Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,996 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (796550 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1069) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Anam IMO is not good enough for the Superfalcon team yet... she made the team because one of our coach chose to include her because of their own interests....

I don't agree with that. Anam is a good striker but Danjuma knows why he stopped playing her as one. She was even leading the league in goals at a point this season

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 1:38pm On Nov 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

I don't agree with that. Anam is a good striker but Danjuma knows why he stopped playing her as one. She was even leading the league in goals at a point this season
Hummm... I will repeat it again, she isn't supposed to make this team. I personally watch most of this girls play, Alice Ogebe, chioma Wogu are better options but she was chosen for a reason best known to who did...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 2:02pm On Nov 10, 2018
naijaseeker:

I have not really followed the two, but I was surprised Ogonna Chukwudi was dropped. In her days in 2011, she was good and I have read she maintains a regular shirt in her club.

However, you may be right because the last Falconets team where this two featured was a wash.

I shall not begin to wish anything for Super Falcons but I am not comfortable with the selection of Rasheedat Ajibade. It appears she carries her bad luck. If I am not confused, she has previously featured for the Super Falcons and it was a disaster. Every U17 and U20 team she is a member or captained had flopped. In fact, I do not see any reason for her inclusion. The issue I have with Anam Imo is waiting for the ball to roll to her hence display of laziness.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l don't think that coach really knows what he's doing, he may be an experienced coach but he doesn't know these players the way he should. Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam lmo are average at best.

In all ramification of soccer, I should say below average at best.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 2:21pm On Nov 10, 2018
Duru1:

In all ramification of soccer, I should say below average at best.
Your definition of average is suspect. Of her agemates in Africa, Ajibade will be top 3. In the world, she'll be top 20 max. Thats not average in any way.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
olapluto:

Your definition of average is suspect. Of her agemates in Africa, Ajibade will be top 3. In the world, she'll be top 20 max. Thats not average in any way.

Every opinion is suspect. She has played in every age grade team from Nigeria yet no cup or a win worthy of remembrance.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 2:53pm On Nov 10, 2018
olapluto:

Ajibade is not a bad player at all, but she hasn't been that spectacular, in terms of bringing in something extra ordinary when needed, she is still young but for now in my eyes, she doesn't come across to me as one in the class of Mercy Akide, Perpetua Nkwocha, or even Desire Oparanozie and Asissat Oshoala, time would tell though.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Ajibade is not a bad player at all, but she hasn't been that spectacular, in terms of bringing in something extra ordinary when needed, she is still young but for now in my eyes, she doesn't come across to me as one in the class of Mercy Akide, Perpetua Nkwocha, or even Desire Oparanozie and Asissat Oshoala, time would tell though.
Talking about players that brings about something ordinary to a team.. Ngozi Okobi is an Example of one of them. she is technically gifted, she initiate attack easily and have that ability to distribute that defense splitting passes and pull out..
I think she is the most skillful player in the Superfalcons setup.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 3:20pm On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Talking about players that brings about something ordinary to a team.. Ngozi Okobi is an Example of one of them. she is technically gifted, she initiate attack easily and have that ability to distribute that defense splitting passes and pull out..
l also look forward to seeing lhezuo who on her day oozes class but could loose concentration sometimes.
Chinanza Uchendu is also a good addition. We have experience in defence, but we do not have a Makelele kind of midfielder to shield our old legs in defence especially against the pacy South Africans.
Zambians are also pacy but they shouldn't give us worries for now because they are still highly inexperienced. Equatorial Guinea shouldn't be a problem if we are in order.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Hummm... I will repeat it again, she isn't supposed to make this team. I personally watch most of this girls play, Alice Ogebe, chioma Wogu are better options but she was chosen for a reason best known to who did...

Chioma Wogu is a winger and I don't think she is better than the ones on Rivers united. Anam can play both positions but she is a better striker
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
did they all those matches because of ajibade? Ajibade is the best player in Nigeria league so she's always going to make the list u don't know better than the coach
Duru1:

I shall not begin to wish anything for Super Falcons but I am not comfortable with the selection of Rasheedat Ajibade. It appears she carries her bad luck. If I am not confused, she has previously featured for the Super Falcons and it was a disaster. Every U17 and U20 team she is a member or captained had flopped. In fact, I do not see any reason for her inclusion. The issue I have with Anam Imo is waiting for the ball to roll to her hence display of laziness.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Bro, on her day, Ajibade is unplayable. I think she's well on the path to be greater than Oshoala. Asisat has pace, added to her skills. Ajibade plays with a lot of intelligence, much higher than her age.
I watched Oshoala when she was at U17 and was playing as a defensive/central midfielder. Her touches then were so magnificent. Ajibade is like that too. I think coaches have not exploited her best position. At U20 last time, she was often isolated and had to do too much. At the previous U20, she was unplayable.

