Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (800198 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1070) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by jieta: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
lovewins:

This will probably be the last time I engage you. The beauty of platforms like this is we can have differing views, but we have the opportunity to debate them. At th crux of it, we know we all want a better football house and a better Nigeria. But when you engage with pedestrian comments like this, when you could just have aired you contrary view, it shows the kind of person you her really.

Like I said, last time I'll be engaging you, not worth the time.
Was it not amaju pinnick tenure where the super falcons won the afcon instead of been given there bonuses this the same pinnick and his co travellers deprived them of it thus resulting to them protest to the national assembly where Abba kyari the late chief of staff to buhari asked them to write there grievance on a sheet of paper which he promised the government will ascent to in lest than a week.

Amaju should step down if his tenure is complete, he should go to caf and FIFA and make us proud. The last time we have good representative there was when we had Amos adamu, he has contributed his quota to Nigeria he should move higher.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2022
Do you expect the whole team to come out and speak ? Oshoala and Ebi are the most senior member of the team i believe the team has chosen them to be their voice.....in case of Nigeria you talk about earlier if we really objective metric to judge our leaders who do you think is better Jonathan or buhari ? Do you think any incoming president will have it better ?
lovewins:

Don't say "they". Only 2 members of the team have allegedly come out to support Amaju's 3rd term bid, Asisat and Onome and one can say it is simply for selfish reasons. It's like saying Ahmed Musa supporting Amaju is reflective of the stance of the entire super eagles squad. Most of these girls do not even want to get involved with the politics of the NFF, it's none of their business quite frankly. They just want an environment where they can thrive and succeed.

Also, if you read my earlier comment, you'll notice the crux of my argument is that there be an objective metric to judge administrators. Of course things have been relatively better for the girls the last couple of year, but again better is relative when what you are comparing it with is the absolute worse. For someone who lives on the street, a one room apartment in the slum is better, but still not reflective of the standard befitting of any human. That's my point
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:15pm On Jul 29, 2022
LOL not a PR stunt they are serious with it
Danielnino00:

So you're telling me that the girl's endorsement of Pinnick was so genuine that they staged a protest by boycotting training a few days after..
LoL..Na PR stunt my guy...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:20pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
Didn't they play like 12 top friendlies last year ? Lol grin the girls don't want pinnick to leave because they don't know if next president will abandon them or not

Did all these friendlies come for free? Or didn't the NFF get paid for it?
Pinnick is a smart businessman,I'll give him that..He has used the super eagles and super falcons brand quite well.. But has all the revenue gotten from the team brand translated to better welfare of the players? The issues of being owed bonuses and allowance is still there. And the worse of it is the appointment of coaches..
Take for instance, Christopher Danjuma lead the falconets to their worse performance even in a FIFA women u-20 world cup ever, but was promptly given the super falcons interim coach job...what's the sense in that? Not to mention the unjust sacking of Florence Omagbemi...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 12:21pm On Jul 29, 2022
lovewins:

If there's anything I have commended the current administration for, it's been the high quality friendly games the girls have played the last 2 years. Which is why I have asked a number of times here if these friendlies are a product of Randy's influence or in spite of him. You'll notice most of these friendlies started when Randy became coach.

It's worth noting however that these friendlies won't count for much if the coach is deficient.
.....share the same view as regards the coach....
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:22pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
LOL not a PR stunt they are serious with it

It's a sure PR stunt..
Ahmed Musa recently said in an interview that he would support Pinnick for a third term bid becaye according to him Pinnick was highly influential in keeping him in the national team citing the 2018 world cup as an example..No be PR stunt be that?
Again, how many of the players even publicly declared their support for him? No be Oshoala and Ebi?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2022
If pinnick NFF are getting paid for friendlies why didn't former NFF organized more friendlies for falcons ? Or they didn't like the money ?
Danielnino00:

Did all these friendlies come for free? Or didn't the NFF get paid for it?
Pinnick is a smart businessman,I'll give him that..He has used the super eagles and super falcons brand quite well.. But has all the revenue gotten from the team brand translated to better welfare of the players? The issues of being owed bonuses and allowance is still there. And the worse of it is the appointment of coaches..
Take for instance, Christopher Danjuma lead the falconets to their worse performance even in a FIFA women u-20 world cup ever, but was promptly given the super falcons interim coach job...what's the sense in that? Not to mention the unjust sacking of Florence Omagbemi...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2022
Oshoala and Ebi are the voices of the team ....do you want alozie and plumptre to come out and talk
Danielnino00:

It's a sure PR stunt..
Ahmed Musa recently said in an interview that he would support Pinnick for a third term bid becaye according to him Pinnick was highly influential in keeping him in the national team citing the 2018 world cup as an example..No be PR stunt be that?
Again, how many of the players even publicly declared their support for him? No be Oshoala and Ebi?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
If pinnick NFF are getting paid for friendlies why didn't former NFF organized more friendlies for falcons ? Or they didn't like the money ?

They aren't smart businessmen like Pinnick... Plus they were getting paid by the government..

