Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

TORN (based On A True Life Story) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (63622 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by abefe99: 7:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
unhmmmm plss more update luving dis story trust me
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 7:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
@abefe99... Glad you are enjoying yourself. I will update after prayer meeting. Am in church *winks*
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by Nwiboko26(f): 11:51am On Oct 01, 2016
Sister no vex o.d prayer meeting never end?lolz datz another way of begging for more.we are waiting.
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
@Nwiboko26... Hahahaha... Sorry babes. Slept off after the prayer meeting. I will update now *winks*
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2016
TORN (Chapter Sixteen)

She sat in the lobby of the hotel. She got a text from Dantenimu that evening that he was in Lagos and was staying at Sheraton. It took about an hour to decide on what to wear and another to get to the hotel.

Her heart beat erratically. She had no idea how the night was going to turn out. She held unto the pink leather purse. Eyes darted here and there. Pink leather high heeled peep-toes shoes tapped at the shiny tiled floor. Where was he?

Funmike Williams."

She heard her name, turned her head and saw a tall, dark, broad shouldered bloke in a brown kaftan, brown leather shoes, nicely trimmed low cut hair, clean shaved face, dark penetrating eyes, standing a few feet to her right. She sucked in breath. It was him. She got up slowly.

His gaze seized her up. The tall, slim, fair beau in a white short sleeve round neck, straight knee length dress, long curly brown hair which graced her shoulders in a half-pattern style, looked like a fairy princess. She was as he had imagined.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2016
TORN (Chapter Seventeen)

He met her pretty light brown eyes. How he wished he could draw her close and kiss her right then and there. It would be inappropriate, they were just friends. Sooner than later, that was going to change.

"Hi."

"Hello," she could read his expression. He found her attractive. It was a dream come true. She had been so worried. It was one of the few times in her life that her thin-frame didn't get in the way.

"Am I going to get a hug or not?"

She placed a hand on her hip and laughed, "No way."

"Haba! Come here girl," he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey! Back off," she pressed her hands on his chest.

"Shut up. You think I don't know that you are so pumped up right now."

She laughed harder, crushed in his warm embrace.

"It's so good to see you."

"Same here."

He released her, "Wow you are pretty."

She blushed,"You are... not bad either."

"Just say it. I am handsome," he winked at her.

She chuckled, "You are a trouble maker."

"So are you," he held her.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 12:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
TORN (Chapter Eighteen)

They sat by the pool side, sipping chapman and eating from a plate of grilled pepper chicken.

"Will you come to the wedding?" his dark gaze rested on her light brown ones.

She shrugged, "I don't know."

"You are coming and that's final."

"Did you develop dictatorship tendencies overnight?" she eyed him.

"You are the reason why I am in Lagos."

She raised an eyebrow, "What about the wedding?"

"The perfect excuse."

She lowered her gaze. The fact that he came purposely to see her made her to feel special. He was one of the few close friends she had. As a matter of fact, he was the only male friend she found attractive. She hoped something futuristic could be birthed from their friendship.

"Although I hate to let you go, it's getting rather late."

She glanced at her silver plated wrist-watch. It was past nine. She had no will to return home, but, the thought of seeing him the next day thrilled her. She lifted her eyes to meet his calm ones.

"Text me the venue."

He grinned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 12:31pm On Oct 01, 2016
TORN (Chapter Nineteen)

Dantenimu drew her into his arms and held her, wishing he didn't have to let go. Each moment they spent together that weekend had been incredibly blissful. If wishes were horses he would whisk her away to Abuja.

She held back the tears threatening to burst forth from her sad eyes. How she wished they lived in the same city. The thought of not seeing him again until only God knows when made her heart ache.

His flight details was announced. He pulled away slowly and took a few steps backwards. He met her pale stare. He was going to miss her greatly. He would have asked her out, but, he wanted to wait until she graduated.

"We are back to square one,"

"As in?"

"Webcam and phone calls."

He smiled sheepishly, "You can visit whenever you are able."

She smiled back at him, "I definitely will."

Gazes locked.

"I am going to miss you."

"I will miss you more," he brushed a hand over her smooth fair face, "See you soon girl."

On her next holiday, she would definitely spend it in Abuja

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by Nwiboko26(f): 2:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
Thank uuu.am just imagining how slim/thin funmike is.as d saying goes.one man's meat is another man's poison.

2 Likes

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by ayoxelee(m): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2016
this is a very nyc piece I must confess bt d updates r kinda short lyk doz of together n forever
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 4:30pm On Oct 01, 2016
@Nwiboko26... She is thin o! The first time I saw her, I was speechless. What she went through made me write this story.

@ayoxelee... Am sorry it is short. 'B.F.F: Best Friends Forever' has a longer update. Check it out.

1 Like

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by Ralupresh(f): 5:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
well done....
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2016
@Ralupresh... Thanks.
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2016
TORN 20

Funmike returned home from the airport via a cab. She made her way into the house and saw a white Jaguar parked in the compound. She went in and heard people laughing and talking loudly. The noise was coming from the sitting room.

Curiousity got the better of her. She tiptoed to the doorway and peeped. Her parents and her younger sister, Folake, were seated facing her elder sister, Foluke and a dark looking man. Who was he? She noticed the way her sister was grinning at him. Was he her new boyfriend? She had lost count of the number of men she had dated that year.

