Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City (104217 Views)

You Can Turn A Rural Village Into A City By Chamberlain Akujobi / The Political Development Of The Rural Village Of Umuchu To A Great City / Oraukwu Village Politics And Economy! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2016
Uju Ifejirika, Brittania-U Limited Ada Anambra

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/top-6-most-powerful-women-in-oil-and-gas-cm502914

Top 6 Most Powerful Women In Oil And Gas in the world

By Andrew Topf for Oilprice.com

When it comes to glass ceilings, there is probably none tougher to crack than the oil and gas industry. For decades the corner office has been the preserve of alpha-male CEOs with a high tolerance for risk.

Today, the maxim still holds true. In Oilprice.com's list of the 12 richest oil and gas tycoons, not one is a woman. Recently though, Vicki Hollub, a 33-year veteran with Occidental Petroleum, made American corporate history by becoming the first female CEO of a major U.S. oil company.

Hollub, 55, will assume assume control of Occidental's global oil and gas business, replacing current chief executive Stephen Chazen who will step down at the 2016 AGM.

“The board selected Vicki based on her strong track record of successfully growing our domestic oil and gas business profitably and efficiently,” Occidental said in a statement announcing her promotion. According to Bloomberg, Hollub was paid $3.66 million in 2014, including a $516,697 salary plus stock options. The Alabama-trained mineral engineer oversaw wells in Texas and other U.S. states that reaped $12 billion.

Much ink has been spilt over why more women haven't cracked the glass ceiling in America, including a new Pew Research report that explores perceptions about women's ability to lead companies. Among the findings: 50 percent of women and 35 percent of men agree that many businesses aren't ready to hire women for top executive positions. Another study drilled down into the backgrounds of 277 CEOs from the largest publicly-traded U.S. and international oil and gas companies. It found that the most likely reason for the dearth of female oil and gas chief executives is the lack of women studying engineering – the most common path to the industry's executive boardrooms. In 2013, only about 13 percent of engineers were female. The good news for women is that the number of CEOs in the industry is expected to increase as more enter the engineering field.

While the 2014 study found that only 1 percent of oil and gas companies surveyed were led by women, a search one year later finds Hollub in good company, with a number of women occupying perhaps not the corner office, but one with a pretty sweet view nonetheless. Following, in no particular order, are women who exert considerable power and influence in the oil and gas industry today:

Mariana Gheorghe, CEO, Petrom.

Ranked 19th in Fortune magazine's 2014 list of most powerful women in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Mariana Gheorghe is considered one of the most influential women in Eastern Europe. The 59-year-old was the first female CEO of Romanian oil and gas group Petrom. After completing degrees in law, economics and corporate finance, Gheorghe worked for the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development form 1993 to 2006, when she took the helm of Petrom.

Ceri Powell, Global Head of Exploration, Royal Dutch Shell.

According to Fortune, Ceri Powell in 2013 became the highest-ranking female executive at Shell when she took charge of the group's global exploration. She is 21st on Fortune's list of most powerful women cited above. Originally from Wales, Powell holds a doctorate in structural geology and joined Shell in 1990. She held numerous positions at Shell in exploration and new business development before undertaking her current post, where she has led new discoveries in Australia, Malaysia, Nigeria, the Gulf of Mexico and Albania, according to Fortune.

Debra Reed, CEO, board chairman, Sempra Energy.

Graduating summa cum laude from the University of Southern California with an undergrad in civil engineering, Reed joined SoCalGas in 1978 and became the company's first female officer 10 years later. As one of 25 female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, Reed was recognized as one of the magazine's “50 Most Powerful Women in Business” from 2011 to 2014. Salary.com has Reed pulling in $8.85 million in 2014, including base pay of $1.12 million. Reed also serves on the boards of Halliburton and Caterpillar.

Trudy Curran, senior vice-president, general counsel and corporate secretary, Canadian Oil Sands Ltd.

With a background in securities and corporate finance law, Trudy Curran joined Canadian Oil Sands in 2002 after holding senior positions with EnCana, Canadian Pacific Limited and now-defunct Canadian Airlines. In 2012, Curran received a Scotiabank Corporate Executives Award and was ranked second out of the Top 100 Most Powerful Women in Canada, behind No. 1 Amiee Chan, president and CEO of Norsat.

[b]Catherine Uju Ifejika, chairman and CEO, Brittania-U Limited.

