Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1061) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (813045 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:37pm On Apr 11
TheSuperNerd:
That ball was definitely goal-bound and in without Ayila's touch. Her crave for personal glory denied us a title.

Please why una dey resurrect that moment from 2014?? Abeg abeg.

No vex grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 11:54pm On Apr 11
Deltamani:

I no fit forget that thing wha she do for the finals.. She’s already pursuing a Career in Coaching the last time i saw something relating to her! Indeed she was one of the top performer at the 2014 U20 World Cup!

Many of that set don Either Quit Football or Married..

1. Sandra Chichi— GK (Married)
2. Sarah Nnodim— CB (Married & Own an Academy/Club in Jos)
3. Ugo Njoku— RB
4. Osarenoma Igbinovia— CDM (2kids already Girls)
5. Loveth Ayila— W (Coaching)
6. Courtney Dike— F (US Born)
7. Patience Okaeme— F (Now Stays in Sweden)
8. Gladys Abasi— CB
9. Victoria Aidelomon—CB (2kids already Boy&Girl)

Of this list, 4,6, and 7, e still pains me they don't stay much especially no:4,

I understand Dike own, but Igbinovia, kaiii,
BTW it is well sha
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JettPatterson: 7:11am On Apr 12
Good team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 8:03am On Apr 12
How Michelle Alozie got involved with the Nigerian National Team.

https://twitter.com/PoojaMedia/status/1778501965858635865?t=lwi0CWEpIkwehMt2xbVMCg&s=09

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 8:16am On Apr 12
Things have gotten really nasty in South Africa.

1) Some people blame the coach for fielding Kaylin Swart instead of Andile Dlamini. They say that Desiree Ellis is racist and is promoting coloured players over black players. Banyana Banyana legend, Portia Modise, appeared on a radio show and condemned Desiree Ellis and accused her of deliberately sidelining Dlamini.

2) Some others say that it's the FA that is against Dlamini, not the coach. They say that Dlamini was one of the leaders of the protest that was staged before the World Cup and that the FA has frozen her out of the team since then.

3) Some South Africans are still blaming Ellis for moving the match to Pretoria. They said that it wasn't like a home game for South Africa because there were too many Nigerians in the stadium (these people are sharing that video of Nigerian fans singing the National Anthem in the stadium after the match).

4) Some say that Desiree Ellis has no new ideas and that she was just relying on one player (Kgatlana) and she needs to go. They accuse Danny Jordan of shielding her.

I always remember this goal anytime I hear the name Andile Dlamini. In the feed that I saw in 2016, you could see her smiling after the ball went in because there was nothing she could do to stop Desire Oparanozie's freekick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtML5Y4Ndys?si=kolhpL8ol_EBROuY

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:12am On Apr 12

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:32am On Apr 12
naptu2:
How Michelle Alozie got involved with the Nigerian National Team.

https://twitter.com/PoojaMedia/status/1778501965858635865?t=lwi0CWEpIkwehMt2xbVMCg&s=09

I thought this was public knowledge. Not just her, was how Payne and Esther Okoronkwo got into the team too.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:33am On Apr 12
naptu2:

...I think Ashley should be taking our free kicks if it is close to the box 18,has she is the one I know that has a canon like this in that her left foot.
Deltamani, Basco...what do you think about Ashley, rocketing 🚀 such ball towards the opposing keeper. As regards Bayana Bayana,...well..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...They won one WAFCON and do not know how to act again...just be blabbing up and down..
😁😁😁😁
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:37am On Apr 12
naptu2:

1) Some people blame the coach for fielding Kaylin Swart instead of Andile Dlamini. They say that Desiree Ellis is racist and is promoting coloured players over black players. Banyana Banyana legend, Portia Modise, appeared on a radio show and condemned Desiree Ellis and accused her of deliberately sidelining Dlamini.

2) Some others say that it's the FA that is against Dlamini, not the coach. They say that Dlamini was one of the leaders of the protest that was staged before the World Cup and that the FA has frozen her out of the team since then.

3) Some South Africans are still blaming Ellis for moving the match to Pretoria. They said that it wasn't like a home game for South Africa because there were too many Nigerians in the stadium (these people are sharing that video of Nigerian fans singing the National Anthem in the stadium after the match).

4) Some say that Desiree Ellis has no new ideas and that she was just relying on one player (Kgatlana) and she needs to go. They accuse Danny Jordan of shielding her.

