Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (797881 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by shogsman(m): 10:07pm On Jun 20, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

hahahaha I like Nigerians. Already thinking ahead like Germany is Burkina Faso.

I tire o
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

hahahaha I like Nigerians. Already thinking ahead like Germany is Burkina Faso.
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:11pm On Jun 20, 2019
VillagePipu:

Yeah

Everything including VAR penalties

The same thing happened in Canada vs Cameroon but the referee didn't blow and VAR didn't check. I advice we go on a campaign about the poor treatment of Africans by referees before the next stage. The coach and whatever player represents the team should put the pressure on FIFA because the world will want to make sure that they get things right at least in the immediate future.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2019
If Dennerby starts Oparanozie and Uchenna Kanu upfront, the SF will give Germany lots of problems. Like I’ve said earlier, the German center backs can’t stand pacy forwards, and they always leave gaps behind.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2019
My early predictions of the Germany game... Germany will be frustrated and it may go to penalties.. Dennerby is the master of knock out phase draws. Not even sure he's won a knock out phase game without penalties since coming on board.
2 pen kicks at AWCON
2 pen kicks at WAFU.

With the new penalty rules, I will work more on our players hitting target than on goalie trying to save it. If we score all our pens, we will go through.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2019
Our players hugging and crying. It has been an emotional beat down since Monday. These girls will never cry if heartbroken again. This experience would have toughened them beyond what the coach will expect. Press conference tomorrow and match on Saturday.

Nigeria vs Germany onf Saturday 22nd June at 4.30pm Nigerian time.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jieta: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

No sir. We go to round 2 together with Cameroon. Africa United! cheesy cheesy
Chile can NEVER beat Thailand by more than 2 goals. Even if Thailand is playing with 9 players.
you are the real guy,I like your guts.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2019
Oshoala wanted to fight Ebere in the FIFA video. Is this Asisat OK at all? I'll decamp her tonight if I had the powers.
https://twitter.com/FIFAWWC_NGA/status/1141814135887413249

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
Phew...let us settle down and catch our breaths first before we start planning how we play Germany.

Saw your faith shaking there... Lol. Congratulations. Now you see that this Thailand team was ripe enough to collect 3 goals from Chile. Never underestimate south American teams against non soccer playing nations like Thailand.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2019
PDPGuy:
If Dennerby starts Oparanozie and Uchenna Kanu upfront, the SF will give Germany lots of problems. Like I’ve said earlier, the German center backs can’t stand pacy forwards, and they always leave gaps behind.

Guy you can put Usain bolt, if you don't have the right kind of quality to feed them good passes una nothing for them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by HARDBUOI: 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2019
hulk616:
Thank you Thailand, thank you Cameroon and thank you Argentina!!!!!

We did Argentina favour during men world cup, at our own expense now Argentinia females rewarded us at their own expense. grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
Oshoala wanted to fight Ebere in the FIFA video. Is this Asisat OK at all? I'll decamp her tonight if I had the powers.

I think the beef has been ongoing it doesn't seem like it just started over the water pouring. Those are the things Dennerby must have being managing. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:36pm On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:

I think the beef has been ongoing it doesn't seem like it just started over the water pouring. Those are the things Dennerby must have being managing. Lol.
Thats really toxic and I am ashamed of her as a professional. This is not the moment to pick up a fight.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
That penalty miss was the moment! A goalie that was ready to throw the ball into her own net but God didnt even allow the ball near her.

hahahaha throw the ball into her own net
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by ykalhaji(m): 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

Thats really toxic and I am ashamed of her as a professional. This is not the moment to pick up a fight.

It escalated to a need to fight too quickly, both of them had some serious unfinished business before that incident.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:47pm On Jun 20, 2019
Chilean coach left his players on the pitch and stormed off at full time. Poor dude.

Going forward, we need to play big grade A friendlies so we can enter top 15 in the world ranking, where we truly belong. Then we will have more chances of being in groups with Thailand and Chile.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2019
ykalhaji:

It escalated to a need to fight too quickly, both of them had some serious unfinished business before that incident.
I like Oshoala as a player, but her attitude when playing nowadays actually stinks. Dont know why, but she's too complacent and casual.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:

I like Oshoala as a player, but her attitude when playing nowadays actually stinks. Dont know why, but she's too complacent and casual.
Same attitude with the likes of Victor Moses and Mikel. Whenever they don the GWG, they just stroll around the pitch putting in minimal effort. It’s really sad
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2019
olapluto:
Chilean coach left his players on the pitch and stormed off at full time. Poor dude.

