Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (799044 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by enomakos(m): 10:44am On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:
Chilean coach left his players on the pitch and stormed off at full time. Poor dude.

Going forward, we need to play big grade A friendlies so we can enter top 15 in the world ranking, where we truly belong. Then we will have more chances of being in groups with Thailand and Chile.
that the way to go but nff have not been doing the right thing
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2019
I miss Courtney Dike cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
I've watched the video did asisat said anything apart from sprinkled water on where?
olapluto:

Thats really toxic and I am ashamed of her as a professional. This is not the moment to pick up a fight.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
ykalhaji:

Guy you can put Usain bolt, if you don't have the right kind of quality to feed them good passes una nothing for them.

You are correct. The problem of falcons has been the players at the midfield and defense line. Due to luck of circumstance, Okeke has been injected into the defense. The coach needs to eject Okobi and Ayinde from the lineup. The midfield needs young and active players.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
she's not a professional anymore
Unlimited22:
I miss Courtney Dike cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
ykalhaji:

I think the beef has been ongoing it doesn't seem like it just started over the water pouring. Those are the things Dennerby must have being managing. Lol.

It could be the penalty as a result of Ebere's play against France that engendered the animosity.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2019
chai ... the penalty moment was the most awful moment I experienced yesterday. When I see penalty, I no get myself again...tears started dropping... then the girl missed the penalty... na so I dey shout like person wey won jackpot. Then came another dreaded 7 mins extra time...Jesus! After Fulltime Come and see the quantity of water I poured for head...

I hope with what we have passed through since days ago, the girls will perform to expectations tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
PDPGuy:

Same attitude with the likes of Victor Moses and Mikel. Whenever they don the GWG, they just stroll around the pitch putting in minimal effort. It’s really sad
moses ..yes but not Mikel pls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:

Thats really toxic and I am ashamed of her as a professional. This is not the moment to pick up a fight.

Bro I think you are taking it too far. Look at it from Oshoala's perspective. Why would Ebere tell her not to get her wet during a celebration? She could have stayed in her room instead of being a kill joy. The next question is why doesn't she want to celebrate? Is it because she is missing the next match or because she has a personal beef with Oshoala?

At the end of the day fighting is normal in all teams so I see nothing extra here. It is just that these are women, if a guy does that no problem.

I also have a problem with the video being leaked. This will only lead to people taking sides and dividing the team
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
isan:
she's not a professional anymore
She's a CPA.
But dang, she was a good player.

And smoking HOT!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
I dont want to dwell more on Asisat vs Ebere because I believe it is nothing, or its best not to blow it open at this time.

Something interesting about the R16 matches is that it is a straight match up between Europe and the rest of the world. 8 Europeans vs 8 non Europeans. This will mean that some confederations will be against European referees for their matches. I mean, Brazil for example will not allow an European ref take its match against France.
Mumu Africa will not mind, because we have a super corrupt CAF that isnt interested in football, but money. About 24 hours to the match and the match officials are yet to be named for Germany vs Nigeria. I will prefer to have an Asian ref.
This is why its not good to favour one continent so much. Europe has had more than enough assistance to go through in this tournament. Now, ideally, no European ref should handle any match due to conflict of interest.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
A review of the refereeing performance for the group stage match for Nigeria vs Norway was interesting. This is from a referee assessment:

NORWAY vs NIGERIA (3-0)
Kate Jacewicz (AUS)
Danny Makkelie (VAR)

(+) 12.19 NGA 9 yellow card for illegal use of arm
(+) 21.10 NGA possible penalty situation for holding. Good play on and good No Intervention
(-) 40.40 NGA possible penalty situation.Referee decision was play on.There was a very clear contact after sliding tackle. It should be penalty and VAR intervention was needed.
(+) 44.17 NGA 17 yellow card for SPA

The only negative in the match was a clear penalty for Nigeria which was missed by both the ref and VAR ref.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:
I dont want to dwell more on Asisat vs Ebere because I believe it is nothing, or its best not to blow it open at this time.

Something interesting about the R16 matches is that it is a straight match up between Europe and the rest of the world. 8 Europeans vs 8 non Europeans. This will mean that some confederations will be against European referees for their matches. I mean, Brazil for example will not allow an European ref take its match against France.
Mumu Africa will not mind, because we have a super corrupt CAF that isnt interested in football, but money. About 24 hours to the match and the match officials are yet to be named for Germany vs Nigeria. I will prefer to have an Asian ref.
This is why its not good to favour one continent so much. Europe has had more than enough assistance to go through in this tournament. Now, ideally, no European ref should handle any match due to conflict of interest.

The Names of officials for NIG vs GER is out, Japanese Refs and and Aussie.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
ykalhaji:

The Names of officials for NIG vs GER is out, Japanese Refs and and Aussie.
Oh good. Thank you!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Neimar: 3:08pm On Jun 21, 2019
all these ones dy rant here
Germany go beat una well
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
Dedetwo:

You are correct. The problem of falcons has been the players at the midfield and defense line. Due to luck of circumstance, Okeke has been injected into the defense. The coach needs to eject Okobi and Ayinde from the lineup. The midfield needs young and active players.

It's not about the players, young or old but the lack of basic football foundational skills of passing, opening up, off the ball movement and use of space.

To play the passing game, you need players with good first touch & ball control, to play close together, continuously move into space and make themselves available for passes but it's not so with the Super Falcons.

