Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (17576 Views)

How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. / Prophecy And Relationships / Blame It On The Other Girl Syndrome: Inferiority Complex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by Immortalme(m): 5:27pm On May 21, 2006
Generally speaking, When u see urself as inferior, pple will treat u as such. People should learn 2 be themselves and stop seeing themselves as being inferior 2 others no matter their background.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by Ndipe(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2006
I do not suffer from inferiority complex. I am the kind of guy who is adept at handling conversations at a cocktail party with a managing partner of a law firm and at the same time, at ease in cracking palm kernel with my peers at a kitchen hearth.

I don't care how much money a lady makes or what family she hails from, I am my own person. People tend to think that I am 'cocky', while others who know me say that I am humble. My brother's relationship and subsequent marriage to a Medical student was quite a shocker to some people. People were asking me, "Is she really a medical student, or is she pre-med"? And one of them has a visible stature in the society here in the bay area. Another one has a Masters degree. So, while education is usually seen as a stepping stone in curbing one's inferiority complex, that does not really hold true. To be confident, you have to be humble and believe in yourself.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by teeroy(m): 3:46pm On May 22, 2006
read ART OF SEDUCTION by Robert Greene.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by kimba(m): 2:12pm On May 23, 2006
@teeroy

I know a married man that got into serious problem after reading that ART of Seduction book by R. Greene.

You know what, that man was the definition of Fornication and Adultery, he was doing it in the office, in his neighborhood(what could be worse than a man sleeping with the wife of his next door neighbor, with only a fence separating the two of them), with Christians and Muslims, married women and single girls. It was more like a curse. The funny thing is everywoman that crossed this man's part always got pregnant. Not that I promote his way of life, but there was a time I was asking myself if this man every knew what a condom was, at a time, some 5-women were simultaneuously pregnant for him with the leaset pregnancy like 3months, Imagine the sight, 4-pregnant women accusing 1-man and he coudn't deny.

at the end of the day, he had to carry his book to his church and had to be "delivered", coz he said his problem started after reading that book.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by osaro(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2006
well, i can c that alot of MEN are in this 'house'.now i want to "trow" this important question to u all,

DOES IT REALLY MEAN THAT U GUYS CANNOT GET MARRIED TO A LADY

OLDER THAN U ARE?
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by osaro(m): 1:26pm On May 25, 2006
I want to let u guys know sometihing very important. IF U SOMETIMES U SUFFER FROM

INFERIORITY COMPLEX JUST BECAUSE U MEET SOMEONE OR SOMETHING THAT

SEEMS TO SURPASS UR ACHEIVEMENT IN LIFE,I FEEL VERY SORRY 4 U BECOS U WILL

KEEP COMING IN CANTACT WITH SOMEONE THAT SEEMS TO HAVE MORE THAN U DO,NO

MATTER WHAT U'VE ACHEIVED IN LIFE.

NOTE: Except u carry the life of God in u,i tell u the truth,u will never understand ur worth and u will always come in contact with someone that seems to have achieved something in life more than u have.As a result,always make u surfer inferiority.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by Rhodalyn(f): 12:29pm On May 26, 2006
yeap! thats how it mostly is! even guys are shy of asking me out shocked  shocked  shocked   cheesy yeap! because they tend to think ohh she's too much for me and that she's just going to laugh at me kind of thing U know what i mean??

but really i aint like that at all! because i believe everyone has the right to love somebody no matter who it is yeah??
well, thats also because i don't give people an inviting face if U know what i mean,i put on a look that kind of says ''don't U dare come near me U loser'' thou im very friendly when U get to know me, when i was in boarding skuul, my seniors Used to tell me i always frown and blah blah blah and that if i don't stop no guy is ever going to have the courage to ask me out and blah blah blah not that i give a fxxk! they're always coming in batallions grin i mean the guys grin

well but i only keep that face when im shy and i don't want U to know lol cheesy
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by sammyjl(f): 3:39pm On Nov 09, 2006
smiley I think it all comes down to education. undecided Dont you?
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:07pm On Nov 09, 2006
intresting grin.a guy is handsome,sophisticated,good ride,good crib,good manners etc,and the lady is just a mere struggling secetary or student.she also notices that the ladies flocking around him are sophisticated and seem to flow in his class well,no matter what there would always be doubts cause the lady involved would starts to compare herself with these other sophisticated ladies around and would start to doubt wether she meets his material standards,its also with the lady being rich and a guy who is just struggling to make ends meets.so no matter what these doubts would always be there.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by dremoney(m): 10:33pm On Sep 16, 2007
different pple wit differ orientation.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by aadun: 1:52pm On Dec 06, 2007
@ seun

(Well in my life, I have been thoroughly outclassed [outsmarted] in a quarrel by two just women. One of them is gay, and both of them are Yoruba, and I will never forget them. Maybe that is why I have these ideas that are not progressive at all; perhaps other Nigerian men are not like that, but I doubt it )

With regards to your text above, atleast you're man enough to admit that such ideas are indeed not progressive! grin
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by babycool(f): 3:28pm On Dec 06, 2007
@  Seun Osewa
There is nothing wrong with dating a girl who is richer than you, if you respect her, she will respect you, but i don't know why men don't always seem to get it. 

