Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) (101860 Views)

All You Need To Know About Using Maggots In Healing Wounds (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Lady Vomits Maggots From Her Stomach, Thanks God For Healing (Graphic) / Doctor With Fake UNILAG Certificate Arrested In Ogun (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by AuroraB(f): 5:45pm On Oct 01, 2016
Adeoba10:
And some people cant do without sucking it.... One guy was using his kidney to think n anus to talk, dat there is nothing like blood money, (literally saying dat dia is nothing like juju) i pity ur life, i pray dat our family will not be dia victim.
I have seen where they put charm on pap (eko elewe) placed it on a wood, den using new cutlass with heavy force in striking dis pap, mehn nothing do dis pap.

Back to topic.. . May God heal you.... Or make you spray am with either Baygon, Raid or Sniper. Or make u open am under sun, bcus dats one of the oldest form of meat preservation.
...zero chill grin
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by stanleyalpacino(m): 5:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

Madam, with all due respect, don't just copy and paste what you see on Wikipedia or google.
Genital myasis does exist, however it's as prevalent as smallpox infection or dracunculiasis infestation in Nigeria.
I believe you read where she had sought medical intervention without improvement.
I am a doctor and I can tell you that spiritual forces are as real as daylight and I have come across them in my practise , not once, not twice .

Pls can you tell us about your experience so the doubting peeps will keep learning.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Youngpo413: 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2016
Mhizjay:
Seriously?? Would you like someone close to you in such situation? instead of praying ladies should learn lessons from other people's experience...but you know its not everyone that would learn but at least try to have a clean mind towards other ladies..you are a lady too
these so-called ladies, do they ever learn?
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by flokii: 5:56pm On Oct 01, 2016
Justmary06:

That's because you are not searching for its remedy. Once upon a time, we thought sickle cell anaemia was Spiritual until white people intervened.

I understand it might defile logic, buh this particular ish has been around for a while..

it doesn't just happen to any lady, else we would have seen several cases considering our health and hygiene level.
I have seen girls die in numbers while on campus, some thru accidents and others thru strange illnesses.
And I knw d tteatment for that myasis requires a visit to the hospital where they remove d maggots and give d patient drugs to clear 'em off..
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 5:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
lord help us, since i was born, i have neva heard about this kind of thing b4, it is very sad, i feel bad 4 dis woman sha, dear God Pls Help Her Heal
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

Madam, with all due respect, don't just copy and paste what you see on Wikipedia or google.
Genital myasis does exist, however it's as prevalent as smallpox infection or dracunculiasis infestation in Nigeria.
I believe you read where she had sought medical intervention without improvement.
I am a doctor and I can tell you that spiritual forces are as real as daylight and I have come across them in my practise , not once, not twice .

With all due respect sir, u r a disgrace to the scientific community and to medical science in particular. Any "doctor" so quick to jump to spiritual in something like this, what will he say of diseases we don't yet know anything about.
I'd caution any patient patronizing this person: be very careful.

3 Likes

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2016
[s]
Justmary06:

To be honest with you I have no idea what you mean by that statement. Made no sense to me.

If only you know how much I disapprove of Doctors like you. No offense intended. One of my dearest friends died of Headache mainly because the doctor could not decide if it was typhoid or maleria and the blood test results showed no disease infection so they assumed it was Spiritual and practically just waited for her to pass-on.

Myiasis is an infestation of the skin by developing larvae (maggots) of a variety of fly species (myia is Greek for fly) within the arthropod order Diptera . Worldwide, the most common flies that cause the human infestation are Dermatobia hominis (human botfly) and Cordylobia anthropophaga (tumbu fly). http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1491170-overview.

Smallpox is an acute contagious disease caused by the variola virus, a member of the orthopoxvirus family. It was one of the world's most devastating diseases known to humanity. http://www.who.int/csr/disease/smallpox/en/. Dracunculiasis is infection with Dracunculus medinensis, a nematode worm. It is caused by drinking water containing water fleas (Cyclops species) that have ingested Dracunculus larvae. http://www.who.int/topics/dracunculiasis/en/

I don't need to be a medical student to know that there is a glaring difference between the three.