Put that girl in the hands of a decent coach, and watch her blow.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 3:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Okobi is a gift. We are lucky in Nigeria because we have a solid production line. I can already name 5 or so players who can start challenging Okobi for her position in 2 years time.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 4:17pm On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

Ngozi Okobi is perhaps the major play maker in that team at the moment, she is lightweight but makes up for it with her spectacular football sense.
Captain Rita Chikwelu may be old and lacking in pace but she's another who brings in that creativity.
l would suggest tho that Okobi play that role against the South Africans( the fastest team in this tournament) while Rita comes in much later.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

l also look forward to seeing lhezuo who on her day oozes class but could loose concentration sometimes.
Chinanza Uchendu is also a good addition. We have experience in defence, but we do not have a Makelele kind of midfielder to shield our old legs in defence especially against the pacy South Africans.
Zambians are also pacy but they shouldn't give us worries for now because they are still highly inexperienced. Equatorial Guinea shouldn't be a problem if we are in order.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2018
olapluto:

Okobi is a gift. We are lucky in Nigeria because we have a solid production line. I can already name 5 or so players who can start challenging Okobi for her position in 2 years time.
That will be difficult because Okobi get better everyday... As soon as Chikwelu retires from the National team Okobi takes over the No10.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Ngozi Okobi is perhaps the major play maker in that team at the moment, she is lightweight but makes up for it with her spectacular football sense.
Captain Rita Chikwelu may be old and lacking in pace but she's another who brings in that creativity.
l would suggest tho that Okobi play that role against the South Africans( the fastest team in this tournament) while Rita comes in much later.
Okobi is Light weight but she has a nice way of getting past her marker. She is skillful, the pace is there and an excellent passer..
what set her aside from others is her Football sense... her delivery behind the strikers are top notch.
All she needs now is an energetic Center Midfielder and a DM to help clean up the dirty job in the midfield.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:13pm On Nov 10, 2018
Schemerkhiz:

That will be difficult because Okobi get better everyday... As soon as Chikwelu retires from the National team Okobi takes over the No10.

Oga Chikwelu should sit on the bench. She cannot compare to Okobi forget sentiments.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2018
My own take is that we don’t need any slow players in midfield cos the likes of SA, USA or France would rip us apart in the world cup
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by FAMILY247(m): 9:28pm On Nov 10, 2018
Coming into this competition South Africa is perhaps the best prepared side but am very confident the super falcons will defeat them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2018
PDPGuy:
My own take is that we don’t need any slow players in midfield cos the likes of SA, USA or France would rip us apart in the world cup
Why did you include SA? They're not that good.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2018
FAMILY247:
Coming into this competition South Africa is perhaps the best prepared side but am very confident the super falcons will defeat them.

South Africa is the most prepared for every competition but we always beat them.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by FAMILY247(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

South Africa is the most prepared for every competition but we always beat them.

Am not so confident about the super falcons going into this competition, but time will tell when the tournament starts.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2018
isan:
did they all those matches because of ajibade? Ajibade is the best player in Nigeria league so she's always going to make the list u don't know better than the coach

They lost most of the matches because Ajibade was a handicap. Nigerian female league is below average and no wonder a player such as Ajibade is adjudged the best.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Duru1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 10, 2018
The Super Falcons already had proven strikers such as Chinaza Uchendu, Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie and Chinwendu Ihezuo. There is no need adding Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam Imo to the mix instead the coach would have made room for players such as Chidinma Okeke, Peace Efih, Opeyemi Sunday, Tessy Biahwo and Grace Igboamalu.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by olapluto(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

South Africa like to show and huff and puff. They played more friendly games over the year, but they didnt show much improvement. Individually, they do not have new exciting players. Like their men, they just come across as unintelligent footballers who can dribble in open goal. I can easily predict that they will run and run and dribble and create really good goal scoring opportunities, but still manage to lose by 2 goals or more.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2018
FAMILY247:

Am not so confident about the super falcons going into this competition, but time will tell when the tournament starts.

