Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. (16606 Views)

Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2016
whitecloth:

how many bags did you harvest from the 100 sacks that makes it N5,600
I didnt measure with bag since the woman buying is very close. I harvest the big ones at intervals, arranged in baskets and sent to her.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by biggal: 8:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
I don't understand is it all d sales das dat amount
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 10:44am On Nov 08, 2016
biggal:
I don't understand is it all d sales das dat amount
yes. from the first batch of 100 sacks darina i planted,before embarking on cu999variety. which is the second batch.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by biggal: 11:08am On Nov 08, 2016
D money is small does it mean u didn't get up to 100naira from one sack
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by mrfizy(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2016
shadowid:
following, am doing it in a very small capacity, my farm is in ibesikpo near d cemetery I don't know if u r interested n if u do, try n contact me

Am in Uyo,I don't know how I can get to you.I will love to see your farm
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Arvinkris(m): 12:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
biggal:
perhaps he planted one seed per sack. In order to utilize the space in the sack it is better one plant @most three per sack. Though some plant 4 per sack.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by mrfizy(m): 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
Munzy14:

yes. from the first batch of 100 sacks darina i planted,before embarking on cu999variety. which is the second batch.

Nice work bro.How can I get the seeds in Uyo?
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Following(m): 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
mrfizy:

Sir amekene anam mkpo ayem. i'm hoping to visit your farm in the nearest future!
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by jephito(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
biggal:

I am forced to tell you to try 50 sacks, then come here after 9 weeks with the cost-profit analysis. By that, we will see how much can be made per bag that will be "big" and not "small".
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2016
mrfizy:

Thanks. check on google.com if dia is any agro shop in Uyo wia you can get improved seeds.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by shadowid: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2016
I bought mine in owerri
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by ayosco2008(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
Munzy14:

you can do sack farming without owning a land if u have a space in ur house,where you can place and arrange the sack.no mata how small.
for the soil,check around your environment and see if you can spot any good garden soil or black soil.if u can't,then check people that owns flower garden for comercial.some do buy good soil for planting.ask them how you can get one.
for manure, i use poultry dungs to counter some treads here.where they complained of not comfortable with poultry dungs. I used three weeks old poultry dungs.also check around your environment to see if u can get one or two bags.

Good Job op.. please how do u apply the poultry dung manure??
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2016
ayosco2008:

Good Job op.. please how do u apply the poultry dung manure??
ok.Read from first page. you will see where i talked or commented on the mixing ratio. use for the number of sacks you intend to plant on by breaking it down or scaling up.
But if its on bare ground just work up the soil with the manure. then add little of it in the holes you intend to plant on.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by ayosco2008(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2016
Munzy14:

ok.Read from first page. you will see where i talked or commented on the mixing ratio. use for the number of sacks you intend to plant on by breaking it down or scaling up.
But if its on bare ground just work up the soil with the manure. then add little of it in the holes you intend to plant on.

I got it.. Thank you very much. Which specie will I recommend I plant and do u have any store u could recommend to get the seeds. I'm in lagos dou
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 2:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
ayosco2008:

I got it.. Thank you very much. Which specie will I recommend I plant and do u have any store u could recommend to get the seeds. I'm in lagos dou
ok. am not familiar with lagos. but check on google.com. for an agro shop around wia u can get improved seeds. murano 2f1, darina,market more etc are good species for u to plant and harvest within 38days.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Arvinkris(m): 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
Have u tried market more?
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by jephito(m): 8:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
@munzy14 Market more 38days?
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
jephito:
Though av not tried it. but its a hybrid variety. with good mangement practices u should expect fruits in a range if 38-41.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2016
jephito:
Though av not tried it. but its a hybrid variety. with good mangement practices u should expect fruits in a range if 38-41. Though am suggesting good varieties as he requested.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by jephito(m): 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
Munzy14:

Though av not tried it. but its a hybrid variety. with good mangement practices u should expect fruits in a range if 38-41. Though am suggesting good varieties as he requested.

Is Market More not OP? the market more that I know is from Technisem and it's not hybrid.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Arvinkris(m): 12:55am On Nov 11, 2016
It's an open pollinated variety n not from technism. If u are doing a commercial farming don't do opv my opinion

Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by adescopy(m): 6:43pm On Nov 11, 2016
Pls i need d help of gurus in the house. My cucumber plant of 11 days is falling down and when i check the plant i saw that the stem at d base is dried up. what is the cause of these pls

Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 6:17am On Nov 13, 2016
adescopy:
Pls i need d help of gurus in the house. My cucumber plant of 11 days is falling down and when i check the plant i saw that the stem at d base is dried up. what is the cause of these pls
Dry season wahala. do soil top up and irrigate twice a day.

1 Like

Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by adescopy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
Thanks for the answer. what is soil top up? if its mulching, ave done so with saw dust and ave always irrigate well that the soil is most. someone said its Fusarium Wilt And ave applied Redforce but no changes, so far ave lost more than 10 plant already. the variety is Monalisa F1.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Arvinkris(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2016
It has no treatment just remove the affected plant..

Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by jephito(m): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2016
adescopy:
Thanks for the answer. what is soil top up? if its mulching, ave done so with saw dust and ave always irrigate well that the soil is most. someone said its Fusarium Wilt And ave applied Redforce but no changes, so far ave lost more than 10 plant already. the variety is Monalisa F1.

Where did you see Monalisa and how much did you buy the sachet? Do you know if they have Greengo?
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Munzy14(m): 2:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
adescopy:
soil top up goes like this. get a good soil and mix with manure(poultry dungs or cow dungs any one) then add up to ur plants and wet twice a day. I had similar experience last two weeks,after applying this soil top. the plants bounced back to green. its like mulching with soil and i need to how u irrigate?.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by adescopy(m): 5:43pm On Nov 14, 2016
jephito:

Where did you see Monalisa and how much did you buy the sachet? Do you know if they have Greengo?
. I got it from a store here in abeokuta @ #2000 4 500 seeds but now its now #3000. no am not sure they ave greengo but i may ask if u want
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by adescopy(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2016
Munzy14:

soil top up goes like this. get a good soil and mix with manure(poultry dungs or cow dungs any one) then add up to ur plants and wet twice a day. I had similar experience last two weeks,after applying this soil top. the plants bounced back to green. its like mulching with soil and i need to how u irrigate?.
I mixed the soil with poultry dungs b4 planting and am suspecting it introduce the fungus to my soil. Also my plant are looking fine and green; its just the stem attack thats the problem. I irrigate morn; and evening.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by phillings247: 9:10pm On Nov 14, 2016
pls where can i get darina cocumber seeds
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by Arvinkris(m): 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2016
How many do u want? Ur location? Im in Owerri.
Re: Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. by ayosco2008(m): 10:39pm On Nov 14, 2016
Arvinkris:
How many do u want? Ur location? Im in Owerri.

Do u sell? And can u send down to lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N200 Billion Agriculture Loans - Farmers Say Banks Are Not Lending / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? / My 2022 Farm Diary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.