Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,014 members, 7,953,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:24 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (928203 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (1179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 4:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
lovewins:

Is there a way to follow?

Checked everywhere online there seem to be no where with updates

I have also checked but don't seem to find any info
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 5:00pm On Dec 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria 1-0

Thanks bro. Final score?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
#U20WWC CAF Women's U20F Qualifying 3rd Round 1st leg

Latest score

Congo �� 0 Nigeria �� 4

Idoko
Sabastine Flourish
Onyenezide
Ajibola
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 8:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
#U20WWC CAF Women's U20F Qualifying 3rd Round 1st leg

Latest score

Congo �� 0 Nigeria �� 4

Idoko
Sabastine Flourish
Onyenezide
Ajibola

Wow... Good one girls. 2nd leg is a mere formality

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Uche....!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:30pm On Dec 05, 2021
Maclean's Chinonyerem

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
IFFHS WOMEN’S WORLD TEAM 2021

(4 – 3 – 3)

Christiane ENDLER (Chile)

Ashley LAWRENCE (Canada)

Wendie RENARD (France)

Magdalena ERIKSSON (Sweden)

Mapi LEON (Spain)

Aitana BONMATI (Spain)

Alexia PUTELLAS (Spain)

Lieke MARTENS (Netherlands)

Caroline HANSEN GRAHAM (Norway)

Samantha KERR (Australia)

Jennifer HERMOSO (Spain)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
Superfalcon 30yrs old Center Back/Right Back Osinachi Ohale...

Is her Spot in the Superfalcons under threat??

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
Ebi spot is under threat
Schemerkhiz:
Superfalcon 30yrs old Center Back/Right Back Osinachi Ohale...

Is her Spot in the Superfalcons under threat??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:07am On Dec 07, 2021
isan:
Ebi spot is under threat

Threat ke Hahaha ����

Ebi na until she retires oo
You will be surprised to see the Pair between Ebi and Ashleigh Plumptre.. Ebi moved to no.6 with Plumptre at no.5
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:38am On Dec 07, 2021
Ebi is done what do we want from her ? undecided it won't be long till she make another school boy error like she did against south africa in Aisha cup
Schemerkhiz:

Threat ke Hahaha ����

Ebi na until she retires oo
You will be surprised to see the Pair between Ebi and Ashleigh Plumptre.. Ebi moved to no.6 with Plumptre at no.5
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2021
isan:
Ebi is done what do we want from her ? undecided it won't be long till she make another school boy error like she did against south africa in Aisha cup

Let's wait and see..

Just hope the Younger ones can give her the race for that spot.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Maclean's Chinonyerem named in the Polish Women Football League team of Mid season..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CFKmkYJy7k

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
Asisat Oshoala ranked 32nd in the Guardian top 100 Women Footballer of the year 2021

The other Africa player on the list is Zambia Barbra Banda who's ranked 67th..

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2021

Who should the USWNT schedule for SheBelieves Cup?
The annual winter tournament presents an opportunity for the USWNT to schedule some different teams.

By Donald Wine II on December 7, 2021 11:12 am

The United States Women’s National Team have completed play for 2021 and are now starting to shift their focus to 2022. Next year proves to be an incredibly important year for the best team in the world, as next summer they will compete in the Concacaf W Championship, a tournament that will also serve as World Cup qualifying and Olympic qualifying.

This is also an opportunity for USWNT head coach Vlatko Andonovski to begin to incorporate some of the younger talent into the player pool in order to get them matches against quality competition to get ready for the summer. That is why the 2022 SheBelieves Cup will be important for the team to assess where they are as a team and what they will need to do to prepare for World Cup and Olympic qualification. However, the annual tournament, which normally includes some of the best teams from Europe like England, France, Germany, or Spain, will likely not have those teams:

Many of the best teams in Europe are increasingly unavailable due to Women’s Euro 2022, which will also take place this summer. However, this presents a unique opportunity for U.S. Soccer to bring in teams outside of Europe that can make for an equally competitive competition and are teams that the USWNT will see should they once again qualify for the 2023 World Cup. It is also a chance to bring in teams that USWNT fans have not seen in a while. In an effort to play the best, fans routinely see the USWNT play the same teams, and it’s good to mix it up against teams that don’t normally get the chance to play the world’s best.