By the way, Google is a search engine and anybody who was once a College student(I don't mean high school) or a graduate knows that wikipedia is not a credible source and shouldn't be cited.
[/s]
Missus, learn to read between the lines, if you're a graduate as you claim to be then you don't expect me to serve you up words like I would do a toddler.
Pls make further use of Google to check the prevalence of smallpox and dracunculiasis in Nigeria, then you would understand the simile with myasis as mentioned.
Thank you ma.
PS : you don't have to approve of me before I pass across my message.
I hope I don't come across as brash. undecided
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
[s]
Ibidi:

With all due respect sir, u r a disgrace to the scientific community and to medical science in particular. Any "doctor" so quick to jump to spiritual in something like this, what will he say of diseases we don't yet know anything about.
[/s]Yawns sad shocked

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
MONITZ:

Y waste time trying to educate them on the existence of such things, they believe nothing like "forces" exist, they re always quick to compare the western world with us and forgetting that this is Africa, where the more u look and see the less u understand.

They believe there is a scientific explanation to every thing especially things that defy logic nd reasoning.
Thank you sir
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ibidi:

Why not educate yourself. 99% of of whats callef juju in nigeria is not.

READ:

However, I did quickly learn that it is possible for maggots to infest a vagina — a condition that’s called myiasis of the vagina, which itself is not an STD. Of course, there were only a handful of articles about this condition, leading me to deduce that it is very rare indeed.

The first article, which had an English abstract but Spanish text, was published in a Chilean medical journal in 2009, and described the case of a young woman who found maggots in her urine. Due to the patient’s “record of use of intravaginal vegetables as sexual stimulator,” the authors speculate that she introduced larvae into her body by repurposing a vegetable as a Love Machine. As far as I can tell, this is the only reported case of possible produce-induced intravaginal maggot infestation, but all the same, it might be a good idea to wash fruits and vegetables before using them as intimacy gadgets.

The second article was written by authors affiliated with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and published in 2011. It describes the case of a woman with a large genital wart that was found to be infested with maggots, 20 of which were subsequently removed with forceps. Perhaps this is the source of the recent rumor about the “STD that causes maggots.”

The third article was published in 2002. This report comes from Brazil and details the cases of two teenage girls. The first patient had trichomoniasis, and more than 100 maggots were removed from a genital lesion. The second patient had genital warts as well as lesions that were found to be infested with around 65 maggots. The authors note that the patients had poor hygiene and speculate that flies were attracted to the odor and laid eggs in the genital area, where there were open sores.

Over the decades, there have been a few other scattered cases of vaginal maggot infestations published in the medical literature — occurring in patients with no reported STDs. It’s safe to say that this condition is very rare, and can occur in people with or without STDs. It’s also worth mentioning that there are many species of maggots, not all of which are capable of infesting human tissue.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, myiasis is more common in tropical climates, and people with open wounds are at increased risk. Some STDs can cause open sores, which themselves can make a person more vulnerable to subsequent infections.

ARE U NOW SATISFIED?
this ur post is quite educative.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2016
OmoAussie:
The fly probably laid eggs on her pant/s and developed in her private part!

Lol Lol lol, broh abeg iyaf do, don't crack me up this evening. Lol, you haf try
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 6:57pm On Oct 01, 2016
lefulefu:

this ur post is quite educative.

Thanks. Its just a cut and paste.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:
[s][/s]
Missus, learn to read between the lines, if you're a graduate as you claim to be then you don't expect me to serve you up words like I would do a toddler.
Pls make further use of Google to check the prevalence of smallpox and dracunculiasis in Nigeria, then you would understand the simile with myasis as mentioned.
Thank you ma.
PS : you don't have to approve of me before I pass across my message.
I hope I don't come across as brash. undecided

So that now makes it jazz or spiritual.

Sir comming accross as brash is the least of your problems. What exactly is the difference between your attitude and that of a typical uneducated nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Justmary06(f): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
flokii:

I understand it might defile logic, buh this particular ish has been around for a while..

it doesn't just happen to any lady, else we would have seen several cases considering our health and hygiene level.
I have seen girls die in numbers while on campus, some thru accidents and others thru strange illnesses.
And I knw d tteatment for that myasis requires a visit to the hospital where they remove d maggots and give d patient drugs to clear 'em off..

