Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (818267 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (1078) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
Perfect finish Koku
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
4-0

Gift Monday
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
Sundowns and asfar are settling for a draw
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2021
The proof is there that CAF has robbed Rivers Angels. Even only gave 2 minutes for extra time grin if u want to believe that Nigeria is falling off that is on u.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by robosky02(m): 5:06pm On Nov 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
The proof is there that CAF has robbed Rivers Angels. Even only gave 2 minutes for extra time grin if u want to believe that Nigeria is falling off that is on u.

What proof are you talking

Why did you at least drew momolodi girls
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:07pm On Nov 12, 2021
Very proud of her. She exudes the passion and drive known with Nigeria women's football. Looks like she made captain too.
Just hope that Nigeria makes it to the U20WC and she showcases her superb skills AND gets picked up by a top club in Europe.
BascoVanVeli:
Deborah Abiodun is playing possessed.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
We all witnessed the quality Damilola Koku brought to the team.
Why the coach opted not to play her in the first 2 games is beyond me.
BascoVanVeli:
Perfect finish Koku
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:15pm On Nov 12, 2021
Overall, this was good exposure for the girls that really matter - the ones currently in our U20 team.
Could have been a better outcome, but for poor planning and mediocre strategizing and tactical outlay by the coach.
He unnecessarily chopped and changed the team, in spite of having a very solid base to work from with the team that lost to Hassacass in the WAFU B tourney.
Extremely DUMB move on his part!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:26pm On Nov 12, 2021
robosky02:

What proof are you talking

Why did you at least drew momolodi girls
Every blind man in Africa knows that wasn't a goal.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Pidginwhisper: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Sad... Chance of Wining the Spanish League Golden Boots ruined by Injury
Eeyah. We have replacement for her in GWG..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Dutch Star Lieke Martens say yes to her Man..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 7:28pm On Nov 12, 2021
OBSERVATIONS FROM RIVER ANGELS GAMES
We really need to resurrect our women league. Nigeria is gradually declining in it dominance in women football.

Mary Ezenagu fall my hand in front of goal. She dribbles too much though she delivers the ball well but in front of goal, she was weak. She really needs to improve.

I thought we said Edwin Okon was good, what happened to him in this tourney?

CAF needs to start using VAR. River Angels were robbed in that Mamelodi Sundowns game.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
AkinDS:
Very proud of her. She exudes the passion and drive known with Nigeria women's football. Looks like she made captain too.
Just hope that Nigeria makes it to the U20WC and she showcases her superb skills AND gets picked up by a top club in Europe.

She is good enough to start for the super falcons. We don't have a midfielder has industrious as her.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:56pm On Nov 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

She is good enough to start for the super falcons. We don't have a midfielder has industrious as her.

This girl is really the Kind of Midfielder we want.. The Younger version of Rita Chikwelu back then in 2006-2010..

She's such a Workerholic, She would give Regina Otu a run for her Money very soon..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
solonnachi:
OBSERVATIONS FROM RIVER ANGELS GAMES
We really need to resurrect our women league. Nigeria is gradually declining in it dominance in women football.

Mary Ezenagu fall my hand in front of goal. She dribbles too much though she delivers the ball well but in front of goal, she was weak. She really needs to improve.

I thought we said Edwin Okon was good, what happened to him in this tourney?

CAF needs to start using VAR. River Angels were robbed in that Mamelodi Sundowns game.

She run tirelessly.. I think wearing the Captain band gave her more moral to play harder. I just pray we qualify for the U20 Women's World Cup so she can gain more experience before graduating to the Superfalcons..

Oluwatosin Demehin
Imuran Ramat
Abiodun Deborah
Precious Christopher
Damilola Koku... For the U20
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

This girl is really the Kind of Midfielder we want.. The Younger version of Rita Chikwelu back then in 2006-2010..

She's such a Workerholic, She would give Regina Otu a run for her Money very soon..

She can play with Regina. I would start Otu, Deborah and Toni Payne or Ajibade. We need a ball winner on the pitch plus she pulls more than her weight going forward. I also want Christy Ucheibe to get a look. She is another ball winner.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:21pm On Nov 12, 2021
No, she is not.
Good enough to understudy the likes of Rita Chikwelu, Halimatu Ayinde and perhaps Regina Otu, yes.
She is barely 20. Let her grow before throwing her into the sea and forcing her to sink or swim.
She needs to play in the U20 WC and if she stands out (I'm sure she will), then groom her into the full team.
She is a smart, lovable and intelligent young lady and I am supremely confident she will do well, as she has the right temperament and mentality to succeed in Europe.
But baby steps first.
BascoVanVeli:

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
For me, the most important competition on the NFF female calender now is the U20 WWC.
Nigeria's future is at stake and it is a MUST that we qualify for that tournament, for the development of the Women's game.
Super, super important!!
Schemerkhiz:

She run tirelessly.. I think wearing the Captain band gave her more moral to play harder. I just pray we qualify for the U20 Women's World Cup so she can gain more experience before graduating to the Superfalcons..

