Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake (36079 Views)

How To Apply For Dangote Refinery Ongoing Job Recruitment / Peace Corps To Generate Over 800,000 Jobs For Youths And Undergraduates / Dangote Refinery Executive Trainee Fresh Recruitment 2016 (50 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by DeRay98(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2016
sanandreas:
Our national asset will not be for sale. If he likes let him employ 5million people and pay peanut salary. Na only dagote dey? A nation can't build her wealth around one man. The cake he has eaten is enough for his generation.

If the billions looted and taken to foreign banks were invested in Nig do you know how many jobs they could have created?
If those funds were used even by the looters to invest and develop our solid mineral resources hundreds of thousands of job would have kept our youth busy and earning a living no matter how small.

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by DeRay98(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
ernieboy:

How is he monopolistic? I recall that sometime ago under GEJ's administration, several licences to build refineries were issued. Why did the people who got those licence not build refineries?

Thank you for that reasoning.
I don't like the fact that he is everywhere but if the other licensees senseless looters invested in the country like has been doing the ecomony would be diversified and hundreds of thousands if not million jobs created.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
This refinery thing na scam jere... why showing pix of built up refineries elsewhere and not the ongoing dangote refinery. A 12 billion refinery that was billed to start production in about 2 years should be in advanced stage of construction. All we have seen of this refinery is some pictures taken with gov. Officials. Pipes are still being ordered ... on papers sha... no built up structure to show except if someone have better access and can provide the pictures sha.. I could be wrong...all my Google search for dangote refinery always come up with some strolling gov. Officials, PH refinery and of course dangote sugar refinery. Nothing about the refinery on the dangote group website.... no reasonable person will invest $15 billion in an economy in recession and undergoing a flying inflation. All na wash... our economists are idiots
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by computerboy: 1:09pm On Sep 27, 2016
mukhcech:

Show me a successful capitalist and I will show you greed.
They don't call it greed. They changed it to "being ambitious"
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by computerboy: 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
plainol:
By the time this man stylishly buys NLNG, Dangote would be the only man drilling and refining crude oil in Nigeria. Just like cement, sugar and others.

An igbo business man once proposed to buy a particular building from his landlord so he could chase away his major contenders in the building after gaining control.
His landlord being smart told him any time he proposed that suggestion again would be his quit notice.
And he never did that again.
I don't like greedy capitalists.

They don't use the word greed. They call themselves ambitious
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by omonnakoda: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2016
There is nothing wrong generally in selling assets but it must never be done in panic and there must be a plan for the funds. The only thing that will happen is it will be used to pay salaries and the rest stolen. When Abacha was in power oil did not sell on average for up to $25 and he did not sell assets. The foreign reserves were not up to $10 billion and no one had mobile phones. We survived.
A desperate seller never gets a good price
I will challenge anyone to tell me what will be done with the money if these assets are sold.
The problem is not entirely from government.Our people are generally unproductive and have appetite for foreign goods. That is the koko. Why do we like foreign rice ,chicken and turkey so much. If we sell the assets that is what it will be used to pay for.
Before selling any assets let us reduce the cost of governance and quite painfully government too will need to lay off workers .Whether they do it now or later eventually they must do it. Buhari is paid a salary why does government feed him.Even Obama pays for his food in the White house. The executive and legislators really need to look at themselves
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by tafrica(m): 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
Nalikedis:
This refinery thing na scam jere... why showing pix of built up refineries elsewhere and not the ongoing dangote refinery. A 12 billion refinery that was billed to start production in about 2 years should be in advanced stage of construction. All we have seen of this refinery is some pictures taken with gov. Officials. Pipes are still being ordered ... on papers sha... no built up structure to show except if someone have better access and can provide the pictures sha.. I could be wrong...all my Google search for dangote refinery always come up with some strolling gov. Officials, PH refinery and of course dangote sugar refinery. Nothing about the refinery on the dangote group website.... no reasonable person will invest $15 billion in an economy in recession and undergoing a flying inflation. All na wash... our economists are idiots

I clearly understand your arguement, the project is under construction and movement in and out of the site might probably have been restricted which might explain why internet is not flooded with different pictures taken from the construction site, even though there are still some pictures from the site which I've seen and showed work is going on there both day and night.
It might interest you to know that recruitment has even started and about 50 people have already been sent to India for training.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Read more news: www.savidnews.com
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Legend87(m): 2:21pm On Sep 27, 2016
DozieInc:
The creation of 300k jobs is a welcomed development, am against the sale of NLNG cos it is valued at more than $15billion, but someone suggested it should be sold for $1b which I think is criminal, besides is NLNG the only national asset we have?? what about the Ajaokuta steel company that is lying waste isnt it a FG asset.