Removing the 16 teams that are competing in this summer’s Women’s Euro 2022, here’s a list of some viable candidates for SheBelieves Cup, with their current FIFA world ranking (* = Number of times played since January 1, 2018):

Brazil (7)***

Australia (11)******

Japan (13)***

China (17)**

South Korea (18)****

Scotland (22)*

New Zealand (23)**

Colombia (26)**

Czech Republic (27)

Mexico (28)*******

Poland (29)

Portugal (30)****

Ukraine (31)

Republic of Ireland (33)*

Wales (34)

Argentina (35)*

Costa Rica (36)*

Chile (37)***

Nigeria (38)*

Serbia (41)

Romania (42)

Hungary (44)

Slovakia (45)

Slovenia (49)

Jamaica (51)**

Cameroon (52)

Belarus (53)

South Africa (55)

Ghana (60)

From that list, the teams fans have seen the USWNT play the most over the past 4 years are Mexico (7); Australia (6); and South Korea and Portugal (4 each). Removing those teams from the equation based on fans seeing them very often, here’s a potential set of teams for the USWNT to play when SheBelieves Cup comes around in February:

Japan

The USWNT have faced Japan 3 times since the start of 2018: 2020 SheBelieves Cup, 2019 SheBelieves Cup, and the 2018 Tournament of Nations. Each time, Japan posed a formidable challenge for the world’s top team. They’re probably the best team that doesn’t appear often on the USWNT’s schedule.

Nigeria

Nigeria has some firepower, and the USWNT have only seen them once in 4 years, a 2-0 defeat to open up Austin FC’s Q2 Stadium back in June. Nigeria is the type of team that have shaken the confidence of USWNT teams in the past, particularly in the World Cup, because they enter those competitions having never seen teams with that style of play. Plus, USWNT fans want to see the team be challenged in new ways, and Nigeria would present just the challenge the team needs to get better.

New Zealand

New Zealand is a team that the USWNT just saw in the group stage of the Olympics, but had not seen before that since 2017. Despite the 6-1 victory for the USWNT, New Zealand really frustrated the USWNT with its play. The 23rd ranked team in the world, the USWNT should want to play the Ferns more often because they have a unique style of play that will help identify where the opportunity for improvement exists.

Other potential options: Scotland, Columbia, Ireland, Ukraine, Argentina, Jamaica, Cameroon

What teams do you think would make for an interesting competition? It’s time to hit the comments and give us your preferred options for SheBelieves Cup opponents for the USWNT.

COMMENTS
None of those teams is enough of a challenge
Maaaybe Brazil or Australia, but I hope we can get at least one of England, France, Germany, Sweden, or Spain. Surely they want to play us too to warm up for Euros. Hopefully Canada will be in too.

By Timber Dave on 12.07.21 1:00pm

England is hosting their own tournament and has brought in Spain, Germany, and Canada
France is expected to have a similar tourney.

By Donald Wine II on 12.07.21 1:39pm

Starting with the headline I was gonna say Spain...
Didn’t realize so many were unavailable (makes me miss the Algarve Cup days).

By KennySeiden on 12.07.21 6:46pm

Ugh
Maybe they can beat England’s 20 goal record! Watching high paid players punch down on the overmatched and barely compensated should be stomach turning for everyone. Call England and let them know you are available for their tournament.

By KCDad on 12.07.21 9:36pm

Strongest Competition would be:
Canada
Australia
Brazil

Japan/China also would work.

By AO_Nomad on 12.08.21 1:22am

What I believe they should do vs What I think they will do
What I think they should do based on the availability of teams:
Brazil, Japan, Nigeria

My take is that you need to have some pop and Brazil provides that, but also provides interesting matchups against Japan and Nigeria.

What I think they will do:
Brazil, Australia, Scotland

I think they will take Brazil and Australia who are the best teams available and then choose the top Euro team available. Japan and South Korea are also in the mix, but I doubt they’ll take 2 Asian teams. If Canada turns out to be available, they’ll be in.

By psu1313 on 12.08.21 11:57am

Let it be a Pacific Rim and Asia tournament
Japan, Canada, Australia, and South Korea (Brazil could be an exception as the best team available). I wouldn’t want China because of human rights violations; particularly since the tournament is called the "Shebelieves Cup". However, if they want the best competion they can get, I don’t know why they wouldn’t want two Asian countries. The US is a Pacific Rim country as well as a European Basin country. In 2020, two European teams played in the tournament: Spain and England, and in 2021 two South American teams played in the tournament: Argentina and Brazil.

By CRRich on 12.08.21 5:05pm

View All Comments
Back to top ↑
Terms of Use / Privacy Notice

© 2021 Vox Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Who should the USWNT schedule for SheBelieves Cup?
The annual winter tournament presents an opportunity for the USWNT to schedule some different teams.

By Donald Wine II on December 7, 2021 11:12 am

The United States Women’s National Team have completed play for 2021 and are now starting to shift their focus to 2022. Next year proves to be an incredibly important year for the best team in the world, as next summer they will compete in the Concacaf W Championship, a tournament that will also serve as World Cup qualifying and Olympic qualifying.