I always remember this goal anytime I hear the name Andile Dlamini. In the feed that I saw in 2016, you could see her smiling after the ball went in because there was nothing she could do to stop Desire Oparanozie's freekick.

A lot of nonsense this people are spewing. It's okay for them to think they want a coach with fresh ideas, none of the points highlighted save the stadium makes sense.

1. South Africa conceded just one goal and it was a penalty. There was nothing Dlamini would have done differently. Their problem was in the attack. It was just an easy shot at Swart who for whatever reason many South Africans don't like.

2. Not sure match location is within the purview of the coach. Those decisions are FA decisions so they should face Jordan.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 9:38am On Apr 12
carbonado:
...I think Ashley should be taking our free kicks if it is close to the box 18,has she is the one I know that has a canon like this in that her left foot.
Deltamani, Basco...what do you think about Ashley, rocketing 🚀 such ball towards the opposing keeper.

She's taken one or 2. Thing is those occasions rarely present themselves.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:42am On Apr 12
lovewins:

I thought this was public knowledge. Not just her, was how Payne and Esther Okoronkwo got into the team too.
..Yeap, even Zogg, Jennifer. At the time we played those friendlies, Waldrum will look for good talents that can easily travel(dual citizenship), without visa restrictions..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 9:46am On Apr 12
lovewins:

She's taken one or 2. Thing is those occasions rarely present themselves.
..I get,I just have a feeling that if such arise, Rashidat or Toni might be over the ball looking for a connecting header,let's try some "Roberto Carlos" for a minute...That Ashley's cracker against England that hitted the post lives rent free in my head.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 9:54am On Apr 12
carbonado:
Deltamani, Basco...what do you think about Ashley, rocketing 🚀 such ball towards the opposing keeper. As regards Bayana Bayana,...well..🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...They won one WAFCON and do not know how to act again...just be blabbing up and down..
😁😁😁😁

Yeah her and Christy or Alozie. The ish now is that we've barely won enough freekicks in 25yrds region like before. Onumonu won a few at wafcon sha. I believe if the attack is worked on, defenders will commit more to our advantage. For now....

But Desire was such an amazon mehn. Our attack that year...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:05am On Apr 12
lovewins:

Toni Payne is not among, She would have started playing for the team going to the 2019 World Cup in France but her Clearance wasn’t ready then..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:07am On Apr 12
carbonado:
..Yeap, even Zogg, Jennifer. At the time we played those friendlies, Waldrum will look for good talents that can easily travel(dual citizenship), without visa restrictions..

Schemerkhiz brought in Onyi Zogg and Roosa Ariyo during the Summer Series in the US, he was the one behind their invite to the SuperFalcons.!

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 10:11am On Apr 12
daveP:

Yeah her and Christy or Alozie. The ish now is that we've barely won enough freekicks in 25yrds region like before. Onumonu won a few at wafcon sha. I believe if the attack is worked on, defenders will commit more to our advantage. For now....

But Desire was such an amazon mehn. Our attack that year...

Replacing Desire Oparanozie will be one task that Randy won’t be able to accomplish anytime soon.. That typical type of well built No.9 Nigeria is always Known for.. Mercy Akide, Sarah Michael, Desire Oparanozie, Uchechi Sunday etc.. Like even if they don’t Score in that game they do a lot of Work with or Without the ball, we had good number of advantages having them upfront, not what we’re seeing now.. We still don’t have a number since Desire Oparanozie started blowing Off and now retired.!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:15am On Apr 12
Deltamani:

Replacing Desire Oparanozie will be one task that Randy won’t be able to accomplish anytime soon.. That typical type of well built No.9 Nigeria is always Known for.. Mercy Akide, Sarah Michael, Desire Oparanozie, Uchechi Sunday etc.. Like even if they don’t Score in that game they do a lot of Work with or Without the ball, we had good number of advantages having them upfront, not what we’re seeing now.. We still don’t have a number since Desire Oparanozie started blowing Off and now retired.!
When she came on, one didn't need bother watching cos goal sure. Whether na bitter rivals or enemies, she go score. If Randy just find replacement ehn. O pari.

Besides, can you help with the G/A of our forwards since covid. I wantu confirm something fes. Gracias.