Like I've said before, Pinnick has done a good job in branding the team.. There's a lot of sponsorship deals on ground that's fetching money... The real issue is that all these finance hasn't translated to better welfare of the players...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
Oshoala and Ebi are the voices of the team ....do you want alozie and plumptre to come out and talk

Are their voices bigger than that of Chikwelu, Oluehi,Okobi, Ayinde and Ohale who are also long term members of the team? Isn't Plumptree allegedly the vice captain? so she doesn't have a voice too?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:55pm On Jul 29, 2022
Oshoala is the biggest star in the team and the most popular Ebi is the captain, all the name you mentioned below doesn't have a voice to heard and plumptre just joined the team like yesterday she definitely shouldn't be talking
Danielnino00:

Are their voices bigger than that of Chikwelu, Oluehi,Okobi, Ayinde and Ohale who are also long term members of the team? Isn't Plumptree allegedly the vice captain? so she doesn't have a voice too?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2022
The sponsorships money is never going to be enough and the sports minister isn't helping matter look at what he did to basketball
Danielnino00:

They aren't smart businessmen like Pinnick... Plus they were getting paid by the government..

Like I've said before, Pinnick has done a good job in branding the team.. There's a lot of sponsorship deals on ground that's fetching money... The real issue is that all these finance hasn't translated to better welfare of the players...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
Do you expect the whole team to come out and speak ? Oshoala and Ebi are the most senior member of the team i believe the team has chosen them to be their voice.....in case of Nigeria you talk about earlier if we really objective metric to judge our leaders who do you think is better Jonathan or buhari ? Do you think any incoming president will have it better ?

Ebi falls under rh category of "most senior member" but Oshoala doesn't. She of course is the most successful and a former captain. You said "you believe", again that's conjecture. Speaking for the team only relates to matters that concern the team and nothing more. Oshoala and Onome obviously will support Pinnick's bid for selfish reasons, that isn't reflective of the team's position. For then to even give a public statement shows you how desperate Pinnick is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:04pm On Jul 29, 2022
Danielnino00:

Point of Correction, Ashleigh Plumptre is not the Vice Captain of the Superfalcons....

Fransisca Ordega is the Vice Captain, right from Asisat Oshoala tenure till date...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2022
Oshoala is the greatest ever her voice hold more water than any member of the squad
lovewins:

Ebi falls under rh category of "most senior member" but Oshoala doesn't. She of course is the most successful and a former captain. You said "you believe", again that's conjecture. Speaking for the team only relates to matters that concern the team and nothing more. Oshoala and Onome obviously will support Pinnick's bid for selfish reasons, that isn't reflective of the team's position. For then to even give a public statement shows you how desperate Pinnick is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
The sponsorships money is never going to be enough and the sports minister isn't helping matter look at what he did to basketball

You can blame Sunday Dare for many things, but interference in the NFF isn't one of them. He has largely allowed Pinnick do whatever he wants, the only time it could be said he interfered was in the appointment of Peseiro and Pinnick still had his way. As per the finances of the NFF it is entirely on Pinnick's control. Don't forget, he still has some EFCC cases to answer. When those in Ask Rock are ready for him to give account, they'll open the book for him.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:06pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
Oshoala is the greatest ever her voice hold more water than any member of the squad

Holds more water where exactly
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:07pm On Jul 29, 2022
They are not fighting for selfish reason they are fighting for super falcons
lovewins:

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2022
To get money from federal government pinnick needs to pass through sunday dare ... that's where Sunday dey knack pinnick akpako for head because when coach and players are owed it is pinnick Nigerians will drag
lovewins:

You can blame Sunday Dare for many things, but interference in the NFF isn't one of them. He has largely allowed Pinnick do whatever he wants, the only time it could be said he interfered was in the appointment of Peseiro and Pinnick still had his way. As per the finances of the NFF it is entirely on Pinnick's control. Don't forget, he still has some EFCC cases to answer. When those in Ask Rock are ready for him to give account, they'll open the book for him.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
They are not fighting for selfish reason they are fighting for super falcons

Lol

When the time came for the team to take a stand years ago after they all agreed on a position, didn't they abandon Oparanozie? Wasn't Asisat a direct beneficiary of Oparanozie being stripped of her captaincy and iced from the team?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she's evil or even worked with the administration, I'm just saying her passivity made sure she benefited from it. It's like the case of those who stood with Abiola during the 1993 election, but later got appointments in the Abacha regime. They are guilty by association.

Truth is, Onome is guaranteed a place in the team as long as Amaju is NFF chairman just like Musa is in the Super Eagles. So they'll do everything they can to ensure he remains, at least until they are ready to retire.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2022
She's the best to ever do it in continent of Africa and you think that count for nothing ?
lovewins:

Holds more water where exactly
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
She's the best to ever do it in continent of Africa and you think that count for nothing ?

