Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,879 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:00 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796254 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 1:33am On Mar 26
Waldrum’s list
Thin in the defense ?
Too many forwards invited than needed?
Of the 6 defenders invited
Some are midfielders or forwards in their respective clubs
Never watched the Robo queens & Sendai ladies representatives play
Maybe the coach is planning to use 3-4-3
Regulars like Demehin probably injured
Good luck Falcons
Hopefully we win at least 2 or 3 nil at home to stand a chance because South Africans will definitely try funny stunts on their turf. I mean referee & their fans will probably make the game hell away from home
Hope Falcons get support and our stadium gets filled to a decent amount
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 2:10am On Mar 26
Deltamani:
Chidinma Okeke 23yrs (Fullback/Center Back)

A good time to be Back in the SuperFalcons, She very quick, Strength/Physicality, Aerial Presence and a very good balance defensively and Attacking wise..!

I’m very much aware of how the Knee injury at Madrid CFF affected her game.! Having Played in Israel and currently in Japan since her return from the injury it looks like she’s has gotten back to her top form!.

She will slot in perfectly in a 3-woman defense alongside Ohale and Demehin.
But for the SA matches, she will definitely partner Ohale in central defense
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:51am On Mar 26
ekehopp2:

Rofiat Imuran I can excuse, but is Blessing Demehin injured?

Blessing Demehin is Injured, she hasn’t played any game since the last one against Cameroon, not even training..! Speedy Recovery to Her❤️‍🩹

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 8:52am On Mar 26
⚽ 8goals in 11games for CHINWE IHEZUO this Season..!🤩💜

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:03am On Mar 26
If Randy Waldrum and the Goalkeeping Coach didn’t see how talented and potential she has, She wouldn’t be given another chance Consecutively… The girl is good, with an intimidating physique and a good height as she’s a little bit taller than Nnadozie..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:50am On Mar 26
Based on the videos of her playing in Japan, not particularly impressed with her speed (which has been a concern in the past).
She seems a tad heavier and slower now. Demehin is a huge loss for Nigeria, but what do you do? I lieu of Demehin, I would prefer a back 4 of Alozie - Ohale - Plumptre - N.Payne for the games against SA.

They have pacy wingers and we need FBs that can match them stride for stride. S.A.'s strength is in their wing play and if you can contain that with pacy FBs, that helps. And we also need quick and sharp CBs to handle the pace of Kgatlana.

We need a very active midfield, with CMs that are tireless workhorses. Between Ucheibe, Abiodun, Halimatu, T. Payne and Echegini, hopefully we can overwhelm them.

I fancy Nigeria's chances IF we are smart about the way we play them. Randy has been burnt and embarrassed twice by Desire Ellis, so this is very personal for him.

PDPGuy:

She will slot in perfectly in a 3-woman defense alongside Ohale and Demehin.
But for the SA matches, she will definitely partner Ohale in central defense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:34pm On Mar 26
AkinDS:
Based on the videos of her playing in Japan, not particularly impressed with her speed (which has been a concern in the past).
She seems a tad heavier and slower now. Demehin is a huge loss for Nigeria, but what do you do? I lieu of Demehin, I would prefer a back 4 of Alozie - Ohale - Plumptre - N.Payne for the games against SA.

They have pacy wingers and we need FBs that can match them stride for stride. S.A.'s strength is in their wing play and if you can contain that with pacy FBs, that helps. And we also need quick and sharp CBs to handle the pace of Kgatlana.

We need a very active midfield, with CMs that are tireless workhorses. Between Ucheibe, Abiodun, Halimatu, T. Payne and Echegini, hopefully we can overwhelm them.

I fancy Nigeria's chances IF we are smart about the way we play them. Randy has been burnt and embarrassed twice by Desire Ellis, so this is very personal for him.

Coach Randy just need to really redeem himself against Desire Ellis, I hope that Ellis wining Jinx will be broken by him this time..

I really do fancy Nicole Payne starting at Left Back as her Speed and Strength ( Athleticism) is her major asset, she can shut Thembi and Co down..

Don’t know how Fit Alozie is right now considering the Knee Injury Houston Dash said she’s Carrying!

Alozie — Ohale — Plumptre — N Payne in Defense..!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:39pm On Mar 26
AkinDS:

In Midfield I will leave Randy to decide on who starts in the double pivot Midfield position between Halimatu Ayinde, Christy Ucheibe and Deborah Abiodun..
With Tony Payne and Onyi Echegini battling it out on who starts in the AM position.!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:40pm On Mar 26
Deltamani:

Coach Randy just need to really redeem himself against Desire Ellis, I hope that Ellis wining Jinx will be broken by him this time..