This is also an opportunity for USWNT head coach Vlatko Andonovski to begin to incorporate some of the younger talent into the player pool in order to get them matches against quality competition to get ready for the summer. That is why the 2022 SheBelieves Cup will be important for the team to assess where they are as a team and what they will need to do to prepare for World Cup and Olympic qualification. However, the annual tournament, which normally includes some of the best teams from Europe like England, France, Germany, or Spain, will likely not have those teams:

Many of the best teams in Europe are increasingly unavailable due to Women’s Euro 2022, which will also take place this summer. However, this presents a unique opportunity for U.S. Soccer to bring in teams outside of Europe that can make for an equally competitive competition and are teams that the USWNT will see should they once again qualify for the 2023 World Cup. It is also a chance to bring in teams that USWNT fans have not seen in a while. In an effort to play the best, fans routinely see the USWNT play the same teams, and it’s good to mix it up against teams that don’t normally get the chance to play the world’s best.

Removing the 16 teams that are competing in this summer’s Women’s Euro 2022, here’s a list of some viable candidates for SheBelieves Cup, with their current FIFA world ranking (* = Number of times played since January 1, 2018):

Brazil (7)***

Australia (11)******

Japan (13)***

China (17)**

South Korea (18)****

Scotland (22)*

New Zealand (23)**

Colombia (26)**

Czech Republic (27)

Mexico (28)*******

Poland (29)

Portugal (30)****

Ukraine (31)

Republic of Ireland (33)*

Wales (34)

Argentina (35)*

Costa Rica (36)*

Chile (37)***

Nigeria (38)*

Serbia (41)

Romania (42)

Hungary (44)

Slovakia (45)

Slovenia (49)

Jamaica (51)**

Cameroon (52)

Belarus (53)

South Africa (55)

Ghana (60)

From that list, the teams fans have seen the USWNT play the most over the past 4 years are Mexico (7); Australia (6); and South Korea and Portugal (4 each). Removing those teams from the equation based on fans seeing them very often, here’s a potential set of teams for the USWNT to play when SheBelieves Cup comes around in February:

Japan

The USWNT have faced Japan 3 times since the start of 2018: 2020 SheBelieves Cup, 2019 SheBelieves Cup, and the 2018 Tournament of Nations. Each time, Japan posed a formidable challenge for the world’s top team. They’re probably the best team that doesn’t appear often on the USWNT’s schedule.

Nigeria

Nigeria has some firepower, and the USWNT have only seen them once in 4 years, a 2-0 defeat to open up Austin FC’s Q2 Stadium back in June. Nigeria is the type of team that have shaken the confidence of USWNT teams in the past, particularly in the World Cup, because they enter those competitions having never seen teams with that style of play. Plus, USWNT fans want to see the team be challenged in new ways, and Nigeria would present just the challenge the team needs to get better.

New Zealand

New Zealand is a team that the USWNT just saw in the group stage of the Olympics, but had not seen before that since 2017. Despite the 6-1 victory for the USWNT, New Zealand really frustrated the USWNT with its play. The 23rd ranked team in the world, the USWNT should want to play the Ferns more often because they have a unique style of play that will help identify where the opportunity for improvement exists.

Other potential options: Scotland, Columbia, Ireland, Ukraine, Argentina, Jamaica, Cameroon

What teams do you think would make for an interesting competition? It’s time to hit the comments and give us your preferred options for SheBelieves Cup opponents for the USWNT.

COMMENTS
None of those teams is enough of a challenge
Maaaybe Brazil or Australia, but I hope we can get at least one of England, France, Germany, Sweden, or Spain. Surely they want to play us too to warm up for Euros. Hopefully Canada will be in too.

By Timber Dave on 12.07.21 1:00pm

England is hosting their own tournament and has brought in Spain, Germany, and Canada
France is expected to have a similar tourney.

By Donald Wine II on 12.07.21 1:39pm

Starting with the headline I was gonna say Spain...
Didn’t realize so many were unavailable (makes me miss the Algarve Cup days).

By KennySeiden on 12.07.21 6:46pm

Ugh
Maybe they can beat England’s 20 goal record! Watching high paid players punch down on the overmatched and barely compensated should be stomach turning for everyone. Call England and let them know you are available for their tournament.

By KCDad on 12.07.21 9:36pm

Strongest Competition would be:
Canada
Australia
Brazil

Japan/China also would work.

By AO_Nomad on 12.08.21 1:22am

What I believe they should do vs What I think they will do
What I think they should do based on the availability of teams:
Brazil, Japan, Nigeria

My take is that you need to have some pop and Brazil provides that, but also provides interesting matchups against Japan and Nigeria.

What I think they will do:
Brazil, Australia, Scotland

I think they will take Brazil and Australia who are the best teams available and then choose the top Euro team available. Japan and South Korea are also in the mix, but I doubt they’ll take 2 Asian teams. If Canada turns out to be available, they’ll be in.