"My parents will be back from Europe before Christmas. The introduction ceremony will be perfect in December," he addressed them.

Jibike glanced at her husband, "That will be lovely."

Ajibade smiled and turned to the young man, "Yes, yes, splendid idea."

"Oh goody! I am so excited right now," she squeaked and held her fiance's hand. He beamed at her.

She stepped away from the doorway. Was Foluke getting married?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2016
TORN 21

"If possible we will like the registry and traditional marriage to be fixed before the New Year."

The elderly couple exchanged glances. There was a moment silence. Everyone looked at them in anticipation.

"Very well," Ajibade directed his satisfactory gaze at them, "If it is what you want."

Foluke jumped up and flew into his arms, "Thanks daddy."

"Anything for my baby."

The young man got to his feet, "We have an appointment with the Event Planner this morning."

"Yes, we do," she released her father and helped him to his feet.

"Hope you will visit before you leave for the U.K?" Ajibade beamed.

He nodded, "I will definitely visit," he held his fiancee by the waist.

"It is a good thing that you will be completing your service year before the wedding," Jibike grinned at her eldest daughter and got up.
Foluke smiled back at her.

Funmike backed away from the doorway, turned and walked towards her bedroom. She was very happy for her elder sister.

"Funmike..."

She halted at the sound of her name.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by bummybummy(f): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2016
Funmike dont worry abt foluke's wedding, urs z coming on d way. Tnx 4 d update, nid mre
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
@bummybummy... It's raining here. No light too. If I don't update tonight, I will do it in the morning. Pls bear with me *winks*

1 Like

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by stardomberry: 6:47am On Oct 04, 2016
I pray funmike find happiness!!! I hope dantata cherish her beyond all measures....interesting novel got me glued.
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2016
@stardomberry... Glad you're glued. Will try and update today *winks*.
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 4:24pm On Oct 04, 2016
TORN 22

She met her parents' stare. Their look seemed to say 'What are you doing here?' She turned her head and met her sisters' glare. They were not happy to see her either. For as far back as she could remember, her parents preferred her absence whenever they were entertaining guests.

"Is she your sister?" he poked his fiancee on the shoulder.

A pretentious smile replaced the angry look, "Oh yes, my younger sister," she glanced at him.

"Unbelievable!" his shocked gaze scanned her, "Why is she so fair and... and so thin? No resemblance whatsoever?" turned to his fiancee.

Funmike eyed him.

Foluke coughed, "She is the carbon copy of an old aunt."

"Oh... I get it now. Recessive Genes."

"Come darling, we are running late," she held him by the elbow and stirred him towards the front door.

He threw her a final glance and followed his fiancee out.

Funmike watched them leave. He wasn't the first person that had been perplexed about her non-existent resemblance with her family. He won't be the last either.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 4:51pm On Oct 04, 2016
TORN 23

"You know the rules," Jibike glared at her.

"Whenever we have visitors, you are supposed to be in your room?" Ajibade stared at her like a pest. He wished he could spank her, but, she was no longer a child.

Funmike felt the wet stinging tears that blurred her vision. She drew in a shaky breath. She dreaded the tongue-lashing that would come next.

"That young man is going to marry your sister. How do you think he felt when he saw you?" he barked.

"Do you know how embarrassing it is to keep explaining to people why you don't look like us?" Jibike yelled.

Folake eyed her elder sister.

Funmike took a step back, overwhelmed with distress. As usual, they thought of themselves. Do they even care how she felt? She would do anything and pay any price to look like them? Why couldn't they love and accept her just the way she was? She was their daughter for Pete's sake!

Dante's image flashed through her mind's eye. She sighed with relief. At least, how she looked didn't bother him and he cared about her.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by zika1(f): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
Following ur story big time. Really interesting. Pls we need more updates and lengthy ones plssssss
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
@zika1... Thanks for following. Updates on the way.

2 Likes

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by emmynku(m): 12:19am On Oct 05, 2016
I like the way u write! Quite descriptive,masterful intro. But please spread your stories amongst other characters. Though am not a fan of romance,but ur way of tiling words to form a story is remarkable.
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by marcusagrippa(m): 5:22am On Oct 05, 2016
If this story is actually someone's experience, it is most unfortunate and very very sad. How can your own family treat you like a leper I mean who else should be tolerant of you if not your family. And to think she's suffering just because of physical attributes. Crazy world!!!

2 Likes

Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 9:43am On Oct 05, 2016
@emmynku... Thank you. Am encouraged. Check out 'B.F.F: Best Friends Forever'.

@marcusagrippa... Thank you. The story is truly the experience of someone I knew. I added a little fiction to sweeten the bitter effect of the tale. *winks*
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by Daeveed(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2016
Great Work... Buh Try Nd Make Sumfin Like... Mr A: Hello Mrs B: Hi Mr A: Nice Outfit.. Mrs B: *Blushes* Thanks... It Makes It Easier To Identify The Person Talkin, Thankz. #Followinq
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by SheWrites(f): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
@Daeveed... Noted. Thanks.
Re: TORN (based On A True Life Story) by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 1:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
SheWrites:
@Daeveed... Noted. Thanks.
This isn't a stage play. Keep on like you've been doing. That way he proposed hinders development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Learnt And Learned? / ***total Love*** / Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.