Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796524 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2018
Our starting XI Vs Asec Mimosas Tochukwu Oluehi (G) Osinachi Ohale Ngozi Ebere Ugochi Emenayo Onome Ebi Amarachi Okoronkwo Asisat Oshoala Halimat Ayinde Desire Oparanozie Chinwendu Ihezuo Chinaza Uchendu Head Coach: Thomas Dennerby

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2018
Our starting XI Vs Asec Mimosas Tochukwu Oluehi (G) Osinachi Ohale Ngozi Ebere Ugochi Emenayo Onome Ebi Amarachi Okoronkwo Asisat Oshoala Halimat Ayinde Desire Oparanozie Chinwendu Ihezuo Chinaza Uchendu Head Coach: Thomas Dennerby

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2018

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2018

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
Updates: HT' Nigeria WNT 1-2 Asec Mimosas U16 #Friendly #Abidjan
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
45' Second half back up and running! Nigeria WNT 1-2 Asec Mimosas
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
49' Goalkeeper Christy Ohiaeriaku down and recieving treatment Nigeria WNT 1-2 Asec Mimosas
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
65' Goal! Nigeria WNT 1-3 Asec Mimosas U16 - The home boys finally scored the third of the match, having being denied on several occasions after the restart by impressive goalkeeper Ohiarieaku
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
70' Nigeria WNT 1-3 Asec Mimosas
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
FT' Nigeria WNT 1-3 Asec Mimosas - The Super Falcons suffered their second defeat on the bounce in the pre- #AWCON2018 tournament test-match after losing to the Asec Academy Boys in Abidjan on Friday.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2018
The defeat is coming eight days after they lost 3-2 to Dominion Hotspur in their first friendly during their camping in Epe. Thomas Dennerby's side will be hoping to pick up the pieces and end their Abidjan camping on the high in the final warm-up game on Sunday
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
Second half XI against Asec Mimosas U16 in
#Abidjan #friendly Christy Ohiaeriaku (GK) Sarah Nnodim Faith Ikidi-Michael Glory Ogbonna Josephine Chukwunonye Rita Chikwelu (AC) Sonia Okobi Rasheedat Ajibade Anam Imo Francisca Ordega Ogonna Chukwudi
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by khunz: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2018
@Shemerkhiz

Great job,thanks for the update.

Hopefully ,this should be their last friendly against the opposite sex. We can't afford any injury now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
Our fitness level is not high. We should be holding out U16 boys at this level of preparation. I just hope this coach knows how big the task ahead is.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2018
Updates:
Asisat Oshoala first half strike turned out the Super Falcons consolation goal in the 3-1 friendly defeat at the hands of Asec Mimosas U16 Academy Boys at the Sol Beni Stadium, Abidjan on Friday
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 8:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
j64real:
please guys what happened to Jonathan our last nation's cup keeper?

I do not really know her current form but I always feel better when she is the goal. She was excellent two years ago. I even think she singularly won the competition
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
Duru1:
Goalkeepers: Onyinyechukwu, Nnadozie, Ohiaeriaku

Defenders: Glory Ogbonna, Ugochi Emenayo, Sarah Nnodim, Ngozi Ebere, Faith Michael, Onome Ebi/Chidinma Okeke, Osinachi Ohale/Chidinma Okeke, Josephine Chukwunonye/Opayemi Sunday.

Midfielders: Osarenoma Igbinovia, Amarachi Okoronkwo, Ngozi Okobi, Rita Chikwelu, Halimat Ayinde/Esther Sunday, Ogonna Chukwudi/Peace Efih

Strikers: Courtney Dike/Chinaza Uchendu, Uchechi Sunday, Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie, Chinwendu Ihezuo.

I actually think Courtney Dike is overrated by the fans. I do not think she is better than any of the strikers in the team.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2018
FIFA, in order to further promote the women's game, should replace the Confederations cup with a FIFA Women's confederations cup tournament.