By psu1313 on 12.08.21 11:57am

Let it be a Pacific Rim and Asia tournament
Japan, Canada, Australia, and South Korea (Brazil could be an exception as the best team available). I wouldn’t want China because of human rights violations; particularly since the tournament is called the "Shebelieves Cup". However, if they want the best competion they can get, I don’t know why they wouldn’t want two Asian countries. The US is a Pacific Rim country as well as a European Basin country. In 2020, two European teams played in the tournament: Spain and England, and in 2021 two South American teams played in the tournament: Argentina and Brazil.

By CRRich on 12.08.21 5:05pm

View All Comments
Back to top ↑
Terms of Use / Privacy Notice

© 2021 Vox Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved

Would be nice is the falcons are invited. We need all the competitions we can get.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
Maclean's Chinonyerem currently Leading the Goal Scorers chart in Poland

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2021
Nigeria Superfalcons drops 3 places in New FIFA Ranking...

Why why
I'm wondering why we keep going down. This is the lowest ranking the Superfalcons have attained.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 11:51am On Dec 10, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Nigeria Superfalcons drops 3 places in New FIFA Ranking...

Why why
I'm wondering why we keep going down. This is the lowest ranking the Superfalcons have attained.
Well deserved though. Remember FIFA president himself watched the Aisha Buhari cup opener against Mali coupled with losses to lower ranked teams such as Ghana and South Africa.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 9:53am On Dec 13, 2021
IFFHS WOMEN's CONTINENTAL AWARDS 2021 - CAF
Dec 13, 2021 IFFHS News

ASISAT OSHOALA , WOMEN'S BEST PLAYER IN CAF 2021 BY IFFHS

BEST NATIONAL COACH :

Bruce MWAPE (Zambia)

BEST CLUB COACH :

Yusif BASIGI (Ghana/Hasaacas Ladies FC)

BEST PLAYMAKER and BEST YOUTH PLAYER (U20) :

Evelyn BADU (Ghana/HasaacasLadies FC)

BEST GOALKEEPER :

Chiamaka NNADOZIE (Nigeria/Paris FC)

BEST REFEREE :

Bernadette KWIMBIRA (Malawi)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2021
FIFA no put oshoala for their best 23 female player nah oguenne of cameroon make their list grin fifa don mental no way that girl was better than oshoala last year or this year
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:13am On Dec 15, 2021
isan:
FIFA no put oshoala for their best 23 female player nah oguenne of cameroon make their list grin fifa don mental no way that girl was better than oshoala last year or this year

The nomination and voting was done by the Players themselves, they chose who they want. It's all about their choice it's not an based on100% Legitimate vote.

We don't have to complain because there are over 10players who are supposed to make the list that didn't...

Canadian Goalkeeper Stephanie Labbé, Ashley Lawrence.
Swedish Blackstenieus
Spanish Sandra Panos, Mapi Leon, Jennifer Hermaso
Dutch Lieke Martens
English Fran Kirby..

IFFHS is more of a verified award than CAF, Balon d or and FIFA Pro IV because they award based on statistics than popularity or majority

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 11:39am On Dec 15, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

The nomination and voting was done by the Players themselves, they chose who they want. It's all about their choice it's not an based on100% Legitimate vote.

We don't have to complain because there are over 10players who are supposed to make the list that didn't...

Canadian Goalkeeper Stephanie Labbé, Ashley Lawrence.
Swedish Blackstenieus
Spanish Sandra Panos, Mapi Leon, Jennifer Hermaso
Dutch Lieke Martens
English Fran Kirby..

IFFHS is more of a verified award than CAF, Balon d or and FIFA Pro IV because they award based on statistics than popularity or majority
Aptly put. I lost interest in FIFA awards for this same reason. It's more like a popularity contest for who is most impressionable. Football is a team sport, always has been and always will be.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:52am On Dec 15, 2021
lovewins:

Aptly put. I lost interest in FIFA awards for this same reason. It's more like a popularity contest for who is most impressionable. Football is a team sport, always has been and always will be.

As it stands, if you're my friend I believe I would give you my votes instead to another player!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

As it stands, if you're my friend I believe I would give you my votes instead to another player!

Exactly. It's just ridiculous. I stopped caring about the award in 2010. To think Arsene Wenger warned against this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2021
Patricia George.... Sc Sand utility player.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
Onyinyechi Zogg depart AS Soyaux!

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Schemerkhiz:
Onyinyechi Zogg depart AS Soyaux!

To a new club?

Where now?

She just arrived this season
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2021
lovewins:

To a new club?

Where now?

She just arrived this season

Don't know yet..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:59am On Dec 17, 2021
Superfalcon Israel based Goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2021
Asisat Oshoala has resumed individual training

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:55pm On Dec 17, 2021
Uganda eliminate South Africa from U20 Women's World Cup qualifiers..

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (1179) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.