Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,199 members, 7,953,739 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:06 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (928837 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (1180) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 3:34pm On Jun 22, 2019
Neimar:
ORDEGA GO COLLECT TODAY

She is a baller.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:41pm On Jun 22, 2019
Fifa's take on our formation today:

The big news out of Nigeria is the loss of superstar forward Asisat Oshoala, who has failed to recover from a late injury picked up against France. The absence of Oshoala, Ebere and Chikwelu has resulted in some big tactical decisions from Thomas Dennerby. The stable backline has been amended to include former captain Evelyn Nwabuoku, who comes into partner Onome Ebi, who is featuring in her 14th Women's World Cup game, an African record.

In the midfield, winger Uchenna Kanu gains her first Women’s World Cup start and forward Chinwendu Ihezuo comes in to partner captain Desire Oparanozie. 4-4-2 is a formation the Super Falcons are familiar with, but it is the first time they will use it in France. Will it prove successful?

Nwabuoku at the back as I expect. Kanu to play midfield? NO way. I think the Ihezuo is the joker today. Today is her day and I wont be surprised if she scores.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by babyfaceafrica: 3:45pm On Jun 22, 2019
please will any local channel show it
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
it is 442 ohale at left back nwabuoku as center back ihezuo partner oparanozie up front
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:52pm On Jun 22, 2019
isan:
it is 442 ohale at left back nwabuoku as center back ihezuo partner oparanozie up front
haha bros. I doubt we will shift Ohale from centre back for anything. We shall see sha. Kick off about 40 mins.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 4:23pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dedetwo:

Not in the dreams. Okobi is used up and Ayinde is a mess.

Actually when we were down to 10 against France, Okobi and Kanu were our better players but prior to that, she and her co midfielder Ayinde were playing trash.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 4:25pm On Jun 22, 2019
Also Canadian commentators are saying Ordega and Oparanzoie's yellow card is still a factor, I thought the yellow followed for only 2 games ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
ykalhaji:
Also Canadian commentators are saying Ordega and Oparanzoie's yellow card is still a factor, I thought the yellow followed for only 2 games ?
It follows them till the quarterfinals. If either of them receives a yellow today, the player misses the quarterfinals
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
The corners for Germany are getting too much o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2019
We are frustrating the living day out of these Germans. They probably expected South Africa type of organisation.

Dennerby has really tried with organisation. See how many set pieces we deal with excellently. Germans running out of idea and diving for free kicks.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:50pm On Jun 22, 2019
semid4lyfe:
The corners for Germany are getting too much o
Oh jinxer!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
Germany scores 1 - 0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2019
The failure of Zonal marking. To me, VAR should have disallowed the goal. Popp was offside before the corner.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
VAR awards the goal
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2019
VAR lets us down, but honestly it was offside that led to the corner.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
VAR will give another pen. Damn
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
Penalty loading...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:54pm On Jun 22, 2019
German player was offside but did not interfere with play.

Goal stands. 1 - 0
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2019
Penalty against Nigeria via VAR
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2019
Just allow the pen abeg. I cant afford another yellow to Nnadozie.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2019
This falcon team is full of junk players.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2019
5 minutes of VAR madness and the reason VAR can never favour Africans. The corner was an offside and that was what VAR called, not interference after the corner.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:17pm On Jun 22, 2019
Take Nwabuoku out and put Ajibade. Lets play a 4-4-2. Nwabuoku is confusing the defence.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:21pm On Jun 22, 2019
It may be time to bring in Oshoala or Ajibade. We have to throw everything into the mix now
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 5:24pm On Jun 22, 2019
I am so sorry, Dennerby has being extremely underwhelming. He might need to be fired. These girls are just playing with no masterplan. Apart from defending set pieces, I don't see anything a coach has done to improve this team. I do not expect Nigeria to score one single goal in this game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 5:29pm On Jun 22, 2019
ykalhaji:
I am so sorry, Dennerby has being extremely underwhelming. He might need to be fired. These girls are just playing with no masterplan. Apart from defending set pieces, I don't see anything a coach has done to improve this team. I do not expect Nigeria to score one single goal in this game.

The coach collected junk players period. This is the worse assembly of players I have ever seen baring the recent male U20 team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:30pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dedetwo:

I really would like to see Okobi as the one of yesteryears. However the Okobi in this tournament is a deplorable wash of herself.

Shey u dey see Okobi so??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:33pm On Jun 22, 2019
junk players yet they equalled a 20 years record ..since their name is not igboamalu ,peace efih, and opeyemi they must be junk to u
Dedetwo:

The coach collected junk players period. This is the worse assembly of players I have ever seen baring the recent male U20 team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 5:35pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dedetwo:

Then he needs to be punished quickly so this shit
doesn't happen at next years Olympics. If we are going to lose, no problem but gaddamit let us watch our midfield play creatively. I am beginning to think all this oyinbo coaches we are getting are destroy ik ng our midfield. All this emphasis on wing backs and shit is killing creative midfield which has always been our strength.

Instead of doing what this oyinbos are doing(which we could never be better than them) we should have been strengthening our own comparative advantage of creative midfield.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Neimar: 5:37pm On Jun 22, 2019
always blaming VAR
wen their team is shitty

well they 're going home to collect BIG DICKS
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:38pm On Jun 22, 2019
Ajibade will make a difference. Ayinde hardworking to stop a 3rd goal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 5:40pm On Jun 22, 2019
SEE Ajibade! I wont forgive Dennerby for not starting her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (1180) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.