Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,858 members, 7,828,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS (32400 Views)

More People 'burned To Death In Homes' By South Sudan's Government Militias - AI / African Bar Condemns Arrest, Invasion Of Judges’ Homes / Untold Story Of SSS Raids On Judges’ Homes In Abuja, Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by ElsonMorali: 12:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
I think it is safe to say that Nigerians love muck and filth, going by the response of the majotiy on here.

We are like pigs. And the muck is our home where we are comfortable.

At the end of Buhari's tenure we will begin to shout up and down like a castrated goat "he said he will end corruption, but nobody has been jailed since he resumed office".

Do you ever wonder how a judge can hand a death sentence or life imprisonment to someone who stole a loaf of bread and also give a fine of some thousands of naira to someone who stole from the state treasury to the tune of billions of dollars?"

I guess we love that kind of perverted justice right?

SMH really seriously.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by Bollinger(m): 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2016
Deepfreezer:
it surprises me u dont understand am being sarcastic here.

The sarcasm excuse. Ok.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by exlinkleads(f): 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2016
ElsonMorali:

I get what you're saying quite alright.

But I'd rather we give this government the benefit of the doubt that they see what we can't see.

You say these are respectable people? Well they used to be until they sold that respect on the altar of greed by selling justice to criminals so they can walk free.

If you know how powerful these judges are and the extent to which corruption can fight back you'll be patient and watch what the presidency is doing. Don't forget we have a highly qualified SAN as our VP and a staunch Christian too. I want to believe they know what they are doing.

Our support should be with the presidency in their bid to rid our nation of corruption and not with those who have mortgaged the future of Nigeria.

The tactics they have used so far is OK. There's the element of surprise and shock. This way they won't have time to bury evidences or something.

Come on, are u for real?? Give which government a benefit of a doubt?? Buhari led government?? Let me just assume u r not being serious. Because u cant be.

History do not lie and if u cant keep doing the same thing you are doing and expect things to change. You can just give a child a gun and expect he will use it do what?

And for u to say u r ok with what he is doing, speaks volume. I rest my case.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by ElsonMorali: 4:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
exlinkleads:

Come on, are u for real?? Give which government a benefit of a doubt?? Buhari led government?? Let me just assume u r not being serious. Because u cant be.

History do not lie and if u cant keep doing the same thing you are doing and expect things to change. You can just give a child a gun and expect he will use it do what?

And for u to say u r ok with what he is doing, speaks volume. I rest my case.

Well I guess history will decide who is right and who is wrong between the two of us.

When corruption fights back we all fold our arms. Now the FG is trying to attack corruption at it's roots we are up in arms.

Critical situations require desperate measures.

For Nigeria's democracy to work we need someone with iron fists.

These same judges have been selling justice to the rich class to the detriment of the masses for a long time. The NJC turned a blind eye and pretended tobe blind .

We are now saying we should let NJC do it's job? The same job it has refused to do for the past 16years?

Sorry. I go with President Buhari. If I was in his shoes that'd have been the first step I would take.

Like I said we'll both look back at this moment in future and realise who was right and who was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by Certifiedboss: 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10206634053199450&id=1516216357&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10206634053199450%3Atl_objid.10206634053199450%3Athid.1516216357%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1477983599%3A7520692320373175978&__tn__=%2As

FFK is a shameless basted...... When GEJ was in office Tinubu was surrounded by soldiers in his house for more than 24hrs . He could not leave his house. The soldiers disrupted movement in the neighborhood and sent fear down the spine of everyone living there , but we didn't hear this bastard call GEJ a dictator . He didn't even say anything ..................... WIKE in an interview said the pointed gun at him and he has never seen a governor being treated that was . What a wow, I guess he forgot so soon how he took men of the police under the instruction of GEJ and his wife to go and threaten Ameachi with gun while he was the governor of Rivers
...... When Fayose took thugs to the court room to beat up the judge I didn't head FFK address the issue on how a Judge should not be treated ......... When WIKE entered office and he went to pull town the gate of people who held office during Ameachi's tenure as Governor to tow the vehicles in the compound without even giving them notice in the name of recovering government vehicles nobody complained that WIKE did not follow due process ...... Nigeria is a shame

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by laudate: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
ElsonMorali:
I can't help but be amazed by the immense stupidity andtotal lack of sense by those condemning the current arrests going on.

Are you all saying that the judges are above the law and they can't be arrested if they breach the law they are supposed to uphold?

Nigerian education has really gone to the dogs. And I'm assuming all these folks here actually have been to school before, even if for a minute.

Are the judges drug barons, armed kidnappers or terrorists that DSS decided to storm their houses at 1.am, manhandle their families, break down their doors and create a siege in their neighbourhood? shocked Was a search warrant produced before the arrest? Why couldn't they have arrested the judges in broad daylight without all the ridiculous drama?

Did the DSS try to exert this same measure of zealousness in trying to bring Buratai to account for the mansion he bought in Dubai with the corrupt proceeds he got, while serving in the force?

Anyway, there are always two sides to a story. I want to hear from the arrested judges, first before i pass further comments.

edimalo:
This sounds Crazy! No wonder the judges were released unconditionally.

Mahmud Mohammed, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, has confronted President Muhammadu Buhari in a face-to-face meeting in the Presidential Villa following the weekend crackdown on federal judges and two Supreme Court justices by the country’s secret police, The Trent can exclusively report.

