Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister (38062 Views)

Bill To Separate AGF From Justice minister Passes Second Reading / Falana Tells Buhari To Release Dasuki / Nigeria Not Duty-bound To Obey ECOWAS Ruling On Dasuki – Buhari’s Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by amc: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
Vikkie14:
Re-read what you posted, did you find any sense in this?
No offense.
No body is in support of dasuki, but they should give him a fair hearing. Let the court decide his fate. If he can commit the crime, he should serve the term but only let the court decide this.

Are you not aware that the man has already been charged and hearing is now due in November? Or which other court are you referring to?
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by samsono30: 4:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
[quote author=Chomzy19 post=49942955][/quote]
Your mama
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
You should bury your head in shame...the world at large is watching...how can you detain a man for such a period of time even when the competent court of jurisdiction has ordered his release ? now you want to study the verdict the ECOWAS court gave? maybe we should bring microscope for you to see well....Politics of bitterness...This is dictatorship... I just thank God for death,its inevitable for every mortal no matter how powerful and influential you think you re,,you must face it someday.... I wonder if this was the reason why he was so ambitious and anxious to become the president...if you want to know the true nature of a man, give him Power and wealth!

Whilst Nigeria is a signatory to the treaty setting up the ECOWAS court, the courts decision is not binding on Nigeria until the treaty has been domesticated under Nigerian law by being passed into law by NASS. Section 12 (1) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) states as follows:

"No treaty between the Federation and any other country shall have the force of law except to the extent to which such Treaty has been enacted into law by the National Assembly".

The National Assembly has not domesticated or enacted the Revised Treaty and the Protocols relating to the Court into law.

It's that simple. So for those running to the Ecowas court " You can come back home now"

1 Like

Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by balingaonline(m): 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
No mercy for thief. That ECOWAS judge should be interrogate too, they are birds of the same feathers that fly together.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by phenomem(m): 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
samsono30:
Let the truth be said, that man surpose roth in jail. Do u know how many people are dead, how many people the have turn to widows, widower, orphans, childless and the homeless. And some gorilas are saying he shld go back to his family, so he is more special than other citizen. He shld be thankful to Buhari, if it where me I wld av hang him since.

I support you my brother. I don't think many of the people that are fighting for his release really knows the extent of the crime he committed. Apart from the fact that the saw weapons at his residence. He committed a grave crime against humanity by not purchasing the weapons needed to fight the insurgency and sending ill equipped soldiers to fight terrorists that are far superior thereby resulting to a huge lost of lives.

The rule of law will prevail but I suggest he should be remanded in prison face all the charges against him from there
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Myde4naija(m): 5:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
Pavarottii:

Buhari that billions was missing wen he was PTF chairman is not a thief abi?
nobody has filed anything against buhari, and besides u don't have any proof. This present one is so obvious and anybody something him should be prosecuted as well
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by ije22: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
KINGMAKER001:
You should bury your head in shame...the world at large is watching...how can you detain a man for such a period of time even when the competent court of jurisdiction has ordered his release ? now you want to study the verdict the ECOWAS court gave? maybe we should bring microscope for you to see well....Politics of bitterness...This is dictatorship... I just thank God for death,its inevitable for every mortal no matter how powerful and influential you think you re,,you must face it someday.... I wonder if this was the reason why he was so ambitious and anxious to become the president...if you want to know the true nature of a man, give him Power and wealth!
when u struggle to buy data to defend someone who stole ur money then we must know the person who place a cause on u to appease him to free u
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Pavarottii(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
Myde4naija:
nobody has filed anything against buhari, and besides u don't have any proof. This present one is so obvious and anybody something him should be prosecuted as well
Wats d proof here?

1 Like

Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Akainzo(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
Pchidexy:

Your statement is a testament of your literacy level. We are not saying Dasuki should go free. However, a competent law court has to send him to jail.

You must not support Buhari in every thing he does! Haba!