In terms of female representation in the upper echelons of oil and gas, Nigeria may be an outlier. The largest oil producer in Africa is headed by a woman, Petroleum Minister Diezani Alison-Madueke, and is seeing a growing number of female oil industry bosses. One of them is Catherine Uju Ifejika, chairman and chief executive of Brittania U Limited, an oil exploration and production company. After graduating with a law degree, Uju Ifejika took a job as junior counsel with Texaco, then became Company Secretary Public and Government Affairs for West Africa. In 2001, she set up Brittania-U with N10 million (USD$50,251) in severance pay from her former employer and a USD$115,577 loan.

The company is currently suing Chevron over the sale of three oil mining leases, for which Brittania-U paid $765 million in 2013. A recent feature on Uju Ifejika, who is described as one of the richest women in Africa, has the oil tycoon dismissing those who criticize her rise to power despite a lack of background in petroleum engineering: “I’m not a geologist and I have never worked in exploration and production,” she told Fascinating Nigeria. “The only thing I know is how to take something that is nothing and create something out of it that you can see and appreciate … Not being an engineer or a geologist was immaterial. Today I speak the language of the geologist, I can interpret the maps and when they bring in technical things we look at them together – because I was able to rise above my fear level.”
[/b]
This article was originally published on Oilprice.com.

11 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:43pm On Oct 07, 2016
Ada Anambra

8 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by AnambraDota: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2016
Your yet to point any of his kiosk anywhere in Nigeria
globe16:
Andy uba is one of the few igbo men that have oil wells...

7 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Doug07034780891(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nwanyi a chi oku abeg..

post=50002310:
Ada Anambra

1 Like

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:47pm On Oct 07, 2016
Nwakaibeye

10 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by globe16: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2016
AnambraDota:
Your yet to point any of his kiosk anywhere in Nigeria

Andy is not any of these guys mates.. He operates in higher frequency.. These other guys are his boys cheesy cheesy

https://www.causes.com/causes/298145-for-a-corruption-free-nigeria/updates/211474-exposed-andy-uba-secret-oil-blocks-yet-no-bank-account
Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Chiefobdk1: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2016
globe16:

whisch coscharis? Apart from his farm what else has he done? Cant he bring one of the showrooms in has in ph, abuja and lagos to Anambra despite that Anambra govt once patronized him for cars.. Go and see what ibeto is building in PH.. Apart from ifeanyi ubah, and to a certain extent nestoil, all these lagos anambra billionaires are alien to Anambra.. They have nothing on ground

Ibeto is one of Anambra highest employer of labour...

he is building a massive factory here in Nnewi currently. i think its noodles.

6 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by globe16: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
Chiefobdk1:

Ibeto is one of Anambra highest employer of labour...

he is building a massive factory here in Nnewi currently. i think its noodles.
Thats great.. I think Nnewi needs massive intervention from ANSG.. A lot is going on there.. Let them provide them with more power and good dualized roads!!

3 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by investnow2013: 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
Lalasticlala!!!
Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 07, 2016
post=50001481:
Another rich dude from Anambra Emeka Okwosa owner of Ekcel Farms, Positioned To Be The Largest Tomato & Cassava Refinery Plant In Africa, he is building his plant in Anambra, when Fully Operational, Ekcel Farms Would Produce 21,000 Tons Of Cassava Per Annum, 150,000 Tons Of Raw Tomato And 51,000 Tons Of Tomato Paste.http://www.ekcelfarms.com/

He is the owner of Oilserv
i've been waiting to see this mans name

3 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 5:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
globe16:

whisch coscharis? Apart from his farm what else has he done? Cant he bring one of the showrooms in has in ph, abuja and lagos to Anambra despite that Anambra govt once patronized him for cars.. Go and see what ibeto is building in PH.. Apart from ifeanyi ubah, and to a certain extent nestoil, all these lagos anambra billionaires are alien to Anambra.. They have nothing on ground

He has a showroom in awka
Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
post=50001540:

Forget online quote bro, those guys are paparazzi

Lol, those guys only declare 1/10 of what they are truly worth.
Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Doug07034780891:
From Ibeto to Coscharis to Seplat to Capital oil to Nestoil, all of them have genuine businesses. What is Andy Uba's business that made him rich..? cheesy

U didn't mention authure eze? Oronto oil and gas though not in naija. I stand to be corrected. I am not so sure.

1 Like

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by globe16: 6:05pm On Oct 07, 2016
chigoizie7:

I'm just hearing it.. Thats good.
Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by adconline(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
globe16:

Andy uba is one of the few igbo men that have oil wells...
Andy who was working as physiotherapist in N/America before OBJ called him to come and work with him helped businessmen like Orjiakor?
Stop insulting our intelligence, before 1999, he hadn't more $10k in all his bank accounts. He's married to Stella Obasanjo's family-Abebes, and OBJ went to N/America for rehabilitation after release from prison and he stayed at Andy's house. That's how he was appointed by OBJ

10 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by KinkyAngela(f): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
post=50001481:
To Be The Largest Tomato & Cassava Refinery Plant In Africa, he is building his plant in Anambra,
A Cassava Refinery ? This is interesting. One of the derivatives of refined cassava is Ethanol. Aside from the fact that Ethanol itself is a Biofuel, it is also the major component in the brewing of alcoholic beverages.

