Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,303 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Are You Still Single? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are You Still Single? (69237 Views)

How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single / Val Wahala; Why Are You Still Single? / Why Are You Still Single ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 09, 2016
rosalieene:

That's because I am a Rev sister grin

Rev. Sis ko....iffa hear.
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Folalade(f): 8:03am On Oct 09, 2016
Because I dont want a possesive partner and every guy seem to be
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Presh900(m): 8:13am On Oct 09, 2016
Folalade:
Because I dont want a possesive partner and every guy seem to be
babe,if thah is you on ya dp,i won't mind dating you....u're my lost rib
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Folalade(f): 8:14am On Oct 09, 2016
Presh900:
babe,if thah is you on ya dp,i won't mind dating you....u're my lost rib

Your siggy answered it all. grin
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Presh900(m): 8:21am On Oct 09, 2016
Folalade:

Your siggy answered it all. grin
hehehe..don't mind my siggy,i am very serious nw...btw ,seems like you 're new here??
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Folalade(f): 8:22am On Oct 09, 2016
Presh900:
hehehe..don't mind my siggy,i am very serious nw
Okay
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Folalade(f): 8:30am On Oct 09, 2016
Presh900:
hehehe..don't mind my siggy,i am very serious nw...btw ,seems like you 're new here??
Yes and I am getting pissed already
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Bizibi(m): 8:32am On Oct 09, 2016
Was single fr two years,focused my energy on other things but sometimes one feels something missing.....trying to date again.
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Mercykayy(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2016
Talk2Bella:

I have superglue cry

Lol. I'm gonna be greatful if that's going to mend my heart and try to fall in love again to a pretty lady like you. #winks
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by vitalisdiho(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]character
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by FunnyDude(m): 10:45am On Oct 09, 2016
JackieMay:

try dating me
Hello! As you can see am just 24 years old, the gap between us is much. No offense!!!
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Talk2Bella(f): 11:00am On Oct 09, 2016
Mercykayy:

Lol. I'm gonna be greatful if that's going to mend my heart and try to fall in love again to a pretty lady like you. #winks

Awwww cheesy
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2016
Heartaches
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by dasparrow: 11:54am On Oct 09, 2016
Talk2Bella:
Don’t you get tired when people ask you this question? But here I am asking you, why are you single? Most people don’t know being single sometimes is a choice, but what’s a choice without a purpose or a reason? If you don’t know why you’re single then you need to know why no one is asking you out.

Everyone these days is single, a guy comes up to you and says he’s single, you know this very pretty girl and she tells you she’s single and you open your mouth in awe because you don’t believe such a beaut could be single.

What is the reason behind that decision you’ve taken to be single

Work?

Heartbreak?

Sexual preference?

Finance?

Time?

Lack of a dating type?

Honesty?

Location?

School?

Waiting on someone to notice you?

Age?

Gender?

Lack of interest?

Self-Searching?

Character?

Family Background?

Tell me your reason and purpose, being single is no fun without a purpose, it sometimes lead to depression, envy, suicidal thoughts and lonesome nights.

You begin to question yourself and your existence, most people who always scream team single {without a purpose} are dying inside, they need that companionship, someone to talk to, someone to listen to, someone to touch, someone to play with, they just need someone and most times because there’s a lack of someone they begin to give everyone a chance which becomes a cycle and leads to more heartbreak and then we hear the Forever Single Phrase all over again.

You need to know why you’re single, there’s enough people in the world to go around for everyone, heck people are getting married every Saturday, every day, and you’re there scream “SINGLE LADIES” “SINGLE MEN CREW” wake up, you need help ASAP screaming Team No Hoes won’t alleviate the loneliness you feel inside, screaming Team No Dykes won’t make you feel any better, you need a purpose for being single or without that you’re just someone who isn’t able to get a man or a woman.

While I was in the University, I didn’t date, not that I didn’t have a play companion, I just didn’t want anything serious because I wanted to finish school without distractions and I saw that as one, and when I finished school I said nah, I need a job before I’d date, no one wants to date a liability, when I finally got a job I was ready to date, I did for a while and realized I wanted more things in life than dating and I went for it.