Is Dasuki not in jail based on the decision of a competent court in Nigeria? Dasuki has been granted bail for SOME of his cases but NOT ALL of his court cases, thus he is still in jail based on the orders of a competent court in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Pavarottii(m): 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
Myde4naija:
Wats d proof here?

1 Like

Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Osyabj: 5:38pm On Oct 05, 2016
KINGMAKER001:

Absolute Rubbish. You and your BLOOD money Dasuki think you can deceive unsuspecting Nigerians with your black market usesless Ecowas judgement.

Here are the facts:

[size=20pt]Armsgate: Dasuki refuses to attend trial, EFCC tells court. Bottomline, the ONLY person keeping Dasuki in Jail is Dasuki for refusing to go to trial and prove his innocence!
[/size]
http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/armsgate-dasuki-refuses-to-attend-trial-efcc-tells-court/139177.html#mgZtmUVcp5JIJpGy.99

If this scum of the earth, blood cult kigpin, Dasuki who supervised the MURDER of over 700,000 Nigerians with his IBB, Jonathan and Dasuki's personal army know as Boka haram, is in the US he will be bundled to the court room by force to prove his innocence!!!
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by london4luv: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
Military republic of zoogeria... Nothing have and will ever come out of this thing called zoogeria

2 Likes

Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by ishiamu(m): 6:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
mccoy47:
Sad! The same APC dat screamed blue murder and abuse of office den at Tambuwals harrasment et all by d PDP are the same ppl Flagrantly abusing power with Dasuki!

your moniker just reminded me of a filipino movie I watched recently
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by autonomous22: 6:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
Buhari n strong head.....
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2016
Demdem:

Thank goodness he is hunting witches as stated by wailers. Even the good book asked us not to let any witch live. How many has Buhari killed?
at least am not a zombie undecided
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by higherpower: 7:09pm On Oct 05, 2016
Kyase:
ECOWAS should go and die.

See ECOWAS wey dey beg naija Money wan show power wey dem no get, make dem no make naija pull out oooo.

Igbo man was the judge
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by RichyRodman(m): 7:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
We all remember it was dasuki that babangida used to arrest Buhari as president of Nigeria in 1994,Buhari is just out to punish Dasuki as a revenge! He stole money but he bought arms,fighter jets and war planes,armoured tanks,bombs and guns it was on Nairaland that year,dasuki knows even most Nigerians know its a personal vendetta he's facing. The website below shows he actually bought weapons and that's what the Nigerian Army used in fighting Boko Haram but APC has taken the Glory for what PDP paid for!

https://www.nairaland.com/2172344/china-russia-send-sophisticated-war
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by doctorfemi20(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
In my opinion, i think the FG is right by locking up El-zakzaky, Dasuki and Nnamdi kanu because the trio are a threat to national security. No sane country will release such high profile criminals to destabilize the unity of the country. I applaud buhari on this

Can u pls expatriate more on how they are threats? Impunity is ravaging the country. We are ruled by a dictator, and some people still support the tyrant
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
If dasuki was from Niger Delta, the war no for be here o.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
In my opinion, i think the FG is right by locking up El-zakzaky, Dasuki and Nnamdi kanu because the trio are a threat to national security. No sane country will release such high profile criminals to destabilize the unity of the country. I applaud buhari on this

Abioo, u dey mind dem ni..if na this same America, na Guantanamo dem go move dem first for like 8 years!!! Ecowas ko, ekoIs ni
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:

Abioo, u dey mind dem ni..if na this same America(UN,ECOWAS) na Guantanamo Bay dem go move dem first for like 8 years 4gt dem thr!!! Ecowas ko, ekoIs ni
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Dlionsheart: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
In my opinion, i think the FG is right by locking up El-zakzaky, Dasuki and Nnamdi kanu because the trio are a threat to national security.No sane country will release such high profile criminals to destabilize the unity of the country. I applaud buhari on this