I agree but I just hope the girls can save the NFF's blushes once again.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 10:36pm On Nov 10, 2018
*Confusion Hits Falcons Camp*

By Muibat Aniyikaye

Eight times African Women Nations Cup winner, Super Falcons coaching crews are in face off with some top officials and staff of the NFF over who sit on the bench during matches in the forthcoming African Women Nations in Ghana, a top source revealed to BSN Sports.
The source close to the camp alleged a top official in charge of women national team and another in the technical department of the NFF are behind the confusion.
According to the source who preferred not to be mentioned, the crisis rocking the national team is capable of preventing them from successfully defending the trophy they won two years ago in Cameroon.
While the Falcons coach insisted on having Maureen Mmadu on the bench the NFF staff and an assistance technical official collaborated and insisted on forcing the team curator to be on the bench.
Information available to www.bsnsports.com.ng, revealed that a message appealed has already gone to NFF top guns act swiftly before it gone out of hands.
The message to the NFF Chieftain is appealing to them to handle the ugly situation your attention a which may derail the ambition of the team in Ghana. “I have it on good authority that some officials want to deny the assistant coach Maureen Mmadu (who is the only woman coaching staff with coach Dennerby) her legitimate right of sitting on the bench at the AWCON in Ghana. This might snowball into a big distraction if not address IMMEDIATELY, as the Head Coach is not happy about it, and Maureen threatening to leave the camp if denied opportunity of sitting on the bench to do her job.
All efforts made to reach the General Secretary of the NFF on this proved abortive, as his lines were off.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 3:37am On Nov 11, 2018
Duru1:
The Super Falcons has already had proven strikers such as Chinaza Uchendu, Asisat Oshoala, Francisca Ordega, Desire Oparanozie and Chinwendu Ihezuo. There is no need adding Rasheedat Ajibade and Anam Imo to the mix instead the coach would have made room for players such as Chidinma Okeke, Peace Efih, Opeyemi Sunday, Tessy Biahwo and Grace Igboamalu.

I totally agree. The strike is very solid, except the coach want to ease in the two slowly. However, the strikers are not really aging. I think Rita and Ngozi Okobi can be played together, with Rita dropping back a bit while Ngozi moves forward a bit. Besides Perpetua Nkwocha, to me, Ngozi is the best ever with Super Falcons. She was sheer class in 2010 Under 20.

Who remembers Helen Ukaonu, where is she now?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 7:30am On Nov 11, 2018
handicap? well Nigeria league maybe average but it is the best in Africa
Duru1:

They lost most of the matches because Ajibade was a handicap. Nigerian female league is below average and no wonder a player such as Ajibade is adjudged the best.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Daejoyoung: 7:55am On Nov 11, 2018
isan:
handicap? well Nigeria league maybe average but it is the best in Africa
The truth is that the Nigerian female league seems to be retrogressing in terms of the number of quality players it shuns out.
Africa is mediocre in the female game, so we should stop measuring our standards by Africa, this is why we are yet to grow. Haven't we always been the best in Africa in all aspects of women football? This is nothing new to us.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
Super Falcons set to hit Ghana for AWCON title defence
AWCON 2018 featured Ghana
Nigeria Super Falcons ticker
Falcons fall to superior Mimosas Academy 4- 1 ← Previous Story Cup holders, Super Falcons of Nigeria will on Wednesday this week fly into the Ghanaian capital, Accra before making their way to Cape Coast ahead of the commencement of the 11th Women Africa Cup of Nations finals.
The Falcons have now spent six days at the world –renowned football facility, Sol Beni Sports Centre (owned by ASEC Mimosas Football Club) in Abidjan, following a three –week preparatory program at the Jubilee Chalets and Resort in Epe, Lagos State.
Eight –time champions Nigeria head Group B of the continental showpiece and will contend with the Banyana Banyana of South Africa, Chipolopolo Queens of Zambia and an Equatorial Guinea team restored into the tournament only few days following a CAF Appeal panel ruling.
Only Nigeria and Equatorial Guinea have been successful at the 20 –year old continental fiesta, with the latter emerging winners on the only two previous occasions that Nigeria did not triumph.
While the Guineans have won on the only two occasions they hosted the tournament (2008 and 2012), the Super Falcons have established Africa as their footstool, winning at home in 1998, 2002 and 2006, winning in South Africa in 2000, 2004 and 2010, winning in Namibia in 2014 and winning in Cameroon in 2016.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (1069) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.