Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:28 AM

Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS (52828 Views)

Ife Crisis: Why We Arrested Only Yoruba Suspects – IGP / Photos Of Governors' Wives And High Ranking Women At Zahra Buhari's Wedding / Why We Arrested Reuben Abati – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Abagworo(m): 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2016
mapet:

Wike's with his presence has given himself away as culpable. This is a case I want to be executed as swift as possible. DSS should charge them to court with their weight of evidence and let's see how this will pan out

It's between them and NJC and I believe they will be stripped of their legal practise privilege.
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by debeey87(m): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
Its amazing how quick most of us are quick to comment without reading the news wella. For the sake of those too lazy to read the entire page before jumping to the conclusion as to how they knew the money got there and why they COUNTED IT. please read below with some patience.

In one of the States where the Service operations were conducted, credible intelligence revealed that the Judge had Two Million United States Dollars ($2,000,000 USD) stashed in his house.

When he was approached for due search to be conducted, he in concert with the State Governor, mobilized thugs against the Service team.

The team restrained itself in the face of unbridled provocative activities by those brought in by the Governor. Unfortunately, the Judge and Governor also engaged the tacit support of a sister security agency.

The Service surveillance team noticed that upon frustrating the operation, the Judge with the active support of the Governor craftily moved the money to an unknown location which the Service is currently making effort to unravel.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Jerryojozy(m): 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
sholatech:
So they saw & counted 2million dollars raw cash & yet it's not recovered? I don't understand Oga DSS
Dont mind them, DSS is clueless as President Buhari
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by mapet: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2016
OasisT:
Are saying no judge from the northern extraction is corrupt ?

First off, Justice Mohammed Liman, one of the judges in question is of "Nothern extraction"...and is that a justification for the alleged corruption of these judges in question?

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Ubenedictus(m): 9:12pm On Oct 08, 2016
exlinkleads:

hahahahah imagine that..

they saw, they counted and are sure is $2m

and yet they didn't recover it....

Blatant lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
READ AGAIN, they didnt say they saw d money.

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by ahaika23: 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2016
sholatech:
So they saw & counted 2million dollars raw cash & yet it's not recovered? I don't understand Oga DSS
Me sef I am not understanding, abi dem carry counting machine go d raid? DSS, whas going on in the zoo?
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by MadCow1: 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
How does due diligence substitute for Arrest Warrant?

Did you seriously write this? undecided

And it made sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by chigoizie7(m): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
modath:

No one needs to be told that Wike and the rivers judge have nothing good going on..

$2m , wowza !!! If travelex like make dem ship in $1bn weekly, naira yapa to make nonsense of dem plans. cool

Brother, abet, how does travelex work? Like how can I get a ban card?
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Did you seriously write this? undecided
And it made sense to you?
Mad Cow has gone mad again o
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by saintmark88(m): 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
Pidggin:

So you believe the statement by DSS, have you heard from the judges yet?

It seems you make a lot of assumptions about people but you don't judge yourself first. All the questions you asked above, have you answered them yourself? Kindly replace PDP and fix APC there while you are at it

If we are under military rule and this sort of thing happens no one will complain, the problem is that we are supposed to be in a democracy this is why we are saying due process should be followed, that's all.

If u put APC der its doesn't border me, I dnt defend any upper class, by upper class I mean politician n top govt officials, because dey dnt care about u or I, so y should I defend dem,

Have u defended all those pple in kirikiri that r awaiting trial??

Have u defended those innocent pple in kuje prison wrongly accused n thrown into prison, they haven't even benn given fair trial but they languish n prison

I saw a video of a lady who has been in prison for 7yrz, it took dem 3yrz to hear her trial, after hearing d trial, just for d judge to pass judgement, it has taken more than four years nd she still waiting for her judgement.

So let me ask u has d rule of law been applied in her case nd d case of thousands of Nigerians langusign n jail??

Y dnt u care about how the rights of those innocent pple have been trampled upon by the same system ur defending.

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by mapet: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

smh...how we celebrate victimization of our "enemies" is unfortunate...

1)Will an agency with search warrant break into a house in the dead of the night? - Yes. According to law, there is no stipulated time to carry a search on a house with a search warrant

2)Will an agency with search warrant use weapon aka sledgehammer to break down gates of innocent people? Yes. These are people they obtained search warrant against. If those people refused to let them in or refused to be served, then they are within the ambit of the law to breakdown the door. It's a standard practice all over the world

3)How come they knew how much someone had at home? is it sensible? can anyone know how much cash you have at home? They knew because they a secret service........why are you asking questions that are pedestrian in quality?

4)Will you be against Wike if he intervened in same manner to save your family? Yes. Wike has no business preventing the law enforcement agencies from carrying out their lawful duty. If Wike has problems with the mode of arrest, let him go to court.

