Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (232) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (805414 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (1073) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:51pm On Aug 09, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
NICE Selection�

Where are your Americans
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 3:03am On Aug 10, 2021
It may be a case of her not measuring up to the Primera Iberdrola standards. She looked rather out of shape and unfit during the Summer series, in comparison to the other players in camp and especially, those who came from Spain.
Hopefully, its not going to be downhill for her, as she is one SF who has really travelled the world.

Schemerkhiz:
Breaking News

Nigerian soccer player Francisca Ordega "Franny" leaves Levante UD and is transferred to CSKA Moscow, after the agreement was made official.

Ordega was one of the attackers recently added to the squad. With the last blows of the Primera Iberdrola 2020/21 she joined the ranks of Levante. During that period of time, Franny only played three official matches as a Levantine, entering as a revulsive.

Now, just two weeks after playing the first preliminary phase of the Women's Champions League, the Levantine team is left without the 27-year-old African, in exchange for a sum of economic income that has not materialized.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:18am On Aug 10, 2021
Nigerian Defender Margaret Etim Joins Cypriot Side Apollon Ladies FC

Nigeria international defender Margaret Etim Okon has completed her move to Cypriot women’s topflight outfit Apollon Ladies FC,
The 21-year-old, who has represented her country at senior national level (Super Falcons), sealed the move from Nigeria Women Premier League club Rivers Angels FC.

A tough, versatile defender, Margaret, comes to the Cyprus capital with her vast experience ahead of new season 2021/2022 Cypriot First Women Division, having represented Nigeria at national level so far.

While reacting to her recent move, Margaret expressed her delight in starting “a new adventure in Europe” which she described as an honour.

“Officially, I am now a Apollon. I am very happy starting a new adventure with this club,” she stated. “The objective is to help my new team attain greater heights. Come on Apollon Ladies.”

“I look forward to coming to Apollon Ladies, which is a top club. The team wants to play good football and keep the ball within the team.”
“I also want to single out my management team, Reel Sports Management for being a strong support system and making sure this transition was very smooth.”

Having joined the Apollon, Margaret will hope to make a fine debut in Cyprus when Apollon Ladies open their UEFA Women’s league campaign qualifier against Dinamo BGU on August 18th.

However, the deal that took Margaret to Apollon Ladies FC was brokered by a seasoned cum journalist & a manager Abidoye Babatunde Blackcoin.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:22am On Aug 10, 2021
AkinDS:
It may be a case of her not measuring up to the Primera Iberdrola standards. She looked rather out of shape and unfit during the Summer series, in comparison to the other players in camp and especially, those who came from Spain.
Hopefully, its not going to be downhill for her, as she is one SF who has really travelled the world.

Levante UD had to take the risk because of Money, they only have 3 Strikers left with them. They're trying to save up some money..

CSKA payed Levante UD some huge money and Ordega pay at CSKA is very much higher than what she gets at Levante UD she had to accept...

By the way CSKA is on the verge of losing the Champions League spot, that's why they had to buy Players...

Just 9games left
They're in 3rd position, 7point behind 2nd place zenith
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:40am On Aug 10, 2021
AkinDS:

She has played in Russia before for Rossiyanka FC alongside Desire Oparanozie,

CSKA needed this signing bad bad to get that Champions League slot (Russia only have two)..
They bought in Damjanovic from Sporting, GIdeon from Dijon in France and then Ordega

Cameroonian veteran Aboudi Onguene have been playing in Russia for over 7yrs now

The money that is talking right now.. Russia is ranked between 12-14 as far as the European women Football Leagues are concerned

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:49am On Aug 10, 2021
Emueje Ogbiagbevha won three (3) golden Boots there during her time in Russia, one of the longest serving league in Europe.

By the way if not for Money it's a depreciation for Ordega in terms of league Competitiveness
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:33am On Aug 10, 2021
Ordega is not her former self again the 1 year leave she took from the game is affecting her , I think she should also be bench in super falcons KANU or Ajibade can easily start ahead of ordega
Schemerkhiz:
Emueje Ogbiagbevha won three (3) golden Boots there during her time in Russia, one of the longest serving league in Europe.

By the way if not for Money it's a depreciation for Ordega in terms of league Competitiveness
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by marvin906(m): 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2021
isan:
Ordega is not her former self again the 1 year leave she took from the game is affecting her , I think she should also be bench in super falcons KANU or Ajibade can easily start ahead of ordega

Why did she take a year leave
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:05pm On Aug 10, 2021
Covid -19 i think
marvin906:

Why did she take a year leave
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:21pm On Aug 10, 2021
The real question is:
Sh'Nia Gordon - is she coming onboard? wink wink
Schemerkhiz:

She has played in Russia before for Rossiyanka FC alongside Desire Oparanozie,

CSKA needed this signing bad bad to get that Champions League slot (Russia only have two)..
They bought in Damjanovic from Sporting, GIdeon from Dijon in France and then Ordega

Cameroonian veteran Aboudi Onguene have been playing in Russia for over 7yrs now

The money that is talking right now.. Russia is ranked between 12-14 as far as the European women Football Leagues are concerned
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2021
AkinDS:
The real question is:
Sh'Nia Gordon - is she coming onboard? wink wink

She already joined them..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2021
I meant 'us' (Nigeria), not CSKA
Schemerkhiz:

She already joined them..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:11am On Aug 11, 2021
AkinDS:
I meant 'us' (Nigeria), not CSKA

Not at all, don't even know if she has a Nigerian Lineage?
CSKA gave her no.9 jersey
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:35am On Aug 11, 2021
Mitchell Alozie is gradually becoming a regular player for the Houston Dash...
On the Roaster for the 2021 WICC Tournament

The Women’s International Champions Cup returns in 2021 and will feature four trophy-winning teams that represent the best that women’s soccer has to offer.
The four participants have each qualified for the WICC by winning championships in their 2020 tournaments, competitions, and leagues. The Portland Thorns will host the tournament and have qualified as winners of the 2020 NWSL Fall Series. The remaining three clubs are Olympique Lyonnais, who qualified as winners of the 2020 UEFA Women’s Champions League and 2020 D1 Féminine, the Houston Dash, who qualified as winners of the 2020 NWSL Challenge Cup, and FC Barcelona, who qualified as winners of the 2020 Primera División.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2021
Cameroon already named a provisional home based Squad in preparation for the Aisha Buhari invitational tournament...

