Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (799208 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Any of you here following up with Ashleigh Plumptre and Leicester City Women WSL games here??

I can send 99% of their match full videos here..!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:25am On Nov 13, 2021
I am in general agreement with the players you mentioned, with the exception of Ngozi Okobi. I think she is done and has nothing left in the tank. That was evidenced by her very poor performance during the ABC Invitational and I think she knows the writing is on the wall for her, as Randy seemed to have little confidence in her. Really not impressed with Joy Bokiri's recent performances.

Million naira question: Why hasn't Osare Igbinovia been given a look in?
Schemerkhiz:

Yeah.. Right now Randy Waldrum is gradually fitting in Regina Otu in place of Rita Chikwelu and it would be better we allow her blend well first.. the other Player i wanted to see in that position was Christy Ucheibe of Benfica FC but she seems not to have been able to honour the few call up she has gotten...

Regina Otu and Christy Ucheibe as DM
Halimatu Ayinde and Rasheedat Ajibade playing Centrally/Box-to-Box
Tony Payne and Ngozi Okobi still at the Attacking Midfield position..

Joy Bokiri still need to improve on her decision making on the pitch though she looks energetic.

Chikwelu on the verge of retirement.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:27am On Nov 13, 2021
Yea. They have been poor - haven't won a single game and are on the verge of being relegated.
Plumptre seems to be the one consistent performer. Hopefully, a bigger club will come knocking on the door for her during the transfer window.
Schemerkhiz:
Any of you here following up with Ashleigh Plumptre and Leicester City Women WSL games here??

I can send 99% of their match full videos here..!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:39am On Nov 13, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWT_ua-efI

Here's Paris FC vs Bordeaux FC game yesterday Night...

Chiamaka Nnadozie Superfalcons and Paris FC First Choice Goalkeeper was in action Coached by 48yrs old Ex France international Sandrine Soubeyrand. A good Midfielder in her days played against Nigeria at the 2011 FIFA Women's World Cup in Germany though was Substituted out..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:46am On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:
Yea. They have been poor - haven't won a single game and are on the verge of being relegated.
Plumptre seems to be the one consistent performer. Hopefully, a bigger club will come knocking on the door for her during the transfer window.

Bigger Clubs came knocking when they gained promotion to the WSL at the end of Last Season ( Manchester City, Everton WFC and top Clubside outside England) but she chooses to stay with her home club.

Her pairing with McManus have been great, To me the Coach need to be Changed since the result isn't coming to avoid relegation.. Moving up from the Championship to the WSL isn't an easy process..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:

If you have watched any of their games this Season do give us some hint about her performance...

She have only missed one game this season which was their first game
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:
I am in general agreement with the players you mentioned, with the exception of Ngozi Okobi. I think she is done and has nothing left in the tank. That was evidenced by her very poor performance during the ABC Invitational and I think she knows the writing is on the wall for her, as Randy seemed to have little confidence in her. Really not impressed with Joy Bokiri's recent performances.

Million naira question: Why hasn't Osare Igbinovia been given a look in?

Ngozi Okobi, Ngozi Okobi, Ngozi Okobi....

Don't think she's finished yet, her first tournament under Randy was the Aisha Buhari Cup which was below average.. She would come up soon since Tony Payne is there now let them Compete for the Single Spot...

As for Osarenoma Ogbinovia I tried follow her game early this year but she looks like someone who's off playing for now even before her mother burial took place.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:08am On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:
1. Like I stated earlier, it might behoove you to avail yourself on what Leadership and Growth mean, from a footballing perspective. You really seem to be conflating the two.
Being handed the captains band portrays leadership potential, not growth. Growth is the progression at becoming better in one's craft which translates into field generalship.

2. Regarding Payne and Ajibade struggling in the midfield against Ghana, that was because neither player was a defensive oriented player - both are forward leaning midfielders (AMs) and not DMs. So, the outcome was no surprise.

3. It could also be a lose-lose situation, if not properly managed. Abiodun is still on her growth curve and she is developing well, which is quite impressive. The biggest mistake that could be made is setting the young lady up for failure, by rushing her into a role she is a bit premature for.

U are trying to twist the most basis of statements. Was it leadership that made her play such a good game? I am saying she doesn't getting swallowed by the moment meaning she wouldn't all of a sudden disappear while playing for the super falcons. That has nothing to do with leadership.

Ur comment about Payne and Ajibade is exactly what I have been telling u. U basically are using my words but mixing them around.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:18pm On Nov 13, 2021
Chinaza Uchendu leaves Linkoping LFC

I want to thank the club, coaches, players, supporters and partners for making my time in LFC memorable, I really appreciate the time I had in the club and wish everyone the best, Thank you for everything ! , says Chinaza Uchendu.

LFC and Chinaza Uchendu have agreed not to extend the agreement until next year. Chinaza came to LFC during the summer of the 2020 season. Unfortunately, she seriously injured herself in her first appearance in LFC away against Vittsjö GIK after only a few minutes on the field.

- Chinaza is a good football player but unfortunately she did not get the opportunity to show her full potential in the club as her injury has stopped it. Chinaza has instead had to focus on rehabilitation throughout the year. Despite that, she has been a real team player and pushed her teammates in training from the side of the field and we will miss her completely unique applause that is heard all over Linköping during our home matches at Linköping Arena, says club director Frida Andersson.

We thank Chinaza for her time in the club and wish her all the best in the future!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Dude,
Unfortunately, can't help if you continuously struggle to understand the difference between leadership and growth.
Wish you all the best.
BascoVanVeli:

U are trying to twist the most basis of statements. Was it leadership that made her play such a good game? I am saying she doesn't getting swallowed by the moment meaning she wouldn't all of a sudden disappear while playing for the super falcons. That has nothing to do with leadership.

