Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Working Legally In Austria - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working Legally In Austria (83280 Views)

Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / Nigerians Living In Austria,how Is Life Over There / How Convenient Is Student Life In Austria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Working Legally In Austria by 123over: 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2014
A lot of interesting topics have been discussed here. I joined this site to see if i can be for help and maybe learn one or two things here.
I greet you all.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2014
@123over,how
are you? Travelling to Austria means different things to different
people. To me, it is education and tourism. I and a couple of my friends have already applied for student visa.
Where lies your interest?
Re: Working Legally In Austria by 123over: 6:09am On Sep 11, 2014
Juvante:
Thanks for your message.
I actually live and work in Austria.
I joined this site to see if i can be of help to others and maybe learn one or two things too.

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by Henrick007: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2014
123over: Juvante:
Thanks for your message.
I joined this site to see if i can be of help to others and maybe learn one or two things too.
am planning to apply for austria nxt year january
Re: Working Legally In Austria by 123over: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2014
Here are some links that could be useful in applying for an Austrian visa :

http://www.oeh.ac.at/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/Broschueren/2011/Studying_in_Austria_Web_feb2011.pdf

http://www.aupairaustria.at/english.aspx

http://www.austria.org/visa

To book appointments call this number 080-34338778 between 9am -10am. the appointment they will give you could be in 2 to 3 months and then you have to wait for about 3 to 4 weeks (sometimes longer) for the Visa or refusal to come out. Get all your papers ready before you go to the embassy and try to be there on time on the day of your interview.
Always try and keep eye contacts during interview ( it is very important in Austria). Prepare before you go ( do your homework) what you dont know,ask them to repeat the question and quickly think of something wise to answer.
Check your documents very well and make sure there are no contradictions.
The other thing you can do is to pray.
Your applications are sent to different people in most cases. Depending on who is handling it, it could take long of short. sometime they group files in alphabetical order of surnames or date of births.

I wish you guys all the best.

Austrian Embassy in Nigeria
PLot 9, Usuma Street , Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria

+234 803 433 87 78 (9 - 10 a.m. - for visa appointments only)
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Henrick007: 2:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
123over: Here are some links that could be useful in applying for an Austrian visa :

http://www.oeh.ac.at/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/Broschueren/2011/Studying_in_Austria_Web_feb2011.pdf

http://www.aupairaustria.at/english.aspx

http://www.austria.org/visa

To book appointments call this number 080-34338778 between 9am -10am. the appointment they will give you could be in 2 to 3 months and then you have to wait for about 3 to 4 weeks (sometimes longer) for the Visa or refusal to come out. Get all your papers ready before you go to the embassy and try to be there on time on the day of your interview.
Always try and keep eye contacts during interview ( it is very important in Austria). Prepare before you go ( do your homework) what you dont know,ask them to repeat the question and quickly think of something wise to answer.
Check your documents very well and make sure there are no contradictions.
The other thing you can do is to pray.
Your applications are sent to different people in most cases. Depending on who is handling it, it could take long of short. sometime they group files in alphabetical order of surnames or date of births.

I wish you guys all the best.

Austrian Embassy in Nigeria
PLot 9, Usuma Street , Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria

+234 803 433 87 78 (9 - 10 a.m. - for visa appointments only)
pls which visa which do u think wil b d best to apply for? I wnt to wrk nd live there .

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Hello 123over, so glad to have you here. the problem we are having with austria is the legalization of documents and the austrian lawyer fee. its on the high side. what other means can you advise an intending M.sc student??
Regards !
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 6:15am On Sep 19, 2014
dolpaz: Hello 123over, so glad to have you here. the problem we
are having with austria is the legalization of documents and the
austrian lawyer fee. its on the high side. what other means can you
advise an intending M.sc student??
Regards !

All documents obtained outside Austria must be verified and legalized. That is the rule,perhaps a private school might accept your documents for admission,but I bet you that when you apply for visa,the embassy will likely reject your documents!
They do not accept unverified personal documents,to the best of my knowledge.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 6:20am On Sep 19, 2014
Henrick007: am planning to apply for austria nxt year january

If you are not ready to spend 350k naira, dont start the Austrian journey. Portugal is cheaper,I think it is about 50k for start of legalization,while Austria is about 120k! though,you will have to pay school fees of about 900- 2000 euros,but Austria is free!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 6:28am On Sep 19, 2014
Henrick007: pls which visa which do u think wil b d best to apply for? I wnt to wrk nd live there .

Henrick007: pls which visa which do u think wil b d best to apply for? I wnt to wrk nd live there .

Bro,to the best of my knowledge, the major issues are your language skills, the level of your education and the amount of money at your disposal. Red -white- red card is the scheme for job seekers.
I think it last six months. Send an email to info@oead.at.