The largest Ethanol Plant in Africa is in a state somewhere in Nigeria. If your comments is true, it means this particular Refinery you are refering to will rival the existing one to become the largest Cassava Refinery in Nigeria after the completion of its construction. Cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:16pm On Oct 07, 2016
chigoizie7:

What are you calling showroom?
That thing you saw at awka is in almost every state and are usually more of service centres.
It's like the Gateman 's house to the real coscharis showrooms in Abj, Lagos, PH and Uyo. They are world class .
Go to YouTube and see what I mean

2 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Doug07034780891(m): 6:19pm On Oct 07, 2016
No, Coscharis is building a very big showrooom and service center in Awka. I think at the back they are expanding the place for assembly, I don't know exactly but I saw some heavy equipments. It's design is like the one they have in PH. I saw it myself, don't worry will get pictures on the ongoing expansion they are doing now..

InyinyaAgbaOku:

That thing you saw at awka is in almost every state and are usually more of service centres.
It's like the Gateman 's house to the real coscharis showrooms in Abj, Lagos, PH and Uyo. They are world class .

1 Like

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

U are correct, I am not saying that anambra men are not interested in cars. But an anambra man would rather walk with bathroom slippers and shorts on and answer a landlord of 10 number of 5,5 deckons while driving his old 505 pan, it is just the mentality, unlike that of Abuja,Lagos and ph. Anambra people are not totally known for cars, and they would rather drive tokumbo than mint. Any man dealing on cars in Anambra no de too make am.
Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Doug07034780891(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
Abeg take this your poverty mentality out from here. Where did you get this type of mentality, definitely not from Anambra where people live big and flamboyant. Are you sure you are not living in one obscure village and calling yourself an Anambra resident? Maybe you think that those men that made money in the 70s who pride on how many houses built are still the ones running the show now? My dad drove brand new 504 wagon bought for 8k in 1974(he told us later) when we asked him how much he bought it years after. Even my own little self have 3 now, how much more other big people around. Stop using your condition to assess others abeg..

[s]
chigoizie7:

U are correct, I am not saying that anambra men are not interested in cars. But an anambra man would rather walk with bathroom slippers and shorts on and answer a landlord of 10 number of 5,5 deckons while driving his old 505 pan, it is just the mentality, unlike that of Abuja,Lagos and ph. Anambra people are not totally known for cars, and they would rather drive tokumbo than mint. Any man dealing on cars in Anambra no de too make am.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Ilovemystate: 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
chigoizie7:

U didn't mention authure eze? Oronto oil and gas though not in naija. I stand to be corrected. I am not so sure.
Arthur Eze
Atlas Petroleum International, Ltd. engages in the exploration and production of oil. It has oil and gas interests in West Africa, including Equatorial Guinea, the Ivory Coast, and Nigeria

My number two on Anambra billionaires club list after Emeka offor

4 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by investnow2013: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
Okija River Where you cannot eat any of the Fish in it! Nostalgia. A river where fishes flock around you cos they know you ain't gonna harm them. We don't eat fish from this river, if you try, hmmm, you are on your own. Okpu uzo oyibo. Okija nwere ihe.

2 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2016
chigoizie7:

I know where you are coming from but I don't agree with you.
Plenty flashy cars in the East.

2 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by investnow2013: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2016
Jubilation as obijackson donated bank diamond in okija.this man built all he has build in foreign country but in his father's land he built home that will called forest compound wit long underground tunnel connected from their airfield to their main compound.

1 Like

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Abeg take this your poverty mentality here. Where did you get this type of mentality, definitely not from Anambra where people live and flamboyant. Are you sure you are not living in one obscure village and calling yourself an Anambra resident? Even my own little self have 3, how much more other big people around..

[s][/s]

Lol, u are just funny. The truth hurts. Anambra people live flamboyantly but certainly not on the type of cars coasharis deals on. I lived in Onitsha till I was 20 plus, and I am living in awka for over 7years now.

U can't compare the Caliber of cars u see on the streets of Lagos,Abuja or ph with what u see in Anambra, even though the owners might be Igbo or anambrarians but they don't live in Anambra. Cosharis deals on benz,BMW ,ford and the likes, how many sophisticated Benz or BMW have u seen on the streets of Anambra?

