Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,797 members, 7,827,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? (1964 Views)

Things You Shouldn't Be Ashamed Of Doing Or Asking When With The Opposite Sex / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / I Am Ashamed Of Myself Right Now... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by Ben13: 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2009
Blame it on their ancestors.
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by sweetpie23: 8:52pm On Oct 08, 2009
Ben-10:

plain stupid remark
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by onijogbon(m): 9:00pm On Oct 08, 2009
Ben-10:

and ya point being? why not elaborate on that?

i go come back come check on how u go "enlighten" us on that.  ***hisses***
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by noetic15(m): 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
funkybaby:

moi?

my diction is good enough. i dont have to speak through my noise to prove a point.

hmmmmm. seems you are one of those naija guys that do it.

just so you know. you sound really silly while at it. dont do it again. sho gbo?

not at all. I have an exceptionally good oratory prowess. . , . why would I need a fake accent?
I know u are a repentant faker. . . . , good to know u have repented cheesy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by funkybaby(f): 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2009
noetic15:

not at all. I have an exceptionally good oratory prowess. . , . why would I need a fake accent?

sing that to the birds. britico wanna-be  grin

noetic15:

I know u are a repentant faker. . . . , good to know u have repented cheesy shocked shocked shocked

i guess you have cataract of the eye  kiss

didnt you read my post? olodo rabata.  cheesy
i posted that i have good diction   smiley

if being fake is disliking wannabes like you, i choose not to repent

think am nowwwww . . . . you are the one that needs deliverance from the spirit of inferiority complex.  grin
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by ubiaa5(f): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
hahaha i see u r rilled up thou i did nt get ur last post.
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2009
Because I'm African, I must be your friend? You must be joking. undecided
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by sweetpie23: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
do you even understand the topic? undecided
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Oct 09, 2009
Its just self-hatred. If a racist government comes into power in US or UK? they will still tell all of them to pack and go back to Africa. In other words, to the white man they are all Africans.
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by osakawa: 3:57am On Oct 10, 2009
These Africans that pretend or act as if they better than other Africans in the presence of white people are just ignorant "house negroes" I had a friend who would always introduce me as Nigerian and call himself "British" and yet he would always run to me for all sort of favors, which his white friends cannot do for him.

These types of Africans who become ashamed of their identities overseas are the products of corrupt African officials who after leaving the continent and realize the sufferings imposed on their fellow Africans by the corrupt actions of their parents back in Africa begin to see themselves as better and tend to distance themselves from the misery and hunger in Africa.

The bottomline is that these class of Africans are the beneficiaries of the stolen wealth of other Africans and they do not want to be called out as theives or family of theives, hence they distance themselves. period.
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by sweetpie23: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
wink true talk
Re: Why Are Some African Ashamed Of Their Identity? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2009
I dont know any African who is ashamed of their identity but some of them are too pompous.

Its actually the other way round- they try to send you on a guilt trip if you dont act like them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Take? (Marriage Related) / Ashawo Kobo-kobo... / 15 Things A Girl Wants From Her Guy But Won't Ask For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.