Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (795772 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2021
Whyte was rather poor today. Truth is, she was never really tested in the group stage and her weaknesses were exposed in the Semis and Final. She has proven that she is certainly not it.
In a sense, its a good thing this happened now, prior to the CL proper in Egypt.
I also understand Osun Babes keeper, Christiana Obia, has been signed by Rivers Angels and would hopefully, take over the GK position.

Schemerkhiz:

Same thing Okon did while he was the Coach of the Superfalcons, tried every means to make Whyte first choice ahead of veteran Precious Dede then but didn't work out...

Abeg make Okon and e sentiment get out
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:
Whyte was rather poor today. Truth is, she was never really tested in the group stage and her weaknesses were exposed in the Semis and Final. She has proven that she is certainly not it.
In a sense, its a good thing this happened now, prior to the CL proper in Egypt.
I also understand Osun Babes keeper, Christiana Obia, has been signed by Rivers Angels and would hopefully, take over the GK position.

Who dey win
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2021
They lost 3-1 to Hassacass in the final, a team they defeated 2-0 in their opening match
robosky02:

Who dey win
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:39pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:

Mercy Vincent and Christiana Obia should be given a chance, too much sentiment from Okon..
That's was how Whyte was made to keep at the U20 Women World Cup in Japan back in 2012 even when we had better options like Chioma Nwankwo in the team, I know the number of times she almost gave me heart attack with her errors if not for our good Defence..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:
Good teams always have a target on their backs.

That treatment is only given to Nigerian women. I don't see the super eagles or even Egypt getting treated like that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:43pm On Aug 05, 2021
Was whyte not the No1 goalkeeper for AWCON 2016 or Alaba Jonathan ?
Schemerkhiz:

Mercy Vincent and Christiana Obia should be given a chance, too much sentiment from Okon..
That's was how Whyte was made to keep at the U20 Women World Cup in Japan back in 2012 even when we had better options like Chioma Nwankwo in the team, I know the number of times she almost gave me heart attack with her errors if not for our good Defence..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2021
isan:

Alaba Jonathan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
Alaba displaced Whyte and tended goal in 2014 (Cameroon)
Schemerkhiz:

Alaba Jonathan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2021
isan:

It was in 2014/2015 when Edwin Okon was Coach he tried bringing her in to replace Precious Dede knowing fully well that she has never been top notch...

Nigerian Coaches with their Sentiment...
One of the reason i respect Coach Florence Omagbemi and Uche Ngozi Eucharia

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:
Alaba displaced Whyte and tended goal in 2014 (Cameroon)

Even Coaches in the various National Team have serious back up..... There's one presently in the Superfalcons and another at the U20 who are there because of their Godfather.!

If I vex now I go mention their name
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2021
The Ghanaians learnt a thing or two from the Togolese team and dialed it up a notch. Crowd the Nigerians, rough them up and not let them have any time on the ball. Even though the first goal rattled the Nigerians, it was clear Okon did not have any answers to the Hassacass onslaught, especially in the first half. For someone who coached the Nigerian national team at the nations cup and the World Cup, the man got clearly outcoached today and was bereft of solutions!
Nigeria had the ascendancy after they equalized, but I felt they were really let down by poor goalkeeping.
All in all, good tournament and I am happy this disappointment happened now. Nigeria needs to go back home, retool, learn how to play quicker (for teams that would not let you have time on the ball - North African and South African teams), revamp the goal keeping corps and focus on wining the Champions league cup in Egypt next month.
We lost the battle, but we must win the war! Go RA girls!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2021
For me, Omagbemi, yes. Liked her a lot and liked the ebb and flow of her team - their transition from defense to attack was nice to watch.
Eucharia, no. She brought her personal sentiments to the job.
Schemerkhiz:

