Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (801539 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1071) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 2:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Another player who featured in the Aisha Buhari Cup. Rose Bella of Cameroon. For me was their best player.

What time is the game today
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
Danycrusoe:

What time is the game today

6pm naija
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 3:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

6pm naija

Thank u sir Basco
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
The first match has already started and they are in the second half. ASFAR club are losing by a goal to nil.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
Danycrusoe:

Thank u sir Basco

U are welcome
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
Vihiga Queens lead ASFAR club 2-0. So much for me saying they are the best team in the tournament. This group is blown open
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
So much for the ASFAR team being the team to beat.
Just goes to show how bad Rivers Angels were. They sucked, big time!
Wouldn't be surprised if Hassacas wins the CL and RA don't make it out of the group.
BascoVanVeli:
Vihiga Queens lead ASFAR club 2-0. So much for me saying they are the best team in the tournament. This group is blown open
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rivers Angels Line Up

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tosinn Demehin had better bring her A+ game today - her stock is really plummeting.
She was below average in the last game.
Don't know why Damilola Koku is on the bench - she and Abiodun combined superbly in the midfield.
At least, the dummy of a coach decided to bench the useless old mummy, Evelyn Nwabuoku.
Schemerkhiz:
Rivers Angels Line Up
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
AkinDS:
So much for the ASFAR team being the team to beat.
Just goes to show how bad Rivers Angels were. They sucked, big time!
Wouldn't be surprised if Hassacas wins the CL and RA don't make it out of the group.

How does that go to show anything concerning rivers angels? U are reaching, if u watched the match u would know rivers had the first 3 attempts and hit the woodwork. Even had 2 penalty shouts later on.

If the coach gets his act right I am still backing Rivers Angels to win it all. The loss could be a blessing in disguise for them and Okon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Rivers Angels Line Up

What was wrong with his head before grin more like what we were expecting except he still is picking the 15 Yr old over Ifeoma Paulinous
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Dude, you're the one who is reaching.
3 attempts and penalty shouts and hit the crossbar. I guess that counted for something as far as the score was concerned, right?
Give me a break!
The goals conceded are a reflection of the team structure and how they setup. If you have a weak spine (midfield), it impacts the whole team structure (Football 101).
Study about the dynamics of how a team is setup and then we can have an informed discussion.
BascoVanVeli:

How does that go to show anything concerning rivers angels? U are reaching, if u watched the match u would know rivers had the first 3 attempts and hit the woodwork. Even had 2 penalty shouts later on.

If the coach gets his act right I am still backing Rivers Angels to win it all. The loss could be a blessing in disguise for them and Okon.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
Morocco 2022: Waldrum reveals Nigeria’s preparation plans for Cote d’Ivoire tie

Nigeria women’s head coach Randy Waldrum has opened up on his preparation plans for the final round showdown next February with Cote d’Ivoire.
The Super Falcons bowed 1-0 to Ghana in the second leg in Accra but still progress to the second thanks to a 2-0 first leg triumph in Lagos to keep alive their title defence hopes at Morocco 2022.

With the Ivorian ruining the Nigerians’ 12-year Olympic return at Tokyo 2020 in 2019, the African champions will aim to avoid a back-to-back crash to the Elephants and the American gaffer is confident of putting up an improved side.

“We’re are still looking at some players that we would have wanted to have here for these matches were not available for various reasons,” Waldrum told SavidNews.com.

“We will get those players hopefully all done by February. We will have more depth and a stronger group with those players we are bringing in. There are also a few more internationals that we’ve wanted to see but couldn’t for various reasons.

“Hopefully, we can get some games in the November [international] break and look at these other internationals to make the team stronger. I will also be back in Nigeria to get a camp for the domestic players and take a closer look at a lot of them.

“People have complained about the age of the team but you also need to have a balance of bringing youth in but also have enough experience to get us through a match like this.

“It was really important having some senior players to see it out. I think we have the opportunity to prepare for Cote d’Ivoire and allow us to be together as a group.”

Nigeria is scheduled to host Cote d’Ivoire in the first leg in Lagos before the second round, second leg in Abidjan between 14 to 23 February 2022.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 5:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
Not sure who he is referring to, but i'm not sure which high profile player of Nigerian decent out there that is being targeted to play for the country. The likes of Onumonu, Zogg and Plumptre hopefully, should become available once their documentation is finalized by FIFA.

Also, the NFF doesn't seem to have anything lined up for our girls during the November international window.
Schemerkhiz:

...“We will get those players hopefully all done by February. We will have more depth and a stronger group with those players we are bringing in. There are also a few more internationals that we’ve wanted to see but couldn’t for various reasons.

Hopefully, we can get some games in the November [international] break and look at these other internationals to make the team stronger. I will also be back in Nigeria to get a camp for the domestic players and take a closer look at a lot of them.

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
is there a link to watch this rivers angels game.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

I believe AS FAR were better attack wise, somehow Vihiga are just good defensively, I give them that.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
AkinDS:
Dude, you're the one who is reaching.
3 attempts and penalty shouts and hit the crossbar. I guess that counted for something as far as the score was concerned, right?
Give me a break!
The goals conceded are a reflection of the team structure and how they setup. If you have a weak spine (midfield), it impacts the whole team structure (Football 101).
Study about the dynamics of how a team is setup and then we can have an informed discussion.

U are talking like someone that doesn't watch football. Would this be the first time a team was unlucky. Even the commentator just said the loss was unfair
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
That's an unfair goal to give
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
That is not a goal now. Why are they cheating like this
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
I don't know what the problem with Ifeoma Paulinus and okon is. This young girl isn't it
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Not to brag, but I am supremely confident (and willing to bet the ranch) that I have watched much MORE football than you have ever watched.
Lets just leave it at that, dude.
BascoVanVeli:

U are talking like someone that doesn't watch football. Would this be the first time a team was unlucky. Even the commentator just said the loss was unfair
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
Agree. Harsh call on RA.
But in general, officiating has been poor so far in this tournament and this call shouldn't be a surprise.
BascoVanVeli:
That is not a goal now. Why are they cheating like this
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 6:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
Any links ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Its on Beinsports connect here. Subscription.
isan:
Any links ?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
Sincerely speaking our female teams have poor play pattern of late. This team may not score in this competition. The Moroccans had a better n clear pattern same as the kenyans
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2021
This okon mad ooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
AkinDS:
Not to brag, but I am supremely confident (and willing to bet the ranch) that I have watched much MORE football than you have ever watched.
Lets just leave it at that, dude.

It's like football was the one watching u if u can make such statement
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Like I said, dude, let it be and lets move on. Cheers.
BascoVanVeli:

It's like football was the one watching u if u can make such statement
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
Danycrusoe:
Sincerely speaking our female teams have poor play pattern of late. This team may not score in this competition. The Moroccans had a better n clear pattern same as the kenyans

Honestly I was just thinking this. I don't know where the goal will come from but they need to come up with something quick
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nice one by Ezenagu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danycrusoe(m): 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly I was just thinking this. I don't know where the goal will come from but they need to come up with something quick

The last Nigerian female tean that had a beautiful play pattern to watch was Oshoala's u20 team in 2014 and the Falcons in the 2016 Awcon. Every other team has been brawn
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKMLIxCY-VU

You need a VPN to be able to use it...
Change Country location to Netherland for quick access

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (1071) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani, Banuso99 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.