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by 123over: 12:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
Juvante has said it all.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 7:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
Weldone Juvante.
Please lets try and re-juvenate this thread
regards
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Henrick007: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Juvante:

Bro,to the best of my knowledge, the major issues are your language skills, the level of your education and the amount of money at your disposal. Red -white- red card is the scheme for job seekers.
I think it last six months. Send an email to info@oead.at.
thnks bro,this is my main issue, am jst dis guy dat wnt to travel to austria to hustle, wel i hav a frd that wnt to help me frm there. I jst need advice if it possible as my frd in austria said dat i can renew my stay nd also wrk in austria because am nt goin there for visitation, and also dnt wnt to b a illegal immigrant. Pls am ready to hear d truth frm u.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
Henrick007: thnks bro,this is my main issue, am jst dis guy dat
wnt to travel to austria to hustle, wel i hav a frd that wnt to help me
frm there. I jst need advice if it possible as my frd in austria said
dat i can renew my stay nd also wrk in austria because am nt goin there for
visitation, and also dnt wnt to b a illegal immigrant. Pls am ready to
hear d truth frm u.

My bro,from first hand info, Austrians are paranoid about records! If your friend is legally in Austria,ask him to send an EVE or letter of guarantee for you. Or else, my brother, I will be frank,it will be tough to enter. A couple of my friends has their student visa applications rejected over flimsy reasons. They are very suspicious about your intentions in their country.
Perhaps, 123over can throw more light on your case!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
@ henrick007, please if you have a degree, I might give you some info about admission into a couple of schools. perhaps, you might consider the education route.

2 Likes

Re: Working Legally In Austria by Henrick007: 11:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Juvante:

My bro,from first hand info, Austrians are paranoid about records! If your friend is legally in Austria,ask him to send an EVE or letter of guarantee for you. Or else, my brother, I will be frank,it will be tough to enter. A couple of my friends has their student visa applications rejected over flimsy reasons. They are very suspicious about your intentions in their country.
Perhaps, 123over can throw more light on your case!
thnks for your response, as for my frd he is legal, married to a austrian woman. I wnt lik to waste money dts y am askin all dis ?s. I dnt even hv a international passport so hv nt spent 1kobo on d travel procesyn. Thnks fr ur advice.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by tariy: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2014
123over: Juvante:
Thanks for your message.
@juvante please I intend relocating to austria but how easy is it to get a job.

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by tariy: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2014
123over: Juvante has said it all.
Thanks for your help.
@123over your advice is also needed and where in austria do you guys reside...
Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 8:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
tariy: @juvante please I intend relocating to austria but how easy is it to get a job.

To get a job.. first and foremost go and learn deutsch language wink wink
IMHO
Re: Working Legally In Austria by tariy: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
dolpaz:

To get a job.. first and foremost go and learn deutsch language wink wink
IMHO
working on that but would rather prefer english speaking job. Dolapz are you residing in austria

1 Like

Re: Working Legally In Austria by pyx: 6:45am On Sep 22, 2014
asiwaju: @akanbijm,

it depends on what you mean about economy situation,Austria has a very strong economy but unfortunately a very racist society(not all of them)for you to survive here you must learn and speak the language,Austrians respect especially blacks who speak and understand their language,and as a student you are allowed to work i think 20hr a week or less,but my brother you need to speak German language,is very very important,i wiil advise you to start learning the language from Nigeria,there are some schools offering german courses in Nigeria,i send my brothers and cousin there before they come to Austria,it will help you a lot if you know at least some words in german.

i will advise you to come with at least a student visa,please dont try to come here with a visiting visa,(for visiting yes)but not to try and stay,you will regret it,with a student visa,you will have a peace of mind and i may assist you if the need arise,but only if you are here legally.

Asiwaju

Asiwaju, I have to commend your sincerity to issues of Austria. pure truth n nothing to hide. weldone. my son want to study in Austria What are the procedure s. best regards
Re: Working Legally In Austria by tariy: 7:48am On Sep 22, 2014
@asiwaju,@juvante,@123over where do all reside in Austria oooo ooo because am coming in October to Linz for holiday and would like to meet you all......
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2014
[quote
author=tariy]@asiwaju,@juvante,@123over where do all reside in Austria
oooo ooo because am coming in October to Linz for holiday and would like
to meet you all......[/quote]

I am not currently in Austria. My study leave has not been granted,though I have already gotten admission to do postgraduate studies at Klagenfurt and Leoben,but I prefer Leoben cos it has the only Petroleum Engineering department in Austria. I will proceed as soon as it is granted and my visa application replied!
Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 7:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
tariy: working on that but would rather prefer english speaking job. Dolapz are you residing in austria
nein, ich bin in Nigeria, sodern werden es lieben nach Österreich zu gehen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Working Legally In Austria by pacle: 11:11am On Sep 25, 2014
Please I learn dat there is a programme dat the australian government is doing for one to become a permanent australian resident. Please I need ur enlightenment thanks
Re: Working Legally In Austria by dolpaz: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
pacle: Please I learn dat there is a programme dat the australian government is doing for one to become a permanent australian resident. Please I need ur enlightenment thanks

Are you talking about Australia or Austria?

This thread is for Austria and not Austrialia

Pls take note !
Re: Working Legally In Austria by pacle: 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2014
dolpaz:

Are you talking about Australia or Austria?

This thread is for Austria and not Austrialia

Pls take note !
. Please I need info on both thanks
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 7:42pm On Sep 25, 2014
pacle: . Please I need info on both thanks
A man whose legs are on two different roads,will not arrive at any destination.
Google should be your first point of call,since you are still researching.
Re: Working Legally In Austria by Juvante(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
james2020:
Pls can u help me get admission for a post graduate school in education. Let me know the requirements
State ur first degree , cgpa and proposed area of postgraduate study. Then,we might be able to help you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. / Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.