Am not saying that spiritual cases are not in existence, its just not right to classify all illness that seem strange as being spiritual. We should first exhaust our logical reasoning before concluding about it being spiritual.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Justmary06(f): 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ibidi:

So that now makes it jazz or spiritual.

Sir coming accross as brash is the least of your problems. What exactly is the difference between your attitude and that of a typical uneducated nigerian?

You actually hit the nail on the head. Intended on ignoring the reply though since I see no sense being involved in a discussion when one party is clearly talking through self-absorb ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Zellie: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

Because you can't explain it doesn't make it spiritual

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Mhizjay(f): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2016
Youngpo413:
these so-called ladies, do they ever learn?
Like i said not everyone will learn but some(i mean few) will...
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by moonloved(f): 8:00pm On Oct 01, 2016
Ibidi:

Why not educate yourself. 99% of of whats callef juju in nigeria is not.

READ:

However, I did quickly learn that it is possible for maggots to infest a vagina — a condition that’s called myiasis of the vagina, which itself is not an STD. Of course, there were only a handful of articles about this condition, leading me to deduce that it is very rare indeed.

The first article, which had an English abstract but Spanish text, was published in a Chilean medical journal in 2009, and described the case of a young woman who found maggots in her urine. Due to the patient’s “record of use of intravaginal vegetables as sexual stimulator,” the authors speculate that she introduced larvae into her body by repurposing a vegetable as a Love Machine. As far as I can tell, this is the only reported case of possible produce-induced intravaginal maggot infestation, but all the same, it might be a good idea to wash fruits and vegetables before using them as intimacy gadgets.

The second article was written by authors affiliated with the All India Institute of Medical Sciences and published in 2011. It describes the case of a woman with a large genital wart that was found to be infested with maggots, 20 of which were subsequently removed with forceps. Perhaps this is the source of the recent rumor about the “STD that causes maggots.”

The third article was published in 2002. This report comes from Brazil and details the cases of two teenage girls. The first patient had trichomoniasis, and more than 100 maggots were removed from a genital lesion. The second patient had genital warts as well as lesions that were found to be infested with around 65 maggots. The authors note that the patients had poor hygiene and speculate that flies were attracted to the odor and laid eggs in the genital area, where there were open sores.

Over the decades, there have been a few other scattered cases of vaginal maggot infestations published in the medical literature — occurring in patients with no reported STDs. It’s safe to say that this condition is very rare, and can occur in people with or without STDs. It’s also worth mentioning that there are many species of maggots, not all of which are capable of infesting human tissue.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, myiasis is more common in tropical climates, and people with open wounds are at increased risk. Some STDs can cause open sores, which themselves can make a person more vulnerable to subsequent infections.

ARE U NOW SATISFIED?
noted
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Diseye29(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
Cooked storry may God help us
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 8:14pm On Oct 01, 2016
Justmary06:

You actually hit the nail on the head. Intended on ignoring the reply though since I see no sense being involved in a discussion when one party is clearly talking through self-absorb ignorance.

That shows u how hard it is to unlearn something u learned in your youth.

Someone who (let's assume) is a doctor and knows about our historical ignorance about various diseases still talks like this.

For a long time malaria was attributed to witchcraft no one dreamed it had anything to do with mosquitoes.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by LordCzar202: 8:40pm On Oct 01, 2016
Don't you think payment for treatment is the reason she was sent home?
frenchwine:

Bros, na you need to open ur eyes to the reality.
For your benefit and that of many others here, let me quickly say this :
Chronic systemic myasis (which she has) isn't compatible with life. By now the maggots would have drilled into her abdominal cavity and eaten up her bowels. She would also have been psychotic by now.
If the myasis is normal and medical, a simple evacuation and lavage would do the trick, otherwise a laparotomy and possibly hysterectomy would suffice.
This procedure can be done at most private hospitals.
For them to have sent her home (and not referred her) , there is more to it than meets medical intervention.
Supernatural forces are real broh

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 01, 2016
LordCzar202:
Don't you think payment for treatment is the reason she was sent home?
No sir, according to the article, I don't . I have grabbed a relevant quote below to buttress my assertion.
Her family members believed that the man may be responsible for her worsening condition that defied treatment in hospital where she was admitted for months.