Going forward, we need to play big grade A friendlies so we can enter top 15 in the world ranking, where we truly belong. Then we will have more chances of being in groups with Thailand and Chile.
I make bold to say that if the Super Falcons had Chile and Thailand in the group, the SF would have advanced with 6 points.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2019
I actually think the 2015 Falcons had better quality than the current team. Yes, I welcome the new players and all but the 2015 was better. i miss players like Sarah Nnodim and Ugo Njoku

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2019
naijaseeker:
I actually think the 2015 Falcons had better quality than the current team. Yes, I welcome the new players and all but the 2015 was better. i miss players like Sarah Nnodim and Ugo Njoku
It was tactical ineptitude from Edwin Okon that cost that team a place in the knockout rounds
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Dedetwo(m): 11:31pm On Jun 20, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

The same thing happened in Canada vs Cameroon but the referee didn't blow and VAR didn't check. I advice we go on a campaign about the poor treatment of Africans by referees before the next stage. The coach and whatever player represents the team should put the pressure on FIFA because the world will want to make sure that they get things right at least in the immediate future.

I totally agree with you. Africans do not get a fair shake at FIFA organized competitions especially when the officials are not from Africa.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 11:53pm On Jun 20, 2019
Sorry, let me say one more rant about VAR...

In the Norway match, Anam Imo (I think) was tackled in the box after she had kicked the ball away from the goal. There was no VAR review of that incident.

BUT the VAR in the Thailand v Chile game reviewed the tackle the Thai keeper made on the Chilean player AFTER the same Chilean player had kicked the ball away from goal. And the referee awarded the penalty to Chile.

This kind of inconsistency drives me nuts! Because assuming the SF were awarded that penalty vs Norway, and the penalty was converted, we would have celebrated the Super Falcons qualification to the round of 16 before the Thailand v. Chile match.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:42am On Jun 21, 2019
PDPGuy:

I make bold to say that if the Super Falcons had Chile and Thailand in the group, the SF would have advanced with 6 points.

With a goal difference of plus 6 grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 12:55am On Jun 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

With a goal difference of plus 6 grin
With Ďennerby?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:08am On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:

With Ďennerby?

That's the reason I only kept it at +6

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:31am On Jun 21, 2019
olapluto:

These things happen in teams. It was a simple misunderstanding there is no cause for alarm.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 4:57am On Jun 21, 2019
PDPGuy:
Sorry, let me say one more rant about VAR...

In the Norway match, Anam Imo (I think) was tackled in the box after she had kicked the ball away from the goal. There was no VAR review of that incident.

BUT the VAR in the Thailand v Chile game reviewed the tackle the Thai keeper made on the Chilean player AFTER the same Chilean player had kicked the ball away from goal. And the referee awarded the penalty to Chile.

This kind of inconsistency drives me nuts! Because assuming the SF were awarded that penalty vs Norway, and the penalty was converted, we would have celebrated the Super Falcons qualification to the round of 16 before the Thailand v. Chile match.

I think players have a role in forcing the use of VAR.

For every potential penalty for us, I expect the team to pursue, surround the referee and protest vociferously.

For that Anam Imo incidence vs Norway, we should have played the ball out, surrounded the referee and protested. The referee is then forced to communicate with the VAR official and review the incidence.

YES, there is inconsistency in using VAR but there's a mental & psychological part to it's use and we must do the needful.

Still on VAR but I digress

The New Zealand players should have protested Cameroun's first goal and called for a VAR check. Nchout Ajara actually used her arm to cushion and push that ball forward (very deliberate actions) on the turn before shooting at goal. The VAR should have reviewed the goal but did not

Am I the only one who saw this?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 5:59am On Jun 21, 2019
semid4lyfe:

I think players have a role in forcing the use of VAR.

For every potential penalty for us, I expect the team to pursue, surround the referee and protest vociferously.

For that Anam Imo incidence vs Norway, we should have played the ball out, surrounded the referee and protested. The referee is then forced to communicate with the VAR official and review the incidence.

YES, there is inconsistency in using VAR but there's a mental & psychological part to it's use and we must do the needful.

Still on VAR but I digress

The New Zealand players should have protested Cameroun's first goal and called for a VAR check. Nchout Ajara actually used her arm to cushion and push that ball forward (very deliberate actions) on the turn before shooting at goal. The VAR should have reviewed the goal but did not

Am I the only one who saw this?

You were not the only one. I also thought it was handball. I guess the VAR had read the comments on social media about how they are “racist”, so the guy took the easy way out and allowed the goal grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2019
PDPGuy:

Even Newzealand sef,but the funny thing is that both Newzealand and Thailand are ranked higher than the super Falcons. Thailand shouldn't even be ranked higher than the current Ghana from what l saw in this tournament.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Horus(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE7zUGHeyNQ

Super Falcons Striker, Asisat Oshoala Shares Photos of Her Football Life

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.