Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,968 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (808349 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:51am On Mar 30
Desiree Ellis says she’s happy to have her most experienced players back in the team Jane,Gamede,Mbane and Holweni.

She believes they will help Banyana when they play away [ in front of a hostile crowd] in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 7:56am On Mar 30
yinkeys:

They’ve got local teams that won caf champions league too. Male & Female
Our girls better come correct in the home game
I believe we will qualify though
Our squad is better than the last one that played them I believe
No Abiodun, Echegini, Okoronkwo back then
I hope Abuja stadium gets 30k spectators

Which 30k spectators?? Na Merlin Magic you wan use!!

Ucheibe, Abiodun, Echegini, Okoronkwo, Babajide didn’t play a part the last time we played the SA Ladies.. I think our midfield is a lot better now considering the likes of Sloppy Rita Chikwelu leading the midfield then and the poor combination of Randy in midfield.

Oluehi

Plumptre
Ebi
Ohale
Alozie

Chikwelu
Ayinde
Ajibade

Payne
Onumonu
Oshoala

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:29am On Mar 30
Deltamani:

Which 30k spectators?? Na Merlin Magic you wan use!!

Ucheibe, Abiodun, Echegini, Okoronkwo, Babajide didn’t play a part the last time we played the SA Ladies.. I think our midfield is a lot better now considering the likes of Sloppy Rita Chikwelu leading the midfield then and the poor combination of Randy in midfield.

Nnadozie

Plumptre
Ebi
Ohale
Alozie

Chikwelu
Ayinde
Ajibade

Payne
Onumonu
Oshoala

Now that one looks at the lineup, based on what we have now, that was a weak lineup. Midfield especially. Our RW gave them problems. But Toni payne and Ajibade swap for make sense.

I dunno o. But I don't see Onumonu playing anytime soon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 9:50am On Mar 30
daveP:

Now that one looks at the lineup, based on what we have now, that was a weak lineup. Midfield especially. Our RW gave them problems. But Toni payne and Ajibade swap for make sense.

I dunno o. But I don't see Onumonu playing anytime soon.

Onumonu right now have lost her spot and she’s currently 3rd on the log going by the No.9 position.

Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo
Ifeoma Onumonu..

Payne haven’t been explosive for us on the Flank, Randy should keep her in AM let her battle with Echegini for who to start, No need trying to create space for her on the flank when she’s already doing well in Midfield and average at best playing on the Wing for the SuperFalcons… T Payne and Onyi Echegini battling for one spot in Midfield is certainly going to be a tough one as anyone of them can do the magic. It’s left for Randy to start whosoever that delivers!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:24am On Mar 30
lovewins:

Your babe say she wan settle down na even though she's not leaving football. Lol.

You never tell us when wedding be o

No worries sir,
Na you and Deltamani go be fathers of the day 😁😁

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:24am On Mar 30
*Paris 2024 Qualifiers: Desiree Ellis unveils final 24-player roster for Super Falcons*

I have watched Nicole Michael play and also short clips of her games.. I was impressed with her pace and techniques. Her exclusion surprised me and even quite the number of SA fans.. Maybe injury Case!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:25am On Mar 30
yinkeys:
they better make the game 5pm or 4:30 pm Else Hot sun lol
Na 5pm dey Dia nau
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:28am On Mar 30
Are our ladies in Camp sef
CC: Lovewins and DELTAMANI
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:33am On Mar 30
do4luv14:

How do you expect them to be in Camp now when 99% of them have league games to play for their clubs today 30th and Sunday 31st…

Considering travel plans and distance, Expect Camp to open 1st while they turn up latest in the evening of 2nd of April…

Training should be 2nd, 3rd and 4th..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:34am On Mar 30
do4luv14:

I don't think so.