A person who has inferioty complex will not direct it only to the opposite sex, it's there all the time but it's only exhbited when he/ she is with someone that they strongly like or dislike.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by tpiah: 6:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
Well in my life, I have been thoroughly outclassed [outsmarted] in a quarrel by two just women.  One of them is gay, and both of them are Yoruba, and I will never forget them. Maybe that is why I have these ideas that are not progressive at all; perhaps other Nigerian men are not like that, but I doubt it

yep, yoruba women do tend to be smart, and dont hide it.

Even the uneducated ones still have some level of savvy. call it juju or whatever.

men dont like that.

many of the men would rather you just shake your bum , show your bosom, and keep your mouth closed unless they need a blue job.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by Agibecky: 6:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
Only in Nigeria that local men feel inferior to more successful women.

Most of the men in Nigeria are actually under achievers, but they prefer posing and posturing till they pass away and have not added anything much to make a difference in life. They are just a statistic.
They will need a reorientation therapy.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by sulakishop(m): 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2010
You are what you constantly think you are!
If you think you are inferior, so be it. If otherwise, same thing!
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by Phate07(m): 1:16pm On Apr 14, 2011
ahoy LT:

Why do individuals have inferiority comples to opposite sex?

I will like you guys to help me out with this. Most individual always have inferiority complex when it come to dating and relationship. I have two friend that have two different experience.

1. A lady that works in a multinational firm and earns good money and also have a good apartment and car, yet all the guys run away from her, though she is humble and respectful. They all feel they can't handle her.

2. i have  a friend a guy that have been trying to date a girl for over a year and she always avoids him, she finally came out to say that she feels the guy is too big for her in terms of the fact that the guy is an hard working and a succesful guy and feel that the guy is too good for her.

Can you guys help me out with what seems to be the problem?

It is more like misplaced or superimposed superiority complex.
Re: Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships by GreenPost: 12:40am On Apr 07, 2016
Hi all, I know this is an old thread but wanted to give my 2 cents mainly as a way of connecting some ideas together in my own mind to try and rectify this issue but also hopefully inadvertently offer some advice. I have been in my first serious relationship for almost half a year now and I'm starting to feel inferior to my partner and in addition, my pain body likes to connect this inferiority complex with the same feeling towards guys I'm sort of friends with but they seem to be doing better than me.

It connects this because I feel like I don't deserve her and that these guys could easily come and sweep her off her feet. This is obviously not likely, from what I know in my heart, we both love each other and trust each other and this could never happen. However, the inferiority complex I have, probably caused by the social and cultural issues you guys have been talking about here, ALWAYS pushes me back. I feel like I'm getting somewhere, being what David Deida would call the 'superior man' in my relationship and the next minute, my girl has just got one step ahead of me and so have the other guys I was talking about. So I'm constantly feeling inferior.

What I have realised through reading and listening to the likes of Owen Cook from RSD is that the core issue is inaction. If you are not constantly adapting, changing to the constant flow of what's happening around you, if you are not learning from the mistakes, the curveballs that life throws at you, it's very easy to feel inferior to everyone and anyone. The key is to look at what this is teaching you. Look at what your partner being more successful, achieving more etc. is teaching you. Maybe it's teaching you that you're not competitive enough, that you need to step up. Maybe it's teaching you to be happy in yourself rather than preserving your self-confidence through pretending that the world is just the way you want it to be. From here, formulate a new plan and take action on it. If you're constantly doing this, constantly taking action, constantly formulating new plans based on the shit that's thrown at you, NOTHING can make you feel inferior. Even if your partner is in a better position than you, BE PROUD. BE PLEASED FOR THEM. Hell, be INSPIRED by them. Be honest and open with each other. Don't pretend you're superior because you're the man. Explain that you love her but that you are struggling with this inferiority complex and that you are struggling to improve your financial situation, health situation, whatever it may be...

Be proud of your partner. Be inspired by your partner. Talk to each other about it. Constantly adapt to the changing circumstances. Take action.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangerous Love / See This Valentine Themed Food, Menu (Photos) / I Love My Girlfriend But I'm Tired And Not Sexually Moved By Her Anymore. .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.