5) Federal High Court judge is no small officer of state hence deserves protection as received from Wike...Wike has no consitutional duty to protect a Federal High Court Judge. It is not within his remit

6) What's function of EFCC, ICPC if DSS now go for "supposed looters" or those living above their means?...Or isn't this conflict of interest? covert investigations like these are within the ambit of the duties of DSS. EFCC investigate reported financial crimes.

God save us...some day, you will cry for such victimization as this....good pm
I had been crying already as the country was led into the cesspit of corruption in all sector. I cry much more when a young man of my generation will support corruption to satisfy vendetta of failed election

2 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by mapet: 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2016
bigsmoke2:
Much as I condem the manner dss went about their operations, the manner wike sped off to protect the judge is suspicious and strongly suggest that they are in cahoot and have perpetuate some sinisterous activities together which he is trying to hide . What is a whole governor doing at the judges house by 1am.

There is nothing condemanble about how DSS went about their operation. They are a secret service agencies for God's sakes and they can carry out sting operations. The law does not preclude them from carrying out sting operations at 1.00a.m.

So if they badge into a suspected terrorist home at 2.00a.m. you lot will complain that it is unlawful?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by mapet: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
drss:
u ar resting in ur house sleeping peacefuly. den in d middle of d night around 2am, u hear loud knocks on ur gate. ur dogs started barking loudly. u woke up stattled n look through d window. u saw pipul in dark clothes using sledge hammer to break into ur house. wat will u do

Call the police.......and not the governor

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by BraniacX(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2016
loomer:
Make una shut up jare, no foolish judge go collect bribe today den start live luxurious life tomorrow. Make una bring another reason

My broda! You get sense jare wink
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by fergie001: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
APC should stop media trials.Irrespective of d heavy evidence,go through constitutional provisions of warrant,etc....not going 2 their houses,gestapo style.
Nigeria is at its crossroads now,this act should be totally condemned in all ramifications.
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Walelavender(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2016
This method is archaic and counter-productive. The timing is very wrong. This government is behaving too dull!
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by BraniacX(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2016
CecyAdrian:

When it comes to Nigeria, I beg to differ, the President (Buhari and no other) can even scrap the NA, judiciary and others posing a threat to the country and make room for a fresh start.

Who gets to define what constitutes a threat to the country then?
I vote me and hereby declare your stupidity a threat to the country and as such, you should be mindwiped!

Also i declare buhari's tribalism, nepotism, fanaticism, and other isms a threat to the country and hereby proclaim a fatwa on him! His head is yours to lob of, would you do us the honours? undecided

Now that is a typical example of how easily the tables can turn if we put aside the rule of law and start making judgements based on personal bias!

The law exists so that bias would have no sway in our polity
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Skybee1(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2016
Bizibi:
yes ooo,they counted it within an hr
Lol mehnn pipo sabi lie ehh hw on earth will d so call dss c n count 2mil dollars in n hour?
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by zikter(m): 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
mazifrankmore:
Yeye DSS!

Show us the money which you said you recovered.

That was the way you dished out lies about IPOB about dead bodies in Abia state,till today no evidence has been shown to us.

You saw millions of dollar then counteed and left?
is it that some of you are deliberately ignorant or you have sworn that you will read and not comprehend ni? where in the release did you read that DSS counted the money and left? they said CREDIBLE INTELLIGENCE showed the money was there. it does not mean DSS went to count the money. they may even get the info through the man's wife without her knowing jack about it. that is the way secret services all over the world work. even if you want to antagonize, you can be intelligent about it, at least on a public forum like this.

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2016
How it happens in countries NOT named Nigeria:

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by ocelot2006(m): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2016
ucheokpara100:
Buhari is a saviour to Nigerian.

Yet the nation goes hungry under his watch as its economy nose dives
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by fortunechy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2016
is obvious dt we ar in military era
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by shellman: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2016
id911:

Yes, love it! Just pray a member of your family is not treated with impunity and disregard to laid down rules
Laid Down Rules? when some disregard Laid Down Rules- Fair Is Foul As Foul Is Fair!

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by amagunnerfan: 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2016
alexlee50:
u no dey think? How did they know 2m dollars was in the house?
Maybe because DSS were actually in the house and money in bales are actually easy to count? $100 notes in bale is $10,000 in each bale. Which makes it 200 bales in total. 200 bales, which amounts to $2,000,000 should take 10 minutes to count. Or should it? And they know it is in the house because they were there and saw it. Or has Wike or anyone denied the fact that DSS was in the house of the judges?

Who brought the 2million dollars to the house? Why didn't they arrest the bribe giver at the time he was giving the bribe or when he was leaving the judges house?
Maybe because DSS was merely searching for judges house to find something discriminating and wasn't expecting to even find so much cash in their houses? Thought of this? Off course you won't, hate won't allow you.