Many of them have games today and tomorrow. I believe they'll begin to arrive from Monday. I hope they all arrive camp latest Monday and we don't have delayed arrivals.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:35am On Mar 30
Deltamani:

How do you expect them to be in Camp now when 99% of them have league games to play for their clubs today 30th and Sunday 31st…

Considering travel plans and distance, Expect Camp to open 1st while they turn up latest in the evening of 2nd of April…

Training should be 2nd, 3rd and 4th..

Hmm, and the southies had been in camp
hmm
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:35am On Mar 30
lovewins:

I don't think so.

Many of them have games today and tomorrow. I believe they'll begin to arrive from Monday. I hope they all arrive camp latest Monday and we don't have delayed arrivals.

That and sudden injuried5are my fears
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 10:43am On Mar 30
do4luv14:

Hmm, and the southies had been in camp
hmm

Not all of them. Only those in South Africa will be in Camp. Uchenna Kanu has a South African Team kate. Kgatlana have a game on the 1st of April in Mexico. Jermaine also plays in Mexico.

Yes they have th advantage seeing that most of their players play at home, but their most important players play abroad.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by yinkeys(m): 11:49am On Mar 30
do4luv14:

Na 5pm dey Dia nau
Nice
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 12:53pm On Mar 30
Mama Onome Ebi @40+ still da ball for Israel🇮🇱 Women’s Football League oo

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 1:25pm On Mar 30
Deltamani:

Onumonu right now have lost her spot and she’s currently 3rd on the log going by the No.9 position.

Asisat Oshoala
Esther Okoronkwo
Ifeoma Onumonu..

Payne haven’t been explosive for us on the Flank, Randy should keep her in AM let her battle with Echegini for who to start, No need trying to create space for her on the flank when she’s already doing well in Midfield and average at best playing on the Wing for the SuperFalcons… T Payne and Onyi Echegini battling for one spot in Midfield is certainly going to be a tough one as anyone of them can do the magic. It’s left for Randy to start whosoever that delivers!

They should just bin experimenting Toni abeg. Allow her enjoy her centre game. Rather they should give Alozie that wing instead and slot Nicole or Okeke behind her. At least till we find Ordega successor.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:39pm On Mar 30
Is Desire Ellis' statements cause for concern for Nigeria? Are you confident in the Super Falcons Olympic chances?

Coach of the South African Female Football Team, Desiree Ellis, has revealed she expects the Banyana Banyana to take charge of the game against Nigeria with a good result in Abuja. The Super Falcons will host Banyana Banyana in the first leg at the Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja on Friday, April 5. The reverse fixture will be held at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria on Tuesday, April 9.

The winners of the tie will secure a spot at the Paris 2024 Olympics. Ellis says she is expecting a hostile environment in Abuja and will have her team prepared for it.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:51pm On Mar 30
Toni Payne scores
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 1:51pm On Mar 30
The woman does like to talk a lot, after all, they are ‘African Champions’.
However, I do like the quiet confidence emanating from Randy Waldrum.
Like I have previously stated, Nigeria has a much better and balanced team now, in comparison to the past.
I am optimistic that we would carry the day across both legs.
Deltamani:
Is Desire Ellis' statements cause for concern for Nigeria? Are you confident in the Super Falcons Olympic chances?

Coach of the South African Female Football Team, Desiree Ellis, has revealed she expects the Banyana Banyana to take charge of the game against Nigeria with a good result in Abuja. The Super Falcons will host Banyana Banyana in the first leg at the Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja on Friday, April 5. The reverse fixture will be held at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium in Pretoria on Tuesday, April 9.

The winners of the tie will secure a spot at the Paris 2024 Olympics. Ellis says she is expecting a hostile environment in Abuja and will have her team prepared for it.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:16pm On Mar 30
JOE with a beautiful goal for Juventus. She's scored 6 goals in 8 games
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30
Put Abiodun on Linda and leave Ohale with Jermaine/Thembi. Let Ayinde dictate from deep in possession but Deborah must be ready to power shots at Swart. Joe and Ajibade and Rinsola should be ready to stretch that defence so Okoronkwo can do what she loves.