It was in 2014/2015 when Edwin Okon was Coach he tried bringing her in to replace Precious Dede knowing fully well that she has never been top notch...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay(m): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:
The Ghanaians learnt a thing or two from the Togolese team and dialed it up a notch. Crowd the Nigerians, rough them up and not let them have any time on the ball. Even though the first goal rattled the Nigerians, it was clear Okon did not have any answers to the Hassacass onslaught, especially in the first half. For someone who coached the Nigerian national team at the nations cup and the World Cup, the man got clearly outcoached today and was bereft of solutions!
Nigeria had the ascendancy after they equalized, but I felt they were really let down by poor goalkeeping.
All in all, good tournament and I am happy this disappointment happened now. Nigeria needs to go back home, retool, learn how to play quicker (for teams that would not let you have time on the ball - North African and South African teams), revamp the goal keeping corps and focus on wining the Champions league cup in Egypt next month.

The best team they will play is this ghanian team. It's like you are ascribing the reputation of the North African men to their women . Like seriously? They North African women are probably the worse women team on the continent.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
Won't be so quick to jump to such a conclusion, if I were you.
Their football philosophy is pretty much the same and their ladies have started to get much better.
timay:

The best team they will play is this ghanian team. It's like you are ascribing the reputation of the North African men to their women . Like seriously? They North African women are probably the worse women team on the continent.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2021
timay:

Watch out for the Malabo FC of Equatorial Guinea..

They have Goalkeeper Ruth Sunday, Salimata Simpore and Co in their Squad
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:
For me, Omagbemi, yes. Liked her a lot and liked the ebb and flow of her team - their transition from defense to attack was nice to watch.
Eucharia, no. She brought her personal sentiments to the job.

My only issue with Eucharia was her attitude against the players Sexuality, She even spoke too much about it which FIFA had to warn her after she said Homosexuality is a dirty game...

She made us lose Cynthia Uwak to early retirement..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2021
AkinDS:
Their football philosophy is pretty much the same and their ladies have started to get much better.
Morocco maybe, the other teams are not really there yet.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2021
I really hate it when we loose to any Ghanaian team...!

Superfalcons should better watch out...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PetroDolla2020: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2021
This is the first time Hasaacas Ladies had played outside Ghana. So they were very naive. Also, their preparation for the tournament wasn’t great. They only got serious few weeks to the tournament when they made an appeal for financial support from Ghanaians and got a very good response.

If you watched the first match between the two teams, Hasaacas made some silly mistakes which the Nigerians capitalized on to score those two goals. Hasaacas also missed two glorious opportunities to score in the first match. They even hit the upright.

Meanwhile, the nigerian girls were busy scoring goals because they were promised one million naira per each goal scored grin They were busy banging in goals when they should be pacing themselves for the final. I watched highlights of the match today and I dare say the better team won!

Congratulations to my Ghana girls. God bless you for inflicting another sweet victory on Nigeria! It’s sweet. Very sweet grin

AkinDS:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PetroDolla2020: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2021
Oh dear oh dear. Why do you hate Ghanaians? How can you hate a people blessed by God? Hating or not hating doesn’t change anything. It’s just football. Just enjoy it!

Schemerkhiz:
I really hate it when we loose to any Ghanaian team...!

Superfalcons should better watch out...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:15pm On Aug 05, 2021
Agree that Ghana played well enough to win today. Congrats to them.
And yes, they had scoring opportunities in the first match which they didn't take advantage of. However, I it was also obvious (if you watched the first match) that Nigeria had and spurned several other scoring opportunities. So, Nigeria was the better side in match day 1.
Don't think it was an issue of pacing themselves. Nigeria was royally let down by poor keeping today. Plain and simple. That, to me, was the main difference.
But, no need whining - congrats to Hasaacas. Will see what happens in the CL finals when Nigeria wins it. That's the most important one.
PetroDolla2020:
This is the first time Hasaacas Ladies had played outside Ghana. So they were very naive. Also, their preparation for the tournament wasn’t great. They only got serious few weeks to the tournament when they made an appeal for financial support from Ghanaians and got a very good response.

If you watched the first match between the two teams, Hasaacas made some silly mistakes which the Nigerians capitalized on to score those two goals. Hasaacas also missed two glorious opportunities to score in the first match. They even hit the upright.