Oluwatosin Demehin
Imuran Ramat
Abiodun Deborah
Precious Christopher
Damilola Koku... For the U20
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 10:37pm On Nov 12, 2021
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05pm On Nov 12, 2021
AkinDS:
No, she is not.
Good enough to understudy the likes of Rita Chikwelu, Halimatu Ayinde and perhaps Regina Otu, yes.
She is barely 20. Let her grow before throwing her into the sea and forcing her to sink or swim.
She needs to play in the U20 WC and if she stands out (I'm sure she will), then groom her into the full team.
She is a smart, lovable and intelligent young lady and I am supremely confident she will do well, as she has the right temperament and mentality to succeed in Europe.
But baby steps first.

She just captained rivers angels in the biggest club competition on the continent that's grown enough for me. Regina Otu and Rita Chikwelu are not half as mobile as Deborah. Unless u are going to bring back Ayinde right now there is no one on that team offering what Deborah does. We have had younger players on the team so this cannot be an excuse.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 11:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
Being captain is about leadership, not growth.
She needs to learn how to pass the ball better, read and anticipate plays better and be quicker on the ball. All these attributes come with playing with and learning from battle scarred veterans, like Halimatu, Chikwelu, Payne, Ajibade and others.
Like I stated earlier, we need to let her develop and not stunt her growth by rushing her into a role she is totally not prepared for. You will be setting her up for failure if you do that.

Besides, her primary focus now is the U20 WWC qualifier against Congo.
BascoVanVeli:

She just captained rivers angels in the biggest club competition on the continent that's grown enough for me. Regina Otu and Rita Chikwelu are not half as mobile as Deborah. Unless u are going to bring back Ayinde right now there is no one on that team offering what Deborah does. We have had younger players on the team so this cannot be an excuse.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Exactly. The likes of Oparanozie, Orji, and Chikwelu were at their peak in women's football while at the U20 falconets category. This excuse of too young to play for the falcons is not a strong one in my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:45pm On Nov 12, 2021
AkinDS:
Being captain is about leadership, not growth.
She needs to learn how to pass the ball better, read and anticipate plays better and be quicker on the ball. All these attributes come with playing with and learning from battle scarred veterans, like Halimatu, Chikwelu, Payne, Ajibade and others.
Like I stated earlier, we need to let her develop and not stunt her growth by rushing her into a role she is totally not prepared for. You will be setting her up for failure if you do that.

Besides, her primary focus now is the U20 WWC qualifier against Congo.

Which one is growth and leadership? I am telling u that she put on that captain's band and became even more fantastic. Meaning she won't get swallowed by the big moments. She is ready to go.

Is it Chikwelu that passes perfectly Ayinde is coming back from injury so u can stop padding ur point with her name. None of Chikwelu, Ajibade and Payne can do the dirty work that Deborah does at the level she does.

Oshoala was a super falcon before her U20 heroics so I don't see why she can't do both. It is not like she plays 40 matches a season for her club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
GeneralDae:

Exactly. The likes of Oparanozie, Orji, and Chikwelu were at their peak in women's football while at the U20 falconets category. This excuse of too young to play for the falcons is not a strong one in my opinion.

We have had younger players in the fold before. That excuse is very weak
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:30am On Nov 13, 2021
Most of the people you named here played at least two (2) U20 WWC and were 'experienced', having played several years in the Nigerian women's league for Nigeria before making the jump to the Super Falcons.
GeneralDae:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:32am On Nov 13, 2021
You meant 'Younger Players'... wink wink
BascoVanVeli:

We have had younger players in the fold before. That excuse is very weak
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Two different things. It may help for you to understand the difference.
If your opinion is that neither Chikwelu nor Payne is capable of doing what Ajibola did in those matches, then hurray for you.
My assertion still stands.
BascoVanVeli:

Which one is growth and leadership? I am telling u that she put on that captain's band and became even more fantastic. Meaning she won't get swallowed by the big moments. She is ready to go.

Is it Chikwelu that passes perfectly Ayinde is coming back from injury so u can stop padding ur point with her name. None of Chikwelu, Ajibade and Payne can do the dirty work that Deborah does at the level she does.