No RW
No 9
False 9 sef no sure.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 10:25am On Apr 12
Deltamani:

Schemerkhiz brought in Onyi Zogg and Roosa Ariyo during the Summer Series in the US, he was the one behind their invite to the SuperFalcons.!
....o..i see...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 10:27am On Apr 12
Can Christy play in front of Abiodun like in this game? I need to see that again. This match vex me die for that blunder then. This version of Kanu is gone imo.

https://youtu.be/FQVl2Ldfdlg?si=un5XfBakDSCWegPc
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:08am On Apr 12
daveP:
Can Christy play in front of Abiodun like in this game? I need to see that again. This match vex me die for that blunder then. This version of Kanu is gone imo.

https://youtu.be/FQVl2Ldfdlg?si=un5XfBakDSCWegPc

Yeah she can go Box2Box but where do you keep Halimatu Ayinde?? Cause we need a Calmer one among the Combative Youngsters in Midfield..

I think Echegini still need to up her Physical side of the game especially playing against Africa Opponents, but against the Western side she’s very strong!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:10am On Apr 12
daveP:
When she came on, one didn't need bother watching cos goal sure. Whether na bitter rivals or enemies, she go score. If Randy just find replacement ehn. O pari.

Besides, can you help with the G/A of our forwards since covid. I wantu confirm something fes. Gracias.

No RW
No 9
False 9 sef no sure.

Difficult I must say but Will try, even NFF no get the correct Data of our Players number of Caps, Goals and Assists..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 11:42am On Apr 12
Zambia Women’s National Team Midfielder Prisca Chilufya

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:44am On Apr 12
Deltamani:

Must be the reason behind Ihezuo's invitation. Could it be a coincidence that our wingers have been finding it hard to score because there has been nobody to do the odd job upfront?

Aminat Bello has a similar profile but she is young and inexperience.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 11:47am On Apr 12
Deltamani:
O boy! grin grin
Why are they not ruling the continent already? Despite having multiple players like this in their squad.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 11:51am On Apr 12
Deltamani:

Yeah she can go Box2Box but where do you keep Halimatu Ayinde?? Cause we need a Calmer one among the Combative Youngsters in Midfield..

I think Echegini still need to up her Physical side of the game especially playing against Africa Opponents, but against the Western side she’s very strong!
the ideal formation will be a 4123 or 4132 with Ayinde or Deborah behind Christy and two others

Ayinde
Christy-Payne/Joe-Abiodun
Any two forwards

I just want to see her in attacking mode again. Her shoot and going for rebounds are great from outside the box. Joe really needs a step up. Or more easily, pair her there with someone that has strength and pace, Okobi-ish.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:27pm On Apr 12
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, remembering that one moment from the game gives me PTSD. And I always blamed Ayila loveth while refusing to rewatch that moment until tonight. Na wa.

Pinnick was fighting to keep power at the time so he just looked the other way. That was the biggest robbery I've ever seen in a FIFA final. For it to just passover like nothing happened left a really sour taste in my mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 1:13pm On Apr 12
Deltamani:
Interesting 😊
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 1:50pm On Apr 12
Deltamani:
...Omo... Morocco stood no chance..🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:44pm On Apr 12
Curious as to what you expected Pinnick to do?
Again, this was way before VAR
BascoVanVeli:

Pinnick was fighting to keep power at the time so he just looked the other way. That was the biggest robbery I've ever seen in a FIFA final. For it to just passover like nothing happened left a really sour taste in my mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:01pm On Apr 12
carbonado:
...Omo... Morocco stood no chance..🤣🤣🤣🤣

They Couldn’t play their usual Passing Football as the Zambians were full of running and throwing a lot of Physical challenges at them which did worked against them, they tried Competing but some of their players got injured and tired.. even Fatima Tagnaout became useless in the game..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 5:07pm On Apr 12
More like Thembi Kgatlana performance against Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs-BRSFwsik?si=awYo7I2bSi_HApIT
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 5:14pm On Apr 12
Deltamani:
More like Thembi Kgatlana performance against Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs-BRSFwsik?si=awYo7I2bSi_HApIT
this was terrible from Ellis anyway. This didn't feel like home. I think with the respect of winning wafcon, this lone Thembi upfront against best defensive team in Africa that cause trouble in recently concluded WWC, is an insult to Nigeria. Hilarious as well.

Just Thembi. Aspa na u17 flamingoes dey backline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.