The meeting, which held in the morning of Monday, October 10, 2016, was at the instance of the Honourable Justice Mohammed, multiple sources reveal.

Present at the meeting were Lawal Daura, the director-general of the Department of State Security Services, DSS, which serves as the country’s secret police and the president of the National Industrial Court of Nigeria, Babatunde Adejumo.

Our findings are that the meeting was very tense and the chief justice did not mince words when addressing the president on the matter. The visibly infuriated CJN tongue-lashed the president for violating the democratic principles of separation of powers and assuming the unconstitutional status of “supervisor” of the judiciary, an independent arm of government.

Justice Mohammed accused President Buhari of victimizing the judges targeted in the midnight crackdown by the DSS for refusing to be intimidated by the secret police over the matters of the election petitions of Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.

According to one of our top inside sources, the CJN exposed a series of scare and intimidation tactics carried out by the DSS director general, a kinsman to President Buhari, to make the bench bow to its wishes and overturn the judgement against the current governors of two oil-rich states.

Mohammed expressly accused the DSS DG of using the name of President Buhari in carrying out what he called an “unprecedented attempt to influence the bench and pervert justice” in the country. The president was visibly upset by the revelations and repeatedly denied knowledge of such harassment of of judges by the DSS.

Mr. Daura attempted to deny knowledge of such subterranean moves and claimed that the judges that were arrested, in what the secret police wrongly termed as “sting operation”, were corrupt. A claim which saw the CJN shout him down telling him to shut up and sit down.

After lambasting the secret police boss, Justice Mohammed proceeded to unreel instances in which Daura contacted judges handling the election petition cases claiming that ruling in favour of the All Progressives Congress, APC, candidates was “what President Buhari wanted”. Again, the president denies issuing such instructions.

The CJN also revealed that the minister of transportation, Rotimi Amaechi offered the judges millions of dollars to overturn their ruling on the two election petitions. He said the honourable justices rebuffed Amaechi because they were hellbent on delivering a sound judgment on the cases which had been unduly sensationalised by politicians.

Justice Mohammed revealed that Amaechi also said that he was acting on the orders of the president and that in actual fact, the judges arrested over the weekend were those who refused to be corrupted by the DSS and Amaechi and insisted on preserving the independence and integrity of the bench.

On this revelation, Buhari presented a disturbed contenance, our sources say. The president requested that the CJN puts down his position which we are reliably informed has been done.

Insiders revealed to The Trent that the climate in Aso Rock is unusually tense following the posture and damning revelations by the CJN.

There are whispers in the corridors that based on the gravity of the allegations against the DSS director and Amaechi, Buhari may let go of the duo to “clear his name from the embarrassing episode’, a top security source told our reporter.

Justice Mohammed went on to describe the DSS action as “very saddening”, “deeply regrettable” and a “distressing and unfortunate” incident when he later addressed the valedictory court session held in honour of a retiring Justice of the Supreme Court, Suleiman Galadima. The attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, Abubakar Malami was conspicuously absent at the event on Monday.

In the early hours of Saturday, October 8, 2016, operatives of the county’s secret police invaded the homes of a number of senior judges and abducted some of them from the homes under the guise of an anti-corruption battle.

“My lords, invited guests, ladies and gentlemen, not to detract from this occasion, it is indeed very saddening and deeply regrettable, the distressing and unfortunate incident which occurred on Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8, 2016,” Mohammed said at the valedictory court session held in honour of a retiring Justice of the Supreme Court, Suleiman Galadima

President Buhari appointed Lawal Daura, his kinsman from his hometown in Katsina on July 2, as head of the DSS after firing Ita Ekpeyong. Daura was recalled from retirement as he had retired from the service of the DSS when he reached the mandatory age of 60 according to the Civil Service rules of Nigeria. He is also a member of Buhari’s political party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and served on the security committee for Buhari’s presidential campaign.

While the election petitions were being heard at the courts, the INEC resident electoral commissioners (RECs) for Akwa Ibom, Austin Okojie, was detained and tortured for 13 days and his Rivers State counterpart, Gesila Khan , was also detained for two weeks by Nigeria’s secret police. The harassment, detention, and torture of electoral officials of the two oil rich states was reportedly connected with the interest of President Buhari in reclaiming electoral victory from main opposition party, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) in those states.

None of the INEC officials detained by the DSS have been charged with any crime and the election petitions were eventually ruled in favour of the PDP by the Supreme Court.

http://techflave.com/2016/10/11/exclusive-chief-justice-nigeria-berates-buhari-face-face-meeting-aso-rock/
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by chernest2002: 3:38pm On Oct 13, 2016
Pennywise:

You should be thankful to Buhari. You are the one that is brain dead and the people he is after are the ones that caused your affliction.
Mr zombie am not afflicted in any way, am happier than your buhari. He is fighting his enemies not fighting for Nigeria.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Condemns The Raiding Of Judges Homes By DSS by Abuleoshi: 5:33am On Oct 15, 2016
thunder74:

Hooooooo, this is the main reason I always advice parents to put passwords on their phones.
Mr Man I told you we are watching the cyberspace and the online hate propaganda going on. You thought I was joking.
https://www.nairaland.com/3406968/dss-arrests-emeh-james-anyalekwa

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Don't Know Who Can Challenge Us In 2027 – Wike / Prepare Your Will If You Are Coming To Rig Election In Rivers State – Wike Warns / Andy Ubah Gives Cars To APC Leaders In Anambra Ahead Of Election (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.