How did they know they have moved the 2 million dollars from the house? Did any dsss opeeative count the bribe money with the giver and the bribe collector? This story na wash.we are gradually descending into a tyrannical government
Sorry to say but this part gives you out as dumb. Sorry, no offence intended. You mean they saw money in someone's house, wike and his boys came then argument commenced and by the time they finish the money disappeared and you don't see what happened? This is dumb t to honest.

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Yusuf7777: 12:49am On Oct 09, 2016
If an army cheif can save from his salary to buy properties in Dubai why not Justices of the supreme court. Buhari is such a shameless old man with no consideration for this country and this vendetta is all about appointment of the next CJN. Buhari has a regional agenda and some of these Justices also have their own agenda in mind, and the only way for a dollop head ruler is to deal with them the way he did.

The supreme court is the highest epitome of justice if the justices of supreme court are corrupt we better live with it than fall into dictatorship by corrupt politicians that fake an image of integrity

3 Likes

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:20am On Oct 09, 2016
mapet:
[color=#000099][b]I had been crying already as the country was led into the cesspit of corruption in all sector. I cry much more when a young man of my generation will support corruption to satisfy vendetta of failed election [/b]r]

https://www.nairaland.com/3396192/nba-declares-state-emergency-demands
Ok nah
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by themanderon: 8:35am On Oct 09, 2016
Slowly but steadily the nation slides into dictatorship, as it was in the days of Hitler ............

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by PaulIdu: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2016
NextGovernor:
This is rubbish... APC and DSS so useless. They cooked up this story to cover their tyrant and arm robber style of invasion that was condemn by Nigerians this morning. This is the kind of news zombies like to hear.....

Just too good to be true. A big fat lie.

No sensible Nigerian condemned it ..Our judges pound for pound are even more corrupt than the politicians and the funny thing is that they all get away
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by gemale(m): 8:48am On Oct 09, 2016
Ds explanation is too paltry. If dey had Intel on dt sort of misconduct, dey shld hv conducted more investigation & covert surveillance 2 consolidate on it instead of trying 2 illegally abduct dem.
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by 989900: 8:51am On Oct 09, 2016
Most Nigerians don't know where their bread is being buttered, supporting corrupt judges with justice for sale.

1 Like

Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by alexlee50: 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Maybe because DSS were actually in the house and money in bales are actually easy to count? $100 notes in bale is $10,000 in each bale. Which makes it 200 bales in total. 200 bales, which amounts to $2,000,000 should take 10 minutes to count. Or should it? And they know it is in the house because they were there and saw it. Or has Wike or anyone denied the fact that DSS was in the house of the judges?

Maybe because DSS was merely searching for judges house to find something discriminating and wasn't expecting to even find so much cash in their houses? Thought of this? Off course you won't, hate won't allow you.

Sorry to say but this part gives you out as dumb. Sorry, no offence intended. You mean they saw money in someone's house, wike and his boys came then argument commenced and by the time they finish the money disappeared and you don't see what happened? This is dumb t to honest.
I have read through the responses you gave, I would usually have ignored you but your respnse has displayed your ignorance of the law.let me start by educating you a little. A search warrant is issued by a magistratejustice of peace in the jurisdiction where the suspect resides.was this done? A search warrant is executed within the hours of 6am and 6pm, they carried out their raid at 1am, should it be so? Is that not an infringement of the law? If it is a sting operation s they claim, why was the giver not arrested at the point he was leaving the house? Why did they not arrest the receiver? Are they saying the bribe giver came yesterday at 1am? Who gave them the information? Why has the giver not been mentioned till now? In the case of judges there ist the NJC that investigates all cases of misconduct, infact 2 judges were compulsorily retired, one was referred to the police for further investigation just last week.why is this case different? Why were these judges not reported to the NJC? One more thing is the SSS statutorily empowered to investigste cases of corruption? What happened to ICPC and EFCC? What happened to the rule of law and due process? Next time argue with facts not come here and insult your betters
Re: Why We Arrested High Ranking Judges – DSS by erico2k2(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
zikter:
is it that some of you are deliberately ignorant or you have sworn that you will read and not comprehend ni? where in the release did you read that DSS counted the money and left? they said CREDIBLE INTELLIGENCE showed the money was there. it does not mean DSS went to count the money. they may even get the info through the man's wife without her knowing jack about it. that is the way secret services all over the world work. even if you want to antagonize, you can be intelligent about it, at least on a public forum like this.
where went that intelligence in chibok? or are we not talking of same organization here?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

IPMAN Confirms Another Fuel Pump Price Hike / COVID-19 Donation: MURIC Tells Christian Rights Agenda (CRA) "Mind Your Busines" / Soldiers Invade Nnamdi Kanu’s Community, Afaraukwu Ibeku, Umuahia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.