Pls, don't go there... Nobody should touch Ajaokuta Steel Company...
I'll buy it for my kids.tongue
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by DozieInc(m): 2:35pm On Sep 27, 2016
Legend87:

Pls, don't go there... Nobody should touch Ajaokuta Steel Company... I'll buy it for my kids.tongue
lolllzz, pls do buy it, at least it will produce something.

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by davibid: 3:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
kenonze:
I think Nigerians should listen to this man #sale of national assets.

Maybe sign a protective agreement incase it backfires.

.. .. Sometimes u allow yourself to be "cheated"

Please don't support it, no well meaning Nigerian should. If our leaders sell off our national assets for their selfish interests, how about posterity.

This is likened to a father you toll, worked his ass out to build a company which he successfully did and thereafter retired and left the management of same to his first son who just after few years of being in charge sold it off without considering the futures of his younger ones.

[size=15pt]MY ADVICE[/size]

Our beloved president should not think of selling anything he has inherited rather he should put the right persons at the right places to revive the out-of-place economy and at best call back Mrs Okonjo-Iweala. Right now experience is what we need.

1 Like

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by wink2015(m): 4:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
[size=13pt][b]Chief Gabriel Osawaru Igbenedion, the Esama of Bini Kingdom ( father of former governor of Edo state ) Lucky Igbenedion should copy the style of Dangote and establish companies to create jobs.

Chief Gabriel Igbenedion is not impacting on society by his kind of life style. He use his son to loot the treasury of Edo state when his son was a governor of the state.

Now he is flaunting is "big size of his loot" which his son Lucky apportioned to him as family godfather.

Today, Chief Gabriel Igbenedion blares endless birthday noise on his private radio station in Benin city disturbing the poor masses of Edo state about his acquired status. It is because of his sons lack of foresight and mindless looting of Edo state treasury, the PDP look set to loose the governorship election that is coming up.

This man ( Chief Igbenedion ) lack of Education has set him back in the way and manner he conduct himself.

If Chief Igbenedion helps to create thousand of jobs by setting up industries Edo state would have had jobs for its teeming youth some of whom are struggling to travel abroad for greener pasture..[/b]
[/size]

Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by deebsman1(m): 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
I will say peace. First I don't know you, I don't quote you, yet you decide to pick up issue with me angry
But honestly, what i have in my signature is a fact and I think instead of fighting me, why don't you take your time to deliberate consciously about it. Once again, peace
Vick4rill:
i quoted u cus of ur signature and nt ur post. let me deviate a bit, it is obvious that u are a muslim with the thing u write on dat signature. bt if ur dump mind will imbibe with logic, it will surely tell u who is deviating.
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by emmanuel447: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
Gerrard59:
L

Dangote is a business man and not the government nor a charity organization. It's not Dangote's responsibility to reduce prices, it's t the job of regulators.

He has the prerogative to increase prices arbitrarily ONLY anti trust agencies can stop him.
Nigerians should stop being sentimental when it comes to business.

On the side note, the government should privatise everything, it enthrones efficiency.

Price regulators or what u call it don't work in Nigeria. In business u sell at your own price..Only he has liscence to produce cement for Nigeria as a whole.The only solution is when he has competitors then he would b force to bring his price to normal no matter what..Do u remember in d 1993, we still buy a bag of cement for 50naira. Think man. Den we have so many foriengn competitors like elephant etc
Re: ‘Dangote Refinery Will Create 300,000 Jobs’ - Chief Operating Officer, Mr Alake by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 28, 2016
DANGOTE FOR PRESIDENT!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Being Educated Brought The Biggest Shame Of My Life / FRSC Recruitment Portal Functioning, Applicants Should Use Computer – Spokesman / What Happened When I Went For An Interview At Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.