This isn’t a write-up to make you feel bad, for everything there’s a season and a reason and without these you’re just floating on the plane of reality, not making an impact, not contributing, you’re just sliding in and out without realizing how opaque your life is.

This doesn’t apply to dating alone, why do you do the things you do? What’s the reason behind the purpose that’s motivating you? Don’t forget to drop your comment and encourage someone.

Thanks.

Isabella Ibeji

Talk2Bella

http://www.talk2bella.com/2016/10/why-are-you-still-single.html?m=1

See epistle. I have always wondered why Nigerians are so obsessed with other people's relationship status? Like how does that affect the price of fish in the market? Newsflash, your country Nigeria is going down the abyss, your currency is turning into a worthless piece of paper, your leaders have no clue what the hell they're doing, prices of food stuff are going through the roof leaving many Nigerian families hungry and all you are worried about is why a person is single? Alright, here are some reasons why some people are single:

1. They do better on their own than in a team.

2. They have not found that special person that they can picture spending the rest of their lives with.

3. They hate or abhor sex and as such cannot be in a relationship where sexual intercourse will be required of them.

4. They were sexually abused either as children or adults and as such, they don't trust people with their bodies.

5. For religious reasons: They want to spread the good news of the kingdom of God like Apostle Paul in the bible did and being in a relationship will be a distraction for them.

6. They just don't want marriage, period.

7. They are afraid of contracting sexually transmitted diseases especially at the rate with which people cheat on their significant others in relationships nowadays. This especially seems to be the case in Nigeria where most married men cheat on their wives at some point anyways. We all know abstinence is the best form of protection from those nasty sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

8. They don't want to fornicate and most people nowadays require that you Bleep them once you choose to date them so they choose to remain single rather than offend God and risk hell fire after death.

9. They want to focus on their studies or career for now and don't need any distraction.

10. They are not emotionally ready for any relationship right now.

11. They are gay and being in a same-sex relationship here in Nigeria will land them in jail for 14 years. So they rather stay single rather than date someone of the opposite gender whom they are not sexually attracted to.

So there you have it. The above are some reasons why people are single or have chosen to remain single and we should all learn to respect their choice. After all, pressuring anyone into a relationship they are not ready for helps no one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Still Single? by xoella: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2016
I'm single because I haven't met the person who I can trust completely, who is going to show me what love actually means, who is going to love me the way I am. I'm single because he's still out there somewhere. I hope you find your way in time......
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by adedeij02(m): 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2016
[b][/b]Just havent found the right girl for me cryJust havent found the right girl for me
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by MilesLamar(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
Because you don't reply my PM's
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Mercykayy(m): 1:01am On Oct 10, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Awwww cheesy
#smiles. Taken?
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Talk2Bella(f): 6:29am On Oct 10, 2016
Mercykayy:

#smiles. Taken?

Yea
Career grin
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Talk2Bella(f): 6:30am On Oct 10, 2016
dasparrow:

See epistle. I have always wondered why Nigerians are so obsessed with other people's relationship status? Like how does that affect the price of fish in the market? Newsflash, your country Nigeria is going down the abyss, your currency is turning into a worthless piece of paper, your leaders have no clue what the hell they're doing, prices of food stuff are going through the roof leaving many Nigerian families hungry and all you are worried about is why a person is single? Alright, here are some reasons why some people are single:

1. They do better on their own than in a team.

2. They have not found that special person that they can picture spending the rest of their lives with.

3. They hate or abhor sex and as such cannot be in a relationship where sexual intercourse will be required of them.

4. They were sexually abused either as children or adults and as such, they don't trust people with their bodies.

5. For religious reasons: They want to spread the good news of the kingdom of God like Apostle Paul in the bible did and being in a relationship will be a distraction for them.