I really do fancy Nicole Payne starting at Left Back as her Speed and Strength ( Athleticism) is her major asset, she can shut Thembi and Co down..

Don’t know how Fit Alozie is right now considering the Knee Injury Houston Dash said she’s Carrying!

Alozie — Ohale — Plumptre — N Payne in Defense..!

I think Nicole's preferred role is at RB. The last time she played as LB she was horrible and struggled throughout the game. Not sure how this will work quite frankly.

I'll rather have a back 4 or Alozie —Ohale— Uchiebe — Plumptre

Nicole can come in for Alozie much later.

Abiodun and Ayinde can take care of the middle with Ajibade assisting.

Like AkinDS rightly mentioned, the strength of South Africa is in their wings. No point experimenting with untested wingbacks. It won't even be fair to these players throwing them into a consequential situation like that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:42pm On Mar 26
AkinDS:

Picking the trio upfront that day, Maybe Ajibade, Oshoala and Kanu to start… With Babajide, Esther Okoronkwo and Monday Gift coming in to Change things up..

Onyi Echegini and Esther Okoronkwo have a great Chemistry and i would love them to go hand in hand.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:00pm On Mar 26
𝕁𝕌𝕊𝕋 𝕀ℕ

Banyana Banyana coach Desiree Ellis has confirmed that Banyana goal keeper Andile Dlamini has withdrawn from the squad ahead of the final Olympic Qualifier against Nigeria due to medical reasons.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:15pm On Mar 26
Wouldn't start with Kanu - she is better coming in as a sub.

I would start with Babajide (on the left) - Okoronkwo - Ajibade (on the right)

Esther is very physical and she can soften up the SA CB's for Oshoala to reek havoc coming in as a sub.

We need to be extremely efficient and take our chances early. Okoronkwo has been able to do that successfully over several SF matches now.
Deltamani:

Picking the trio upfront that day, Maybe Ajibade, Oshoala and Kanu to start… With Babajide, Esther Okoronkwo and Monday Gift coming in to Change things up..

Onyi Echegini and Esther Okoronkwo have a great Chemistry and i would love them to go hand in hand.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:55pm On Mar 26
Deltamani:
𝕁𝕌𝕊𝕋 𝕀ℕ

Banyana Banyana coach Desiree Ellis has confirmed that Banyana goal keeper Andile Dlamini has withdrawn from the squad ahead of the final Olympic Qualifier against Nigeria due to medical reasons.
Chai. Then both Rinsola and Joe gats start. We need legs that love shooting at goal cos na SWART go dey post 😂

Unless, this one na ploy.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:03pm On Mar 26
AkinDS:

Esther is very physical and she can soften up the SA CB's for Oshoala to reek havoc coming in as a sub.

We need to be extremely efficient and take our chances early. Okoronkwo has been able to do that successfully over several SF matches now.

With this… Echegini will have to start over Toni Payne as she’s good at getting into the Box! Her chemistry with Esther is top notch.. Babajide will have to do more of the Playmaking job from the flank!

But again it’s time for Randy to start utilizing Rinsola Babajide Pace and excellent pullouts from the Flank!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:13pm On Mar 26
AkinDS:

My issue with this combination is that they will be playing together for the first time. A little scary if you ask me.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:14pm On Mar 26
lovewins:

My issue with this combination is that they will be playing together for the first time. A little scary if you ask me.

Ajibade and Esther have played together on several occasions since 2021… The only newbie there is Babajide!.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:20pm On Mar 26
daveP:
Chai. Then both Rinsola and Joe gats start. We need legs that love shooting at goal cos na SWART go dey post

Unless, this one na ploy.
Can never be Swart. Ellis won't be that dumb. And if na Swart, na to shoot from distance o. The girl no fit jump grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:22pm On Mar 26
Deltamani:

Ajibade and Esther have played together on several occasions since 2021… The only newbie there is Babajide!.

You just said exactly what I said. The trio will be playing together for the first time.

Worthy of note also is the fact that Ajibade and Esther haven't played sufficiently enough to be rest assured. Esther is for the most part a bench player in the team, you can count in your fingers how many times she's featured for the eagles.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 2:22pm On Mar 26
Nnadozie
Nicole
Tony
Ohale
Ashleigh
Ucheibe
Ayinde
Onyi
Esther
Rinsola
Ajibade

O pari
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:32pm On Mar 26
mostob:
Can never be Swart. Ellis won't be that dumb. And if na Swart, na to shoot from distance o. The girl no fit jump grin grin

Swart has been Ellis First Choice goalkeeper since 2023 World Cup in Australia/New Zealand..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:33pm On Mar 26
mostob:
She's 2nd choice na. Abi they don get new 2nd choice? Abi na me never update SA Apk? 😂 Okoronkwo will have a field day to twerk after scoring 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 2:35pm On Mar 26
mostob:
Nnadozie

Nicole

Tony

Ohale

Ashleigh

Ucheibe

Ayinde

Onyi

Esther

Rinsola

Ajibade

O pari
Maybe na me. But lineups without a 9 for Falcons dey do me somehow.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:35pm On Mar 26
lovewins:

You just said exactly what I said. The trio will be playing together for the first time.