In fact, I'll opine Nigeria is the worst passing team in this competition. The team cannot string 3 passes together. A little high press from opposing players and the ball is hoofed forward for Oshaola, Ordega or Oparanozie to chase and we lose possession.

Sadly, this problem is pervasive as it's the common playing style with all our age group teams and NPFL league clubs.
Football has evolved beyond kick and follow but we're not evolving. What we have going for us is physicality, athleticism, speed and fitness. With this we can bully and irk out wins against size disadvantaged teams but will not go far in competitions.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:
A review of the refereeing performance for the group stage match for Nigeria vs Norway was interesting. This is from a referee assessment:

NORWAY vs NIGERIA (3-0)
Kate Jacewicz (AUS)
Danny Makkelie (VAR)

(+) 12.19 NGA 9 yellow card for illegal use of arm
(+) 21.10 NGA possible penalty situation for holding. Good play on and good No Intervention
(-) 40.40 NGA possible penalty situation.Referee decision was play on.There was a very clear contact after sliding tackle. It should be penalty and VAR intervention was needed.
(+) 44.17 NGA 17 yellow card for SPA

The only negative in the match was a clear penalty for Nigeria which was missed by both the ref and VAR ref.

Yup. That missed penalty call must have been from the tackle on Anam Imo. I’m glad that even a FIFA referee spotted the obvious error from the VAR of that match
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:25pm On Jun 21, 2019
Here is the officiating crew for tomorrow’s match:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 5:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
VAR is Carlos Del Cerro from Spain, an European country?

Not good at all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
semid4lyfe:
VAR is Carlos Del Cerro from Spain, an European country?

Not good at all.
To be fair, I just realized that 11 of the 15 VARs selected for this tournament are from Europe. So, even if we were playing against Cameroon, there would always be a high probability of the VAR being a European.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2019
PDPGuy:

To be fair, I just realized that 11 of the 15 VARs selected for this tournament are from Europe. So, even if we were playing against Cameroon, there would always be a high probability of the VAR being a European.

Are VAR's a special breed of referees that only come from Europe? Last I checked, VAR's are normal match referees who sit behind the screen and monitor the match.

How difficult is it to train referees to monitor screens and alert the on-pitch referee on potential match changing incidences?

Why are the VARs for this FIFA Women World Cup skewed towards Europe?

The fish is not rotten but it's stinking bad.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
Unlimited22:
She's a CPA. But dang, she was a good player.

And smoking HOT!!!!
Lolz.. u get her pics?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
Pre-Game conference with Onome Ebi. The reporters did not ask any telling questions to be honest. Not about who will replace the missing players or Oshoala's health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ilu9uonP4
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Unlimited22: 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2019
mostob:
Lolz.. u get her pics?
Just Google
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2019
Asisat Oshoala trained with the team today. No bandages or ankle protector. Omo Alhaja is good to go. Looks like the triple O upfront then. Only changes expected are Alice for Ebere and Ayinde for Chikwelu. Maybe Anam Imo will play for Ebere.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 7:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
German reporter: Is Nigeria a world class team?
Dennerby: We're surely much better than the ranking suggests. We can beat any of the teams 10th to 20th and surely can fight top 10 teams.

From my experience, Nigerian honestly should be to 15 team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:53pm On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:
Asisat Oshoala trained with the team today. No bandages or ankle protector. Omo Alhaja is good to go. Looks like the triple O upfront then. Only changes expected are Alice for Ebere and Ayinde for Chikwelu. Maybe Anam Imo will play for Ebere.

I don't think she participated because she is wearing sneakers
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I don't think she participated because she is wearing sneakers

I don't think she will start the match. So, the likely front two (or three) would be Oparanozie, Ordega, (and Kanu).
Ordega will, of course, play more or less as a wing-back.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:
German reporter: Is Nigeria a world class team?
Dennerby: We're surely much better than the ranking suggests. We can beat any of the teams 10th to 20th and surely can fight top 10 teams.

From my experience, Nigerian honestly should be to 15 team.
we shouldn't be ranking less than Thailand, lol.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59pm On Jun 21, 2019
PDPGuy:

I don't think she will start the match. So, the likely front two (or three) would be Oparanozie, Ordega, (and Kanu).
Ordega will, of course, play more or less as a wing-back.

I think Kanu will seize the moment and make the best of it but I wouldn't be surprised if the coach opts with Anam Imo on the grounds of set piece protecting thanks to her height. Ihezuo as the only lefty available may also stand a chance.

The lineup will be an important factor tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2019
Daejoyoung:

we shouldn't be ranking less than Thailand, lol.
Haha quite funny actually. Thailand is 5 places above us. I'm not fumbling o, but Thailand will not qualify for quarter finals at AWCON. The way women football is ranked is actually cult like too. Top 10 teams get extra points when they play against each other. Also, as Africans only play AWCON once every 2 years, we could go a whole year without ranking. Thailand on the other hand could play Korea, China etc and hold their Team C to a draw, thus getting much ranking points.
After this world cup, I expect Nigeria to move up a few points and enter top 30 at least.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

I think Kanu will seize the moment and make the best of it but I wouldn't be surprised if the coach opts with Anam Imo on the grounds of set piece protecting thanks to her height. Ihezuo as the only lefty available may also stand a chance.

The lineup will be an important factor tomorrow
Personally, I really dont want Oshoala to start even if fit. Her attitude deserves her to sit on bench for a bit. I'll start Kanu in her position.

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.