It could be a 12-16 team event that would be held in odd-numbered years immediately preceding the senior men's world cup.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 2:20am On Nov 10, 2018
isan:
do u expect foreign coaches to play Brazilians? undecidedwe hired foreign coach because of our failure on world stage

The above post is typical African and without any meaningful approach to the issue. Any coach must work to earn his/her money. If foreign coach has to field players already used and failed by the Nigerian coaches, one wonder why the foreign coach.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 2:24am On Nov 10, 2018
lakesidepapa:

That's the best they can do. don't expect them to field inexperienced and unexposed players. if u look at the array of the players, they are mixture of experience and young talent players

How would the inexperienced and unexposed players get exposed and experienced when foreign coach is fielding failed and tired legs? Any Nigerian coach could have done better than this Thomas of Sweden.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 2:34am On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

I actually think Courtney Dike is overrated by the fans. I do not think she is better than any of the strikers in the team.

All things being equal, I shall not select Anam Imo and Rasheedat Ajibade over Courtney Dike. The colligate competition in USA is more advanced than Nigerian women league.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:29am On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

I do not really know her current form but I always feel better when she is the goal. She was excellent two years ago. I even think she singularly won the competition
After resuming for camp with her Bayelsa Queen teammates, they went to play League game, the coaches told them to just stay back that they shouldn't bother coming back to continue training for the AWCON... They even pleaded that they won't go for any league game again but coach Thomas refused.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2018
Duru1:

All things being equal, I shall not select Anam Imo and Rasheedat Ajibade over Courtney Dike. The colligate competition in USA is more advanced than Nigerian women league.

I have not really followed the two, but I was surprised Ogonna Chukwudi was dropped. In her days in 2011, she was good and I have read she maintains a regular shirt in her club.

However, you may be right because the last Falconets team where this two featured was a wash.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

After resuming for camp with her Bayelsa Queen teammates, they went to play League game, the coaches told them to just stay back that they shouldn't bother coming back to continue training for the AWCON... They even pleaded that they won't go for any league game again but coach Thomas refused.

Such a pity. Did he ask her not to play in the league? He also did not use her against France. I feel he should give her a chance to prove herself unless she was outright disobedient.

The two occasions she played (under 20-2010 and CAF 2016,) she made significant differences
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:31am On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

I have not really followed the two, but I was surprised Ogonna Chukwudi was dropped. In her days in 2011, she was good and I have read she maintains a regular shirt in her club.

However, you may be right because the last Falconets team where this two featured was a wash.
l don't think that coach really knows what he's doing, he may be an experienced coach but he doesn't know these players the way he should. Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam lmo are average at best.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

Such a pity. Did he ask her not to play in the league? He also did not use her against France. I feel he should give her a chance to prove herself unless she was outright disobedient.

The two occasions she played (under 20-2010 and CAF 2016,) she made significant differences
Alaba Jonathan almost single handedly won that 2016 tournament for us.
Ugo Njoku was also a gem, her charisma, confidence and demeanour when on the ball was quiet arousing, a delight to watch.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Alaba Jonathan almost single handedly won that 2016 tournament for us.
Ugo Njoku was also a gem, her charisma, confidence and demeanour when on the ball was quiet arousing, a delight to watch.

Totally agree. Alaba is very composed. My problem is, were these two invited to camp. The truth is, the team list is ver solid actually, apart from one or two. But I doubt any of the three keepers are as composed as she is. If she had competed and lost out it will be different.

Ugo Njoku is good, though I feel she is a bit too rough
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 9:08am On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

Totally agree. Alaba is very composed. My problem is, were these two invited to camp. The truth is, the team list is ver solid actually, apart from one or two. But I doubt any of the three keepers are as composed as she is. If she had competed and lost out it will be different.

Ugo Njoku may be rough but her attacking moves down that right flank gives a lot of options and is what I'm most interested in about her game.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l don't think that coach really knows what he's doing, he may be an experienced coach but he doesn't know these players the way he should. Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam lmo are average at best.
Anam IMO is not good enough for the Superfalcon team yet... she made the team because one of our coach chose to include her because of their own interests....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:18pm On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

The only goalkeeper that can trouble Alaba Jonathan for a starting spot in that team is Tochukwu Oluehi who is the most experienced among them all..
But I believe Alaba will be available for World Cup selections.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

Alaba wasn't available for the game against France. she was still playing in Israel then...
But she was the second choice behind Tochi during the AWCON qualifiers.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 12:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Courtney dike didn't even show up in camp
Duru1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: dodobytes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.