Worthy of note also is the fact that Ajibade and Esther haven't played sufficiently enough to be rest assured. Esther is for the most part a bench player in the team, you can count in your fingers how many times she's featured for the eagles.

Esther and Ajibade have played good numbers of games together, in Summer Series, Revelation Cup in Mexico and Friendly in Turkey Prior to the World Cup, then add up the few WAFCON & Olympic qualification games … Only Rinsola Babajide that’s out of this equation.. By the way weda from the Bench or Start Esther Okoronkwo have been our most reliable goal scorer since Summer Series and last year she was the SuperFalcons top Scorer with 5goals…
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:41pm On Mar 26
Ko Pari O!

Will take out Halimatu and bring in Abiodun.
More energy, best ball winner in our MF and better link up play with Echegini and was massive in her last 4 starts.
No way would I bench her for Halimatu at this point in time.
mostob:
Nnadozie

Nicole

Tony

Ohale

Ashleigh

Ucheibe

Ayinde

Onyi

Esther

Rinsola

Ajibade

O pari
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:02pm On Mar 26
AkinDS:
Ko Pari O!

Will take out Halimatu and bring in Abiodun.
More energy, best ball winner in our MF and better link up play with Echegini and was massive in her last 4 starts.
No way would I bench her for Halimatu at this point in time.
You're actually describing Ucheibe here. When it comes to energy and ball-winning, who do you think does it better between Ucheibe and Abiodun? When you have 3 good midfielders fighting for 2 spots, you consider their individual qualities and how to arrive at the best compatibility. Dropping Abiodun doesn't mean she is not good enough after all there are enough minutes to go round. Ayinde gets the nod here for me.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26
Deltamani:

Swart has been Ellis First Choice goalkeeper since 2023 World Cup in Australia/New Zealand..
Really? That is strange. She didn't play any match in the last AWCON so I thought Dlamini is now the first choice.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26
daveP:
She's 2nd choice na. Abi they don get new 2nd choice? Abi na me never update SA Apk? Okoronkwo will have a field day to twerk after scoring
Bro...I watched that penalty shootout recently and I was laughing. The person beside me even asked why she was not diving. Na to just start firing R2s o. Put of ten, e sure me say five go enter.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:06pm On Mar 26
daveP:
Maybe na me. But lineups without a 9 for Falcons dey do me somehow.
Esther is a 9 na. Moreso, I kinda prefer a fluid front three. Desire, Ordega and Oshoala used to do this back then.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:16pm On Mar 26
mostob:
Bro...I watched that penalty shootout recently and I was laughing. The person beside me even asked why she was not diving. Na to just start firing R2s o. Put of ten, e sure me say five go enter.

Na God and Oluehi save Onome that day. Aunty go misfire pk. 🤣🤣

We better play to get pk during the 90mins too. A 343 would make sense or 352. Unless Coach wants to play Okeke in Alozie spot. But Ashleigh as wb or lb is best.

Till then, Swart go hearam.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:20pm On Mar 26
mostob:
Esther is a 9 na. Moreso, I kinda prefer a fluid front three. Desire, Ordega and Oshoala used to do this back then.
Since that time, it's super hard to replicate this front 3. A front 3 that all 3 brought adequate threat individually. Not to talk of team effort too. I just feel Ordega wing is still empty sort of. It's never the same since she stopped being a regular.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by joxxy01(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26
Swart wey don slim up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:43pm On Mar 26
daveP:
Since that time, it's super hard to replicate this front 3. A front 3 that all 3 brought adequate threat individually. Not to talk of team effort too. I just feel Ordega wing is still empty sort of. It's never the same since she stopped being a regular.

Omorrr… it seems you really noticed everything, it was more like Stella Mbachu passing the Baton to Fransisca Ordega then Franny dropping it like that without passing it to anyone…The 3 O’s back then from 2014 till after 2019 wha them scatter, our frontline not really remain the same again.. Desire Oparanozie was that typical no.9 doing all her job well, even though she wasn’t that quick she did the rest well..

Ordega and Oshoala workload then was so good, combining their Attacking duties with a lot of defensive duties too because they were just too quick so they travel to and fro on the flank and where also interchanging positions regularly..

(1) (2) (3) ... (1026) (1027) (1028) (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: oweniwe(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.