Meanwhile, the nigerian girls were busy scoring goals because they were promised one million naira per each goal scored grin They were busy banging in goals when they should be pacing themselves for the final. I watched highlights of the match today and I dare say the better team won!

Congratulations to my Ghana girls. God bless you for inflicting another sweet victory on Nigeria! It’s sweet. Very sweet grin

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PetroDolla2020: 11:22pm On Aug 05, 2021
You think Nigeria will win the CL final? I don’t think so. Watch out for Hasaacas Ladies. In a few moths from now they will be totally transformed. They are going to get all the support they need from now on, and you’ll be surprised how much they would have improved the next time you see them play.

Congratulations to my sweet Hasaacas Ladies for making all Ghanaians proud today. I pray you win more trophies for Mother Ghana. Amen!

AkinDS:
Agree that Ghana played well enough to win today. Congrats to them.
And yes, they had scoring opportunities in the first match which they didn't take advantage of. However, I it was also obvious (if you watched the first match) that Nigeria had and spurned several other scoring opportunities. So, Nigeria was the better side in match day 1.
Don't think it was an issue of pacing themselves. Nigeria was royally let down by poor keeping today. Plain and simple. That, to me, was the main difference.
But, no need whining - congrats to Hasaacas. Will see what happens in the CL finals when Nigeria wins it. That's the most important one.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:29pm On Aug 05, 2021
Actually, I don't 'think' they will win...I am extremely confident Rivers Angels will win the CL!
PetroDolla2020:
You think Nigeria will win the CL final? I don’t think so. Watch out for Hasaacas Ladies. In a few moths from now they will be totally transformed. They are going to get all the support they need from now on, and you’ll be surprised how much they would have improved the next time you see them play.

Congratulations to my sweet Hasaacas Ladies for making all Ghanaians proud today. I pray you win more trophies for Mother Ghana. Amen!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:25am On Aug 06, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Oh dear oh dear. Why do you hate Ghanaians? How can you hate a people blessed by God? Hating or not hating doesn’t change anything. It’s just football. Just enjoy it!

Please read well, I never said I hate Ghanaian...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:36am On Aug 06, 2021
All this Nigerian fans Sha, Anyway this is a plane truth from this guy!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:12am On Aug 06, 2021
A nigerian coach with an all Nigerian backroom staff will always be a failure because they will turn the super falcons to their family business and try market their various players for money through the national team. that is why we missed the last 2 olympics
Schemerkhiz:

Even Coaches in the various National Team have serious back up..... There's one presently in the Superfalcons and another at the U20 who are there because of their Godfather.!

If I vex now I go mention their name
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2021
AkinDS:

Yinmu. grin

Let them establish women's club sides first in large numbers Before talking about philosophy.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Watch out for the Malabo FC of Equatorial Guinea..

They have Goalkeeper Ruth Sunday, Salimata Simpore and Co in their Squad

If they don't field men in their club sides, I think Rivers Angels will be fine
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by timay(m): 8:18am On Aug 06, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

May be Edwin Okon dey f*ck the girl. That is the only logical conclusion I can give.

Every Super falcons coach, past and present don't usually see Whyte as a good goalkeeper and she gets dropped almost immediately but with Okon, it's always different , so Okon definitely is forcing the girl down the team's throat for reasons that are definitely outside of her goalkeeping abilities
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PetroDolla2020: 10:17am On Aug 06, 2021
Let me tell you something. The days when nigeria dominated female football in Africa is gone for ever!

Ghana in particular is making some good investments in football and it is beginning to pay off. As I said, watch out for Hasaacas Ladies. They will be a transformed side next time you see them play.

AkinDS:
Actually, I don't 'think' they will win...I am extremely confident Rivers Angels will win the CL!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PetroDolla2020: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2021
You don’t need to tell me. It was obvious from your post grin

Schemerkhiz:

Please read well, I never said I hate Ghanaian...

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Goldsplash(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.