Who has disputed her being the best? I even mentioned it. But it isn't the same as being an influential voice in certain quarters? That's why I asked a question, where exactly does her voice hold water? Glass House? Also Rock? Social Media?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by lovewins: 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
To get money from federal government pinnick needs to pass through sunday dare ... that's where Sunday dey knack pinnick akpako for head because when coach and players are owed it is pinnick Nigerians will drag

And has he ever complained about not getting money from the ministry before? It was reported in several places that the challenges experienced in Morocco was as a result of the NFF putting in a late request. They apparently wrote fro funds 2 weeks to the competition. If you understand the bottlenecks and the bureaucracy our system is inundated with, it was negligent of them to have waited 2 weeks to make that request.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2022
So why was Asisat stripped while pinnick is still president if she's really fighting for herself ? why didn't pinnick ordered the coach to give the band to Asisat since you believe pinnick control everything......and who would have in place of Ebi in the team ? her direct replacement is still with the u20
lovewins:

Lol

When the time came for the team to take a stand years ago after they all agreed on a position, didn't they abandon Oparanozie? Wasn't Asisat a direct beneficiary of Oparanozie being stripped of her captaincy and iced from the team?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she's evil or even worked with the administration, I'm just saying her passivity made sure she benefited from it. It's like the case of those who stood with Abiola during the 1993 election, but later got appointments in the Abacha regime. They are guilty by association.

Truth is, Onome is guaranteed a place in the team as long as Amaju is NFF chairman just like Musa is in the Super Eagles. So they'll do everything they can to ensure he remains, at least until they are ready to retire.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2022
It's all politics Nigeria media follows the highest bidder , pinnick is allegedly PDP while sunday is APC there's no way they will allow pinnick to be successful
lovewins:

And has he ever complained about not getting money from the ministry before? It was reported in several places that the challenges experienced in Morocco was as a result of the NFF putting in a late request. They apparently wrote fro funds 2 weeks to the competition. If you understand the bottlenecks and the bureaucracy our system is inundated with, it was negligent of them to have waited 2 weeks to make that request.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2022
With the Current Superfalcons Squad going with the year they join the team this is the top 10 senior players

Players who have played Under Randy Waldrum

•Onome Ebi 2002/2003
•Faith Ikidi Michael 2003
•Rita Chikwelu 2006
•Tochukwu Oluehi 2006
•Osinachi Ohale 2010
•Desire Oparanozie 2010
•Fransisca Ordega 2010
•Ngozi Okobi 2010
•Asisat Oshoala 2013
•Halimatu Ayinde.... 2014

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
So why was Asisat stripped while pinnick is still president if she's really fighting for herself ? why didn't pinnick ordered the coach to give the band to Asisat since you believe pinnick control everything......and who would have in place of Ebi in the team ? her direct replacement is still with the u20

Ashleigh Plumptre was in brought in as a Successor to Onome Ebi position but Onome never ready to retire until after 2023 World Cup...

That 6th World Cup record is a Must ooooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2022
You can't tell a player to retire just because she's old , if she's not good enough the coach should stop calling her
Schemerkhiz:

Ashleigh Plumptre was in brought in as a Successor to Onome Ebi position but Onome never ready to retire until after 2023 World Cup...

That 6th World Cup record is a Must ooooo
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2022
Well as far as the falcons goes she's the biggest voice that's what I'm telling you
lovewins:

Who has disputed her being the best? I even mentioned it. But it isn't the same as being an influential voice in certain quarters? That's why I asked a question, where exactly does her voice hold water? Glass House? Also Rock? Social Media?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:

Sponsorship money never enough?
The NFF has sponsorship deals with Aiteo, MTN, coca-cola, premirr lotto, 33 lager, Amstel Malta, and a few others... in 2018, Pinnick admitted that the sponsorship deals were worth around $50m. Then you add the monies gotten for qualifying and winning various tournaments from FIFA and CAF,and then federal government funding....

The money isn't insufficient, managing it is..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 1:32pm On Jul 29, 2022
isan:
Oshoala is the biggest star in the team and the most popular Ebi is the captain, all the name you mentioned below doesn't have a voice to heard and plumptre just joined the team like yesterday she definitely shouldn't be talking

See what you wrote.. It's like saying Osimhen or Ndidi are the biggest voices in the super eagles because according to the evidence, they are the biggest international stars in the team...

FYI, players like Okobi, Ohale, Ayinde and Oluehi have been part of the national team set up for longer than Oshoala.. It's laughable to say their voice isn't loud enough..

Again, was it not on this same thread that some of us were of the opinion that Oshoala was off form for the super falcons.. I mean, for the past few years how effective has she been?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2022
It's not like you have proof of these guys actually paying NFF all this money
Danielnino00:

Sponsorship money never enough?
The NFF has sponsorship deals with Aiteo, MTN, coca-cola, premirr lotto, 33 lager, Amstel Malta, and a few others... in 2018, Pinnick admitted that the sponsorship deals were worth around $50m. Then you add the monies gotten for qualifying and winning various tournaments from FIFA and CAF,and then federal government funding....

The money isn't insufficient, managing it is..

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (1070) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.