRobber:
He has some points though, hunger is in the Land for those that refuse to Leave the city.
This issue of Hunger was blown out of proportion by unscropulous never do well Elements,just to paint this administration bad.

Rural areas in Lagos like ipaja,ayobo,e.t.c you can't still get cheap foodstuffs in this area.
I was at megida junction ayobo last week and someone bought a derica of Rice for N220 and beans for N180
That's when I realised Aboki in ikoyi,mama ngozi at obalende market re cheating us.
Imagine I pay N350 for a derica of Rice and N300 for beans in obalende-ikoyi axis.
I spend almost 10k on foodstuff at obalende market last month which I could have bought cheaper at ayobo including transport.
Govt needs a price regulation system to check the activities of this traders.
Especially the ones on island.them just dey Rob us of our hard. Earned cash

God bless you my brother, So many of those shouting about hunger, people dying are the enemy of the Govt whoa re doing everything to paint this administration bad.. Let look at things from this angle..

I base in Cotonou but have my house in Sango Otta.. If you want to rent a shop in Sango otta highest should be around -5k-10 but anywhere from Abule Egba to Lagos it won't be the same and you will never expect them to sale their good same price with the people of Sango Otta.

Secondly you consider about rent, Someone people still pay less than 70k yearly for Self contain and some are paying about 350k for the same self contain.. My junior brother is paying over 200k for the same self contain somewhere around Abule Egba..

Go to Shoprite, Galleria, Ozone and see how feel those places are weekend but people who cannot afford to go there will be shouting hunger in the land...

My senior stock his house with food stuff once in a month and it has been like for almost a decade and he has never complain of prices of commodities..

So most people by their stuffs in Lagos or in the city? Even if its just last saturday of the month take a drive to one rural area get what you and stock your house will foods and you will stop complaining and mind you there are rural areas in every state and someone just mention Ayobo-Ipaja. I belive it will be the same in someone like Ikorodu, Epe etc.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by bashydemy1: 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
shyling:

****so government should regulate a free market? By the time dollar exchange rate goes to a thousand naira your reasoning will improve!
So you buy food stuffs in Dollar? did we import garri, Red oil, tomato, Pepper etc? wake up bro.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by armadeo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
A whole #1400 for fruit.

For past time.

How many can afford it?

Clown.

1 Like

Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by bashydemy1: 4:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
meezynetwork:
it seems other sections of the country are not feeling the hardship except people from one particular section of the country. Well, being someone from that section, I will advice my fellow people from "that section" to pls avoid the criticism. Seriously I am making hell of money at the detriments of the Nigeria policy with my side business. I hv seen my money tripled all cos of Buhari bad policies. I buy things in wholesale, the hoard it cos I know definitely it will triple in the next month, when it does, I sell them off and I look for other cheaper goods to buy that hasn't so much increase. So tell me how I will be feeling the effect of the harsh economy when am making hell of money and also receiving my salary.

With the bold you just shoot yourself in the leg hoping you trying to tarnish the image of PMB policy.. Now some questions for you.

1.. Where do you buy those things you resell for high price do you buy them from Heaven?

2.. The laziness of those gullible city dweller is making you richer is you are been honest.

I have also been thinking of going to the east to buy Anambra rice that was sell below #10k and bring them to Lagos in large quantity and tarted selling for about 12k naira and mind you i will spend upto 500 naira on each bags to move them to Lagos..
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by mikki123(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
The man is divorced from present reality
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by CioAngels(f): 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Chief onanuga, thank you for laughing at the poor, some who rejected brown envelops while working against your collecting to write false stories. Mr onanuga, have you heard Nigeria now have Ex-Millionaires and Ex-Billionaire who were also flying first class with virgin airline. How are you sure that with your view about the dying masses of Nigeria out of starvation, that your own case will not be so with your household in the very near future?
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by Jimi23(m): 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
vislabraye:

Una know una selves. I no follow you join tongue

4 ur mind.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by kannymoore(m): 8:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Harvigh:

You don't live in Ayobo.

Do not tell lies abeg.
Re: Reports Of Hardship In Nigeria ‘mere Propaganda’ – NAN Chief, Onanuga by kannymoore(m): 8:17pm On Sep 07, 2016
ArmedRobber:

Jesu.!!!! FYI buhari is not my Lord kk,don't take it too personal.

Where in ayobo did u buy a derica of Rice for N300..?
I'm going to ayobo this weekend maybe I can confirm
Thanks
Cos there was a nairalander. that testify to it too,cos price of rice is at 200 to N220 at captain davis

Don't mind him

He is lying.

He doesn't live in Ayobo abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NAFDAC Warns Nigerians On Products Advertised On Social Media / Anambra Election: PDP's Ozigbo Wins Own Polling Unit / Peter Obi Celebrates Tunde Ednut On His 38th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.