If possible, Ucheibe comes in 2nd half and rough tackles them hard while watching out for rebounds. Major play should be one that reduces the need to run too much. Leave the running for Abuja atmosphere.

I too respect Linda. What she did in that wafcon game shows she's the engineer. Hamper her and watch as half their firepower folds up. It will now be left to us to be sensitive and not waste chances.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:19pm On Mar 30
daveP:
Put Abiodun on Linda and leave Ohale with Jermaine/Thembi. Let Ayinde dictate from deep in possession but Deborah must be ready to power shots at Swart. Joe and Ajibade and Rinsola should be ready to stretch that defence so Okoronkwo can do what she loves.

If possible, Ucheibe comes in 2nd half and rough tackles them hard while watching out for rebounds. Major play should be one that reduces the need to run too much. Leave the running for Abuja atmosphere.

I too respect Linda. What she did in that wafcon game shows she's the engineer. Hamper her and watch as half their firepower folds up. It will now be left to us to be sensitive and not waste chances.

Any duo of Ucheibe, Ayinde and Abiodun can start and disrupt the SA midfield flow, Echegini can start ahead of Payne too behind the strikers as she’s the most capable to strike at goal from any distance/angle..

Bring in Babajide in 2nd half to cause troubles with her crosses..

Linda is good but can’t play well in aggressive and high temple games, that’s where our double pivots comes in.. If she receives a body check from Ucheibe or Abiodun body go tell her but again she makes up for it with her Skills and excellent passes just like Okobi.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:26pm On Mar 30
Echeginiiiiiiii is on fire 🔥🔥

66” Juventus W (4) - (0) Fiorentina W

⚽️ 11' Julia Grosso
⚽️⚽️⚽️13' 55’ 62’ Onyi Echegini

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:29pm On Mar 30
This Echegini won’t stay long at Juve.., Big Clubs will come hunting for her signature with massive offers soon. Thank Goodness she can play in multiple positions.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30
Deltamani:

Any duo of Ucheibe, Ayinde and Abiodun can start and disrupt the SA midfield flow, Echegini can start ahead of Payne too behind the strikers as she’s the most capable to strike at goal from any distance/angle..

Bring in Babajide in 2nd half to cause troubles with her crosses..

Linda is good but can’t play well in aggressive and high temple games, that’s where our double pivots comes in.. If she receives a body check from Ucheibe or Abiodun body go tell her but again she makes up for it with her Skills and excellent passes just like Okobi.

Rinsola is so hot now and i expect she starts one of the two legs. I prefer the Away for her. I dunno if Onyi will start away sha. Randy like Payne. Let's see anyway.

Regardless of the outcome, NOTHING will piss me off that these ladies not shooting at least 7 shots at SA goal if na Swart dey post.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:42pm On Mar 30
daveP:

Rinsola is so hot now and i expect she starts one of the two legs. I prefer the Away for her. I dunno if Onyi will start away sha. Randy like Payne. Let's see anyway.

Regardless of the outcome, NOTHING will piss me off that these ladies not shooting at least 7 shots at SA goal if na Swart dey post.

Rinsola is on fire 🔥 yes… But is the Chemistry there right now??

Can’t compare with that of Onyi Echegini who have been in the team longer than Babajide now..

T Payne is good but Randy need to keep his affinity for any player aside first and play who’s more fit and suitable for the game..!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:45pm On Mar 30
Galatasaray (2) - (1)Hakkarigucu ..

Chinaza Uchendu vs Mary Ologbosere

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 4:48pm On Mar 30
RASH Ajibade scores
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:49pm On Mar 30
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 4:51pm On Mar 30
Rasheedat Ajibade Scores…..⚽️

All of them better carry their Scoring boots follow body come ooo

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dankorode(m): 5:08pm On Mar 30
The lowest we're going to get from south Africa is 4 point
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:37pm On Mar 30
AS Saint Etienne FC and SuperFalcons Defensive Midfielder Amanda Mbadi

(1) (2) (3) ... (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.