Foreign Based to Join later...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PROVERBZ(m): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
The Aisha Buhari Cup
na waoo.
This thing looks serious.
Do u know if it would be on TV and what stations they would use.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2021
NFF tv
PROVERBZ:
na waoo.
This thing looks serious.
Do u know if it would be on TV and what stations they would use.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2021
Isabella Bryld Obaze

Born 30 October 2002, is a Danish/Nigerian footballer who plays as a defender(Left Back) for HB Køge in the Elitedivisionen in Denmark.

Obaze was born in Denmark and is of Nigerian descent. She is a youth international for Denmark. She participated at the 2019 UEFA Women’s Under-17 Championship in Bulgaria. She most recently played for the Denmark women’s national under-19 football team at the 2020 La Manga Tournament.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:01am On Aug 13, 2021
Asisat Oshoala Oshoala have recovered from Covid-19 that kept her out over two weeks ago

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 12:14am On Aug 13, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Asisat Oshoala Oshoala have recovered from Covid-19 that kept her out over two weeks ago
Thank goodness!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:03am On Aug 13, 2021
Shocking: Tabitha stripped to prove if she is woman

Malawi Scorchers captain and Wuhan FC forward Tabitha Chawinga has revealed that she was once forced to strip naked by an opposing team in order to prove that she was indeed a woman.

According to an article by the Weekend Nation on Saturday, Chawinga experienced the ordeal when she started playing women’s football in Rumphi in 2009.

Chawinga said the match was stopped as her opponents could not believe she was a girl.

“They took me to a room where they stripped me to check if I was indeed a girl,” said Chawinga.

The embarrassment forced the Wuhan superstar to quit the game for ten months and when she resumed, she opted for boys’ teams as she was accepted and she wasn’t victimised.

The paper further said the discrimination on the 25-year old continued as she was accused of having loose morals for playing with boys instead of fellow women athletes.

And in 2012, Chawinga was spotted by Lilongwe-based women’s football but her ordeal continued as she was stripped naked during a presidential women’s cup match at Civo Stadium.

“This time, I was stripped right on the pitch as the other team protested saying I was not a girl,” she said.

The Scorchers Captain told the publication that she was let down by Women’s football officials who did nothing to rescue her from the embarrassment.

“I don’t want to mention their names. But they were there and they know themselves. Some still hold positions in women’s football. I just don’t want any other player to experience what I went through. Even if it means taking people who do this to court. People must accept how God created each one of us,” she was quoted.

And commenting on the development, DD Sunshine coach Andrew Chikhosi concurred with Chawinga, saying he lodged a complaint to the Central Region Women’s Football Committee (CRWFC) but no action was taken.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2021
Tabitha Chawinga and her younger Sister Tenwa Chawinga

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:32pm On Aug 13, 2021
Superfalcons Defender Onyinyechi Zogg have terminated her ongoing Contract with FC Zurich Women with mutual consent this week...

All the best Ony Zogg

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2021
Lol probably going to Spain
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcons Defender Onyinyechi Zogg have terminated her ongoing Contract with FC Zurich Women with mutual consent this week...

All the best Ony Zogg
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

All the best Ony Zogg
How can a player's contract be terminated just like that. Why not the normal transfer process? Hope nothing is wrong with the lady.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 6:51pm On Aug 13, 2021
isan:
Lol probably going to Spain
Is that really how players are signed in the female world

Contract terminated then player becomes a free agent and starts looking for a club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nigeria Super Falconets Coach Chris Danjuma has invited 35players to camp for the upcoming U20 Women World Cup qualification game's.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Chris danjuma again ? Whatever happen to that coach that took us to final in 2014 or the the retired falcons that are into coaching like nkwocha
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria Super Falconets Coach Chris Danjuma has invited 35players to camp for the upcoming U20 Women World Cup qualification game's.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 8:52pm On Aug 13, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Chris Danjuma as a coach or interim coach has never really delivered anything noteworthy at the national level in my opinion. I hope he gives us a team comparable to that of 2010 and 2014 this time.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2021
I was hoping to see yetunde balogun of naija ratels , she is balogun thunder granduaghter maybe they leave her for the u17 side
Schemerkhiz:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:57pm On Aug 13, 2021
isan:
Chris danjuma again ? Whatever happen to that coach that took us to final in 2014 or the the retired falcons that are into coaching like nkwocha

At first Bayelsa Queen coach Moses Aduku was named the coach of the U20 later on, I think about 3 weeks later Christopher Danjuma was brought back to head the NFF....

Danjuma and Wemimo get correct back up for the NFF ooo, don't Bleep with them..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
I thought as much , they will qualify us for the world cup because of talent gap between Nigeria and other African countries at u20 levels
Schemerkhiz:

At first Bayelsa Queen coach Moses Aduku was named the coach of the U20 later on, I think about 3 weeks later Christopher Danjuma was brought back to head the NFF....

Danjuma and Wemimo get correct back up for the NFF ooo, don't Bleep with them..

(1) (2) (3) ... (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) ... (1073) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.