Oshoala was a super falcon before her U20 heroics so I don't see why she can't do both. It is not like she plays 40 matches a season for her club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:04am On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:
Two different things. It may help for you to understand the difference.
If your opinion is that neither Chikwelu nor Payne is capable of doing what Ajibola did in those matches, then hurray for you.
My assertion still stands.

I didn't ask u anything. I explained how wearing the band showed growth, stay with me.

Toni Payne is an attacking midfielder and Chikwelu has already been coming off the bench? We used Ajibade and Payne in the midfield and could barely get hold of the ball against Ghana. We have a player that not only can come close to their attacking ability but also be the ball winner the team needs. Seems like a win win to me.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 4:29am On Nov 13, 2021
Bayelsa Queens Capture Indomitable Lioness Goalkeeper.

The Foreign Contingent of Bayelsa Queens FC of Yenagoa has increased with the signing of the current Goalkeeper of the Indomitable Lioness Bawou Gabrielle Ange.

The Twenty years old safe hands arrived into the warm embrace of the Chairman of Bayelsa Queens Pastor Robin Apreala at the Bayelsa International Airport alongside some members of the Board.

The ex Louves Minproff FC of Yaounde Player was happy to be teaming up with her fellow Cameroonian Touta Noelle who had earlier joined the Reining Nigeria Woman Aiteo Cup Champion.

Speaking to newsmen at the Airport, Pastor Robin Apreala stated that the Board of Bayelsa Queens are fortifying the team as they intensity preparation ahead the kick off of the Nigeria Woman Football League on December 8.

Robin Apreala also stated that the Goalkeeping department needed strengthening after the departure of Sandra Chichi Dogumlu for Turkish club Belediyespor FC

On her part, Bawou Gabrielle Ange expressed her readiness to put up a healthy competitive fight for the number one jersey in the team.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:19am On Nov 13, 2021
1. Like I stated earlier, it might behoove you to avail yourself on what Leadership and Growth mean, from a footballing perspective. You really seem to be conflating the two.
Being handed the captains band portrays leadership potential, not growth. Growth is the progression at becoming better in one's craft which translates into field generalship.

2. Regarding Payne and Ajibade struggling in the midfield against Ghana, that was because neither player was a defensive oriented player - both are forward leaning midfielders (AMs) and not DMs. So, the outcome was no surprise.

3. It could also be a lose-lose situation, if not properly managed. Abiodun is still on her growth curve and she is developing well, which is quite impressive. The biggest mistake that could be made is setting the young lady up for failure, by rushing her into a role she is a bit premature for.

BascoVanVeli:

I didn't ask u anything. I explained how wearing the band showed growth, stay with me.

Toni Payne is an attacking midfielder and Chikwelu has already been coming off the bench? We used Ajibade and Payne in the midfield and could barely get hold of the ball against Ghana. We have a player that not only can come close to their attacking ability but also be the ball winner the team needs. Seems like a win win to me.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:50am On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:
1. Like I stated earlier, it might behoove you to avail yourself on what Leadership and Growth mean, from a footballing perspective. You really seem to be conflating the two.
Being handed the captains band portrays leadership potential, not growth. Growth is the progression at becoming better in one's craft which translates into field generalship.

2. Regarding Payne and Ajibade struggling in the midfield against Ghana, that was because neither player was a defensive oriented player - both are forward leaning midfielders (AMs) and not DMs. So, the outcome was no surprise.

3. It could also be a lose-lose situation, if not properly managed. Abiodun is still on her growth curve and she is developing well, which is quite impressive. The biggest mistake that could be made is setting the young lady up for failure, by rushing her into a role she is a bit premature for.

Yeah.. Right now Randy Waldrum is gradually fitting in Regina Otu in place of Rita Chikwelu and it would be better we allow her blend well first.. the other Player i wanted to see in that position was Christy Ucheibe of Benfica FC but she seems not to have been able to honour the few call up she has gotten...

Regina Otu and Christy Ucheibe as DM
Halimatu Ayinde and Rasheedat Ajibade playing Centrally/Box-to-Box
Tony Payne and Ngozi Okobi still at the Attacking Midfield position..

Joy Bokiri still need to improve on her decision making on the pitch though she looks energetic.

Chikwelu on the verge of retirement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:02am On Nov 13, 2021
From Randy view Ashleigh Plumptre is the one she's banking on to replace Onome Ebi.

Ashleigh a Modern day Left footed Center Back have got the height, Speed, Leadership and Defensive qualities but might lack that Experience and Physical side of Africa women Football though the WSL is tough too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (1078) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: BascoVanVeli(m), daveP(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.