6. They just don't want marriage, period.

7. They are afraid of contracting sexually transmitted diseases especially at the rate with which people cheat on their significant others in relationships nowadays. This especially seems to be the case in Nigeria where most married men cheat on their wives at some point anyways. We all know abstinence is the best form of protection from those nasty sexually transmitted diseases and unwanted pregnancies.

8. They don't want to fornicate and most people nowadays require that you Bleep them once you choose to date them so they choose to remain single rather than offend God and risk hell fire after death.

9. They want to focus on their studies or career for now and don't need any distraction.

10. They are not emotionally ready for any relationship right now.

11. They are gay and being in a same-sex relationship here in Nigeria will land them in jail for 14 years. So they rather stay single rather than date someone of the opposite gender whom they are not sexually attracted to.

So there you have it. The above are some reasons why people are single or have chosen to remain single and we should all learn to respect their choice. After all, pressuring anyone into a relationship they are not ready for helps no one.

And you accuse me of writing an epistle cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Cutehector(m): 6:48am On Oct 10, 2016
Most people blame the reason for their single status on the opposite sex.

Dats nonsense.

Y'all single because you want to be single! Those in fruitful relationships don't have two heads! Those getting married every Saturday aren't angels! They are humans like us, they understand that there is never a smooth relationship and they endure through all the hurdles.

I can never say i'm single cuz i'v not found the right girl, I will say i'm single cuz i've not made myself available.

Xoella

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Presh900(m): 8:27am On Oct 10, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Yea
Career grin
somewhere in Ikeja, anty Linda is crying over why she chose her career over her dating life
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Nobody: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2016
it aint choice.. am searching like kilode.. really want to be in a relationship. buh where is my gf self, i even thought i'd meet her online oo, thats why i even join nl buh all to no avail still jare. so if you are my property and you are reading this, biko pm me and lets hook up already or else, the force of this loneliness go kill me and if i should die lasan i no go forgive you for heaven where i dey oo and i go make sure u no get husby for this life wey you come.
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2016
Presh900:
somewhere in Ikeja, anty Linda is crying over why she chose her career over her dating life

Please educate yourself grin

http://nigerianfeminism..com.ng/2016/10/the-feminism-in-linda-ikeji.html?m=1
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Talk2Bella(f): 9:17am On Oct 10, 2016
Cutehector:

Dats nonsense.

Y'all single because you want to be single! Those in fruitful relationships don't have two heads! Those getting married every Saturday aren't angels! They are humans like us, they understand that there is never a smooth relationship and they endure through all the hurdles.

I can never say i'm single cuz i'v not found the right girl, I will say i'm single cuz i've not made myself available.

Xoella

Uncle Hecky cheesy
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Cutehector(m): 9:36am On Oct 10, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Uncle Hecky cheesy
anty bella grin
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by JackieMay(f): 11:17am On Oct 10, 2016
FunnyDude:

Hello! As you can see am just 24 years old, the gap between us is much. No offense!!!
and I'm how old?
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by youngestmilly: 11:25am On Oct 10, 2016
Iamhatey:
I'm still single because guys are complicated.

I'm afraid I will be faithful and he will cheat on me.
I'm afraid that he will change to something else.
Im afraid that after all the fvcking and all that, he won't marry me angry sad
I swr I can't do dat to u. Av been sayin dis from d beginning. I'll Bleep u right nd treat u right
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Presh900(m): 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2016
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Udyluv88(m): 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
i dont av likins 4 gals, morova i dnt wnt hrtbreaks.... Jst ok being single, somtimx i feel lonely. I knw hw 2 deal wit loneliness, am 28 already, still prayin 2 God 4 a mate
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by Mercykayy(m): 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Yea
Career grin
Lol. Now, that's so funny. I won't disturb you really and won't mind getting to know you better.
Re: Why Are You Still Single? by xoella: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2016
Cutehector:

Dats nonsense.

Xoella
yes ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

The Attraction And Troubles Of Dating An Older Woman / I Stopped Replying A Girl I Used To Like Because Of This Text / Excited Lady Poses With Her Masquerade "Boyfriend" As He Carries Her. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.