“Doctors were said to have advised her relatives to seek alternative medicine to her ill-health because it had gone beyond the purview of orthodox medicine.’’

Resuscitative treatment for this condition (extraction and lavage) isn't something that would cost over the top even in a private setting in Ogun state.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nancy2016: 10:09pm On Oct 01, 2016
sukkot:
nigerians love disgusting pictures. i am feeding their appetite. thats why its always lynching pictures on frontpage everyday. they love it. they love blood. am just feeding yall brah. eat wink

Hahaha thank you. Every other day on Nairaland pictures are posted of different road accidents. I never open those threads and I don't understand how people think it's okay to take pictures of victims of accidents.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nancy2016: 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

Are you really a medical doctor, university-educated with medical school training? If you really are a medical doctor then you are one of those quack doctors that can't cure patients. Please with this mentality it's best you left the noble profession. So due to your limited abilities if you are unable to find a cure for an ailment, you will tell the patient that spiritual forces are at play. Damn! No wonder people die needlessly in Africa. Seriously if I knew your real name and you were based in a country like the US where there is law and order, I would have reported you to the disciplinary committee. Doctors like you should be struck off and not allowed to practise.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by sukkot: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nancy2016:

Hahaha thank you. Every other day on Nairaland pictures are posted of different road accidents. I never open those threads and I don't understand how people think it's okay to take pictures of victims of accidents.
I think a bigger question is why the mods feel the need to push this type of thread to frontpage everyday, like 5 times a day. there are a lot of psychopaths in the world today. its a crazy world and being on nairaland has made me very wary of nigerians. its an eye opening experience for me. to see many blood thirsty people in nigeria is scary. its a country full of psychopaths and sociopaths grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

No sir, according to the article, I don't . I have grabbed a relevant quote below to buttress my assertion.

Resuscitative treatment for this condition (extraction and lavage) isn't something that would cost over the top even in a private setting in Ogun state.

Here is the exact quote:
It was thought that she might have been a victim of money-making ritual after her condition allegedly defied orthodox medication.

IT WAS THOUGHT! MIGHT HAVE BEEN! ALLEGEDLY!

Once again with all due respect sir, what sort of a scientist/doctor r u and what differentiates u from the typical uneducated nigerian?

Based on internet hear-say account and knowing fully well how nigerians and nigerian doctors are u still quickly diagnosed supernatural forces. HABA OGA!

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
I wonder the pains and trauma this lady is passing through now.
This is Africa.Whether we like it or not,some ailments are caused by spiritual attacks/spells,of which conventional science/medical sciences cannot explain them.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by sadissbala(m): 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2016
madridguy:
Aiye Mojuba.
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nancy2016:

Are you really a medical doctor, university-educated with medical school training? If you really are a medical doctor then you are one of those quack doctors that can't cure patients. Please with this mentality it's best you left the noble profession. So due to your limited abilities if you are unable to find a cure for an ailment, you will tell the patient that spiritual forces are at play. Damn! No wonder people die needlessly in Africa. Seriously if I knew your real name and you were based in a country like the US where there is law and order, I would have reported you to the disciplinary committee. Doctors like you should be struck off and not allowed to practise.
All you need to do is send a pm asking for it and I would send you a mail with my license number so you could "report to the relevant authorities".
Empty barrels fronting as wannabes. Take a seat ma'am
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nancy2016: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

All you need to do is send a pm asking for it and I would send you a mail with my license number so you could "report to the relevant authorities".
Empty barrels posing as wannabes. Take a seat ma'am

You are not based in the US so I will be wasting my time. I'm very well-educated and certainly reason better than you who is a quack.

1 Like

Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2016
Nancy2016:

You are not based in the US so I will be wasting my time. I'm very well-educated and certainly reason better than you who is a quack.
Have you taken a seat?
Re: Woman Discharges Maggots From Her Vagina In Ogun (Photo) by Ibidi: 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2016
frenchwine:

Have you taken a seat?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"50 Guests Died After Attending A Yahoo Boy's Party In Alagbole Akute, Lagos" / The Best Drug For Malaria? / Throwback Photo Of 1918 Spanish Flu Pandemic That Killed Over 50Million Globally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.