''.....no sane country........." with law, constitution and as member of a body is above the law of the land, violates its own constitution, disobeyed legal ruling of a body and act with such impunity against its citizen in a modern democratic dispensation as Nigeria under Mr. Buhari

Nobody is saying that Dasuki didn't steal but the law must be respected. Inspector General of police was jailed under OBJ. No matter how much he has stolen, no matter how big the consequences of his loot are, we have a law for all those things. Get your facts right and nail him for 100 years and the case will be forgotten.
Even if you kill someone now and policemen arrest, you will still face the rigorous law process before being killed or jailed. You can't say because the person he killed is your father so he has to die immediately. There are laws in heaven and on earth. We must learn to act within the law.
How is Dasuki a threat to national security? Some people have bought this line from APC and believed. Why not use the law to seize his travel documents and grant him a bail with a condition to seize his landed properties, freeze his account etc. What ever issue you have with Dasuki, laws must be followed. copied from legendte (m)

1 Like

Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Henrichemeka(m): 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
You have no excuse whatsoever to disobey court order. This should be four court orders now, ordering you (FG) to release him but you refused to carry out this simple order. But you want people to comply with the witch-hunt you guys are doing that you called fighting corruption. Fight corruption head-on and under the ambit of law. We are in democracy, not military rule.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Wadeoye(m): 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
doctorfemi20:

Can u pls expatriate more on how they are threats? Impunity is ravaging the country. We are ruled by a dictator, and some people still support the tyrant

grin grin grin grin grin

No country, not even in Africa will release such known threats to national security.

If I were PMB, Dasuki would have been fatally shot by now and conc acid pored on his remains.

Dansuki and freedom in the same sentence after all the atrocities and loss of lives caused by him?

I am waiting to see if an SSS official will patriotic enough to release his bullets on this criminal in his cell when everybody has gone to sleep.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by precious1967(m): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2016
the judge must be a chronic bastard. what does he wants those in d idps camp to think or to do when they ve bn driven out of there homes due to ds dasuki's greediness?
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Kyase(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2016
higherpower:

Igbo man was the judge
Lol
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by mccoy47(m): 8:14pm On Oct 05, 2016
ishiamu:

your moniker just reminded me of a filipino movie I watched recently

You watch Filipino movies? undecided
Ewwwwww angry
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by ArabMopol(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05, 2016
Kyase:
ECOWAS should go and die.

See ECOWAS wey dey beg naija Money wan show power wey dem no get, make dem no make naija pull out oooo.
who is 9ja You
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
ceeethru:
Must Dasuki be his father? you can't kill the truth no matter what!
You that is defending the tyrant called buhari the chief of dullard, Is he your father? this is arrant nonsense!
I'm not defending Buhari, I'm only defending right to equal opportunity which corrupt politicians like Dasuki have denied me.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Pchidexy(m): 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2016
samsono30:

Is because of pple like u Nigeria is still they way we are, hw i wish this country is like china, corrupt pple like u wont exist. Am sure ur ways are not pure.

You must be a pig to say that. Did you ever see me support Dasuki? Fighting corruption is different from vengeance. We all know Buhari got an axe to grind with Dasuki.

What of the other top military officer indicted? Dambazzu and co?

Zombie please find your level
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by Myde4naija(m): 10:27pm On Oct 05, 2016
Pavarottii:

Wats d proof here?
$2.1b arms fund that was mismanaged, what else do u need to know.
Re: Why We Didn't Release Dasuki Despite ECOWAS Ruling - Justice Minister by ishiamu(m): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
mccoy47:

You watch Filipino movies? undecided Ewwwwww angry
When you have a GF that watches it you have no option than to adjust

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Produced Most Embarrassing Budget In History- Saharareporters / 2019: Obj’s CNM Collapses Into ADC / Why Is It That The Only Time Any USA President Visited Nigeria Was Obasanjo Era?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.