U can be driving 3' but that doesn't mean u bought all mint and from cosharis, neither did u buy it from car dealers in either osha,nnewi or awka, tell ur self the truth.

14 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 6:50pm On Oct 07, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I know where you are coming from but I don't agree with you.
Plenty flashy cars in the East.

There are plenty cars in the east, no doubt, but u don't compare its market to that of Lagos, ph or Abu, even though many of them are Igbo that doesn't live in the east.

Coscharis deals on mint, not tokumbo, I know the kind of flashy cars u mean.

I totally understand, but u don't compare its market to that of all those places.

4 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Ilovemystate: 6:53pm On Oct 07, 2016
Coscharies

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Doug07034780891(m): 6:54pm On Oct 07, 2016
Which truth hurts? Me or you? Stop using your poverty infested lifestyle to judge others, that is the point am trying to make. That your father walks around with slippers and short-nickers does not mean that my dad who served as a director in NBC and later a senior director in the new Anambra did same. Yes Lagos, Abuja and Lagos has more cars on their roads but saying that people don't buy brand new cars here is a big lie because even small boys in the ministry are buying brand new Kia, Hyundai etc. Small small boys at main-market that base on importation plays with brand new cars. Go to Trans-Nkisi, GRA, American Quarters, etc and see big boys in their flashy cars..

That you did not eat last night does not mean that many others didn't eat too. Stop using your family suffering situation to assess others, that is the point I want you to understand..

[s]
chigoizie7:

Lol, u are just funny. The truth hurts. Anambra people live flamboyantly but certainly not on the type of cars coasharis deals on. I lived in Onitsha till I was 20 plus, and I am living in awka for over 7years now.
U can't compare the Caliber of cars u see on the streets of Lagos,Abuja or ph with what u see in Anambra, even though the owners might be Igbo or anambrarians but they don't live in Anambra. Cosharis deals on benz,BMW ,ford and the likes, how many sophisticated Benz or BMW have u seen on the streets of Anambra?
U can be driving 3' but that doesn't mean u bought all mint and from cosharis, neither did u buy it from car dealers in either osha,nnewi or awka, tell ur self the truth.
[/s]

5 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by chigoizie7(m): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Which truth hurts? Me or you? Stop using your poverty infested lifestyle to judge others, that is the point am trying to make. That your father walks around with slippers and short-nickers does not mean that my dad who served as a director in NBC and later a senior director in the new Anambra did same. Yes Lagos, Abuja and Lagos has more cars on their roads but saying that people don't buy brand new cars here is a big lie because even small boys in the ministry are buying brand new Kia, Hyundai etc.

That you did not eat last night does not mean that many people didn't eat. Stop using your family suffering situation to assess others, that is the point I want you to understand..

[s][/s]

I give up

6 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Doug07034780891(m): 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2016
You see why poor people should not be talking so that they don't expose their poor situation. You asked of such sophisticated cars. Now look below, see flashy cars in our environment in Anambra. If you are a regular person that goes out for occasions and all you will see more of these all over the state..

[s]
chigoizie7:

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by Doug07034780891(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2016
Why won't you give up when you have decided to use your present predicament to judge millions of others that are enjoying lives. People are driving brand new cars everywhere..once you have a job you gotta get one from Hyundai, Kia, Innoson, Coscharis etc, and they are all over here in Anambra. Now Innoson has brought down their own monthly payment with Sterling bank so low that people are buying now. Get a job and you will drive a brand new car..

chigoizie7:

I give up

2 Likes

Re: Okija Village Politics: Obijackson Vows To Turn His Village Into A Great City by nonsobaba: 7:13pm On Oct 07, 2016
Of all the billionaires mentioned here, only Obijackson really loves his state with the quality and scale of projects he has sited and those he intends to site in the state. I am only hoping that all obstacles to his proposed power station in okija are cleared so that work can commence there. If actualised, that would definitely be the biggest and most significant business establishment in the state. Ifeanyi ubah is just a noise maker. The guy should be yanked off the list. I pity anyone who thinks that his IfeanyiUbah united FC scam, which he set up just to boost his profile in preparation for the next election, is an investment that will have head. For over 5 years, the scam artist is yet to complete the Nnewi cathedral which he tore down. Some of those who he arrested for not returning the buses and motorcycles that he had dashed to them before his humiliating defeat in 2013 are still telling their tales of woe. To cut the long story short, many of our so-called billionaires don't add any value to the economy of anambra state. The hopeless case of Andy uba is most pathetic.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo) / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.