Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. (18414 Views)

Subtle Signs Of Advanced Inferiority Complex / Blame It On The Other Girl Syndrome: Inferiority Complex? / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dear nairalanders,
I have been having this problem for over a year now, after a guy told me that i am ugly and ill-endowed.

Since then i have been feeling inferior, especially when am with my friends who are beautiful. When a guy tells me i am beautiful i always feel that he is mocking me.

Please help me overcome this for it has turned me into an introvert.
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Dyt(f): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
U hav jst taken d first step

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Monicasque(f): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
go shopin for nice clothes. do your hair, nails and eye lashes. put make up that suits u. go to gym and eat right u will have so much confidence n feel so inlove with yourself that u will forget u ever felt ugly.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by eldav(m): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
Having such a feeling isnt a first in life history. That one guy told you that you arent pretty doesnt mean he is right. That you heard something different from what you usually hear from guys,which is that you are beautiful,doesnt mean you should believe that.

I want you to just have the mindset that you are a stunning girl,and that's the simple truth. U have no other choice than to believe that truth. So when next you are with your 'beautiful' friends,know you are in the same league with them or even higher.

By the way,lovely profile pix.

14 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by passionate88: 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2013
Looking at your profile pic, you are preety. I dnt think you should think of it that much.. And you are chocolatey too.. Girl u rock.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
If that's you in your DP, you're beautiful. You have to believe it yourself. You have the power to accept or discount what people say to you. Don't ever let anyone bring you down smiley. Monicasque suggested some things you can do to boost your self-confidence and feel good about yourself. Sometimes when people're mean like that, they themselves don't feel good on the inside. You don't have to let their words get to you. Cheer up, girl. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Dyt(f): 12:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
passionate88: Looking at your profile pic, you are preety, though you are kinda flat chested (maybe it's my eyes). I dnt think you should think of it that much.. And you are chocolatey too.. Girl u rock.

Do I know u?
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by passionate88: 2:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dyt:

Do I know u?
Yes ma, I know say u dn forget me for nairaland
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
Quite unfortunate that you decided to take his words and let them define you. Ever heard the term "Haters"?. They are those who envy you and wish they were you. He probably wished he had a girl like you because he couldn't have his way with you. You are endowed and shouldn't let the words of a guy define your life. You are beautiful and you know it. By the way, since when do you start caring what people think of you? angry You can't please the world, have that at the back of your mind. undecided Some will hate you for who you are, mostly because they can never be you, others will love you, it's who you are that counts not what a jerk thinks. He's a jerk and you'll only stoop to his level if you begin to ruminate on his words.
PS You have a lovely pic by the way. wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Dyt(f): 2:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
passionate88: Yes ma, I know say u dn forget me for nairaland

Na
Never
How u been?
Hugs him
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Dannyxy(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
Do not allow what others "say" or "do not say" define you as a person,the truth is pple will alwayz talk you,bt do nt allow what they say make you think less of yourself...you are beautifully nd wonderfully made,o.k....
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by wasak(m): 2:43pm On Sep 03, 2013
if u are d 1 on ur profile... pls register for next Miss Nigeria... I swear u fyn die... haba damsel.... y u create ds topic?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Ajibel(m): 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
Pls modify d title of d thread. What is "One can one..."
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by emiye(m): 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
See long neck !!!! Are you related by blood to Agbani Darego?
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by pazienza(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2013
passionate88: Looking at your profile pic, you are preety. I dnt think you should think of it that much.. And you are chocolatey too.. Girl u rock.

Yea, i was thinking the same as you.
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Primuskay: Dear nairalanders,
I have been having this problem for over a year now, after a guy told me that i am ugly and ill-endowed.

Since then i have been feeling inferior, especially when am with my friends who are beautiful. When a guy tells me i am beautiful i always feel that he is mocking me.

Its simple stop being self-conscious. Nothing else, stop thinking people are paying attention to you in a certain way, because seriously they are not.
Just live ur life, walk in the moment.

I always say Low self-esteem is worse than AIDS. It can practically destroy anybody. Low self-esteem is self-degradation caused by being too self-conscious for some time, self-consciousness as a result of a perceived bad feature in one's body.

There's nothing wrong with you my dear, its all in your head. When you are walking, you think you are not walking the right way.

I'm not a psychologist or some shrink, but I would advice you mix-up with girls, who are opposite of you i.e girls with "high self-esteem", whom you know are not self-conscious, that doesn't give a fuc.k about what others say about them. Go out with them, if possible live with them, if not spend most of your free time with them. For now, make sure you avoid solitude, when you are alone always find something to do (watch a movie, read, cook, do something) just to take ur mind off urself.

Live in the moment, live your life (YOLO).
You define yourself, a man shouldn't tell you what or who you are. My dear, when it comes to being abused about one's body, I don't think you have seen anything yet.

Low self-esteem is terrible, terrible.

That's just my own opinion.
In the words of DRAKE "May your neighbours respect you, trouble neglect you, Angels protect you, and heaven accept you".

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by adexsimply(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
easy..just put on a pair of boxing hand-gloves

..on a less serious note: you are not ugly

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by jude33084(m): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Just be yourself and pay no attention to people angry
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by ebucha: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2013
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Rexphobia(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
I bet he said that when you didn't spread your legs for him.

Identify the actual crux of his remark, then you should be good.

From your profile picture, you are definitely not ugly.

Also learn how to take compliments.

Don't search for a guy to validate your inner thoughts, you may just end up being emotional exploited

My two kobo
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
forget that muh4ka, he said it in anger, you look good jor
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by lifestyle1(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
First what do you think about your self ? are you actually the one in your profile ? lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by jude33084(m): 2:52pm On Sep 03, 2013
Primuskay: Dear nairalanders,

grin the bolded might be true sha grin
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
smh for seun & his omo alata mods. . . cheesy One can one ko, two can two ni cheesy
Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by SamConquer(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
99.9 percent of Peeps Here will run to check Her Profile Pic,I just did sha...But Girl,you ain't ugly na...

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2013

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by deeptesting(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself..........#stolen

1 Like

Re: How Do I Fight Inferiority Complex. by jude33084(m): 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
life_style: First what do you think about your self ? are you actually the one in your profile ? lipsrsealed

The gul there is pretty wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

60-Year-Old Kenyan Bride Weds For The First Time To 78-Year-Old Widower / To love who you marry or to marry who you love. / 10 Insights You Should Take Steps Into Serious Relationship Before Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.