Ur comment about Payne and Ajibade is exactly what I have been telling u. U basically are using my words but mixing them around.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
AkinDS:
Dude,
Unfortunately, can't help if you continuously struggle to understand the difference between leadership and growth.
Wish you all the best.

Lol u don't have anything meaningful to say.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 2:29am On Nov 14, 2021
Actually, it has more to do with trying to have an informed discussion with someone who is unable to understand the difference between leadership and growth. And frankly speaking, I have neither the time or energy to be going back and forth on something that fundamental.
BascoVanVeli:

Lol u don't have anything meaningful to say.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2021
AkinDS:
Actually, it has more to do with trying to have an informed discussion with someone who is unable to understand the difference between leadership and growth. And frankly speaking, I have neither the time or energy to be going back and forth on something that fundamental.

U are unable to raise real points so u want to stick to the same nonsense. Have fun
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 9:30pm On Nov 14, 2021
Will beg to differ wrt Okobi.
I personally think she's done. And the writing has been on the wall, prior to Waldrum's coming.
I believe that is why she's been bench warming for some time now.

On Osarenoma, I really loved the way she manned the midfield years ago.
Had hoped she would progress into a more dominant force in the midfiueld but that didn't happen.
Sad if she has indeed taken time off from football. Wish her well.
Schemerkhiz:

Ngozi Okobi, Ngozi Okobi, Ngozi Okobi....

Don't think she's finished yet, her first tournament under Randy was the Aisha Buhari Cup which was below average.. She would come up soon since Tony Payne is there now let them Compete for the Single Spot...

As for Osarenoma Ogbinovia I tried follow her game early this year but she looks like someone who's off playing for now even before her mother burial took place.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:28pm On Nov 14, 2021
AkinDS:
Will beg to differ wrt Okobi.
I personally think she's done. And the writing has been on the wall, prior to Waldrum's coming.
I believe that is why she's been bench warming for some time now.

On Osarenoma, I really loved the way she manned the midfield years ago.
Had hoped she would progress into a more dominant force in the midfiueld but that didn't happen.
Sad if she has indeed taken time off from football. Wish her well.

She's still with Edo Queens of Benin though, but you should also know that in Nigeria here once you're Married or start having kids you will be tagged an old Player..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hassacas Ladies lead ASFAR Club by a goal to nil
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
Asfar equaliser 1-1
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:59pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hassacas won 2-1 and are into the final.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2021
Surprise Surprise the refereeing is much better all of a sudden
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mamelodi vs Malabo going to penalties
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
Hassacas vs Mamelodi in the final
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:03am On Nov 16, 2021
Ashleigh Plumptre

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:04am On Nov 16, 2021
Uchechi SUNDAY

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:07am On Nov 16, 2021
Esther Ijeoma Okoronkwo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:12am On Nov 16, 2021
Patricia George

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2021
Ifeoma Onumonu

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:52am On Nov 16, 2021
CAF Sha....

Let's see how it goes..

Host.... MOROCCO

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
CAF Sha....

Let's see how it goes..

Host.... MOROCCO
This will be the worst women's competition ever
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lakesidepapa(m): 2:04pm On Nov 16, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
CAF Sha....

Let's see how it goes..

Host.... MOROCCO

The west Africa big guns against their compatriots.., but reverse is the case for the south Africans.. it's unacceptable.,not cool at all.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 2:57pm On Nov 16, 2021
lakesidepapa:

The west Africa big guns against their compatriots.., but reverse is the case for the south Africans.. it's unacceptable.,not cool at all.

And what exactly was the west African FA president sdoing when this decision was reached. I blame them primarily.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 4:23pm On Nov 16, 2021
See Chinaza Uchendu shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2021
International women’s goalkeeper accused of being a man as Jordan FA calls for gender test on the Iranian footballer

The president of the Jordan Football Association (JFA) has called for the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to carry out a gender test on Iranian women's goalkeeper, Zohreh Koudaei.
Iran beat Jordan 4-2 on penalties in September, with Koudaei saving two spot-kicks to help her country to qualify for the 2022 Women's Asia Cup for the first time in their history.

But the JFA have doubts over the 'eligibility of a participating player,' and are demanding a gender test on the shot-stopper. They believe Koudaei was in fact a man impersonating a woman.

In response, Iran's team selector Maryam Irandoost strongly denied the allegations.
Irandoost told sports news site Varzesh3: "The medical staff have carefully examined each player on the national team in terms of hormones to avoid any problems in this regard, and so I tell all fans not to worry.

"We will provide any documentation that the Asian Confederation of Football wishes without wasting time."

It comes after the President of the Jordan Football Association, Prince Ali Bin Al-Hussein, tweeted a letter calling for a gender test.

He has slammed the AFC over the 'very serious issue,' and fumed at the confederation to 'wake up'.

The JFA have demanded an 'independent panel of medical experts' take a look at the issue.

Part of the letter reads that the JFA: "Understand that gender verification is not mandatory for participating players, however, the article reserves the right for AFC to investigate and take appropriate measures if there is a doubt on the eligibility of a participating player.

"Considering the evidence submitted by JFA and given the importance of the competition,
"We request the AFC to initiate a transparent and clear investigation by a panel of independent medical experts to investigate the eligibility of the player in question and others on the team,
"Particularly that the Iranian Women Football team has a history with gender and doping issues."

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.